Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,798 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border (17232 Views)

LIVE UPDATES On Anambra Supplementary Election / Liveupdate On Anambra Election From The 21 Local Government-pls No Comments / Over 40 Killed In Renewed Nasarawa Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by dozzzybaba: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2014
meforyou1: anambra is no man's land? Wow. Nothing person won't read in nairaland
Yes.

ANAMBRA IS NO MANS LAND !!
and the oil does not belong to the igbos. I trust my Ibaji warriors, we'l roast those Aguleri cowards

10 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by nerodenero: 8:46am On Jul 23, 2014
...and you will also claim Lagos is no man's land.Safe to say your village,town and state is owned by another tribe.At times,keeping mute is golden
dozzzybaba: Anambra is no mans land. The oil does not belong to the igbos

3 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Youngzedd(m): 8:47am On Jul 23, 2014
nerodenero: I just pray this crude oil dries up so that corruption will reduce and people will go back to the trade they were known for.Oil has created more problems than it has solved.

It can never dry up.

Are you from the northern region?

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by obayaya(m): 8:47am On Jul 23, 2014
I'm tired of hearing all these

Whoever is pushing these guys better call them off.

These 2 communities have been neighbors for ages and they know the boundaries very well.

But they chose to kill themselves because of greed
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 23, 2014
omenka: That black liquid has been more of a curse than a blessing upon this nation. It had bred impunity, corruption and laziness.

The solution to our freedom in this Country is if all states catered to themselves. Agriculture will wake up, Mining will resurrect, We will put our natural and human resources to good use then.

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2014
nerodenero: I just pray this crude oil dries up so that corruption will reduce and people will go back to the trade they were known for.Oil has created more problems than it has solved.

Yes o, it has.
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by rhythyson: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2014
Very soon all Anambarians in Kogi will be forced to carry special IDs grin

3 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Urine: 8:49am On Jul 23, 2014
These Kogi murderers have been killing Igbo people for a while now, what is ohaneze, MASSOB, South Eastern Governors, Nairaland keyboard soldiers doing to stop this madness? You folks should have mercy on your brothers and sisters...defend them.

5 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Uchechris06(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2014
dozzzybaba: Anambra is no mans land. The oil does not belong to the igbos
dis z d comment of an award winner(the greatest FOOL of the century) Anambra remians d lit of all oda states in dis country, tak it or hug nearest transformer

4 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by dozzzybaba: 8:51am On Jul 23, 2014
Youngzedd:

It can never dry up.

Kogi state is in the Northern region(North central). The oil belongs to the people of Kogi.
Anambra is no mans land. The igbos have no oil

11 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Lanceslot(m): 8:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Aguleri people dikwa very risky, dem bad pass ombatse people.....

6 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2014
Government shall try to check mate the crisis cus Agulery people will want to revenge which will escalate the crisis into a war.
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by dozzzybaba: 8:56am On Jul 23, 2014
Uchechris06: ....
Your father is a f00l.
Anambra is no mans land. Deal with it.

So you think you can cheat the people of Kogi and get away with it, right? You are joking.

Anambra has no oil, Anambra has no mineral resources. The only thing you have is EROSION

13 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by henryobinna(m): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2014
one of the reasons I hate anything that had to do with crude oil

how to download free apps and games from playstore using your pc
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by DocAdray(f): 8:56am On Jul 23, 2014
Its so unfortunate, R.I.P to the dead!

I hope this doesn't spark of a crisis between the two tribes.
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by IGBOSON1: 8:59am On Jul 23, 2014
It's a potpourri of reasons that spurs these animals on to poke nose in Anambra affair: hatred, jealousy, inferiority-complex, fear, covetousness, and laziness........and i'm sure they're being encouraged and supported by the same Igbo hating group of people that have sworn since the end of the civil war that Ndigbo will not progress faster than them or get the full benefit of their resources! We all know who they are.......they reckoned those fields were marginal and not commercially viable, and this is why they left them in Anambra! If they had known then what they know now, i'm sure they would have done the needful and Aguleri would somehow-somehow have found themselves as part of the Kogi state by now! wink

I doubt Anambra would have this on-going problem if they had the likes of Benue as there neighbour! How comes Enugu that's also contesting the area in question are not causing problems, but carrying on with life as normal?

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by CharlieMaria(m): 8:59am On Jul 23, 2014
Aguleri known for fighting since 1860s.,....

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Alexk2(m): 9:00am On Jul 23, 2014
I can't trust the Igala pple on this one...they alwayz want to have everything by crook even when itz not theres.
I just pray this become a settled issue soon and letz stop this blood shedings every now and then.

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by fkaz(m): 9:01am On Jul 23, 2014
93RD: There is nothing to fight about.... I wonder why nigerians keep killing each other because of greed? If the boundary commission do their survey as usual, they should declare the owner of the so called oil well and let peace return to the states involved..

Well said bro, the boundary issue between kogi and anambra is just politics game, played by FG
Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by dozzzybaba: 9:02am On Jul 23, 2014
Lanceslot: Aguleri people dikwa very risky, dem bad pass ombatse people.....
The aguleri cowards are only risky when they want to fight their umuleri brothers.

The Ibaji warriors in Kogi have been roasting them like suya.

Tell your ibo brothers to keep of our land. Go back to your land oooops. I forgot cheesycheesy Anambra is no mans land

6 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by IGBOSON1: 9:02am On Jul 23, 2014
dozzzybaba: Kogi state is in the Northern region(North central). The oil belongs to the people of Kogi.
Anambra is no mans land. The igbos have no oil

^^^Ok, we don hear! Now go back to bed! smiley

4 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by dozzzybaba: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2014
CharlieMaria: Aguleri known for fighting since 1860s.,....
Ibaji warriors roasting aguleri cowards since 1109BC

10 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by 1stola: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2014
GBAGAUN!
KOGI Vs. ANAMBRA.
round 2...

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by nerodenero: 9:05am On Jul 23, 2014
I am not ooooo grin
Youngzedd:

It can never dry up.

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by yousee(m): 9:06am On Jul 23, 2014
dozzzybaba: Yes.

ANAMBRA IS NO MANS LAND !!
and the oil does not belong to the igbos. I trust my Ibaji warriors, we'l roast those Aguleri cowards
....and we all are saying let's separate and go our various ways. We are not even separate yet and all this disputes are happening...
I saw malnourished kids in south sudan yesterday on TV...

It started this way

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by EMMASON125: 9:06am On Jul 23, 2014
If Obiano can not defend his people good for him. One day kogi people will come and burn down his house

2 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by RareDiamond: 9:07am On Jul 23, 2014
At the last meeting chaired by the Director General of the
National Boundary Commission, Dr. M.B. Ahmad, with the
deputy governors of the two states and a representative of
the surveyor general of the federation in attendance, it was
noted that the Anambra/Kogi interstate boundary was the
boundary of the former Northern and Eastern regions described in the legal notice No 126 of 1954. However, the people of Kogi were said to be insisting that
despite the demarcated boundary between the old Kabba
and old Onitsha provinces, the oil deposits in Omambala
River belong to them.

THIS GOES TO PROVES THAT THE BOUNDARY DEMARCATION HAVE BEEN COMPLETED BY NBC AND THE OIL WELLS CLEARLY IN ANAMBRA STATE BUT THE KOGI PEOPLE ARE INSISTING THAT DESPITE THE DEMARCATION USING THE MAP OF NIGERIA, LEGAL NOTICE 126 OF 1954, MAP OF ONITSHA AND KABBA PROVINCE THE OIL WELLS BELONG TO THEM.

Anambra governor spoke when a delegation from Awka Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture paid him a courtesy call recently at the government house Awka, where he also revealed that when Orient Petroleum is completed, it would produce an initial capacity of twenty thousand barrels of oil per day which would attract oil and gas industries to the state.
The Governor also said that the government will also take steps to enroll the state into the membership of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), even as the boundary adjustment with Kogi State is almost completed which has made it clear that the oil wells were in Anambra State. He affirmed that the state would soon approach the National Assembly for necessary legal framework to enable the state enjoy the benefits of being an oil producing state.

http://orientnewspaper.com/i-have-the-will-zeal-and-determination-to-rid-anambra-of-criminals-chief-willie-obiano/

Ahmad said that the commission`s technical committee met with the Anambra and Kogi officials in 2013 to resolve the boundary disputes.
He said that a joint field team was constituted to begin the tracing and provisional demarcation of the boundary.

He said that the team had traced about 75 per cent of the boundary before it was stalled because access to the river Anambra was blocked by water hyacinth. This is as at 2013.

http://www.hallmarknews.com/nbc-to-fast-track-demarcation-of-ebon%E2%80%8Byi-cross-river-boundary/

5 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by chimerase2: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2014
I tot they hv settled this issue long time again
And to follow it up the anambra stat governor has started some work there
Btw the north has no oil, there land is dry hw come una wan rip wia una no sow undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 23, 2014
tsolz84: RIP to the dead...i hope my fellow e-warriors wont trample on this thread;please lets let the Igbos be..
A dunce like you can't be an e-warrior. E-warriors are brainy and crafty unlike the deduceable personage behind your post. Don't insult them please for you're unfit to untie their shoes.

6 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by fkaz(m): 9:13am On Jul 23, 2014
dozzzybaba: The aguleri cowards are only risky when they want to fight their umuleri brothers.

Tell your ibo brothers to keep of our land. Go back to your land oooops. I forgot cheesycheesy Anambra is no mans land

Aguleri had always use the ibaji/igala people to fight umuleri their brother, ibaji people culture are mixture of igala and igbo. They are the one aguleri people use to fight their neighbour, so they can't raise their hands against ibaji warriors.

1 Like

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by dozzzybaba: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2014
chimerase2:
Btw the north has no oil, there land is dry hw come una wan rip wia una no sow undecided
You are ignorant. The North has Oil. The Oil belongs to the Ibaji people of Kogi state.
You ibos have no oil, the only thing you have is erosion

5 Likes

Re: 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border by EMMASON125: 9:15am On Jul 23, 2014
dozzzybaba: The aguleri cowards are only risky when they want to fight their umuleri brothers.

oloribu oloruniya o ni dide nle abi ile o ti mo ni? I hope people like u will not start accuse Ibo of instigating trouble when they retaliate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra State Declares State Of Emergency On Illegal Structures And Shanties / Buhari Shocked By States' Inability To Pay Salaries / President Buhari Mourns Stephen Keshi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.