Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

God, Religion And Science - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God, Religion And Science (661 Views)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Atheist State Your Reasons For Not Believing In God/Religion / Atheism: The “No-God” Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God, Religion And Science by chuxyz(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2014
Why is it that whenever science or scientists come up with cutting-edge technology that is capable of bettering the life of mankind, or a technology that saved lives or capable of saving life, we attribute it to God. In such occasion, you see people saying "thank God o". No commendation to science! But whenever science comes up with things that is against religious believes such as weapon of mass destruction, everyone will say woe unto science! They attribute it to the Devil or mankind. I believe science has nothing to do with God and God has nothing to do with science. In fact, science on it's own is a sin. Science was as a result of the knowledge Adam and Eve got from eating the forbidden fruit. Therefore, science evolved from what is forbidden. Thereby, every christian should forbid science and scientific discovery. God never wanted man to acquire that knowledge which is intertwined with sin and evil. In my own part, i will say science is evil. So any christian using scientific gadgets should better throw it away or better still come give it to me. Lol. Science is evil so far religion and God is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: God, Religion And Science by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2014
Have you asked yourself why people praise or blame the coach for the success or failure of his/her team in soccer or any other team sport? Or better still, why people expect a 'leader' to accept responsibility for both the successes and woes of a country?

I believe everything good or bad has its origin from God. It matters not whether he is directly involved or not in bringing abut good or bad. I praise him when things go well and ask him questions when things go wrong.

1 Like

Re: God, Religion And Science by chuxyz(m): 1:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
striktlymi: Have you asked yourself why people praise or blame the coach for the success or failure of his/her team in soccer or any other team sport? Or better still, why people expect a 'leader' to accept responsibility for both the successes and woes of a country?

I believe everything good or bad has its origin from God. It matters not whether he is directly involved or not in bringing abut good or bad. I praise him when things go well and ask him questions when things go wrong.
bro, that's for you o. People don't attribute wrongs to God. Only the right. Scientist do Good, na God. Dem do bad, na man or satan.

1 Like

Re: God, Religion And Science by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
chuxyz: bro, that's for you o. People don't attribute wrongs to God. Only the right. Scientist do Good, na God. Dem do bad, na man or satan.

Am I an alien? Am I not part of the definition of 'people'?
Re: God, Religion And Science by chuxyz(m): 2:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
striktlymi:

Am I an alien? Am I not part of the definition of 'people'?
ofcos you are. But 'people' can be categorised. So that's for your own category of people. Moreover i focused on your last sentenced where you used 'I' and not 'people'.
Re: God, Religion And Science by oghalesluv(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2014
chuxyz: Why is it that whenever science or scientists come up with cutting-edge technology that is capable of bettering the life of mankind, or a technology that saved lives or capable of saving life, we attribute it to God. In such occasion, you see people saying "thank God o". No commendation to science! But whenever science comes up with things that is against religious believes such as weapon of mass destruction, everyone will say woe unto science! They attribute it to the Devil or mankind. I believe science has nothing to do with God and God has nothing to do with science. In fact, science on it's own is a sin. Science was as a result of the knowledge Adam and Eve got from eating the forbidden fruit. Therefore, science evolved from what is forbidden. Thereby, every christian should forbid science and scientific discovery. God never wanted man to acquire that knowledge which is intertwined with sin and evil. In my own part, i will say science is evil. So any christian using scientific gadgets should better throw it away or better still come give it to me. Lol. Science is evil so far religion and God is concerned.

Well from the your post what am concern is that you said Good has nothing to do with scoence and science has nothing to do with God. If i may ask who said so? Or where did you read it from? Any way that your point is very wrong in the sence that God knows the end from the beginning and he also said in His word in the book of Daniel chapter 1 verse 4 where science is first mention in the bible and it reads "Children in whom was no blemish but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom and cunning in knowledge, and understanding SCIENCE... So my brother God has every thing to do with science and science has every thing to do with God.

1 Like

Re: God, Religion And Science by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 26, 2014
oghalesluv:

Well from the your post what am concern is that you said Good has nothing to do with scoence and science has nothing to do with God. If i may ask who said so? Or where did you read it from? Any way that your point is very wrong in the sence that God knows the end from the beginning and he also said in His word in the book of Daniel chapter 1 verse 4 where science is first mention in the bible and it reads "Children in whom was no blemish but well favoured, and skilful in all wisdom and cunning in knowledge, and understanding SCIENCE... So my brother God has every thing to do with science and science has every thing to do with God.
MAN owns SCIENCE, GOD owns MIRACLES or DIVINE INTERVENTION
Re: God, Religion And Science by oghalesluv(m): 5:46am On Jul 26, 2014
unyours: MAN owns SCIENCE, GOD owns MIRACLES or DIVINE INTERVENTION
God gave man the knowledge of science so He is the contorller of all.

(1) (Reply)

Can Morality Be Genetically Based? / Religion; A Threat To Nigeria's Peaceful Coexistence / The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.