Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary (16561 Views)

I Need Ideas On Printing Press/company Start-up And Requirements / Plastic Manufacturing And Paint Company Start Up / Shop In Front Of A 5-Star Hotel: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 8:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
dannywest:

Congrats Bro

Bro I remember you talking about DPR registration a while back, I'm in the process of doing mine now, I'm looking through the guidelines they produced, if I want to register maybe 3 services under major category do I have to pay the 25k thrice? How long does it take for an approval for a new license? If I've applied for a permit before and need to add more does it make the process faster? Thanks.

Oga, i really dont know much about DPR. All i know is that this is 9ja, tell them what you need, drop some "motivation" and come back in one week. grin

madridfc:
BOSS! Congrats ooo
Thanks man

prettyboi1989:
Databoy247 bro make sure u market dat wiko product well so u can get large turn out of customers. U can also do tv advert for the phone, people will rush it. More grease to ur elbows.
Thanks but my job is branding and outlets supervision. Marketing will be done by the company itself, they are rich enough to do adverts on CNN grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Ewenla202: 12:03am On Oct 17, 2014
@OP I must a big kudos to you for this 'Wiko Project'. Please don't forget my question- NECO&WAEC stuff- as soon as you can address it . And let me add that ,whenever Wiko wishes to expand their services to North , especially, Kebbi ,Zamfara& Sokoto states,kindly recommend us sir.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by gboyetade: 2:58am On Oct 17, 2014
Nice job
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by debbydee(f): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Nice one. I like your entrepreneurial spirit. You have just reawaken my spirit. May God bless you and your hustle.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by 100Cents: 5:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
I love this guy.

I had this spirit in 2011 and it paid off.

Building up again..

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
100Cents:
I love this guy.

I had this spirit in 2011 and it paid off.

Building up again..

Lol
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by 100Cents: 9:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
databoy247:

Lol

When you pursue success this way.

There is no way success will not bow to you.

Success is a shy beautiful woman..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by sherrif222: 11:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
Bro i am so impressed with your thread, you are really doing a great job here, i was surfing the web about this nipex thing and i ran into your thread and it took me to so many topics. i run an I.T firm and basically am into web design and v-sat installation , computer supplies..... i will like to know if it is possible for me to register as a contractor for supplies with nipex.. and what are the criteria...thanx alot
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2014
sherrif222:
Bro i am so impressed with your thread, you are really doing a great job here, i was surfing the web about this nipex thing and i ran into your thread and it took me to so many topics. i run an I.T firm and basically am into web design and v-sat installation , computer supplies..... i will like to know if it is possible for me to register as a contractor for supplies with nipex.. and what are the criteria...thanx alot

You dont register as a contractor with nipex, your registration with them means obtaining a permit to do business with oil companies. It's one of federal government's criteria to obtain contracts with oil companies. Nipex has a database where these companies put their available contracts for you to bid and apply for.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2014
***updates***

It's been a tough period for me, alot of movements and activities. Sometimes it's really difficult to carve out some time for myself, for those of you am disappointing and not having time for, am sorry but you will understand soon. But i still thank God for all he has done. The Wiko job is moving forward and i really cant wait to begin the major operations. We were told what we are currently doing is kinda like a preamble of the major job. That's that.

We have also been working HARD on our new product; "Office Manager". And by the Grace of God, the product will be converted to a desktop software soonest which will be available in DVD packs and officially launched. The software will have some nice features including;

1. Containing over 200 office/business documents and templates which can be opened and the contents can be copied or printed.

2. Have a menu for unlimited file conversion (from word to pdf, from pdf to jpeg, etc).

3. It will also contain an automated scheduler. Like a simple calender, you input your schedules and when it
is time, you will get a notification on your computer.....when people sit on their laptops, they tend to forget the next scheduled event or program.

etc....

We have gotten a new hand in the office, a graduate working for us grin. Special thanks to one of our corporate clients, recruiting a graduate wouldn't have been possible without having a retainer contract with the client. If he is seeing this; thumbs up to you and i hope we are delivering wink

If the progress continues at this rate, i think we will mover to a bigger office next year (God help us). My next point of call, is to hit corporate organizations HARD seeking contracts. If you are running a start-up, three things will make you get established;

1. Hustle contracts and jobs.

2. Have your own product(s) that you will flood into the market.

3. Render minor day to day services.

Reasons:
If the contracts you are hustling isn't coming you will still be busy pushing your products into the market, and you need income from rendering day to day services to keep you afloat and take care of overhead. Plus you also need the cash to aid your search for major contracts otherwise you will close shop.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Ewenla202: 7:17am On Oct 24, 2014
@OP you are on point; I am at the moment doing 1 and 3. By God's grace , we begin trekking on 2 path. You have not answered my business enquiries .
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Abiagirl777(f): 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
Constanz11:
@databoy247| you said u learnt web designing.
1. how long dd it take you to do this?
2. dd u teach urself or attended a training class?
Thanks.

You sent me a pm.pls what for?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by jmoore(m): 7:28am On Oct 25, 2014
databoy247:
Barely 3 hours of releasing the Office Manager, i just got about 4 orders. Signs of a good project.

***rain just dey fall anyhow, whether the devil like it or not, me i must go work oh....Better to be in the office and make some quick bucks than sit at home and stare at the ceiling. The advantages of being in the office are much...

- someone might walk in urgently wanting to print something from his email
- school children might come in wanting to check and print their results
- someone might walk in wanting an urgent passport.

Before you know it, you don get 1 or 2k for pocket.....all this one na if you nor get project for hand oh. So off i go... grin

Please, how much do you charge those that want to check and print their results?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:25am On Oct 25, 2014
jmoore:

Please, how much do you charge those that want to check and print their results?

Scratch card, checking and printing - N700 per person.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by jmoore(m): 10:35am On Oct 25, 2014
databoy247:

Scratch card, checking and printing - N700 per person.
Let's say the person bought his or her own scratch card somewhere else, how much do you charge for just checking and printing?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 6:10am On Oct 29, 2014
Hi sire; can I learn website development from you?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
Raymondenyi:
Hi sire; can I learn website development from you?

Yes you can, if you are based in Delta State you can come over to the office. if you are not, then we can schedule an online session.

@All, sorry for the lack of updates, i have been very very busy. Always alot of things to be done daily, sometimes when i get to the office i hardly leave until evening and when i do have the time to move, i try to cover alot of grounds. And by the time i get back, i will be very tired.

Will drop an update soon.....alot has happened, so stay tuned!! grin
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
databoy247:

Yes you can, if you are based in Delta State you can come over to the office. if you are not, then we can schedule an online session.

@All, sorry for the lack of updates, i have been very very busy. Always alot of things to be done daily, sometimes when i get to the office i hardly leave until evening and when i do have the time to move, i try to cover alot of grounds. And by the time i get back, i will be very tired.

Will drop an update soon.....alot has happened, so stay tuned!! grin
. I do not stay in waffi; I'm PH based
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 7:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Raymondenyi:
. I do not stay in waffi; I'm PH based

Whats your email address?
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 31, 2014
databoy247:

Whats your email address?
rayzmail47@gmail.com , data it, expecting it from you...
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2014
Raymondenyi:
rayzmail47@gmail.com , data it, expecting it from you...
I have sent you an email.
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Kennyfancy(m): 11:17am On Oct 31, 2014
Thanks sir, i stay in warri bt skul in asaba, pls where is ur office in warri
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
databoy247:

I have sent you an email.
haven't gotten any mail sire
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kennyfancy:
Thanks sir, i stay in warri bt skul in asaba, pls where is ur office in warri

Suite 7, Peter and sons plaza, by police post, Orhuwhorun. Send me a text on 08064062045
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 1:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
Having some issues with one of my neighbors in the plaza where my office is located. The grudge is that he has been registering candidates for JAMB for a long time, but then i came along and am packing up all the candidates...."he is hijacking my customers" - is what he told the landlord. I dont know why he is scared of competition. My office is the busiest in the plaza (as confirmed by the landlord) and now i am a big threat to him. What on earth do i do? I really dont want to have issues with anyone around me. But on the other hand, this is money making and i have to make money. undecided
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by etcme(m): 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
databoy247:
Having some issues with one of my neighbors in the plaza where my office is located. The grudge is that he has been registering candidates for JAMB for a long time, but then i came along and am packing up all the candidates...."he is hijacking my customers" - is what he told the landlord. I dont know why he is scared of competition. My office is the busiest in the plaza (as confirmed by the landlord) and now i am a big threat to him. What on earth do i do? I really dont want to have issues with anyone around me. But on the other hand, this is money making and i have to make money. undecided

One of the challenges of Entreprenuership is Competition espcially when the two parties involved are located close to each other. To this I will say dont raise your voice rather improve your argument. Your argument here is your marketing strategy. When you give distraction attention, it will direct you to its side.
God bless our efforts!

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
databoy247:

This is a sign that u are making it, u'll av no issue wif d landlord even if d guy reports to the landlord 10 times a day. Hez blaming u for his failures, wat kind of man is dat? Dats a failure talking, its best u don't listen to him neither should u exchange words with him. Do ur bizness n if d guy's envy swallows him up he'll be forced to move out of the place.

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by Kennyfancy(m): 11:56am On Nov 06, 2014
databoy247:

Suite 7, Peter and sons plaza, by police post, Orhuwhorun. Send me a text on 08064062045
thanks sir, i will gt back to u
Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
Today was a busy day in the office;

1 Like

Re: 5 Star Global - My Company Start-up Diary by databoy247(m): 6:45am On Nov 15, 2014
**Updates**

I havent updated this thread in a while, because i am very busy. Been working on some website projects, Wiko Mobile job, and others. If you want to become a distributor for the Wiko Mobile phones, please let me know. There is some good profits to be made if you are a distributor. And with me you dont need to start with millions as a distributor, with less than N100,000 you can order your first stock and start selling to make money. I will give you company pricing and retail pricing. You can check the company website to learn more about the company products and also view them on jumia.

=======================================================================================================
We are planning to launch a logistics services and a lot of preparation is being made to have a flawless take off. I really dont know much about it but i have done some good research and survey, and i think we are set. In my region, there are no courier services, you would have to journey into the other end of town to submit your parcel for delivery and so we thought; why not give people the service in this region? And save them the stress of moving to town before they drop their parcel for delivery. They will now happily avoid traffic, arrive at their place of work early, etc. Our logistics services is planned to start delivery to almost all parts of Nigeria. When we are fully setup, i will let you guys know.

========================================================================================================
You guys probably know by now that e-commerce is the in-thing in Nigeria. I personally know people who are making money with shopping websites and maybe you have been interested in having an e-commerce website of your own. The truth is, it costs alot of money! After you have spent some money setting up the website, you will still spend ALOT of money buying products to showcase on the site, sell and get some profit.

BUT

I just concluded an e-commerce website for someone and all he spend money on was for the website, yet the site has ALOT of products to sell. How? The answer is affiliate network! The website lists products from his affiliate networks (jumia, konga, dealdey, etc), all he has to do is promote the website using social media and people see products they like, place order and after buying he gets a fat commission from these online retailers. So he makes thousands weekly selling other people's products (Lol). Simple and effective e-commerce idea. A pic is attached below, and if you want something like this, send me a mail or give me a call. I can set it up for you....its not expensive. It's high time you have something online that gives you regular income.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ganduje, Others Reconcile Dangote, BUA Over Sugar Plant / Fire Razes Wood Market 'Katako' In Jos / Midnight Fire Razes Seven Shops In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.