Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,206 members, 7,807,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency (4106 Views)

I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili / PDP Meeting Was Futile - Anti-Jonathan Camp / Odili: How Jonathan Displaced Me As Yar’adua’s Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by buluti(m): 10:13pm On Dec 06, 2006
I really find it hard to understand, a governor constructs one road here and rehabilitates another there, very minute contributions, indeed very minute and we say they are trying.

My question to us all what are they supposed to do in the first place? , let the serious minded candidate come out and say if in 2 , ok 3 years, all Federal roads are not tarred he would resign, or give in details what he will achieve, measurable not just wild talk

At the rate we are going we will still be underdeveloped in 2050, Geeez,

Clearly the current scenerio aint working we know that, we need to try a different approach, when you design projects the way roads are currently being built it would fail, the Joint Venture arrangement btw the govt and the oil companies why is it working, becos everyone takes ownership, cant we extend such ideas to infrastructure,

E.g on road construction maybe Build, Own, Maintain and Transfer ,whereby projects are allocated (roads, hospitals etc) . They are built but the construction company takes ownership over 20 yrs, if he uses fake materials thats his problem he wld replace it, payments spread over a 20 years span, the govt inturn would guarantee credit (loans) for the construction company, that way the construction company or whoever handles the project shares in ownership amd must make it work, but no , all we hear is i wld build roads, build hospitals, HOW, no ideas ofcos people need their 25% cut Infrastructural development and maintanance is the easiest thin for any serious govt, we are just not serious, and people are here advocating for Odili who cant effectively manage one state, what ideas does he have,

Abeg second base jare,
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by buluti(m): 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2006
@ kacey5 , i dont know of you but for me, i expect much more the world is moving so quick, we are playing

@ otokx, just the same way you guys said Ibori was God sent, pls look at the figures, i wont go in details on Odili its pointless,
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 06, 2006
@buluti

if u really check am not arguing that he is efficiently managing the state

but in comparison with other governors he has performed better

and since PDP has zoned presidential candidacy to governors then he is highly preferred
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by zexyworm: 6:25am On Dec 07, 2006
Odili, Attah, Banangida, Atiku have been disqualified folks.

This is according to Mallam Nasir El-Rufai press conference in Washington DC, expressing FGN's latest position (Read Duke thread for details).

Bye bye corrupt villains.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 07, 2006
@zexyworm

we know ur not even qualified to vote

it is quite a pity well and since u claim it was announced in Washington why cant it be announced here

too bad for u , i know how much duke has paid u so don't tempt me to say it out in public
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2006
most likely most of us have also forgotten odili's input in areas of sports

apart from the abuja stadium which other stadia in nigeria can boost of an artificial tuff, and standard running tracks?

take a trip to uniport let them tell u the standard of the school sport facilities it could be compared to olympic standard well u might say federal govt spent most of the funds yeah ur correct odili added to it

in all states that nuga have been conducted we can boastfully say that when it took place in port harcourt odili feed the athlete to the last man for the days on running with quality food ask anyone involved they would confirm that

the list is endless , does calabar have a stadium? i doubt tongue
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by otokx(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2006
i hear EFCC is now investigating some people in Port Harcourt; lets see what they will come out with.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Crownvilla(m): 8:12am On Dec 15, 2006
Hi peeps, looks like we are still saddled with Odili according to this report culled frm the Guardian:

PDP clears 20 presidential aspirants

Makarfi withdraws from race

Dispute over Williams, Obanikoro in Lagos
From John-Abba Ogbodo, Abuja
THE ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday succumbed to pressure from its presidential aspirants clearing 20 of the 27 who appeared for the screening exercise conducted by the panel headed by Gen. Orho Obada (rtd).

The development came as one of the aspirants cleared by the committee, Kaduna State, Ahmed Makarfi, wrote to President Olusegun Obasanjo withdrawing from the race.

A statement issued by the national publicity secretary of the party, John Odey, said that 20 aspirants had been cleared to fight for the PDP ticket at the national convention, which comes up tomorrow.

He gave the names of the aspirants cleared as governors Abdullahi Adamu (Nasarawa), Obong Victor Attah (Akwa Ibom), Dr. Sam Egwu (Ebonyi State), Achike Udenwa (Imo), Donald Duke (Cross River), Peter Odili (Rivers), Adamu Muazu (Bauchi), Ahmed Makarfi (Kaduna), Umaru Yar'Adua (Katsina), Prof. Jerry Gana, Brig.-Gen. Mohammed Marwa, Gen. Aliyu Gusau and Vice Admiral Mike Akhigbe.

Others are Mrs. Sara Jibril, Chief Rochas Okorocha, Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe, Chief Ralph Uwechue, Col. Andrews Sawa, Maj.-Gen. Mamman Kontagora and Albert Horsfall.

The aspirants whose names did not appear include Governor Saminu Turaki (Jigawa) and Chimaroke Nnamani (Enugu). Others are Godson Nnaka, Princess Elizabeth Ogbon-Day, Dennis Eheduru, Zeb Abule, Hajia Hadiza Ibrahim, Mary Olutimeyin and Mary Onueka.

The Guardian, however, learnt that the decision to allow as many as 20 aspirants go for the convention was the outcome of the meeting which President Olusegun Obasanjo and other leaders of the party held on Wednesday night at the Presidential Villa. The national chairman of the party, Senator Ahmadu Ali, immediately after receiving the report from the screening panel, went to the President in the Villa.

It was also learnt that some of the aspirants, after hearing that only six of them made the priority list, got in touch with the President and some top members of the party and pointed out the implication of having a large number of the aspirants disqualified. Consequently, most of those who complained reminded the party leaders of the inroad being made by the opposition especially the alliance between the Action Congress (AC) and the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).

At the meeting with the president, the issue was tabled and the fear expressed was that already some of the top members of the PDP, especially some of the governors, had been alleged to be surreptitiously hobnobbing with the opposition particularly the AC which Vice President Atiku Abubakar is likely to use. They warned that any mistake at this level could be disastrous because it might swell the ranks of the opposition.

This thinking apparently was thoroughly discussed and it was resolved that since the screening committee had said that it was the party's discretion to either abide by the recommendation that six aspirants should go for the primary or allow the other aspirants to also participate, the leadership of the party could still tinker with the report.

The other issue raised was that of gender representation. The meeting felt that it would not augur well for the party if no female was allowed to contest the primary and it was agreed that the most politically experienced among the female aspirants should be included in the list hence they settled for Sara Jibril.

The early hours of yesterday were characterized by dampened spirit in many of the campaign offices of the aspirants until the news filtered in that the party had soft-pedalled on the decision of many of them. Thereafter, they rushed to pick the clearance certificate from the national secretariat of the party.

Immediately after picking up the clearance certificates, most of the aspirants went into series of meetings with a view to exploring chances of alliance.

The Guardian learnt that Governor Adamu and some governors and other aspirants met in an undisclosed venue in Abuja last night to see how they could come up with a consensus candidate. The meeting was attended by one retired army general from the north who appealed to them to build a consensus and make the exercise a mere coronation.

According to sources, the other governors who attended the meeting were Attah, Odili, Udenwa and Makarfi, Gana. As at press time, the meeting was still in progress.

Meanwhile, Makarfi wrote to President Obasanjo yesterday that he had withdrawn from the race to go to the Senate. In the letter dated December 14 and titled: "My candidature in 2006 Presidential Primaries," the governor wrote; "Mr. President may recall his words to the PDP governors in respect of 2007 elections at several fora, starting with that which occurred soon after the termination of the constitutional amendment debates at the National Assembly. We were asked by you, sir, to talk to each other with the hope that one of us could emerge to be our great party's flagbearer for the 2007 presidential election. It was because of that marching order and also prompting by my colleagues that I set out doing moderate politicking.

"Mr. President may also recall that when the governors voted among themselves, I got overwhelming support. I feel fulfilled that I command such followership and respect from my colleagues. Sir, even though I am qualified and unencumbered to seek for my party's nomination, but having reviewed all issues and consulted, I have come to the conclusion that I need to make a sacrifice in the interest of my party and nation. Accordingly sir, I hereby withdraw my candidature effective today, Thursday, 14th December, 2006. I shall go to the Senate representing my senatorial zone. After formation of a new government, I will be willing to serve in any other capacity the new president may wish to offer me."

In a related development, one of the presidential aspirants, Ukiwe, yesterday made his official declaration stating that he had no other agenda but Nigeria.

The former Chief of General Staff under Gen. Ibrahim Babangida, who made the declaration in Abuja, said the first area of priority would be to entrench integrity as the hallmark of governance so that the country would no longer slide into the days of locust after Obasanjo's exit.

Describing the Niger Delta issues as an ulcer in the conscience of Nigeria, the presidential aspirant promised to make the citizens of the area proud, stressing that the area would constitute a special challenge.

"The Niger Delta has been an ulcer on the conscience of the nation. Today, it remains a bleeding wound. Under my leadership, we shall make every citizen of the Niger Delta proud. Solving the Niger Delta problem would be a special challenge," he declared.

Ukiwe also promised a revolution in the transport sector particularly the railway while the war on corruption would be won. Internal security, he said, would be accorded priority while education and energy sectors would be re-engineered.

A mild drama took place yesterday at the PDP secretariat over the party's gubernatorial primary in Lagos State as two different results came up. The national publicity secretary of the party, in a statement, said Senator Musiliu Obanikoro won the election. Odey also announced that Jonah Jang won the gubernatorial primary in Plateau State, Segun Oni in Ekiti, Arc. Namadi Sambo in Kaduna and Jibril Bala Alhassan in Niger.

A few hours after the chairman of the electoral panel that conducted the election in Lagos, Babatunde Ogundele brought another result, which confirmed the wife of the late Funso-Williams, Hilda, as the winner of the election. Odey said the party stood by the statement issued earlier.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by kel4soft: 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2014
Otokx see you defending Odili with impunity.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by poiZon: 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
otokx: where is the proof? both the EFCC and the state house of assembly have not said anything so what is all the hulaboo?

HW long hv u been in UNIPOT?

1 Like

Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by poiZon: 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
otokx: whey them? eh? are you sure warri is better than PH ono? haba!! na wa o. I live at the university of port harcourt and we have light 22 out of 24 hours everyday and am talking of the one from PHCN. Dr. Odili has giving the university a facelift even though it is a federal institution. Indeed he donated a hostel block for the medical students, amongst other things. He might not be the best but he is definitely not the worse.

BROS HWFAR?
THis ur schooling na punishment abi u dey go school for ur community?
haba since 2006 till now u still dey uNIPORT......
can dis be curse?

1 Like

Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by Abagworo(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
mekusoil:

As an indigene of Rivers State, I have watched with utter frustration the challenges faced by the State in the past seven years, and the utter waste of public funds by an administration which held out a lot of promise at inception, and which has enjoyed unprecedented goodwill from the peace loving people of the State. It however appears that the quiet and civilised disposition of the citizens of the State has clearly been taken advantage of all this while. To start with, Odili has no reason to fail as Governor of Rivers State, because his emergence as Governor is one of the Seven Wonders of the World, so to speak. Coming from Ndoni, probably the smallest ethnic grouping in the State, who are originally of Ibo extraction, it was clearly a miracle for Odili to have emerged as Governor of a State which has large and proud ethnic groups like the Kalabaris, the Ikwerres, the Ogonis and Andonis, the Ibani people, the Ijaws, to mention but a few.

Igbos have failed to learn from history and keep falling victim of their own miscalculations.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by atlwireles: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
what value is this thread today? Or the impostors are seeking another field day to spew their normal bullsh1t.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by kel4soft: 11:00pm On Aug 17, 2014
atlwireles: what value is this thread today? Or the impostors are seeking another field day to spew their normal bullsh1t.

Just know there is life after GEJ.

Sylvia and Tony Okio are impostors. Anyone from South-South that does not support GEJ re-election is an impostor.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by atlwireles: 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
kel4soft:

Sylvia and Tony Okio are impostors. Anyone from South-South that does not support GEJ re-election is an impostor.

Don't be a dumbass, what is an Odilli thread from 2006 doing here? Are you so fuucck up. Is Odilli running for office.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by poiZon: 11:15pm On Aug 17, 2014
kel4soft:

*Abeg expantiate
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by kel4soft: 11:26pm On Aug 17, 2014
atlwireles:

Don't be a dumbass, what is an Odilli thread from 2006 doing here? Are you so fuucck up. Is Odilli running for office.

Sleeping dog lies.

He is going for Rivers West Senatorial seat
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by kel4soft: 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
poiZon:

*Abeg expantiate

Not for you, don't wrong.
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by atlwireles: 11:29pm On Aug 17, 2014
kel4soft:

Sleeping dog lies.

He is going for Rivers West Senatorial election.

dumbass piss off, don't want to deal with your level of stup1dity tonight
Re: Odili's Futile Quest For The Presidency by kel4soft: 11:33pm On Aug 17, 2014
atlwireles:

dumbass piss off, don't want to deal with your level of stup1dity tonight

This thread was written in 2006, this is 2014.

Thats all!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Must Account For The Billions His Government Inherited / Two Army Generals Reportedly Resign Over Insistence To Work For PDP / Gossip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.