Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary (16558 Views)

I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements / Plastic Manufacturing And Paint Company Start Up / Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by kentochi(m): 6:48pm On Sep 21, 2014
databoy247:

You need the following;
1. computer (from N50,000)
2. printer (from N14,000)
3. scanner (N8,000)
4. digital camera (from N15,000)
5. digital photo printer (N26,000)
6. digitalpersona (fingerprint scanner) - N15,000)
7. I think you pay some fee for JAMB registration (not confirmed yet but i think its about N10,000)
8. Generator
9. Banners

That should be all, i think. grin
hi
big Bro
thanks for the good work you are doing
may God continue to make way for you.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 11:25am On Sep 22, 2014
kentochi:
hi
big Bro
thanks for the good work you are doing
may God continue to make way for you.

Amen
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by alakara(m): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
databoy247:

You need the following;
1. computer (from N50,000)
2. printer (from N14,000)
3. scanner (N8,000)
4. digital camera (from N15,000)
5. digital photo printer (N26,000)
6. digitalpersona (fingerprint scanner) - N15,000)
7. I think you pay some fee for JAMB registration (not confirmed yet but i think its about N10,000)
8. Generator
9. Banners

That should be all, i think. grin
Thanks vry much.
But that jamb code can be shared by 2 or more people.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 3:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
alakara:
Thanks vry much.
But that jamb code can be shared by 2 or more people.

Maybe, cos i really dont know much about it.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 6:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
UPDATES

By the Grace of God, the company is growing and moving on. Despite the numerous challenges frequently encountered by start-ups. We are still searching for our first major indigenous contract though it's not been easy. We are also currently engaged in some side-kicks and i just hope we dont get distracted, cos these side-kicks can swallow up your time and before you know it, you will stop putting efforts in your initial purpose. As for me, am trying to balance my time and schedule, trying as much as possible to create time for my contract pursuits and at least making a major move once or twice weekly.

Lessons;
In a start-up, its very easy for you to get carried away with so many things and at the end you may lose focus. And when you lose focus, it all starts crumbling. My self inflicted rules of engagement are;

1. I have pegged once a month for a major event. It means every month i must do something major. It's going to keep me busy and i will have something to look forward to every month. This month was so jam-packed that i couldn't fix any event coupled with the fact that i was still "setting up shop". Next month am organizing a computer training (engineering) program which will last for one week with a target of 50 participants. I am already working towards it.

2. Am learning how to save. It means that i record every transaction and whatever i earn during working hours, i NEVER take home. I dont buy anything, and i dont spend from it. On Friday morning i will ask my assistant to gather all that have been earned over the week and pay in the bank. That way, at the end of the month i should be able to say i have earn this amount and no matter how small, it will serve as an encouragement. By God's Grace, after 3 months or thereabout i should be able to at the beginning of the month withdraw a certain amount for imprest (office logistics) from earnings of the previous month.

3. In the office, working hours are working hours. I always tell my assistant, "If there is no job to do, then practice your CorelDraw". You must be busy except break time. From my experience, principles like this always makes an organization wax stronger.

Back to current engagements;
Junior WAEC result is out. And i was contracted by one of these government secondary school principals to come over and help the school check results for all the students (more than a hundred of them), i started today and will be through by Friday by God's grace. It was really stressful moving my equipments down there (computer, printer, generator, etc). Next month i was also asked to return and handle the passport photographs of all the students that will be enrolling for WAEC.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by kentochi(m): 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
your hand work must be rewarded.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Ewenla202: 6:59am On Sep 24, 2014
I give kudos to the OP. We are in the same boat may God crown our efforts with success. Thank you sharing your story, one hope it will serve as a spring board of inspirations to other start-ups out there that they are not alone on this wonderful journey.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2014
Ewenla202: I give kudos to the OP. We are in the same boat may God crown our efforts with success. Thank you sharing your story, one hope it will serve as a spring board of inspirations to other start-ups out there that they are not alone on this wonderful journey.
cool
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Sunglow: 1:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
Interesting thread and Encouraging too.The Lord is your strength!
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by etcme(m): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2014
You keep inspiring me with your start-up diary. Keep up the good work, you don't know how many hopes you have revived through this medium.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
I will keep doing my best......watch out for some pics tomorrow cheesy
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Houstency(m): 12:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Tectono: 1:47am On Sep 25, 2014
OP, I must commend your business acumen. To know more about business and finance, check out this link: http://tectono..com/
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 7:50am On Sep 27, 2014
Houstency: I lyk ur determination n resolve to make it big.. May d good lord bless u beyond ur imagination.. Amen. . Hw much wud it cost me, if u were to build an ecommerce site for me??

If you need something with a very good standard, it will cost you from N150,000.

If you need something local but still nice with a low budget, then N50,000 would do it.

Questions:
What products do you want to showcase?
Are they your products or you are selling for others?
Do you have a physical shop and just wish to enlist all your shop products online?
Do you want an online payment process?
How many products do you have to showcase?
Do you have products graphics or do i design them?
Do i handle the social media integration?

The answer to these questions will help me streamline how the project will go and peg a direct price to it. If you are around Delta State, you can come over so we work on it. But if you are far across, we can still work together via emails and skype.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 7:58am On Sep 27, 2014
Okay, am developing interests in packaging a project proposal for one of the Govt Ministries in Delta State. Online branding including website development and social media. I am going to put in my all in all in developing the proposal. As for submission, i have some access to the Director & Commissioner. God help me.

Also, i promised some pics. They are not much but you can view them below. The first is a pic i took in the government secondary school where i was check the result of all the JSS 3 students, while the second is me in the office during a meeting on Skype with a client in the States.

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Olaide1295: 9:11am On Sep 27, 2014
databoy247: Okay, am developing interests in packaging a project proposal for one of the Govt Ministries in Delta State. Online branding including website development and social media. I am going to put in my all in all in developing the proposal. As for submission, i have some access to the Director & Commissioner. God help me.

Also, i promised some pics. They are not much but you can view them below. The first is a pic i took in the government secondary school where i was check the result of all the JSS 3 students, while the second is me in the office during a meeting on Skype with a client in the States.

hi sir,i will like to know,do u jst send emails as proposal for web development or u send letters(physical means).thanks
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Olaide1295:
hi sir,i will like to know,do u jst send emails as proposal for web development or u send letters(physical means).thanks

Emails, phone calls, text messages, hard copies, man-know-man, and then LOTS of follow-ups.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
bigx:

Sounds Familiar... And they are the type that scream "No jobs!!" the loudest
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 28, 2014
Nice one bro,who is your internet service provider? And how much do you spend on subscriptions monthly...PM me there is this book you should read..#worksmart-nothard
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 8:07am On Sep 28, 2014
tooltip: Nice one bro,who is your internet service provider? And how much do you spend on subscriptions monthly...PM me there is this book you should read..#worksmart-nothard

You can share the book here smiley
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 28, 2014
bigx:

You can share the book here smiley
I remember a certain bigx from the auto section,specifically from the league of lions,howz your 307?*winks*....I read a book that radically changed my mindset about hustling....lol, its called "the millionaire fastlane by mj demarco", you can google it and find a copy on 4shared though....you could visit the forum with immense resources too at fastlaneforum.com....... I like the OP's determination,but he is on the slowlane, he needs to use his web dev skills to build a sustainable web-based business, people with non-technical skills are not left out too as you can outsource your tech work or get a co-founder....I look forward to hearing your success stories
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 8:54am On Sep 28, 2014
tooltip: I remember a certain bigx from the auto section,specifically from the league of lions,howz your 307?*winks*....I read a book that radically changed my mindset about hustling....lol, its called "the millionaire fastlane by mj demarco", you can google it and find a copy on 4shared though....you could visit the forum with immense resources too at fastlaneforum.com....... I like the OP's determination,but he is on the slowlane, he needs to use his web dev skills to build a sustainable web-based business, people with non-technical skills are not left out too as you can outsource your tech work or get a co-founder....I look forward to hearing your success stories

Lol, I've semi-dumped the 307 o, I left it and travelled out and someone bashed it and did one kind shoddy cover-up panelbeating. I use it just once a while now.
I've the Millionaire Fastlane, really insightful book. Another that would help is the E-myth by michael gerber and Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson. Those really where motivating when I first started business.

I'm sort of a bookworm, lol. I've a huge bookshelf where a tv should be in my bedroom

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:33am On Sep 28, 2014
tooltip: I remember a certain bigx from the auto section,specifically from the league of lions,howz your 307?*winks*....I read a book that radically changed my mindset about hustling....lol, its called "the millionaire fastlane by mj demarco", you can google it and find a copy on 4shared though....you could visit the forum with immense resources too at fastlaneforum.com....... I like the OP's determination,but he is on the slowlane, he needs to use his web dev skills to build a sustainable web-based business, people with non-technical skills are not left out too as you can outsource your tech work or get a co-founder....I look forward to hearing your success stories

Thanks bro, trust me i am currently working on a web-based solution which will hit the market soon. When it's launched, na express lane i go see myself nor be fast lane grin As for the book you talked about, Google here i come.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 28, 2014
bigx:

Lol, I've semi-dumped the 307 o, I left it and travelled out and someone bashed it and did one kind shoddy cover-up panelbeating. I use it just once a while now.
I've the Millionaire Fastlane, really insightful book. Another that would help is the E-myth by michael gerber and Ready, Fire, Aim by Michael Masterson. Those really where motivating when I first started business.

I'm sort of a bookworm, lol. I've a huge bookshelf where a tv should be in my bedroom

ahah! I finally found one of my kind...... grin....read the book in 2012,but my lazy ass wasn't as courageous as it is right now, somehow I find working remotely,an exhilarating experience, someday very soon I'll pack my bags(maybe just a MacBook and few clothes) and globe-trot, you know,like being in mexico for a month before heading off to Thailand and then Maldives and the Caribbean and back to naija,whilst I earn passively cheesy cheesy......have you read the four hour work week by tim ferris?, I read a lot too, lets share book titles that have added immense value to our financial freedom walk

PS:what do you do?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
tooltip:

ahah! I finally found one of my kind...... grin....read the book in 2012,but my lazy ass wasn't as courageous as it is right now, somehow I find working remotely,an exhilarating experience, someday very soon I'll pack my bags(maybe just a MacBook and few clothes) and globe-trot, you know,like being in mexico for a month before heading off to Thailand and then Maldives and the Caribbean and back to naija, whilst I earn passively cheesy cheesy......have you read the four hour work week by tim ferris?, I read a lot too, lets share book titles that have added immense value to our financial freedom walk

PS:what do you do?

Lol I tried bolded last year, had to cut my trip the system I put up wasn't perfect. I've read the Tim Ferris Book. I doubt he works 4 hours, lol. I can't get my mind of work even on vacation. It's an addiction.
This month, I've read the Star Principle (highly recommended) and 80/20 principle by Richard Koch, Currently reading Built to Last by Jim Collins.

I'm a Business person, right from Uni, what about you?

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 5:44am On Sep 30, 2014
Starting October 20th......

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by eninaija(f): 8:55am On Sep 30, 2014
databoy247: Starting October 20th......

Nice one! Wishing you d best...
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by NaLaugh: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2014

Do the integrity of your training program a favor, and change its highly bogus title.

The title "Computer Engineer" makes a joke of it. ..AND in a week?

Offer a realistic certification title.

Keep up the good work.

p.s - software is singular/plural.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by adaemeka245(f): 8:09pm On Sep 30, 2014

pls Hw did u design this banner, I want to design a similar flier, wil appreciate it if u can tel me how to go about it, thanks
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
adaemeka245:

pls Hw did u design this banner, I want to design a similar flier, wil appreciate it if u can tel me how to go about it, thanks

corel draw
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
Nice thread. I had The Millionaire Fast lane eBook from maybe last year, but getting round to reading it is tough. I don't like when books promise a lot and the first 3 chapters is just anecdotes and personal stories...
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by bigx(m): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2014
BoboYekini: Nice thread. I had The Millionaire Fast lane eBook from maybe last year, but getting round to reading it is tough. I don't like when books promise a lot and the first 3 chapters is just anecdotes and personal stories...

I doubt anyone would tell you do this, this and this.

Personal stories let you draw from experiences of who've been there, done that. I personally love biographies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ganduje, Others Reconcile Dangote, BUA Over Sugar Plant / AMAZON 30% TAX: How to Fill Your KDP, Merch, Etc. Tax Form as a Nigerian / Fire Razes Wood Market 'Katako' In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.