Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You (21537 Views)

Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys With Braids? (pics) / See What Makeup Did To This albino / What Makeup Can You Not Live Without? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Damalex4luv(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
ednut1: from make up to hair. bros jst confess ur babe ask u to buy air u cant afford. he con dey pain u. hahah
OLODO
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by uzolexis(f): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: I look at ladies who say they like being themselves and can't help but ROTFLOL. With most of them applying makeup like one coming outta a paint factory. Not to talk of the ego with which some will sway those expensive artificial hair as if it is the end of the world while they look down on every other person as if they are a piece of shit. There is one thing i want you all to know: Being oneself starts with being natural. Once a lady can't be natural, never accept a word when she says she is or likes being herself. Trust me that's a fat lie. Any lady who makes up is actually indirectly telling you that she is what she really isn't. In conclusion, i will like to tell you ladies that being yourself starts with being natural and if you all can do this, men will appreciate you more.

Men are very confused pple. If a lady doesn't use make up and is natural they'll say she's not classy she's bush etc and it's the so called fake gals they'll admire and run after angry . my dear Sisters do whatever rocks ur boat biko,dont listen to this poo these guys say,if u wan make up abeg go ahead,if u no wan mk up look natural.....every woman is beautiful in her own way,u just have to look in that direction. kiss

17 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by guyman2012(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
i hate faking. so i dnt like ladies dat apply makeup

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by tbagjames(m): 9:16am On Jul 23, 2014
ednut1: from make up to hair. bros jst confess ur babe ask u to buy air u cant afford. he con dey pain u. hahah
How much does AIR cost?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ceeceeco: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2014
When u see such girls, just walk pass dem pretending u didn't even notice dem, & they'll be like oooush! Upon all my make ups, guys aren't noticing me. I dnt give a silly f*ck about dem. Girls with lots of make ups irritates me. They rilly suck. They look more like a clown.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by UjSizzle(f): 9:18am On Jul 23, 2014
Blah blah yadda yadda *rollseyes*

People use cosmetics(heavily or lightly) to highlight their facial structure. Using foundation the right way can reduce your nose or highlight your cheekbones.
Eye shadows, liners and mascara are supposed to make your eyes pop.
Lipsticks and lip liners can increase or reduce the fullness of your mouth, depending on how it is used.
All these are just to downplay what you lack, and enhance what you love. Beauty regime wink

It's no different from wearing clothes and dressing right. If i want to highlight my legs, I'll use a short gown or skirt and heels. If it's my waist a different routine. All these are supposed to male us look and feel fabulous. If you think that's wrong then pls by all means walk around nakiid or wear something you didn't pit any thought into...like a very unbecoming color of shirt that will make you look crazy undecided

It's a girl thing, and we love our make up. Sometimes you guys think a girl is natural, and don't even realise there is make up on her face grin You just don't see it.

Personally, I like artistic makeup..the type that make you go shocked But I'm a more natural looking person. Nothing can separate me from my mascara and dark eyeliner though, coz they make my eyes pop wink

15 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by slimpoppa(m): 9:20am On Jul 23, 2014
Too much of make-up means ure seriously trying to hide how unattractive you are.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2014
Godmother: You opinion dude
seriously u gat to look more natural cos ur make up ooze much inadequacy.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 23, 2014
Godmother: You opinion dude
seriously u gat to look more natural cos ur make up ooze much insecurity.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2014
sucess001: very shallow, and stewpid comment if you ask me.

so make up means u re not natural...

no point even disecting the argument....

its shallow on the face of it...
I totaly agree with you
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ceeceeco: 9:26am On Jul 23, 2014
My best make up 4 girls; powder, eye pencil, & wet lips.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 23, 2014
Make up is fun embarassed
Make up is an art and a form of creativity
It is a form of expression

It is an accessory like any other? Something to adorn and enhance the body? Like clothing or jewelery?

Who cares whether someone wears makeup or not? It's the person who counts!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ATMC(f): 9:28am On Jul 23, 2014
@op know yhu not that women are objectified?
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by SELENAqueensy(f): 9:29am On Jul 23, 2014
Ladies do what ever makes u beautiful
If its make up, then fine

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 23, 2014
I think someone that is beautiful is beautiful, if there is no atom of beauty in the face already, aint sure any makeup can help U. As for the weaves, the only problem I have dese days is , when a girl aint heavily made up with all those expensive weaves some shallow set end up looking @ u as a bush girl. In the longrun it's all about choice - it doesn't mean she has self esteem issues or wareva. I like that artistic makeup sef, but I av a flashy face, weneva I try it, I end up looking like a doll, that's the only reason I avoid it, not bc of what any1 thinks/feels.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by HFOG(f): 9:31am On Jul 23, 2014
spicy244: Buh men of nowadays wants ladies that are classy, elegant. No one wants those that "natural looking" lady. So no blame on ladies. Bikko
Not all men my sister. Most real/natural men want real/natural women
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by bliss2al(m): 9:35am On Jul 23, 2014
logged in
checked frontpage
the worst tin I did Dis morning is to click Dis post.. de best tin is get de duck out
mtcheeeeewn

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: I look at ladies who say they like being themselves and can't help but ROTFLOL. With most of them applying makeup like one coming outta a paint factory. Not to talk of the ego with which some will sway those expensive artificial hair as if it is the end of the world while they look down on every other person as if they are a piece of shit. There is one thing i want you all to know: Being oneself starts with being natural. Once a lady can't be natural, never accept a word when she says she is or likes being herself. Trust me that's a fat lie. Any lady who makes up is actually indirectly telling you that she is what she really isn't. In conclusion, i will like to tell you ladies that being yourself starts with being natural and if you all can do this, men will appreciate you more.

for this advice to be effective, U first of all tell Ur fellow men to stop patronising maked-up ladies, let them stop making them believe that they are beautiful when they are artificially designed. Then, they will start appreciating their natural self.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Emlina(f): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2014
My Pearl isn't complaining cos its always light nd natural. Op, I'l prefer u say heavy make ups nt make up generally.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by charles316: 9:39am On Jul 23, 2014
most nigerian babes dont look fine without make up so telling them not to make up wont work. The problem with this is that they deceive your with their fake (painted) look and when u see them without make up u lose whatever interest you have in them.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Escalze(m): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2014
grin

10 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by optimism91(m): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2014
@op, make ups have nothing to do with self esteem. You are what you call yourself. If you hate make ups, you shouldn't judge those that like them. But too much of it is not good though.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by djeoziv(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2014
Just always find myself turning around when I see a natural lady...

I think I'm always against the conventional....

In the real sense, if u r really settling down and u don't think of the natural face u see every morning when u wake .....i mean every morning, then OYO for u cheesy

#NATURALITY COMES FIRST.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by myspnigeria: 9:45am On Jul 23, 2014
Who invented makeup sef
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 9:47am On Jul 23, 2014
UjSizzle: Blah blah yadda yadda *rollseyes*

People use cosmetics(heavily or lightly) to highlight their facial structure. Using foundation the right way can reduce your nose or highlight your cheekbones.
Eye shadows, liners and mascara are supposed to make your eyes pop.
Lipsticks and lip liners can increase or reduce the fullness of your mouth, depending on how it is used.
All these are just to downplay what you lack, and enhance what you love. Beauty regime wink

It's no different from wearing clothes and dressing right. If i want to highlight my legs, I'll use a short gown or skirt and heels. If it's my waist a different routine. All these are supposed to male us look and feel fabulous. If you think that's wrong then pls by all means walk around nakiid or wear something you didn't pit any thought into...like a very unbecoming color of shirt that will make you look crazy undecided

It's a girl thing, and we love our make up. Sometimes you guys think a girl is natural, and don't even realise there is make up on her face grin You just don't see it.

Personally, I like artistic makeup..the type that make you go shocked But I'm a more natural looking person. Nothing can separate me from my mascara and dark eyeliner though, coz they make my eyes pop wink
there is no need trying to be what you are not my dear. If your eyes are not pop then be contented with how it is. Human want is insatiable. Stop trying to be what you are not. Even if a makeup comes out tomorrow that will make your nose or any other area you want to pop, why patronise it? You people are no different from those who do plastic surgery to change their looks or gender. This is lack of contentment.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Lily4star(f): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2014
OP Deep down within you you ll be like,

"Wetin I write make brain die"

Shallow minded thinking, what would u say about guys that go as far as piercing their ears, plaiting their hair, hit the gym to look good, do a clean hair cut and die their hair, why not go and tell dem to look natural, ur opinion anyways.

Try reason too that its not a bad thing to look good whether its a short or long period of time. With or without make up I still look good though, its just good to try things and look different in a good way sometimes.

Some Guys can complain for Africa shaaaa.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Not everyone is blessed with natural fine face you know tongue

Nothing wrong with looking different once in a while

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by jericco1(m): 9:54am On Jul 23, 2014
Well I don't go against girls putting on make-ups and stuff but hey, It should be a light one and not the one that'll make them look like a clown, but the best form of beauty is the natural one. That's the one I'm attracted to mostly. And about the hair ish damn! You see ladies buying expensive hairs or whatever looking like mermaids ugh! Grow your own hair and plait it neatly..
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Onyiido: 9:57am On Jul 23, 2014
Any babe provoke u this morning?
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by apolonius(m): 10:01am On Jul 23, 2014
Time was went I thought outrageous make-up denotes a high inferiority complex. Yet I now appreciate the freedom we all have to do what make us feel good.

As for me,modest make-up is it. Just as I won't want to embarrass my babe with the 'cock' hairstyle,so will I not want to be embarrassed with outrageous 'looking good' paintings and extensions.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by apolonius(m): 10:03am On Jul 23, 2014
Escalze: grin

You no dey try o. The first time I saw that I laughed hard.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 23, 2014
OP wat has make up got to do wit been urself biko. So u think people who do not apply make up r perfect abi case of judging a book by its cover. Incase u don't know make up makes one presentable like wen going out u dress up well nd put make up. I do not think any sane gal wears make up @ home, so change ur mentality. Presidents, gov, celebs etc have u eva seen any one on screen witout any form f make up? Its all part f dressing, have u seen a bride witout make up pls let's be matured here. Beauty is inside it has nofin to do with face ok. Loads f vollage gals wey no dey wear make up na dem dey kill men sef make up or no make up doesn't change who u r, some men like heavy make up nd dese days men r d make up artist ok. *continues watching my telemundo*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? / Ugochi Ihezue Wins Miss Universe Nigeria 2023 / What Color Are Yur Nails?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.