Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:00 PM

Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail (1876 Views)

Picture Of Amechi When Hearing The Result. / APC Was Relying On Lies, Propaganda And Federal Might To Take Rivers- Wike / What Is Politics? A Must Read And An Eye Opener!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2014
The first impression of anybody that sees the pix of the "test run" of Amechi's monorail will be like "WOW", "Bravo", "welldone Sir" "keep it up, sir"

Assuming I saw such a pix and it was captioned "Fashola's Mono Rail" or "Nyako's Monorail" or "Dickson's Monorail", i would have been so happy to know that great things are happening in Nigeria.

Main reason being that I may not have been to those places to see things for myself!

In the case of Amechi's monorail, I am very very sad!

First the overall length of the mono rail, is not more than a kilometer!
secondly, the picture shown was that of a couch with no engine sitting still on the rail!
Third is the lie itself!

I don't know what Amechi and his handlers want to achieve with this stunt, but we are calling on Nigerians to visit the monorail live and see things for yourself! The project is for the public to see and judge! The rail is not hidden as it passed the front the Government House down to the popular Lagos bus stop.

Journalists that know their onions can come over and investigate!

However, I have learnt a valuable lesson,
1. Pictures can lie and deceive
2,. Don't just trust pictures especially when politics is involved.

As far as monorail is concerned, what Nigerians saw in the pix was nothing but a political stunt meant for a good propaganda!

On a last note folks, Beware of Pictures!

5 Likes

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by NgeneUkwenu(f): 11:10am On Jul 23, 2014
^^^^Amaechi is really giving some fools sleepless nights with his people-oriented world class projects. @Op, I wonder what would happen to your likes, when the Lion of Rivers Politics starts commissioning numerous housing projects scattered all over Rivers State!

Ara ga-agbariri ndi ara!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 23, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: ^^^^Amaechi is really giving some fools sleepless nights with his people-oriented world class projects. @Op, I wonder what would happen to your likes, when the Lion of Rivers Politics starts commissioning numerous housing projects scattered all over Rivers State!

Ara ga-agbariri ndi ara!

Honestly, I don't understand you dear!

I read your post over again, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the monorail issue!
What exactly do you mean by what would happen to people like me when he starts commissioning numerous housing projects? Perhaps, I am anti progress and anti good things and anti people? perhaps, I may die of heart attack? Wonders shall never end!

Dear, you either respond to the points I raised on the monorail and counter them or simply keep quiet.

It beats my imagination how some of you lack the simple art of decency in expressing your opinions without resorting to pouring insults and obscenities!

the mono rail is a deception, go and ride on it, at least from Lagos bus stop to such a short distance as Rumuola, then come out to lay your insults as much as you like!

In your view, I am a fool and I am having sleepless nights?
Our societal values have really decayed and i wonder if there is any remedy!

I don't have to prove to you that I do enjoy myself and that no human is too big enough to deprive me that!
As for who is a fool, time will tell dear!

i wish you well!

16 Likes

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Izunwa(m): 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: ^^^^Amaechi is really giving some fools sleepless nights with his people-oriented world class projects. @Op, I wonder what would happen to your likes, when the Lion of Rivers Politics starts commissioning numerous housing projects scattered all over Rivers State!

Ara ga-agbariri ndi ara!
Are the houses part of the mono rail project . anakogheri

7 Likes

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Omexonomy: 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2014
Initially ameachi ment well for the people untill he join APC and started using and diverting the state resources to sponsor BH.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by chiefinalowo: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
Omexonomy: Initially ameachi ment well for the people untill he join APC and started using and diverting the state resources to sponsor BH.

I disagree with you bro. Joining a failed party like APC has nothing to do with the Monorail project.
The Monorail project was a failure from the day it was flagged-off.
The Monorail is not even needed where it is in PHC.
He should have concentrated on building new roads and rehabilitating the existing ones.
The money should have been used for better things.
Most of the people that are praising this Monorail has never visited PHC to see the container Amaechi put up and called Monorail

I agree with noblezone (proponent of biafra) 100%

4 Likes

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by oggy89: 1:16pm On Jul 23, 2014
ADAMAWA: PDP delegates endorse Gen.Marwa for governorship seat

Read more at TODAY: http://www.today.ng/politics/adamawa-pdp-delegates-endorse-gen-marwa-for-governorship-seat/
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
noblezone:

Honestly, I don't understand you dear!

I read your post over again, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the monorail issue!
What exactly do you mean by what would happen to people like me when he starts commissioning numerous housing projects? Perhaps, I am anti progress and anti good things and anti people? perhaps, I may die of heart attack? Wonders shall never end!

Dear, you either respond to the points I raised on the monorail and counter them or simply keep quiet.

It beats my imagination how some of you lack the simple art of decency in expressing your opinions without resorting to pouring insults and obscenities!

the mono rail is a deception, go and ride on it, at least from Lagos bus stop to such a short distance as Rumuola, then come out to lay your insults as much as you like!

In your view, I am a fool and I am having sleepless nights?
Our societal values have really decayed and i wonder if there is any remedy!

I don't have to prove to you that I do enjoy myself and that no human is too big enough to deprive me that!
As for who is a fool, time will tell dear!

i wish you well!
What do you expect from APC e-goats? Goats will always be goats

1 Like

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Symphony007: 1:37pm On Jul 23, 2014
Why are some people so dumb? Go and study monorails and cities of the world that have built it like miami, new york, etc... It took miami over 10 years... Most cities are still even expanding their's to other areas up till today. The port harcourt monorail runs from lagos bus stop to UTC at the moment. But what you lairs won't say is that their are about 2 power stations on that route along with two large offices, one at lagos bus stop field and the former sharks football stadium car park. It's up to the next government to have the brains to continue. If a monorail was started in lagos in the 80's or 90's and every government since then chipped in, where will it be today? Will lagos be the traffic mess that it is today?
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: Why are some people so dumb? Go and study monorails and cities of the world that have built it like miami, new york, etc... It took miami over 10 years... Most cities are still even expanding their's to other areas up till today. The port harcourt monorail runs from lagos bus stop to UTC at the moment. But what you lairs won't say is that their are about 2 power stations on that route along with two large offices, one at lagos bus stop field and the former sharks football stadium car park. It's up to the next government to have the brains to continue. If a monorail was started in lagos in the 80's or 90's and every government since then chipped in, where will it be today? Will lagos be the traffic mess that it is today?

Sincere apologies for being dumb sir!

It took Miami 10 years you said? When did the Rivers monorail start? How many years now?
Please, what is the distance from Lagos bus stop to the UTC?

At the speed of the work on the project, if it was started like in 1980 (34 years ago), chances are that we would have reached Garrison or waterlines by now?

By the way Sir, what lies did I tell?

Finally, any man with brains will not waste the time and resources on such a white elephant project!

6 Likes

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Abagworo(m): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: Why are some people so dumb? Go and study monorails and cities of the world that have built it like miami, new york, etc... It took miami over 10 years... Most cities are still even expanding their's to other areas up till today. The port harcourt monorail runs from lagos bus stop to UTC at the moment. But what you lairs won't say is that their are about 2 power stations on that route along with two large offices, one at lagos bus stop field and the former sharks football stadium car park. It's up to the next government to have the brains to continue. If a monorail was started in lagos in the 80's or 90's and every government since then chipped in, where will it be today? Will lagos be the traffic mess that it is today?

I've once posted a link about monorail and its high cost and low completion speed. While I admire Amaechi's courage on embarking on such futuristic project, I was and still remain one of the critics of the project. It sure shall be a thing of pride for Rivers people in years to come just like the hanging bridge is to Lagos. Amaechi has made a lasting mark in Nigeria and Africa with this short but historic monorail project.
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Symphony007: 2:26pm On Jul 23, 2014
noblezone:

Sincere apologies for being dumb sir!

It took Miami 10 years you said? When did the Rivers monorail start? How many years now?
Please, what is the distance from Lagos bus stop to the UTC?

At the speed of the work on the project, if it was started like in 1980 (34 years ago), chances are that we would have reached Garrison or waterlines by now?

By the way Sir, what lies did I tell?

Finally, any man with brains will not waste the time and resources on such a white elephant project!
the miami, new york,etc monorail is still a working progress decades as it is still being extended to new parts of the city to enhance travel. The p.h monorail would have gone past UTC but the chinese company who partnered with the RSG to fund the project pulled out leaving the government to finish the first phase on it's own and as a govt. With many other responsibilities, this is the much they can afford. It is up to the next govt. To seek new partnerships that will hasten the project. The call to start a subway in lagos was called a "white elephant project" in the 80's. Today lagos is a traffic mess and one of the most populated cities on earth with worse mass transit system. People who have foresight know port harcourt is going that route and they won't call this a white elephant project.
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by agamenon(m): 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2014
Rotten Amechi is a love-vendor
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by size38: 3:03pm On Jul 23, 2014
We so much like the Monorail project by Amaechi's Govt. Whether it is half kilometer or 100 kilometer. It doesn't matter. Govt is a continuity. The next govt will continue from where he stopped. Haters should look at what is happening in their states and leave Rivers state alone. We are happy with Amaechi and his govt.
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: the miami, new york,etc monorail is still a working progress decades as it is still being extended to new parts of the city to enhance travel. The p.h monorail would have gone past UTC but the chinese company who partnered with the RSG to fund the project pulled out leaving the government to finish the first phase on it's own and as a govt. With many other responsibilities, this is the much they can afford. It is up to the next govt. To seek new partnerships that will hasten the project. The call to start a subway in lagos was called a "white elephant project" in the 80's. Today lagos is a traffic mess and one of the most populated cities on earth with worse mass transit system. People who have foresight know port harcourt is going that route and they won't call this a white elephant project.

Your explanations are all fine!
Except that you failed to point out where I told lies!

My problem is not the project sir, I would love to ride on that rail! Who no like better thing?

But where I have issues is the "test run" story and picture.
Did you enter the rail? And from where to where?
From Lagos to UTC? Lol
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2014
size38: We so much like the Monorail project by Amaechi's Govt. Whether it is half kilometer or 100 kilometer. It doesn't matter. Govt is a continuity. The next govt will continue from where he stopped. Haters should look at what is happening in their states and leave Rivers state alone. We are happy with Amaechi and his govt.

No body is hating the monorail project Sir!
What we are against the lie of a "test run" with pictures of a couch without engine!
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by omenka(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2014
@op: how about you posting pics to buttress your allegation of falsehood All what you people have been saying would amount to absolutely nothing if you can't show us the empty engine bay of the coach or any other such pics.
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nkemtreasure: 4:31pm On Jul 23, 2014

Bross I hail o. The mono rail and it's cost isn't what we need now. Have heard of this over hyped project until I visited it. I was most disappointed not because of the project, but because of its location. If its aim is to ease traffic, then that's not the hub of traffic or even among the first 5th places.
Secondly, #50b for 2.6km I really don't understand the mathematics.
I must say the truth, Gov Amaechi has done very well since he became governor but if someone makes a blunder, we must say it as it is. It's not about the party, since 95% of the projects were completely done when he was in PDP. No significant achievements has been recorded since he decamped to APC.

1 Like

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Symphony007: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2014
Nkemtreasure:

Bross I hail o. The mono rail and it's cost isn't what we need now. Have heard of this over hyped project until I visited it. I was most disappointed not because of the project, but because of its location. If its aim is to ease traffic, then that's not the hub of traffic or even among the first 5th places.
Secondly, #50b for 2.6km I really don't understand the mathematics.
I must say the truth, Gov Amaechi has done very well since he became governor but if someone makes a blunder, we must say it as it is. It's not about the party, since 95% of the projects were completely done when he was in PDP. No significant achievements has been recorded since he decamped to APC.
there is a reason the train started at lagos bus stop. That's because that is the location of the central office and it is the start of port harcourts buisness district. The plan is it will run from lagos bus stop to UTC, UTC to waterlines, waterlines to rumuola, rumuola to airforce,etc... Up to obigbo. Surely this project will not be completed in one day. 100 years after the new york subway was built, work crews are still blowing up the earth in manhattan to create new routes. We just need the next government and government after to remain committed. I address the reason for the high price. The RSG's partner pulled out leaving the government to complete the first phase alone. Monorails are expensive. Considering the epileptic state of power supply in nigeria, it has to provide it's own power. We don't need monorail now? When we will need it? Years later when million more cars enter port harcourt and traffic becomes hell? Take a look at port harcourt's traffic today and imagine what it will be in future without good mass transit system. It will just strangle whatever economic growth that was suppose to happen in the city. Start today. Step by step, we'll get there and you'll look back and say were will we be if this was'nt there.

1 Like

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by rolchi(m): 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2014
Symphony007: there is a reason the train started at lagos bus stop. That's because that is the location of the central office and it is the start of port harcourts buisness district. The plan is it will run from lagos bus stop to UTC, UTC to waterlines, waterlines to rumuola, rumuola to airforce,etc... Up to obigbo. Surely this project will not be completed in one day. 100 years after the new york subway was built, work crews are still blowing up the earth in manhattan to create new routes. We just need the next government and government after to remain committed. I address the reason for the high price. The RSG's partner pulled out leaving the government to complete the first phase alone. Monorails are expensive. Considering the epileptic state of power supply in nigeria, it has to provide it's own power. We don't need monorail now? When we will need it? Years later when million more cars enter port harcourt and traffic becomes hell? Take a look at port harcourt's traffic today and imagine what it will be in future without good mass transit system. It will just strangle whatever economic growth that was suppose to happen in the city. Start today. Step by step, we'll get there and you'll look back and say were will we be if this was'nt there.

Ok...we noted. Lets hope the next government will continue up-til Garrison, Rumuola and Artillery, Eleme Junction, Obigbo. We just pray!
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Symphony007: 5:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
rolchi:

Ok...we noted. Lets hope the next government will continue up-til Garrison, Rumuola and Artillery, Eleme Junction, Obigbo. We just pray!
don't pray!! Hold them accountable for it. It's your right!!!
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 23, 2014
rolchi:

By what Amechi has done, the next governor may get to Park,
after him, the next one may get to garrison
the next governor to rumuola, another to air-force, etc.

it may take upt to 10 governors to get to Obigbo, that would take like 80 years!

1 Like

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Alamation(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
Op hates growth and development. It's so certain that OP is a PDP card-carrying member.
Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
Alamation: Op hates growth and development. It's so certain that OP is a PDP card-carrying member.

Do I hate growth? No Sir
Do I hate development? No Sir
Am I a PDP card-carnying member? No Sir

Did Amechi start monorail project? yes sir
Will I love to have the monorail in the PHC city? yes sir
is the monorail in the current state ready for "test run"? No sir
Is there news about the "test run"? yes sir

Dear pally, this is my objection:
there is nothing like a test run of the monorail!
The news was a propaganda, anything outside of this is your own cup of tea.

I expect you to come here and state how you entered the monorail during the test run ceremony or how you observed it.
Chances are, you have never seen the project!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Pictures, Propaganda And Politics: A Case Study Of Amechi's Monorail by Nkemtreasure: 10:11am On Nov 26, 2014
Symphony007:
there is a reason the train started at lagos bus stop. That's because that is the location of the central office and it is the start of port harcourts buisness district. The plan is it will run from lagos bus stop to UTC, UTC to waterlines, waterlines to rumuola, rumuola to airforce,etc... Up to obigbo. Surely this project will not be completed in one day. 100 years after the new york subway was built, work crews are still blowing up the earth in manhattan to create new routes. We just need the next government and government after to remain committed. I address the reason for the high price. The RSG's partner pulled out leaving the government to complete the first phase alone. Monorails are expensive. Considering the epileptic state of power supply in nigeria, it has to provide it's own power. We don't need monorail now? When we will need it? Years later when million more cars enter port harcourt and traffic becomes hell? Take a look at port harcourt's traffic today and imagine what it will be in future without good mass transit system. It will just strangle whatever economic growth that was suppose to happen in the city. Start today. Step by step, we'll get there and you'll look back and say were will we be if this was'nt there.
Love your constructive and and well defined responce. Sir, I'm humbled.

(1) (Reply)

Dokubo-asari Insulted Buhari On Jonathan's Behalf, Says Deputy Minority Leader / APC To Jonathan: PDP Can’t Win Edo / Stolen Goods From Malls In Sa Heading To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.