Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,498 members, 7,808,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

14 + 1 Religious Lies.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... (2101 Views)

Prophet TB Joshua Curses Zimbabweans For Spreading Lies Against Him / Religious Lies Created By Preachers To Make You Guilty. / 100% Proof That The Bible Lies!!!! Must Read!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 1:08pm On Jul 22, 2014

14 Religious Lies:

1. You are an abomination to God.

2. God doesn’t like you… can’t… won’t… ever. (no matter how hard you try, you will keep falling short of his glory and keep asking for forgiveness of "sins"

3. At least you’ve got your fire insurance policy; be thankful, you’re one of the few lucky ones. cheesy (this one means you won't attend "hell fire)

4. Fall in line, be good, follow the rules, check the boxes, write the checks, play church.

5. Listen to them; they are smarter, they are holier, they are….... well, just trust me. (I'm sure a lot of us can relate)

6. Being yourself is offensive to God so be like Jesus….. oh yeah, you can’t – he’s God and you’re not.

7. Don’t look inward, ignore what your gut is telling you, mistrust anything inside you.

8. You’re forgiven but don’t screw up; that’s the best it gets for now, the really good stuff comes in heaven… I promise.

9. You can’t really be free so put that thought out of your mind.

10. Humanity is divided and you can’t change that; leave well enough alone.

11. You’re not smart enough, spiritual enough, gifted enough, or good enough. (Whooottt!!!!)

12. Love, peace, beauty and harmony? Come on, grow up!

13. Play it safe and do what they say or you may go off the deep end. (manipulation tactics)

14. If it’s not working, try harder. - there must be something you're doing wrong.

15. God cannot possibly love everyone equally. "We Christians are His Favorite" cool

MostlyFacebookLifed@https://www.facebook.com/Nobody.JimPalmer?fref=nf

3 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by qstar(m): 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi, are you an agnostic?
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
OP.. ive never heard any of these lies.. why dont u bring it home.. where are these statements being said

People should learn to search the scriptures themselves
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 1:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
[b]Shed religion where it is necessary for you, and keep moving forward. Don't get stuck in an anti-religion identity. There are bigger fish to fry than the drama of debating and arguing theology with people who represent views you left behind.

There may be times here and there when it is necessary to confront or respond to a destructive religious view that is before you, but don't go looking for it.

However much of your religious Christian past you have deconstructed and discarded doesn't mean it's now your job to incite conflict and controversy everywhere you go by setting everyone straight with your new and improved beliefs.

Very rarely (if ever) are you going to encourage someone toward a different way of seeing by doing this.

Do not get embroiled in this kind of contentious drama. If you have too much time and energy on your hands, perhaps focus on something like addressing the root cause of your suffering. By doing this, you will be aiding the liberation of all humankind. - Jim Palmer.

[/b]

6 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1: OP.. ive never heard any of these lies.. why dont u bring it home.. where are these statements being said

People should learn to search the scriptures themselves

These lies are told us in different shades. You might not be able to relate, because you may've decided to discover God for yourself. I know only 2 Nigerians at the moment who have left Instutional Christianity. Its not an easy journey. Talking about searching scriptures for oneself, personally, I've not read a bible in about 6 months - is the bible bad? No! what's bad is how we read it, for even the bible affirms that the letters killeth but the spirit gives life.

We use the bible to justify our wrath and we've taken so many scriptures out of context. People search the scriptures to find life in Jesus instead of searching Jesus to find life in the scriptures There are over 40,000 Christian denominations today world over and isn't it irking to know that they all find justification for their belief in the same scriptures?

How does that fulfill or espouse Jesus' ideal of "that they may all be one"?

We have put Christianity over Christ and Religion over Spirituality.

Beau, you might wanna go thru the list again, that you've not been told doesn't mean it isn't happening. Heck some of us might even be afraid to admit so for fear of losing our religious comfort zones and security wink

That Said -

I do not hate Church neither do I not hate Christianity [methinks its a good place to start]. These are my views and is not intended to upset anyone. If you are, please know that I'm sorry. smiley

2 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2014
My dear i am not upset and i wonder what you mean by using the bible to justify wrath
Scriptures canbe taken out of context granted however I believe they are sound and consistent

Is the issue about 40000 denominations?

I agree Christ has been relegated

Can we do a discourse of your list..one by one...

MizMyColi:

These lies are told us in different shades. You might not be able to relate, because you may've decided to discover God for yourself. I know only 2 Nigerians at the moment who have left Instutional Christianity. Its not an easy journey. Talking about searching scriptures for oneself, personally, I've not read a bible in about 6 months - is the bible bad? No! what's bad is how we read it, for even the bible affirms that the letters killeth but the spirit gives life.

We use the bible to justify our wrath and we've taken so many scriptures out of context. People search the scriptures to find life in Jesus instead of searching Jesus to find life in the scriptures There are over 40,000 Christian denominations today world over and isn't it irking to know that they all find justification for their belief in the same scriptures?

How does that fulfill or espouse Jesus' ideal of "that they may all be one"?

We have put Christianity over Christ and Religion over Spirituality.

Beau, you might wanna go thru the list again, that you've not been told doesn't mean it isn't happening. Heck some of us might even be afraid to admit so for fear of losing our religious comfort zones and security wink

That Said -

I do not hate Church neither do I not hate Christianity [methinks its a good place to start]. These are my views and is not intended to upset anyone. If you are, please know that I'm sorry. smiley
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 1:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
qstar: MizMyColi, are you an agnostic?
No I'm not. Though my posts sound very christianese.......it might interest you to know that I no longer qualify as a Christian wink. I admit though, that I'm a very spiritual being grin

For now, I don't fit in anywhere. cool
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
It starts...

I will remind you when you get there.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 2:10pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1: My dear i am not upset and i wonder what you mean by using the bible to justify wrath
Scriptures canbe taken out of context granted however I believe they are sound and consistent

Is the issue about 40000 denominations?

I agree Christ has been relegated

Can we do a discourse of your list..one by one...

Beau, perchance, have you heard a typical prayer warrior praying? I used to be one, so I know what I'm talking of That moment when a person is praying "fervently" and be like....

"OH GOD! JUST AS THE BEARS MAULED THOSE CHILDREN WHO INSULTED ELIJAH, OH GOD! MY FATHER! MY FATHER! LET SPIRITUAL BEAR, LION, TIGER, AND CHEETAH TEAR ALL MY ENEMIES TO PIECES cheesy cheesy cheesy ______ Now Beau, that's just one example of using the bible to justify wrath.
oh, btw, I'm still a "warrior" only this time, I wrestle in LOVE and I've never felt more powerful. wink

I remember a similar scenario in the new testament where Jesus' disciples wanted him to call down thunder on some dudes who insulted him and he be like, "Ye do not know what manner of spirit ye are of"........I guess its in order to say the same about those who pray in like manner?

@TheEmboldened.......certainly not! its just a pointer to how the bible, which personally has been of tremendous help and value to me, has been twisted for selfish and corporately selfish purposes.

About dissecting the list.........I may not be able to do that now. When I'm inspired to, I'll tag you and we'll talk (ofcourse, if you're chanced).

That said I wanna ask, would you see me any differently should it be that my beliefs in some way differ from yours?

I learnt very early on this journey to give everyone grace, no matter how far ahead or behind me, they are in this journey of life.
I would that you treat me the same way, we are one, we are all connected wink
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 2:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
The scriptures say that things are as in a shadow and with time they will be revealed

There is a place for such vengeful prayers but with wisdom more knowledge will be gotten

The same David prayed these prayers at a time in his life when chased by Absalom and Saul but when he was restored he forgave

So wisdom is key..

I will love to dissect the lines. tag me anytime

MizMyColi:

Beau, perchance, have you heard a typical prayer warrior praying? I used to be one, so I know what I'm talking of That moment when a person is praying "fervently" and be like....

"OH GOD! JUST AS THE BEARS MAULED THOSE CHILDREN WHO INSULTED ELIJAH, OH GOD! MY FATHER! MY FATHER! LET SPIRITUAL BEAR, LION, TIGER, AND CHEETAH TEAR ALL MY ENEMIES TO PIECES cheesy cheesy cheesy ______ Now Beau, that's just one example of using the bible to justify wrath.
oh, btw, I'm still a "warrior" only this time, I wrestle in LOVE and I've never felt more powerful. wink

I remember a similar scenario in the new testament where Jesus' disciples wanted him to call down thunder on some dudes who insulted him and he be like, "Ye do not know what manner of spirit ye are of"........I guess its in order to say the same about those who pray in like manner?

@TheEmboldened.......certainly not! its just a pointer to how the bible, which personally has been of tremendous help and value to me, has been twisted for selfish and corporately selfish purposes.

About dissecting the list.........I may not be able to do that now. When I'm inspired to, I'll tag you and we'll talk (ofcourse, if you're chanced).

That said I wanna ask, would you see me any differently should it be that my beliefs in some way differ from yours?

I learnt very early on this journey to give everyone grace, no matter how far ahead or behind me, they are in this journey of life.
I would that you treat me the same way, we are one, we are all connected wink
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
I see you've gotten over your fear of "being stoned" cheesy
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 2:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1: The scriptures say that things are as in a shadow and with time they will be revealed

There is a place for such vengeful prayers but with wisdom more knowledge will be gotten

The same David prayed these prayers at a time in his life when chased by Absalom and Saul but when he was restored he forgave

Beau, that David prayed that way doesn't mean we should. As far as am concerned, at face value, not every prayer in the bible (especially the psalms) is HolySpirit inspired.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi:

Beau, that David prayed that way doesn't mean we should. As far as am concerned, at face value, not every prayer in the bible (especially the psalms) is HolySpirit inspired.

Do you believe the Bible is inspired by the Spirit
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:

Do you believe the Bible is inspired by the Spirit
Yes, I do! Just like many religious texts world over. However, I do not consider the bible inerrant, why? because they are written by human beings not God himself. I do not consider the bible the word of God, Jesus Christ is the word of God. [Alot of us have idolized the bible, some the 66 books, others the 81 books] Truth is The bible is one of the best things that has happened to many of us ...... even though the writers didn't have one. Its also one of the worst things that has happened to us .......... some people have used it to justify slave trade embarassed embarassed

Simply put, If I put on my own lenses when reading the bibe - It will Kill me!

But If I put on HolySpirit lenses - It can transform me. grin
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi: Yes, I do! Just like many religious texts world over. However, I do not consider the bible inerrant, why? because they are written by human beings not God himself. I do not consider the bible the word of God, Jesus Christ is the word of God. [Alot of us have idolized the bible, some the 66 books, others the 81 books] Truth is The bible is one of the best things that has happened to many of us ...... even though the writers didn't have one. Its also one of the worst things that has happened to us .......... some people have used it to justify slave trade embarassed embarassed

Simply put, If I put on my own lenses when reading the bibe - It will Kill me!

But If I put on HolySpirit lenses - It can transform me. grin

You are saying too many things and perhaps mixing it all up

Take it one by one so we can dissect

- You believe the Bible is inspired of God and still comparable to other religious texts worldwide?

- If Jesus is the Word and the word is not inerrant, what Law did he come to fulfill

- Men used it to justify slave trade however the practice was on, It was twisted to kill dissenting voices
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:

You are saying too many things and perhaps mixing it all up

Take it one by one so we can dissect

- You believe the Bible is inspired of God and still comparable to other religious texts worldwide?

maybe not comparable seeing as I haven't read other texts per se. I have seen quotes though and I realize that Truth is truth no matter who or what says it. The key is to see God in all things and all things in God.

- If Jesus is the Word and the word is not inerrant, what Law did he come to fulfill
The word is different from the law, i would say that Jesus came to fulfill the desires of the law (which brought death) so that he - the word of God, who is alive and active will abide fully in our lives and bring us into our inheritance.

- Men used it to justify slave trade however the practice was on, It was twisted to kill dissenting voices
I won't be surprised if in the end we're saying the same thing. Its just a matter of English grin grin
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 22, 2014
Ma e-boo now an atheist?

Wondering when I'd have a healthy love life cheesy

Freedom can be awful.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi:

maybe not comparable seeing as I haven't read other texts per se. I have seen quotes though and I realize that Truth is truth no matter who or what says it. The key is to see God in all things and all things in God.
Lets leave this for now...

The word is different from the law, i would say that Jesus came to fulfill the desires of the law (which brought death) so that he - the word of God, who is alive and active will abide fully in our lives and bring us into our inheritance.

Fulfill means perfect.. He came to fulfill it.. why will you focus on Jesus and leave his words which he has given saying it has inconsistencies.
The same Master said.. It is a sin to add one jot of this word or remove

I won't be surprised if in the end we're saying the same thing. Its just a matter of English grin grin

ok..
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 3:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
AirborneLacer: Ma e-boo now an atheist?

Wondering when I'd have a healthy love life cheesy

Freedom can be awful.
Guapo!!! cheesy cheesy I'm not one.....I believe very much in the Godhead. Apparently, that disqualifies me smiley I call Him A-bba, The essence of my being, there is no me without Him. Whatever comes, I'm certain that His sovereign hand will be my guide on this path. I've tried loosing God before, It didn't happen then. Surely it can't happen now. I know he is alive in us all.

1 Like

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
Pickabeau1 Thanks for your time. I wish you more grace.
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi: Pickabeau1 Thanks for your time. I wish you more grace.

hmm,, ok.. waiting for the tag
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by uzoexcel(m): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2014
between u and me, been a staunch catholic, and watchn the news,videos, reading the bible and koran inside out, listening to malcolm x, athiests, martin luther king,and all ; i wonder sometimes if religion isnt a toool to be used at times for nefarious activities....i v a milllion and one questions and am more confused than ever...the only reason i hate arguing is that most times i come against people who already have prejudiced opinions of where they stand and arent willing to argue 'both sides of an argument'..... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

btw: did noah place the dinosaurs in his boat? what happened to them and why werent they mentioned seeing as God created everything?why do we have via carbon dating the ages of dinosaurs on earth as around 150million years ago while man came to earth according to calculations from the bible as less than 6000 years ago? what technology did the ancient egyptians use to build the pyramids/sphinz, irrigation etc when they were supposed to be prehistoric humans with little knowledge of technology?it is said by archaelogists that the technology used by the egyptians to build and craft perfect sized stones for the pyramids were not supposed to have existed in that era. Were the egyptians in contact with ancient and more sophisticated 'aliens? Does standing by the bible and koran reduce our imagination and creativity while making us lazy 'intellectually' especially as africans?

the gods which christianity urges us to do away with, is it not possible they might have actually existed? tales of thor/sango/ amadioha/ oranmiyan etc, how can we all say that they are false and they were all created from the imagination of our forefathers? For example the god of lightning and thunder, sango is also known in latin america and the carribeans as Xangô or Changó (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shango); sango is said wield a 'double-headed axe'. now contrast this to the scandinavian god Thor, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor) who also wields a hammer and is also known as the god of lightning and thunder same as sango and we can see distinct similairities. I dont think that two regions separated by large landmass and culture would coincidentally have similar gods. is sango/olodumare same or similar to Thor/Odin? Has the white man reduced our sense of appreciation that we would pay to watch Thor in cinemas but neglect our own sango?

Did aliens actually visit this earth years and years ago and our ancestors who for lack of more technical knowledge term them 'gods'. Lemme humour you more on this; if i was to get into a car or a motor bike and be transported back in time to the time of adam and eve or to the time of our forefathers who had little knowledge of anything and went about with bows and arrows, how would they describe me? One account of yoruba history lists oduduwa/oranmiyan as descending from heaven with a long chain when he arrived in ife? Now what if he had but with more intelligent means but due to the account holders lack of knowledge of technology in that era, described the device in his own way? in the book of revelations, is it not possible that the prophet saw a vision of the 20th century and landed in the middle of world war 1/2. How do you think the prophet wouldav been? For one he would have been terrified,scared and then with his little knowledge tried to document what he sees like armoured tanks, guns, jet fighters, airplanes, guns, skyscrapers in his own terms and little understanding.

Who made up the bible and the koran? is it possible there were more political reasons for adding and removing specific chapters/gospels? Was the aim of the white missionaries solely to save souls in africa/nigeria or was religion/islam/xtianity used as a hidden tool to rule africa?what was the position of the xtian missionaries and islamic arabs from the north on slavery? What about some of the atrocities in the bible which we xtians dont really talk about e.g daughters sleeping with their fathers? God ordering his people to 'kill anything that moved', take 'women/children as slaves'? We condemn the muslims by selecting some portions of the korans to condemn them but we xtians know that the bible has much worse quotations on killing. and IMO, seeing as the koran is an adaptation of the old testament, perhaps we should get off our high horse when talking this things with muslims. and if we are to say as xtians that we should discard the old testament due to the fact that God sent Jesus to die for us, is it to say that God realised he had made a mistake with Moses and so to correct his mistake, he sent Jesus to introduce a new convenant?But i thought God was omniscience?what was the bible's position on slavery? Are we to regard it as the sign of the times and since things have changed we should overlook that part?An old man from my villa once said to me years ago when i was talking about a saint to him. This old man who was quite learned asked me a question which left me quite flummoxed. He said, 'Why should i pray to a saint who lived and died in portugal/france/italy to intercede to God for him when he could pray to to his late great great grandmother who was a queen and ruled the village wisely and justly and who was logically geographically more nearer to him?

Is it logically true that as xtians all non xtians would all suffer in hell?Millions of muslims,chinese,indians are all doomed to suffer in hell before they are even born? Also muslims, what is the fate of non muslims? Are we all gonna die? Does that mean that if both faith was/is true, then i am condemned to die by default? Even if i live a sane, righteous and non hippocritic life than most fake devotees, will i still suffer in hell? And traditionalists what is the fate of non traditionalists when they die? Jehovah witness, what is the fate of a deeper life person or a catholic person? I read the works of saint thomas aquinas and he said quite clearly, 'There Is No Salvation Except in the Catholic Faith'. Is this correct? What is the truth? Is there any truth at all?

6 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2014
uzoexcel: between u and me, been a staunch catholic, and watchn the news,videos, reading the bible and koran inside out, listening to malcolm x, athiests, martin luther king,and all ; i wonder sometimes if religion isnt a toool to be used at times for nefarious activities....i v a milllion and one questions and am more confused than ever...the only reason i hate arguing is that most times i come against people who already have prejudiced opinions of where they stand and arent willing to argue 'both sides of an argument'..... undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

btw: did noah place the dinosaurs in his boat? what happened to them and why werent they mentioned seeing as God created everything?why do we have via carbon dating the ages of dinosaurs on earth as around 150million years ago while man came to earth according to calculations from the bible as less than 6000 years ago? what technology did the ancient egyptians use to build the pyramids/sphinz, irrigation etc when they were supposed to be prehistoric humans with little knowledge of technology?it is said by archaelogists that the technology used by the egyptians to build and craft perfect sized stones for the pyramids were not supposed to have existed in that era. Were the egyptians in contact with ancient and more sophisticated 'aliens? Does standing by the bible and koran reduce our imagination and creativity while making us lazy 'intellectually' especially as africans?

the gods which christianity urges us to do away with, is it not possible they might have actually existed? tales of thor/sango/ amadioha/ oranmiyan etc, how can we all say that they are false and they were all created from the imagination of our forefathers? For example the god of lightning and thunder, sango is also known in latin america and the carribeans as Xangô or Changó (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shango); sango is said wield a 'double-headed axe'. now contrast this to the scandinavian god Thor, (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor) who also wields a hammer and is also known as the god of lightning and thunder same as sango and we can see distinct similairities. I dont think that two regions separated by large landmass and culture would coincidentally have similar gods. is sango/olodumare same or similar to Thor/Odin? Has the white man reduced our sense of appreciation that we would pay to watch Thor in cinemas but neglect our own sango?

Did aliens actually visit this earth years and years ago and our ancestors who for lack of more technical knowledge term them 'gods'. Lemme humour you more on this; if i was to get into a car or a motor bike and be transported back in time to the time of adam and eve or to the time of our forefathers who had little knowledge of anything and went about with bows and arrows, how would they describe me? One account of yoruba history lists oduduwa/oranmiyan as descending from heaven with a long chain when he arrived in ife? Now what if he had but with more intelligent means but due to the account holders lack of knowledge of technology in that era, described the device in his own way? in the book of revelations, is it not possible that the prophet saw a vision of the 20th century and landed in the middle of world war 1/2. How do you think the prophet wouldav been? For one he would have been terrified,scared and then with his little knowledge tried to document what he sees like armoured tanks, guns, jet fighters, airplanes, guns, skyscrapers in his own terms and little understanding.

Who made up the bible and the koran? is it possible there were more political reasons for adding and removing specific chapters/gospels? Was the aim of the white missionaries solely to save souls in africa/nigeria or was religion/islam/xtianity used as a hidden tool to rule africa?what was the position of the xtian missionaries and islamic arabs from the north on slavery? What about some of the atrocities in the bible which we xtians dont really talk about e.g daughters sleeping with their fathers? God ordering his people to 'kill anything that moved', take 'women/children as slaves'? We condemn the muslims by selecting some portions of the korans to condemn them but we xtians know that the bible has much worse quotations on killing. and IMO, seeing as the koran is an adaptation of the old testament, perhaps we should get off our high horse when talking this things with muslims. and if we are to say as xtians that we should discard the old testament due to the fact that God sent Jesus to die for us, is it to say that God realised he had made a mistake with Moses and so to correct his mistake, he sent Jesus to introduce a new convenant?But i thought God was omniscience?what was the bible's position on slavery? Are we to regard it as the sign of the times and since things have changed we should overlook that part?An old man from my villa once said to me years ago when i was talking about a saint to him. This old man who was quite learned asked me a question which left me quite flummoxed. He said, 'Why should i pray to a saint who lived and died in portugal/france/italy to intercede to God for him when he could pray to to his late great great grandmother who was a queen and ruled the village wisely and justly and who was logically geographically more nearer to him?

Is it logically true that as xtians all non xtians would all suffer in hell?Millions of muslims,chinese,indians are all doomed to suffer in hell before they are even born? Also muslims, what is the fate of non muslims? Are we all gonna die? Does that mean that if both faith was/is true, then i am condemned to die by default? Even if i live a sane, righteous and non hippocritic life than most fake devotees, will i still suffer in hell? And traditionalists what is the fate of non traditionalists when they die? Jehovah witness, what is the fate of a deeper life person or a catholic person? I read the works of saint thomas aquinas and he said quite clearly, 'There Is No Salvation Except in the Catholic Faith'. Is this correct? What is the truth? Is there any truth at all?
shocked shocked shocked

I am happy!!!

I'm not the only one asking questions grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by sconp: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
*thinking*
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 4:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
sconp: *thinking*
smiley Wanna Share your thoughts?
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi: Guapo!!! cheesy cheesy I'm not one.....I believe very much in the Godhead. Apparently, that disqualifies me smiley I call Him A-bba, The essence of my being, there is no me without Him. Whatever comes, I'm certain that His sovereign hand will be my guide on this path. I've tried loosing God before, It didn't happen then. Surely it can't happen now. I know he is alive in us all.

Curiosity if channeled well could be a good thing.

Everybody asks questions, we're all philosophers. Even the well dedicated Christians who're engrossed in their belief still ask questions about God and the Earth, the only difference between them and the atheists who tend to carry themselves around as the more ''enlightened'' is that they've decided to settle for what they 'assume' to know (God) than standing in an empty space and staying undecided (atheism).

Even if you decide to stand in an empty space today and keep asking questions for aeons, believe me you're still not better than that dumb christian who's standing for something he doesn't know about - that's how I see it.

I can handle my curiosity, I don't know about you, but one advice I'd leave behind is this ''On your quest to unravel the truth, try not to get lost entirely''.

3 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by MizMyColi(f): 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
AirborneLacer:

Curiosity if channelled well could be a good thing.

Everybody asks questions, we're all philosophers. Even the well dedicated christians who're engrossed in their belief still ask questions about God and the Earth, the only difference between them and the atheists who tend to carry themselves around as the more ''enlightened'' is that they've decided to settle for what they 'assume' to know (God) than standing in an empty space and staying undecided (atheism).

Even if you decide to stand in an empty space today and keep asking questions for aeons, believe me you're still not better than that dumb christain who's standing for something he doesn't know about - that's how I see it.

I can handle my curiosity, I don't know about you, but one advice I'd leave behind is this ''On your quest to unravel the truth, try not to get lost entirely''.
El Boo, He called me out upon the waters, the great unknown, where feet may fail. And there I find him in the Mystery, in oceans deep, my faith will stand, I will call upon his name and keep my eyes above. When oceans rise, my soul will rest in his embrace. I am His and He is Mine.------- That's a line from one of my best hits ever, though I've personalized it. Thank You El.....I may not be questing for truth (so to speak), I'll keep your advice close to my heart smiley kiss

1 Like

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 5:08pm On Jul 22, 2014
MizMyColi:

39Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of me; 40and ye will not come to me, that ye may have life. - John 5.

2 Likes

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 5:12pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1: The scriptures say that things are as in a shadow and with time they will be revealed

Do you think it would ever be possible that when things are revealed and the shadows lifted we come to realise that the greater part of what we hold on to as essential to christianity may actually be totally wrong? Are you prepared to considered such a possibility? Or are there things in the shadow that you take for absolute light.

1 Like

Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by uzoexcel(m): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
when y'all r done, i would need ur opinions on dz thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by pickabeau1: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO:

Do you think it would ever be possible that when things are revealed and the shadows lifted we come to realise that the greater part of what we hold on to as essential to christianity may actually be totally wrong? Are you prepared to considered such a possibility? Or are there things in the shadow that you take for absolute light.

Things will only be revealed in full liught in the time of resurrection so why do i bother myself with that

Abraham told the rich man that the prophets and the books are enough.. why disturb yourself?
Re: 14 + 1 Religious Lies.... by PastorAIO: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2014
pickabeau1:

Fulfill means perfect.. He came to fulfill it.. why will you focus on Jesus and leave his words which he has given saying it has inconsistencies.
The same Master said.. It is a sin to add one jot of this word or remove

The question, I imagine, would be: how do you know that they are Jesus' words. Whether something has inconsistencies or not does not depend on who said them. If on reading them you find that they have inconsistencies, according to the basic rules of Logical rigour, then you just have to accept that. You can't that becos Jesus said it then it is consistent even if it is actually inconsistent. That's like saying the sky is yellow cos the holy authority said so and it doesn't matter what your eyes tell you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nature Of ISIS? / Frank Edwards Was Asked To Sing For The First Time And This Happened / Morals And Dogma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.