Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,985 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

'why I Was Named After An Animal' – Antar Laniyan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'why I Was Named After An Animal' – Antar Laniyan (784 Views)

Unknown Animal Found In Lagos Island And Was Named Immediately. (photos) / PIC: CLAM Pastor, Wole Oladiyun Stars With Odunlade, Antar Laniyan In New Movie / Why I Was Named After An Animal – Antar Laniyan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'why I Was Named After An Animal' – Antar Laniyan by bintexhimself: 5:22am On Jul 23, 2014
Nollywood actor, film director and producer, Antar Laniyan, during a recent chat with Vanguard’s weekend groove revealed the reason why his parents decided to name him‘Antar’. Read what he said below…

He said:

“I know the name Laniyan is not a special one but Antar is peculiar. Some years back, a pregnant woman had a rival who wanted to marry her husband at all cost.

This rival went diabolical to make sure the pregnant woman, my mother, did not give birth to me. And after staying 18months in my mother’s womb, they made some findings and it was revealed that my mother had to beg this rival for me to come to life.
Getting to my mother’s rival, she said they had to look for a goanna.

Goanna is an animal called Aworinwo in Yoruba language but typical Yorubas call Goanna ‘Antar’. So, they used the Antar or goanna to make concoction for my mother. After some hours, I came to life and my mother decided to name me ‘Antar’ after the animal”.
See more@...>>>http://www.premiumgist.com/named-animal-antar-laniyan/

(1) (Reply)

I’m F***king Wizkid”- Lady Attacks Tania Omotayo On Twitter / My Husband Left Me Just After One Month Of Our Marriage [comedian Princess] / Death And Birthday. .GOD Z Wonderful.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.