Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,058 members, 7,807,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You (21535 Views)

Ladies, What's Your Take On Guys With Braids? (pics) / See What Makeup Did To This albino / What Makeup Can You Not Live Without? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Simplefaithy(m): 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2014
Lily4star: OP Deep down within you you ll be like,

"Wetin I write make brain die"

Shallow minded thinking, what would u say about guys that go as far as piercing their ears, plaiting their hair, hit the gym to look good, do a clean hair cut and die their hair, why not go and tell dem to look natural, ur opinion anyways.

Try reason too that its not a bad thing to look good whether its a short or long period of time. With or without make up I still look good though, its just good to try things and look different in a good way sometimes.

Some Guys can complain for Africa shaaaa.
Girls who stl looks good witout a make-up deserves national awards. I always admirer dem. Ff bk #biko
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Fundango: 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
spicy244: Buh men of nowadays wants ladies that are classy, elegant. No one wants those that "natural looking" lady. So no blame on ladies. Bikko
Most especially those poos with coloured tv face.Oups my vodka pls let me rio.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by anumide(f): 1:17pm On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: I look at ladies who say they like being themselves and can't help but ROTFLOL. With most of them applying makeup like one coming outta a paint factory. Not to talk of the ego with which some will sway those expensive artificial hair as if it is the end of the world while they look down on every other person as if they are a piece of shit. There is one thing i want you all to know: Being oneself starts with being natural. Once a lady can't be natural, never accept a word when she says she is or likes being herself. Trust me that's a fat lie. Any lady who makes up is actually indirectly telling you that she is what she really isn't. In conclusion, i will like to tell you ladies that being yourself starts with being natural and if you all can do this, men will appreciate you more.
Lemme guess, u are one of those people. Who try to market religious doctrines as their 'opinion'.
I am more real than sister Amaka who preached that makeup
Is evil and a sin and still got pregnant outta wedlock.
Btw, for ur originality to be complete, please walk around naked, since that's d way u were born.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2014
anumide:
Lemme guess, u are one of those people. Who try to market religious doctrines as their 'opinion'.
I am more real than sister Amaka who preached that makeup
Is evil and a sin and still got pregnant outta wedlock.
Btw, for ur originality to be complete, please walk around naked, since that's d way u were born.
Lol, you are funny. Who mentioned about preaching here? To let you know, i am not affiliated to any religion on earth. I am not preaching that makeup is evil i am only telling you that being yourself starts with being natural. And by the way, how does making up or not making up have to do with pregnancy? Let me give you more point - i was born toothless too. Should i remove my teeth as well? How does being born unclad has to do with makeup and being natural. In fact, no vex my dear. Keep making up it's your body. If you like do plastic surgery that's your own. But i will tell you that since makeup last for a short time, the impact is just for a short time. So if you succeed in attracting any man artificially, it only last for a short while. Being natural is just the ultimate my dear.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by goldentreasure: 1:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
l like light make up. I do make up and doing it because it what makes me happy. I am not doing it to impress anybody. Most men dat claims that they don't like make up hv girlfriends that wear heavy make up. Pls ladies do things that makes u happy, once it is good in the eyes of the Lord. For me, I can never leave my house without wearing my red lipstick. When I said red, I meant pure red.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by abdullkabar(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Seriously!!some gels just overdo it.
Even my sister sef not exempted.
Theriz God sha undecided
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 1:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
sucess001: Very shallow,and stewpid opinion if you ask me.

So making up means u re not natural?...

Why not 'dress naked' to work since you want to be 'natural'?

No point even disecting the argument....

Its shallow on the face of it...
very shallow and stupid point. When i say natural i don't mean go back to your mother's womb. Unless you want to take natural as removing all your teeth since you were born without teeth. I never said since man is made of dust he should return back to dust because he want to be natural. Bro please to who brain is given sense is required.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by sucess001(m): 1:56pm On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: very shallow and stupid point. When i say natural i don't mean go back to your mother's womb. Unless you want to take natural as removing all your teeth since you were born without teeth. I never said since man is made of dust he should return back to dust because he want to be natural. Bro please to who brain is given sense is required.

Oga park well!

dont u go to barb your hair?

y not leave it uncut?

is the purpose not to enhance your looks?

same purpose that make up serves?

if u cut your hair and it isnt being cosmetic...den you are one big hypocrite!
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by anumide(f): 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: Lol, you are funny. Who mentioned about preaching here? To let you know, i am not affiliated to any religion on earth. I am not preaching that makeup is evil i am only telling you that being yourself starts with being natural. And by the way, how does making up or not making up have to do with pregnancy? Let me give you more point - i was born toothless too. Should i remove my teeth as well? How does being born unclad has to do with makeup and being natural. In fact, no vex my dear. Keep making up it's your body. If you like do plastic surgery that's your own. But i will tell you that since makeup last for a short time, the impact is just for a short time. So if you succeed in attracting any man artificially, it only last for a short while. Being natural is just the ultimate my dear.
I don't believe some people still think that ladies makeup
'coz they want to attract men. Well, lemme speak for myself
When I go out wiv my weaves/hair extensions, light makeup
And all, I do it for MYSELF! Still, 'm true to my God, myself, my values, my family and my country! I don't do to impress anyman, so if a particular man thinks my appearance makes me a liar, he's free to move on to Sis Biliki. My own man won't pass me by.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2014

Shallow minded thinking, what would u say about guys that go as far as piercing their ears, plaiting their hair, hit the gym to look good, do a clean hair cut and die their hair, why not go and tell dem to look natural, ur opinion anyways.

Try reason too that its not a bad thing to look good whether its a short or long period of time. With or without make up I still look good though, its just good to try things and look different in a good way sometimes.

you are begging for attention and let me give it to you. To tell you the truth this my post is making no sense to me like it is making to others to the extent it made front page. Imagine! My dear, anything you want to do to look good just be natural. Going to gym is keeping natural fitness. So far a guy or lady plaits her natural hair that's not makeup or being artificial so far you don't add foreign materials to yourself. But if that's your itch, you can create a thread about it and let's see it hit frontpage. Please o, i never said ladies should not look good o. My point is they should keep it natural.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
ednut1: from make up to hair. bros jst confess ur babe ask u to buy air u cant afford. he con dey pain u. hahah
lwkm!
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
sucess001:

Oga park well!

dont u go to barb your hair?

y not leave it uncut?

is the purpose not to enhance your looks?

same purpose that make up serves?

if u cut your hair and it isnt being cosmetic...den you are one big hypocrite!
i never said ladies should not trim their natural hair or look good. I only said they should be natural in looking good. Being natural does not mean you should not bath, brush you teeth, cut your nails, remove your teeth because you came to earth toothless, etc. Since you guys want me to spell everything out.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by winiwini: 2:12pm On Jul 23, 2014
THANKS BABE,

MAKE-UP(just as the name says) WILL ONLY MAKE U UP BUT NOT PORTRAY YOUR REAL PERSON.
A GOOD GUY WILL LIKE YOU AND YOUR NATURAL BEAUTY....MY QUESTIONS?

1. WILL YOU DO SAME WHENEVER YOU WANNA SLEEP, MAKE LOVE, OR BEFORE HE WAKE UP TO SEE YOU BESIDE HIM ON BED?

2. WILL YOU DO SAME AFTER BIRTH WHEN YOUR TWIN ARE MAKING TROUBLE?

3. WILL YOU DO THAT WHEN PREGNANT OR WHEN YOU ARE ON SICK BED?

LET HIM GET USED TO THE REAL NATURAL FACE. BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER.

REAL MEN ARE ALWAYS REAL. TYLER PERRY SAID, IF A GUY WANNA WALK OUT IN YOUR LIFE, LET HIM GO.

I MEAN GOOD FOR YOU. HAVE A NICE TIME DEAR

yousee:

Make me understand pls

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
ednut1: from make up to hair. bros jst confess ur babe ask u to buy air u cant afford. he con dey pain u. hahah

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by winiwini: 2:15pm On Jul 23, 2014
TAKE A THICK BREATH AND BOW OUT

JudismphD: Infantile thread this days
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
anumide:
I don't believe some people still think that ladies makeup
'coz they want to attract men.
Well, lemme speak for myself
When I go out wiv my weaves/hair extensions, light makeup
And all, I do it for MYSELF! Still, 'm true to my God, myself, my values, my family and my country! I don't do to impress anyman, so if a particular man thinks my appearance makes me a liar, he's free to move on to Sis Biliki. My own man won't pass me by.
Story! Na God dem wan attract abi? If i keep you alone indoors for one year with access to all kinds of makeups. I am 100% sure you won't see any need for them. You will take your bath, cut you nails, brush your teeth, but will never makeup
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by MadCow1: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
tintingz: The question now is what will you do when you find out that your make-up biitches are not beautiful as you think .

I give her more money to buy more make-up. #Simple.

Its not her fault that her looks are not perfect. So make-up is what maximizes her beauty, then make-up it is.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
rozzay: OP wat has make up got to do wit been urself biko. So u think people who do not apply make up r perfect abi case of judging a book by its cover. Incase u don't know make up makes one presentable like wen going out u dress up well nd put make up. I do not think any sane gal wears make up @ home, so change ur mentality. Presidents, gov, celebs etc have u eva seen any one on screen witout any form f make up? Its all part f dressing, have u seen a bride witout make up pls let's be matured here. Beauty is inside it has nofin to do with face ok. Loads f vollage gals wey no dey wear make up na dem dey kill men sef make up or no make up doesn't change who u r, some men like heavy make up nd dese days men r d make up artist ok. *continues watching my telemundo*
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by charles316: 2:39pm On Jul 23, 2014

Why don't you go to gym ? That will help u health wise and look presentable and attractive. why make your face look good when u have big tummy and unnecessary fat everywhere
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by ivyy(f): 2:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
If every man in here hates makeup this much. Why do men chase after girls on makeup? Maintain and suatain relationships with them as well? Infact get married to them too?

Moderation is all that matters. You will definitely not hate it when it looks acceptable and presentable on someone.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Cheeun(f): 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
I don't think i understand u o Op. Come, are u saying that making up is totally bad or too much of it? Cos if u ask me o i really don't see anything wrong in make-up cos it's cool when it is moderately applied. I repeat MODERATELY! See, i love wearing makeup o but it's always very light cos i hate it when heads begin to roll and they are like 'who be diz Eegun (masqurade) now?' Chai! I fit die there o cos am a shy person lol. Infact, am an aspiring makeup artist sef so i think it's no biggie and not bad for a lady to atleast own a 'white' powder(dat's what i use cos of d nature of my skin) or a compact either ways, a lipstick, an eye pencil and a mascara, maybe. Hmm i yaff talk too much jor. Eh ehn, Op ask ur gf/wifey to try it out and see if u won't thank me later.wink
N.B: I do go all natural MOST OF D TIME(depends on my mood tho') but i love makeup so i ain't preaching being natural is bad. *in Yuzedo's voice* Tenks grin
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Cheeun(f): 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2014
Don't mind them. U nailed it jare.
ivyy: If every man in here hates makeup this much. Why do men chase after girls on makeup? Maintain and suatain relationships with them as well? Infact get married to them too?

Moderation is all that matters. You will definitely not hate it when it looks acceptable and presentable on someone.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by Poshe7(f): 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2014
ideology:

Stop giving urself headache
The writers comparison is wrong

I don't see how making up relates with "being oneself "
Being oneself to me should be viewed in the light of ones character or atitude and core values.

For eg a girl who doesn't drink mixes up with girls who drink, then on an occasion, she joins them to drink, then i can say she's not "being herself " instead of comparing natural beauty

Thank u jare smiley

1 Like

Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by herald9: 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Romanciella: lmao......

#team heavy makeup.....my boo isnt complainin so why shuold i give a f......#

#foundation.............sleek.........concealer...........blush.......mascara........eyeliner........eyeshadow....lipstick..........
Muslim girls apply all this?
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
ivyy: If every man in here hates makeup this much. Why do men chase after girls on makeup? Maintain and suatain relationships with them as well? Infact get married to them too?

they chase after them cos they see them as fake. Fake products are cheap and can only satisfy your immediate need. A man who is concerned about the future won't look at artificial beauty at all. Most men fall into this trap and end up not settling down with what they want. And that's why men will still look outside after marriage. Trust me, if a man gets what he wants he won't cheat. Cheating is as a result of insatiable want. Go to gym, look naturally good and attractive. Not having big and flabby tommy and only concerned with makeup and artificial hair. Trust me, the man will get tired someday.
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by anumide(f): 3:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
chuxyz: Story! Na God dem wan attract abi?
Duh! So those women in their late fifty's/sixties applying
Makeup before going about their business are doing it to attract men abi? Or you think everybody is like you, doing everything because of people's opinions? I doubt it.

If i keep you alone indoors for one year with access to all kinds of makeups. I am 100% sure you won't see any need for them. You will take your bath, cut you nails, brush your teeth, but will never makeup
Dude, when I was very much unemployed, I take my bath early in d morning, get dressed, apply my makeup
And feel good (mind you, I live in d suburbs). The presence of so many villagers did change my style. Stop claiming that you are '100% sure' of something when you don't even know me, or that I will 'never' do. Something because the. Unemployed women. In your. Compound walk around all day with net on. Their hair/wrapper on their waists.
Open your mind, your opinion does not apply to everyone. People are different, one man's fufu is another man's amala
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
Cheeun: I don't think i understand u o Op. Come, are u saying that making up is totally bad or too much of it? Cos if u ask me o i really don't see anything wrong in make-up cos it's cool when it is moderately applied. I repeat MODERATELY! See, i love wearing makeup o but it's always very light cos i hate it when heads begin to roll and they are like 'who be diz Eegun (masqurade) now?' Chai! I fit die there o cos am a shy person lol. Infact, am an aspiring makeup artist sef so i think it's no biggie and not bad for a lady to atleast own a 'white' powder(dat's what i use cos of d nature of my skin) or a compact either ways, a lipstick, an eye pencil and a mascara, maybe. Hmm i yaff talk too much jor. Eh ehn, Op ask ur gf/wifey to try it out and see if u won't thank me later.wink
N.B: I do go all natural MOST OF D TIME(depends on my mood tho') but i love makeup so i ain't preaching being natural is bad. *in Yuzedo's voice* Tenks grin
Wow! I like your the tone of your voice and they way you sounded. I really appreciate and almost convinced that makeup is the ultimate. It wasn't like those raining curse on me like I came here to fight or cause trouble. My dear, I am a man, and I have been in round table to discuss with both married and unmarried men countless number of times. And I have come to understand that men appreciate natural beauty than artificial makeup. They see women who apply makeup as fake goods that are cheap and can only satisfy immediate need. Of course a man will get attracted to you or even marry you but he will end up to discover that this is not what he needs. Your artificial beauty will only take you there but will never keep you there. I and most men adore beautiful ladies without makeup. Before a man marries you, he sees you most of the time on makeup but after marriage, he sees you most of the time without makeup. And trust me, he might no like his new sight. Be who you are and let one be attracted to you the way you are. Go to gym, keep fit, look naturally good and sexy and I assure you, no man will see you as a fake product. Thanks once more for that comment. It made me smile and appreciate an opposing nairalander for once. People though everyone came here to fight
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by chuxyz(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
anumide:
Dude, when I was very much unemployed, I take my bath early in d morning, get dressed, apply my makeup
And feel good (mind you, I live in d suburbs). The presence of so many villagers did change my style. Stop claiming that you are '100% sure' of something when you don't even know me, or that I will 'never' do. Something because the. Unemployed women. In your. Compound walk around all day with net on. Their hair/wrapper on their waists.
Open your mind, your opinion does not apply to everyone. People are different, one man's fufu is another man's amala
that means you have no purpose of applying makeup and just doing it cos others are doing it. No offence, but if you are making up, u are either doing it for someone. If not a man, then a woman. You can be indoors and fix eyelash, paint nails, wear lipstick, mary-k, eyepencil, mascara. Who are you doing it for? Or u just apply it and go to bed?
Re: Ladies: What Makeup Reveals About You by mstik(f): 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
dats what you think.Ha. Maybe u like natural girs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerian Tailors So Unreliable? / Ugochi Ihezue Wins Miss Universe Nigeria 2023 / What Color Are Yur Nails?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.