Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,708 members, 7,805,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? (1775 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Christianity VS Islam Vs Atheism...which Has Created More Foolishness? / Christianity Vs. Islam And The Problem Of Evil by Arnie Gentile Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
I will copy and paste selected parts of the bible buttressing my point.
Though before i draw the wrong conclusions, i would love to ask my muslims brothers the significance of ishamael to the islamic faith

Genesis 16 (New International Version)
Hagar and Ishmael
1 Now Sarai, Abram's wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian maidservant named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, "The LORD has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my maidservant; perhaps I can build a family through her." Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian maidservant Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife.. When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. 5 Then Sarai said to Abram, "You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my servant in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the LORD judge between you and me." 6 "Your servant is in your hands," Abram said. "Do with her whatever you think best." Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her. 7 The angel of the LORD found Hagar near a spring in the desert; it was the spring that is beside the road to Shur. 8 And he said, "Hagar, servant of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?" "I'm running away from my mistress Sarai," she answered. 9 Then the angel of the LORD told her, "Go back to your mistress and submit to her." 10 The angel added, "I will so increase your descendants that they will be too numerous to count." 11 The angel of the LORD also said to her: "You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. 12 He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers." 13 She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said, "I have now seen the One who sees me." . 15 So Hagar bore Abram a son, and Abram gave the name Ishmael to the son she had borne. 16 Abram was eighty-six years old when Hagar bore him Ishmael.

Genesis 17 (New International Version)
18 And Abraham said to God, "If only Ishmael might live under your blessing!" 19 Then God said, "Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac. I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation. 21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year."

Genesis 21 (New International Version)
The Birth of Isaac
1 Now the LORD was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised. 2 Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him. 3 Abraham gave the name Isaac to the son Sarah bore him.

Genesis 21:8-21 (New International Version)
Hagar and Ishmael Sent Away
8 The child grew and was weaned, and on the day Isaac was weaned Abraham held a great feast. 9 But Sarah saw that the son whom Hagar the Egyptian had borne to Abraham was mocking, 10 and she said to Abraham, "Get rid of that slave woman and her son, for that slave woman's son will never share in the inheritance with my son Isaac." 11 The matter distressed Abraham greatly because it concerned his son. 12 But God said to him, "Do not be so distressed about the boy and your maidservant. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned. 13 I will make the son of the maidservant into a nation also, because he is your offspring." 14 Early the next morning Abraham took some food and a skin of water and gave them to Hagar. He set them on her shoulders and then sent her off with the boy. She went on her way and wandered in the desert of Beersheba. 15 When the water in the skin was gone, she put the boy under one of the bushes. 16 Then she went off and sat down nearby, about a bowshot away, for she thought, "I cannot watch the boy die." And as she sat there nearby, she began to sob. 17 God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, "What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. 18 Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation." 19 Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink. 20 God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer. 21 While he was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt.

Genesis 25 (New International Version)
Jacob and Esau
19 This is the account of Abraham's son Isaac. Abraham became the father of Isaac, 20 and Isaac was forty years old when he married Rebekah daughter of Bethuel the Aramean from Paddan Aram and sister of Laban the Aramean. 21 Isaac prayed to the LORD on behalf of his wife, because she was barren. The LORD answered his prayer, and his wife Rebekah became pregnant. 22 The babies jostled each other within her, and she said, "Why is this happening to me?" So she went to inquire of the LORD. 23 The LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." 24 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. 25 The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau. 26 After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau's heel; so he was named Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to them. 27 The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was a quiet man, staying among the tents.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
Continuing,

Genesis 27 (New International Version)
Jacob Gets Isaac's Blessing
1 When Isaac was old and his eyes were so weak that he could no longer see, he called for Esau his older son and said to him, "My son." "Here I am," he answered. 2 Isaac said, "I am now an old man and don't know the day of my death. 3 Now then, get your weapons--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me. 4 Prepare me the kind of tasty food I like and bring it to me to eat, so that I may give you my blessing before I die." 5 Now Rebekah was listening as Isaac spoke to his son Esau. When Esau left for the open country to hunt game and bring it back, 6 Rebekah said to her son Jacob, "Look, I overheard your father say to your brother Esau, 7 'Bring me some game and prepare me some tasty food to eat, so that I may give you my blessing in the presence of the LORD before I die.' 8 Now, my son, listen carefully and do what I tell you: 9 Go out to the flock and bring me two choice young goats, so I can prepare some tasty food for your father, just the way he likes it. 10 Then take it to your father to eat, so that he may give you his blessing before he dies." 11 Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, "But my brother Esau is a hairy man, and I'm a man with smooth skin. 12 What if my father touches me? I would appear to be tricking him and would bring down a curse on myself rather than a blessing." 13 His mother said to him, "My son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say; go and get them for me." 14 So he went and got them and brought them to his mother, and she prepared some tasty food, just the way his father liked it. 15 Then Rebekah took the best clothes of Esau her older son, which she had in the house, and put them on her younger son Jacob. 16 She also covered his hands and the smooth part of his neck with the goatskins. 17 Then she handed to her son Jacob the tasty food and the bread she had made. 18 He went to his father and said, "My father." "Yes, my son," he answered. "Who is it?" 19 Jacob said to his father, "I am Esau your firstborn. I have done as you told me. Please sit up and eat some of my game so that you may give me your blessing." 20 Isaac asked his son, "How did you find it so quickly, my son?" "The LORD your God gave me success," he replied. 21 Then Isaac said to Jacob, "Come near so I can touch you, my son, to know whether you really are my son Esau or not." 22 Jacob went close to his father Isaac, who touched him and said, "The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau." 23 He did not recognize him, for his hands were hairy like those of his brother Esau; so he blessed him. 24 "Are you really my son Esau?" he asked. "I am," he replied. 25 Then he said, "My son, bring me some of your game to eat, so that I may give you my blessing." Jacob brought it to him and he ate; and he brought some wine and he drank. 26 Then his father Isaac said to him, "Come here, my son, and kiss me." 27 So he went to him and kissed him. When Isaac caught the smell of his clothes, he blessed him and said, "Ah, the smell of my son is like the smell of a field that the LORD has blessed. 28 May God give you of heaven's dew and of earth's richness-- an abundance of grain and new wine. 29 May nations serve you and peoples bow down to you. Be lord over your brothers, and may the sons of your mother bow down to you. May those who curse you be cursed and those who bless you be blessed." 30 After Isaac finished blessing him and Jacob had scarcely left his father's presence, his brother Esau came in from hunting. 31 He too prepared some tasty food and brought it to his father. Then he said to him, "My father, sit up and eat some of my game, so that you may give me your blessing." 32 His father Isaac asked him, "Who are you?" "I am your son," he answered, "your firstborn, Esau." 33 Isaac trembled violently and said, "Who was it, then, that hunted game and brought it to me? I ate it just before you came and I blessed him--and indeed he will be blessed!" 34 When Esau heard his father's words, he burst out with a loud and bitter cry and said to his father, "Bless me--me too, my father!" 35 But he said, "Your brother came deceitfully and took your blessing." 36 Esau said, "Isn't he rightly named Jacob ? He has deceived me these two times: He took my birthright, and now he's taken my blessing!" Then he asked, "Haven't you reserved any blessing for me?" 37 Isaac answered Esau, "I have made him lord over you and have made all his relatives his servants, and I have sustained him with grain and new wine. So what can I possibly do for you, my son?" 38 Esau said to his father, "Do you have only one blessing, my father? Bless me too, my father!" Then Esau wept aloud. 39 His father Isaac answered him, "Your dwelling will be away from the earth's richness, away from the dew of heaven above. 40 You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. But when you grow restless, you will throw his yoke from off your neck."

Genesis 28 (New International Version)
1 So Isaac called for Jacob and blessed him and commanded him: "Do not marry a Canaanite woman. 2 Go at once to Paddan Aram, to the house of your mother's father Bethuel. Take a wife for yourself there, from among the daughters of Laban, your mother's brother. 8 Esau then realized how displeasing the Canaanite women were to his father Isaac; 9 so he went to Ishmael and married Mahalath, the sister of Nebaioth and daughter of Ishmael son of Abraham, in addition to the wives he already had.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2014
Hmmm,on one side we have Isaac and then Jacob and on the order side we have Ishmael/Esau.... Christians/Jews believe they have their origins from Abraham/isaac/Jacob while Muslims trace their origins (before mohammed, nt sure though) through Abraham/ishmael and/or Esau. Similiarities abound between the Arabs and Ishmael/Esau....from the quotes,

[b]

Genesis 16 /i] 11 The angel of the LORD also said to her: "You are now with child and you will have a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the LORD has heard of your misery. He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."
[i]
Genesis 21
20 God was with the boy(ishmael) as he grew up. He lived in the desert and became an archer. 21 While he was living in the Desert of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt.

Genesis 25 23 The LORD said to her, "Two nations are in your womb, and two peoples from within you will be separated; one people will be stronger than the other, and the older will serve the younger." 24 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. 25 The first to come out was red, and his whole body was like a hairy garment; so they named him Esau. 26 After this, his brother came out, with his hand grasping Esau's heel; so he was named Jacob. Isaac was sixty years old when Rebekah gave birth to them. 27 The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the open country.

Genesis 27 38 Esau said to his father, "Do you have only one blessing, my father? Bless me too, my father!" Then Esau wept aloud. 39 His father Isaac answered him, "Your dwelling will be away from the earth's richness, away from the dew of heaven above. 40 You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother.

Genesis 28: 9 so he went to Ishmael and married Mahalath, the sister of Nebaioth and daughter of Ishmael son of Abraham [/b]

Esau and Ishmael bear striking similiarities in skin, behaviour and nomadic patterns of the arabs and even closer to home here, the nomadic fulanis. Is it possible both religions were doomed and cursed from the start by God/Allah to become mortal enemies to the end of time?

As said earlier pls drop 'unantagonizing' comments here.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by plaetton: 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
^^^

Chai Chai!
Ignorance is a horrible horrible disease.

No wonder they say that religion = low IQ

My friend, your ignorance is soooo embarrassing , even to me.
If only you studied a little history in school.
I guess you were too busy doing boyoyo during history lessons.

There has never ever been any type of historical conflict between Jews and Moslems. In fact, they had gooten along very very well over the past 1500yrs.
In fact, it has been the European christians who have persecuted Jews for the last 2000 yrs.
The same European christians have been causing unrest in the middle east, first with their holy crusades, and then later with their greedy imperialism.

The present conflict between Israel and Palestinians has never been about religion. It is about land , Western imperialism and geopolitics.

Please read up on it and stop writing nonsense.
Ignorant bloke.

5 Likes

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
@ plaetton:
try and be respectful.....or better still edit ur comments...at no point did i make any allusions to anyone..and sorry, i dddnt do history;pure engineering is my forte...if u got better facts drop it but treat everyone and anyone with respect...i m willing to learn...If i was to drop a thread on my field of research which is Quantum teleportation, i bet u may not have any idea of what i speak of and this doesnt mean you are ignorant.

maybe i made a mistake by using the term conflict.....i meant the fact that they rarely see eye to eye in matters of the scriptures, their total different lifestyles, and all.......but tell me the crusade wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades) was fought between who/what?

and lastly if u look at this thread u will know i am no advocate of any true religion though i am a catholic....
https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each

i only try to 'provoke' arguments the greek way so as to learn more from different perceptions and opinions

plaetton: ^^^

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by PastorAIO: 8:15pm On Jul 22, 2014
Some interesting thoughts that I've had for a few years now.

Today we have christians supporting Jews and Israel and they gang up together against the Muslims. Yet this is a recent thing. Throughout most of history since Islam started and built an empire it is the christians that have inflicted the most injury on the Jews. It is the christians that accuse the Jews of killing Jesus, it is christians that talk about Jesus as if he wasn't a jew, it is christians that committed pogroms against the Jews everywhere in Europe. And what did the Jews do when the christians oppressed them till it became unbearable? They ran to the Islamic nations where they were given sanctuary.

When the Moslems were in Spain there was freedom of religion for christians and Jews. When the Christians drove the Moslem moors out of Spain they brought religious oppression and Auto Da Fe. The Jews fled towards Islam. Many fled to Ottoman empire. For centuries the Moslems always accommodated the Jews. Then by the oddest twist of history, just because christian Germany killed 6 million jews in a holocaust in the 20th century they Jews get a jewish state in a moslem country and in the bizzarrest case of human ingratitude they now blow up moslem babies with plenty of help and support from their christian supporters in USA.

By the red sentence above I'm talking about the gospels that say things like, I paraphrase, 'and the jews came to Jesus trying to trick him' or 'Jesus was avoiding the jews'. When you read it you would imagine that Jesus wasn't a Jew but a foreigner in an evil Jewish country. It is so obviously a blatant case of propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
'by real odd twist of history.'..lol.. .thanks pastor and btw if u have any links supporting any argument, can u kindly add it up
i for one know that xtians had jews had deep enenmity but for now they are illogically the best of friends or is it more like 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend relationship?
and between i think the crusades (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades) was the first documented report of conflicts (not sure) between christianity and islam though there are so many reasons proffered by both sides for the war.
PastorAIO: Some interesting thoughts that I've had for a few years now.

Today we have christians supporting Jews and Israel and they gang up together against the Muslims. Yet this is a recent thing. Throughout most of history since Islam started and built an empire it is the christians that have inflicted the most injury on the Jews. It is the christians that accuse the Jews of killing Jesus, it is christians that talk about Jesus as if he wasn't a jew, it is christians that committed pogroms against the Jews everywhere in Europe. And what did the Jews do when the christians oppressed them till it became unbearable? They ran to the Islamic nations where they were given sanctuary.

When the Moslems were in Spain there was freedom of religion for christians and Jews. When the Christians drove the Moslem moors out of Spain they brought religious oppression and Auto Da Fe. The Jews fled towards Islam. Many fled to Ottoman empire. For centuries the Moslems always accommodated the Jews. Then by the oddest twist of history, just because christian Germany killed 6 million jews in a holocaust in the 20th century they Jews get a jewish state in a moslem country and in the bizzarrest case of human ingratitude they now blow up moslem babies with plenty of help and support from their christian supporters in USA.

By the red sentence above I'm talking about the gospels that say things like, I paraphrase, 'and the jews came to Jesus trying to trick him' or 'Jesus was avoiding the jews'. When you read it you would imagine that Jesus wasn't a Jew but a foreigner in an evil Jewish country. It is so obviously a blatant case of propaganda.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by plaetton: 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
uzoexcel: @ plaetton:
try and be respectful.....or better still edit ur comments...at no point did i make any allusions to anyone..and sorry, i dddnt do history;pure engineering is my forte...if u got better facts drop it but treat everyone and anyone with respect...i m willing to learn...If i was to drop a thread on my field of research which is Quantum teleportation, i bet u may not have any idea of what i speak of and this doesnt mean you are ignorant.

maybe i made a mistake by using the term conflict.....i meant the fact that they rarely see eye to eye in matters of the scriptures, their total different lifestyles, and all.......but tell me the crusade wars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades) was fought between who/what?

and lastly if u look at this thread u will know i am no advocate of any true religion though i am a catholic....
https://www.nairaland.com/1824358/lets-us-brainstorm-learn-each

i only try to 'provoke' arguments the greek way so as to learn more from different perceptions and opinions

oK. Noted, and I apologize for my harsh words.
It's just that it irks me when people come to this forum pushing hate agendas without any real facts to back them up.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by plaetton: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
PastorAIO: Some interesting thoughts that I've had for a few years now.

What you have described above is a great tragedy of history, and what makes it soooo bizzaar is that everyone seems to have developed a kind selective amnesia about the history of the Jews in christian Europe.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 9:51am On Jul 23, 2014
Aite its cooool smiley
plaetton:

oK. Noted, and I apologize for my harsh words.
It's just that it irks me when people come to this forum pushing hate agendas without any real facts to back them up.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by cyberuzo(m): 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
pastoraio; your statement --(" just" because they killed 6 million jews) makes it look as if d genocide was just a casual event. The genocide was a very tragic event that involved the brutal killing and torture of 6 million people (the population of a few countries). The world deemed it fit to give the jews land in compensation for that. Although nothing can equal the value of 6million lives.
Also, the jews just didn't fire their rockets for firing sake. The arabs fired rockets at them first. The jews retaliated in force (though it was a bit like an eye for two eyes) ... Too forceful, infact.
But the israeli pm made a valid point which can't be ignored . He said: while we use our rockets to protect our civilians, Hamas use their civilians to protect their rockets...

Em, hope I didn't derail the original train of thought of this thread

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by PastorAIO: 1:41pm On Jul 23, 2014
cyberuzo: pastoraio; your statement --(" just" because they killed 6 million jews) makes it look as if d genocide was just a casual event. The genocide was a very tragic event that involved the brutal killing and torture of 6 million people (the population of a few countries). The world deemed it fit to give the jews land in compensation for that. Although nothing can equal the value of 6million lives.
Also, the jews just didn't fire their rockets for firing sake. The arabs fired rockets at them first. The jews retaliated in force (though it was a bit like an eye for two eyes) ... Too forceful, infact.
But the israeli pm made a valid point which can't be ignored . He said: while we use our rockets to protect our civilians, Hamas use their civilians to protect their rockets...

Em, hope I didn't derail the original train of thought of this thread

The 'just' in that statement was not suggesting it was casual, but rather that it denoted exclusivity. I can flog you just because you stole my chocolate. In other words I flog you precisely and exclusively because you stole my chocolate and for no other reason.

But having said that I believe that I am still wrong when I think of it. Israel wasn't created just because of the holocaust because zionists had planned it from a long time before the holocaust. Israel was created mainly due to a zionist agenda.

You have mentioned who fired rockets first as if that is where the aggression started. The very first act of Aggression was the creation of the State of Israel. The Zionists expected the Palestinians to react and had prepared for all these eventualities decades before they actually became manifest.

A partial Jewish State is not the end, but only the beginning. ... I am certain that we well not be prevented from settling in the other parts of the country, either by mutual agreements with our Arab neighbors or by some other means. . . [If the Arabs refuse] we shall have to speak to them in another language. But we shall only have another language if we have a state."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

This was said by the father of the State of Israel. The father of Zionism himself. They knew that to take over the land they would have to resort to what he calls 'another language'. They were prepared for the violence.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
Wrong !!
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 2:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
read the wiki quotes just now......very interesting really!!!!!
PastorAIO:

The 'just' in that statement was not suggesting it was casual, but rather that it denoted exclusivity. I can flog you just because you stole my chocolate. In other words I flog you precisely and exclusively because you stole my chocolate and for no other reason.

But having said that I believe that I am still wrong when I think of it. Israel wasn't created just because of the holocaust because zionists had planned it from a long time before the holocaust. Israel was created mainly due to a zionist agenda.

You have mentioned who fired rockets first as if that is where the aggression started. The very first act of Aggression was the creation of the State of Israel. The Zionists expected the Palestinians to react and had prepared for all these eventualities decades before they actually became manifest.

A partial Jewish State is not the end, but only the beginning. ... I am certain that we well not be prevented from settling in the other parts of the country, either by mutual agreements with our Arab neighbors or by some other means. . . [If the Arabs refuse] we shall have to speak to them in another language. But we shall only have another language if we have a state."

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

This was said by the father of the State of Israel. The father of Zionism himself. They knew that to take over the land they would have to resort to what he calls 'another language'. They were prepared for the violence.
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by Unbias: 2:59pm On Jul 23, 2014
There has never ever been any type of historical conflict between Jews and Moslems. In fact, they had gooten along very very well over the past 1500yrs.

This assertion is wrong. Pls endeavour to do some homework on it.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 3:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
if u v any link to support ur views, plz drop it here smiley
Unbias:

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by plaetton: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
Unbias:

This is quite funny.
Normally, even on this forum, when you assert that someone is wrong about something, you are then obliged to provide facts or references to show how the person is wrong.
Kindly show us any historical era where Jews and Muslims have been in conflict with each other prior the era of European imperialism.

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 8:57am On Jul 24, 2014
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by okeymet: 12:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
Dear Uzo, the Islamic religion was begun by Mahomet or Mohammed, a fugitive from justice in the sixth century. There is no link whatsoever between the old testament and Islamism. They only seek to make their sect presentable by tracing it falsely to Ishmael. It's all sweet and nice to paint nice pictures of Islam as if it were one sweet religion. But the reality is quite different. Islam was born in violence, grew through violence and sustained by violence. Jihad is the normal way of propagation of Islam.

I do not have any scruples in saying that Islam is a false religion. There is only one true religion, the Catholic religion, for the simple reason that truth is by essence one, as opposed to falsehood which comes in many forms.

Fr Nkamuke Okechukwu Bede

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 10:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Thanks Father Oke grin grin grin
okeymet: Dear Uzo, the Islamic religion was begun by Mahomet or Mohammed, a fugitive from justice in the sixth century. There is no link whatsoever between the old testament and Islamism. They only seek to make their sect presentable by tracing it falsely to Ishmael. It's all sweet and nice to paint nice pictures of Islam as if it were one sweet religion. But the reality is quite different. Islam was born in violence, grew through violence and sustained by violence. Jihad is the normal way of propagation of Islam.

I do not have any scruples in saying that Islam is a false religion. There is only one true religion, the Catholic religion, for the simple reason that truth is by essence one, as opposed to falsehood which comes in many forms.

Fr Nkamuke Okechukwu Bede

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 10:21am On Jul 25, 2014
A small clip from the pocahontas cartoon..The best line in the song by both tribe is ' THey are not like u and me and so that means they must be evil'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8
Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by Unbias: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
plaetton:

This is quite funny.
Normally, even on this forum, when you assert that someone is wrong about something, you are then obliged to provide facts or references to show how the person is wrong.
Kindly show us any historical era where Jews and Muslims have been in conflict with each other prior the era of European imperialism.

Thank you in advance.

Chai Chai!
Ignorance is a horrible horrible disease.
No wonder they say that religion = low IQ
My friend, your ignorance is soooo embarrassing , even to me.
If only you studied a little history in school.
I guess you were too busy doing boyoyo during history lessons.

If Muslim army conquers a territory, they extend darwa to 'the people of the book' If they accept and become Muslims, they become free and have full right. If they decline, they will either emigrate or accept the status of Dhimmi. Since the 7th century, Jews have lived peacefully in Islamic nations because they accepted the status of Dhimmis. Dhimmis are second-class citizens who live under the protection of Islamic states. They were allowed to practice their religion but with restrictions. they must not build and expand places of worship or repair dilapidated ones. They cannot publicize their religion, they have other religious, social and political restrictions too. It was a must for them to pay Jizya to the Islamic authority. In fact, being a Dhimmi was an inferior status and so, many Jews were forced to convert to Islam in order to enjoy full right as citizens. Some emigrated from Islamic states and others continued to cope and maintain Dhimmi status. Personally I do not consider this a true tolerance because of the conditions attached and some oppression history recorded.

History recorded several Muslims-Jews rifts prior the era of European imperialism. In fact, the prophet of Islam could not tolerate three different Jewish communities and had to either expel or exterminate them. I will just give you an outline for you to carryout further research on and maybe your findings will refute my claims.

1. Muslims expelled Jews (Banu Qaynuqa) from Medina - 6th century event

2. Jews (Banu Nadir) sent into exile by muslim army - 6th century event

3. Muslim besieged, slaughtered (about 800 men) and enslaved Jews (Qurayza) - 6th century event

4. Over 90 Jews killed by Muslims in the battle of Khaybar- 6th century event

5. Caliph Umar expulsion of Jews - 7th century event

6. The Almohad dynasty forced Jews to convert to Islam, flee or die -12th century event

7. Askia dynasty forcibly converted Jews to Islam - 14th century event

8. Safavid dynasty compelled Jews to convert to Islam - 16th century event

9. The Donmeh in the Ottoman Empire - 16th century event

Cruel treatment and forceful conversion of the Jews since 18th century till date are too numerous to outline.

3 Likes

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 2:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
interesting
Unbias:

If Muslim army conquers a territory, they extend darwa to 'the people of the book' If they accept and become Muslims, they become free and have full right. If they decline, they will either emigrate or accept the status of Dhimmi. Since the 7th century, Jews have lived peacefully in Islamic nations because they accepted the status of Dhimmis. Dhimmis are second-class citizens who live under the protection of Islamic states. They were allowed to practice their religion but with restrictions. they must not build and expand places of worship or repair dilapidated ones. They cannot publicize their religion, they have other religious, social and political restrictions too. It was a must for them to pay Jizya to the Islamic authority. In fact, being a Dhimmi was an inferior status and so, many Jews were forced to convert to Islam in order to enjoy full right as citizens. Some emigrated from Islamic states and others continued to cope and maintain Dhimmi status. Personally I do not consider this a true tolerance because of the conditions attached and some oppression history recorded.

History recorded several Muslims-Jews rifts prior the era of European imperialism. In fact, the prophet of Islam could not tolerate three different Jewish communities and had to either expel or exterminate them. I will just give you an outline for you to carryout further research on and maybe your findings will refute my claims.

1. Muslims expelled Jews (Banu Qaynuqa) from Medina - 6th century event

2. Jews (Banu Nadir) sent into exile by muslim army - 6th century event

3. Muslim besieged, slaughtered (about 800 men) and enslaved Jews (Qurayza) - 6th century event

4. Over 90 Jews killed by Muslims in the battle of Khaybar- 6th century event

5. Caliph Umar expulsion of Jews - 7th century event

6. The Almohad dynasty forced Jews to convert to Islam, flee or die -12th century event

7. Askia dynasty forcibly converted Jews to Islam - 14th century event

8. Safavid dynasty compelled Jews to convert to Islam - 16th century event

9. The Donmeh in the Ottoman Empire - 16th century event

Cruel treatment and forceful conversion of the Jews since 18th century till date are too numerous to outline.

1 Like

Re: The Origin Of The Christian(jewish) Vs Islam Conflict, No? by uzoexcel(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
[b]
pls pls and pls i urge everyone to take a look at this links below..its quite pertinent...been reading it all through last month aand also watched a few vids on youtube...most especially the first link
https://www.nairaland.com/872006/destruction-black-civilization-chancellor-williams

https://www.nairaland.com/326177/tomb-art-ancient-egypt-black

i have known about the defamation of the sphinx for some years but the scale at which it was done on other structures is mind boggling...most of us dont even know that the first pictures on the walls of the earliest discovered tombs were of blacks people?an historical account even gives a story of a war stating 'Ramses uses his army to crush a horde of caucasoids (light skinned people)?.and its a pity that no black person of note has thought to research on the 'lives of negroes in the 10th century or even pre jesus years'? where the hell is the history of blacks?what happened to us? is it not coincidental that our history from novels and movies started from the slave trade period?whyz no one asking this questions?if u ask the churcheos xtians, they would say 'we are children of israel' ? does this even make any sense? the whites or even chinese can tell u what happened to them in the 5th century or the time of the crusades or taipei etc...what about us?have we, in the name of accepting xtianity/islam etc thrown away our identity? pls read the first link well and pass to friends if possible

****pls lets argue on this like matured intelligent people;no pub talk and dont just put up a statement here saying 'u need to repent', or 'u need Allah/jesus' without contributing anything meaningful to this topic...over and out[/b]

(1) (Reply)

Not An Atheist In A Foxhole / Dont Conclude Yet / Who Has Heard Of P5 Network Society For Christian Welfare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.