Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,965 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:32 AM

5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary (16496 Views)

I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements / Plastic Manufacturing And Paint Company Start Up / Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2014
Good morning folks....today i dont feel like doing anything. Actually got another website design job for a small engineering company. So am waiting for materials to be sent to me so i can start working. And dem never approve my mobilization fee. angry
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2014
databoy247: Good morning folks[b]....today i dont feel like doing anything[/b]. Actually got another website design job for a small engineering company. So am waiting for materials to be sent to me so i can start working. And dem never approve my mobilization fee. angry

Try Black Coffee, no sugar, no milk... wink
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 10:18am On Aug 05, 2014
bigx:
Try Black Coffee, no sugar, no milk... wink
Hmmm....reminds me of Jack Reacher (Lee Child's novel character), if you read novels you would know about him...the big ex military cop who is a drifter...also the best investigator in the world wink. I heard coffee deprives one of sleep, well, the weather is cold and cool so i dont mind a nap.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:25pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hi folks....been a while.

I have been working on my company website. Your website tells alot about you, it's your digital representation of your business on the World Wide Web and so it should look good. I did a complete redesign of my website, letterhead papers, and logo. Please go through it and give your own assessment. As for copy-cats, i have disabled the "right click" and "text select" feature so don't bother copying my contents grin

You can download the company profile and the company's price list from the website.

5 Star Global Nature of business;
- I.C.T Consultations (Website development, social media marketing, I.T equipments supply, installations and maintenance)

- Business Solutions (Organizational Branding, Administrative Consulting, CAC registrations, Corporate & Industrial supplies).

Am currently working on a few websites, hence my lack of updates.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by etcme(m): 3:18pm On Aug 12, 2014
databoy247: Hi folks....been a while.

I have been working on my company website. Your website tells alot about you, it's your digital representation of your business on the World Wide Web and so it should look good.
5 Star Global Nature of business;
- I.C.T Consultations (Website development, social media marketing
Sincerely speaking you have revived my spirit of enterprenuership. You have a good website.
Currently, I am an undergraduate student in one of the polytechnics in this country and ever since I have been in school I havnt for once see myself as one going to work under somebody. One major area I want to major in is ICT especially Web Designs and I have been making enquiries on it to see if I can be able to learn it before I graduate. Most people I meet discouraged me saying that it will take a lot of time to learn it. But some say if I can learn Joomla, Wordress and co. I can survive a bit. Please sir, whats your take on that.
God Bless your efforts!

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Infomizer(m): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2014
Keep up the good work bro...Don't fail to network. It is friggin important. Always have something to offer. That way, no one will look down on you, and that, my friend is very important in this hustle.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
Infomizer: Keep up the good work bro...Don't fail to network. It is friggin important. Always have something to offer. That way, no one will look down on you, and that, my friend is very important in this hustle.
Thanks my friend, i wont forget that. I have been invited to join Rotary club of Warri and am thinking of taking up that offer if not for anything, but for the purpose of networking.

etcme:
Sincerely speaking you have revived my spirit of enterprenuership. You have a good website.
Currently, I am an undergraduate student in one of the polytechnics in this country and ever since I have been in school I havnt for once see myself as one going to work under somebody. One major area I want to major in is ICT especially Web Designs and I have been making enquiries on it to see if I can be able to learn it before I graduate. Most people I meet discouraged me saying that it will take a lot of time to learn it. But some say if I can learn Joomla, Wordress and co. I can survive a bit. Please sir, whats your take on that.
God Bless your efforts!
Website design is something you can learn forever. And that's the truth. BUT just like the ocean, it's very vast and wide hence you can as well pick an aspect of it and learn it properly in no distant time. While you build a professional skill around one area, you can as well learn other areas on your free time. It's an added advantage to know a bit of so many of them.

Personally, i am not an expert in everything pertaining to web development but i can beat my chest that i am an authority in a few areas especially wordpress. With this program called Wordpress, you can build any kind of website that comes to your imagination. All you have to do is master it properly, then learn some html, php, and css. If not everything, at least the basics. The reason is because designing a good website with Wordpress needs alot of tweaking and you need the other knowledge highlighted earlier to be able to tweak very well.

In all, its a good handwork just like any handwork out there. The only difference about it (which is cool) is that you can work and at the same time watch good movies and still earn some good money. Unlike some other handwork that requires you to work under the sun. If you have some interest in it, i will advise you to go for it cos you never can tell how it's gonna be like after graduation. But at least you are going to be confident that you can earn an income after graduation.

And the truth is that if you can operate the computer and browse the internet, you can start designing cool websites with wordpress in less than two months. It's not as hard as people think.

Some months ago, i wrote an ebook on how to build websites using wordpress technology. Its a step by step guide with pics, instructions, etc. there are also steps on how to get constant website design jobs. The whole book is a compendium of every thing i know about website design and how i do my marketing to get steady jobs. It's listed on sale at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Webex-professional-wordpress-technology-ebook/dp/B00J6TLQDQ/ref=sr_1_wsc1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1408019327&sr=1-1-wordsplitter&keywords=Nwaka+Osakwuni

And it's also being sold locally here. You can get a copy of it anytime (just make a request).

Cheers.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2014
Other updates:

I have been doing some small work on my office the past few days. A carpenter started working there yesterday (all these guys dey expensive oh kai), by tomorrow he will start building a visitors/ waiting chairs. I would have gone for something imported but i couldnt find the concept i had in my mind so i guess i just have to build it. And also i am looking for some kind of wall papers (i cant seem to find it around here).....The type that has brown bricks designs. I need it so badly!

They say packaging is everything. I might not have much to spend but the little i have, i will try to make the place look presentable. Even if Onyibo man enter inside, he go gladly give me the contract grin

Next week budget: Buying a generator. (pheeeeeew).

Biko, i need like 50k loan oh!!! Kind hearted Nigerians make una come to my aid. If you can donate it (or some of it) as a sign of encouragement, me i will appreciate it oh. But if you can lend it to me, i will re-pay you back (the whole office thing has drained me badly). I really need money now cos whether the devil (or my haters) likes it or not, the office must become fully operational next month!

Will update with photos soon. grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2014
Try aliexpress for the wallpapers?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2014
bigx: Try aliexpress for the wallpapers?
Never occurred to me, will look into it.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by tyconcepts(f): 10:32am On Aug 16, 2014
databoy247: Other updates:

I have been doing some small work on my office the past few days. A carpenter started working there yesterday (all these guys dey expensive oh kai), by tomorrow he will start building a visitors/ waiting chairs. I would have gone for something imported but i couldnt find the concept i had in my mind so i guess i just have to build it. And also i am looking for some kind of wall papers (i cant seem to find it around here).....The type that has brown bricks designs. I need it so badly!

They say packaging is everything. I might not have much to spend but the little i have, i will try to make the place look presentable. Even if Onyibo man enter inside, he go gladly give me the contract grin

Next week budget: Buying a generator. (pheeeeeew).

Biko, i need like 50k loan oh!!! Kind hearted Nigerians make una come to my aid. If you can donate it (or some of it) as a sign of encouragement, me i will appreciate it oh. But if you can lend it to me, i will re-pay you back (the whole office thing has drained me badly). I really need money now cos whether the devil (or my haters) likes it or not, the office must become fully operational next month!

Will update with photos soon. grin

"I was there"....That carpenter with him disappearing acts and expensive work, was there for almost 2hours and he was nowhere to be found, came back to say he went to collect "hammer".
Bros, the Lord is your strength, if Dangote tell you how e take start him first "office" you go know say your own na flex. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 11:04am On Aug 16, 2014
tyconcepts:

"I was there"....That carpenter with him disappearing acts and expensive work, was there for almost 2hours and he was nowhere to be found, came back to say he went to collect "hammer".
Bros, the Lord is your strength, if Dangote tell you how e take start him first "office" you go know say your own na flex. grin

madam, thanks joor. Do you know i went in search for other carpenters and discovered they were more expensive. No wonder they say, the devil you know is better than the angel you dont know. Am sticking with him to complete the job.

NEW UPDATES:
None for now, cos money don finish cry
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hi folks.....sorry for the absence. I have been busy (office things, plus some jobs i have been working on).

Anyway, i just got a new generator and i have been doing some test running with some of my small equipments. Earlier on i promised some photos, now i know i really dont have a good phone. new budget added to the list. angry

But below is what i could salvage out of my dead phone.

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by newacca: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
Keep the good work up. Fellow entrepreneurs are watching. Meanwhile, I have a tip that I got from ACCA below.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by etcme(m): 2:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Databoy247: Anyway, i just got a new generator and i have been doing some
test running with some of my small equipments.
Though your beginning may be small, your end shall be great. God is your strength
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 3:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
etcme:
Though your beginning may be small, your end shall be great. God is your strength

Amen and thanks.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by hunterden: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hi databoy247
What is the name of the CELTA teacher training center located in Canada am interested in applying.thanks
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 7:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
hunterden: Hi databoy247
What is the name of the CELTA teacher training center located in Canada am interested in applying.thanks

Send me an email, it's on my signature. I can give you more updates from there.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
hello folks.

This week has been tough for me. Alots of activities, issues, etc. But i put my hopes on God.

On Tuesday, i got to the office, put on the gen and after 10 minutes, everything connected to a socket started exploding.... angry They all got burnt. I was almost running mad. by the time i switched off it was already too late. My laptop charger was gone, printer adapter, copier adapter, even my light bulbs. I have been replacing them for the past two days now it's really biting my pockets off. So annoying. But thank God cos i will still move on.

The good news is that i have finally employed a full-time secretary and she will be resuming work on Monday. cool

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by eph12(m): 7:45pm On Aug 28, 2014
You doing great bro
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by kennyman20(m): 7:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
databoy247: hello folks.

This week has been tough for me. Alots of activities, issues, etc. But i put my hopes on God.

On Tuesday, i got to the office, put on the gen and after 10 minutes, everything connected to a socket started exploding.... angry They all got burnt. I was almost running mad. by the time i switched off it was already too late. My laptop charger was gone, printer adapter, copier adapter, even my light bulbs. I have been replacing them for the past two days now it's really biting my pockets off. So annoying. But thank God cos i will still move on.

The good news is that i have finally employed a full-time secretary and she will be resuming work on Monday. cool

sorry about that bro.. The lord is your strenght.. May the almighty lord visit u in a miraculous way that'll turn your story to glory real soon.. All the best bro..
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
kennyman20:
sorry about that bro.. The lord is your strenght.. May the almighty lord visit u in a miraculous way that'll turn your story to glory real soon.. All the best bro..

Thanks
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2014
happy weekend folks.

A friend of mine came to town (from London) and though we have been doing business online, he never knew i was a "serious business man".....lol
He came over to my office and we chatted over some cold bottles + peppersoup. It was fun sha.....at the end he said he wants to drop a good sum of money so i can do business with it and give him some kind of returns while he is in the UK. He wants some partnership.....hmm....

I want to import some android phones (well known and recognized) to push massively into the market and he is interested in partnering. Me i like it oh, but i need someone who is willing to work with me, not drop money and zap then leave the whole work for me. angry

Still thinking about it though...
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by 44chux(m): 10:35am On Sep 09, 2014
databoy247: happy weekend folks.

A friend of mine came to town (from London) and though we have been doing business online, he never knew i was a "serious business man".....lol
He came over to my office and we chatted over some cold bottles + peppersoup. It was fun sha.....at the end he said he wants to drop a good sum of money so i can do business with it and give him some kind of returns while he is in the UK. He wants some partnership.....hmm....

I want to import some android phones (well known and recognized) to push massively into the market and he is interested in partnering. Me i like it oh, but i need someone who is willing to work with me, not drop money and zap then leave the whole work for me. angry

Still thinking about it though...
Hope u went 4 d partnership. Most people having time and funds will either require u present matching funds before they partner or they go solo.
Leverage is everything. Its not easy to get any partner to take 100% financial risk of a venture in Nigeria given our unsecured business operating environment.

REMEMBER:
1. If d biz were secured, the banks would have approached u.
2. Leverage is y d rich get richer n d poor get poorer. This is y Igbos being very good at small businesses, never make it bigtyme: coz they dont like d idea of making money 4 someone else even wit mutual benefits

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 10:31am On Sep 12, 2014
44chux:
Hope u went 4 d partnership. Most people having time and funds will either require u present matching funds before they partner or they go solo.
Leverage is everything. Its not easy to get any partner to take 100% financial risk of a venture in Nigeria given our unsecured business operating environment.

REMEMBER:
1. If d biz were secured, the banks would have approached u.
2. Leverage is y d rich get richer n d poor get poorer. This is y Igbos being very good at small businesses, never make it bigtyme: coz they dont like d idea of making money 4 someone else even wit mutual benefits

Thanks for your advice but i didnt accept the partnership. My business is still young and i believe i need to find some footing before i start seeking investors. No matter how small, i believe i can make it grow and when that happens, better offers will come. I also received an invitation from a french mobile company that specialize in powerful android smartphones and they need outlets across the country to partner with for their mass roll out anytime soon. I have submitted my data and currently awaiting further communication. If my office becomes one of the major outlets for Delta State representing the company, investors will knock on my door. You know how it is with TECNO major outlets. And from what i have seen so far, this company is far better than TECNO. I still keep my fingers crossed sha.

The secretary i employed has been fired by me. angry She is inconsistent and not a serious fellow. I have employed another lad, so i hope he performs better.

Also i have not stopped spending money. undecided Banners, i just bought another printer (for digital passports), digital camera, digitalpersona fingerprint scanner, etc. Also working on becoming an accredited center (not yet directly, but under a major agent) for JAMB, WAEC and NECO registration.

My target?? N10,000 daily income when there are no contracts. grin

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2014
databoy247:

Thanks for your advice but i didnt accept the partnership. My business is still young and i believe i need to find some footing before i start seeking investors. No matter how small, i believe i can make it grow and when that happens, better offers will come. I also received an invitation from a french mobile company that specialize in powerful android smartphones and they need outlets across the country to partner with for their mass roll out anytime soon. I have submitted my data and currently awaiting further communication. If my office becomes one of the major outlets for Delta State representing the company, investors will knock on my door. You know how it is with TECNO major outlets. And from what i have seen so far, this company is far better than TECNO. I still keep my fingers crossed sha.

The secretary i employed has been fired by me. angry She is inconsistent and not a serious fellow. I have employed another lad, so i hope he performs better.

Also i have not stopped spending money. undecided Banners, i just bought another printer (for digital passports), digital camera, digitalpersona fingerprint scanner, etc. Also working on becoming an accredited center (not yet directly, but under a major agent) for JAMB, WAEC and NECO registration.

Sounds Familiar... And they are the type that scream "No jobs!!" the loudest

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 12, 2014
databoy247: hello folks.

Go and get a surge protector, make sure you buy the best you can get because your generator is going to repeat the madness again. I lost chargers like that twice.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 12, 2014
databoy247:

where are you in delta state, will love to pay a visit sometime.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by etcme(m): 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Boss databoy247..... How is biz. Hope you havnt abandoned this thread. I see you are reconstructing your site.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 8:10am On Sep 21, 2014
etcme: Boss databoy247..... How is biz. Hope you havnt abandoned this thread. I see you are reconstructing your site.

Hi, i have not abandoned the thread. You know how it is with start-ups, it's never easy but we are pushing on. And yes i am reconstructing my website....wanna add some features and work on the layout again.

Fellow NLers please am in need of a soft loan. I need it for business. I dont want to approach microfinance banks (yet) cos i will be required to run savings for some number of months and i really dont have the time. Anyway, like i said, i really need a soft loan. If you can help or know anyone who can help please call/text me on 08064062045 or you can come to my office lets talk. Suite 7, Peter & Sons Plaza by Police Post, DSC, Orhuwhorun, Delta State. Re-payment duration is 6 months with interests. I dont have a collateral but i can provide credible guarantors.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by alakara(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2014
databoy247:

pls can u snd me d cost implication of all d epuipments dt can b used in reg of all dis exam
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 4:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
alakara: pls can u snd me d cost implication of all d epuipments dt can b used in reg of all dis exam

You need the following;
1. computer (from N50,000)
2. printer (from N14,000)
3. scanner (N8,000)
4. digital camera (from N15,000)
5. digital photo printer (N26,000)
6. digitalpersona (fingerprint scanner) - N15,000)
7. I think you pay some fee for JAMB registration (not confirmed yet but i think its about N10,000)
8. Generator
9. Banners

That should be all, i think. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Generator Installed At Eke-Awka Market Anambra State / How Bankers Defrauded Wema Bank, CBN – Witness / 12 Ways To Get Funding For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.