Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,843 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility (16581 Views)

Question, Myths, And Answers On Seminal Fluid(sperm) / Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Would You Use Seminal Fluid To Treat Your Pimples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility by sofadj(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2014
Semen(a.k.a. Seminal Fluid) is the thick white fluid released from a male organ during ejaculation. It contains sperm.
Seminal fluid analysis is one of the most important tests carried out to evaluate male fertility and should be done early. Sometimes this test is known as SPERM COUNT OR MALE FERTILITY TEST

It measures the amount and quality of the spermatozoa present in a man’s semen.
2-3 tests should be done at least 1 month interval before a conclusion could be reached as to the normality of the test especially if a subnormal result was obtained.

Collecting the Sample

The semen sample is normally obtained after 3-5 days of abstinence.
◾Sample can be collected by masturbation into a clean, dry, sterile container OR
◾During sexual intercourse using special condoms ( containing no spermicidal substance)

TO BE CONTINUED...

Source : http://www.healthlineafrica.com

Re: Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility by sofadj(m): 3:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Reasons for the Test

It is the cornerstone for evaluation of male infertility. About 50% of infertile couples have male infertility problem.

It is also done following Vasectomy, success of which is confirmed in the absence of sperm in the semen

Precautions

Alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs may affect the result of the test

Normal Values

Volume – 1.5ml-5ml
Density – 20million sperm per 1ml
OR 50million – 60 million sperm per ejaculate
Motility and Morphology - Greater than 60% sperm cells having normal movement and morphology

The test assesses among other things the volume and density of the semen, the quality, motility, morphology of the sperm cells.

Abnormal results of Semen analysis may suggest a number of medical conditions many of which are treatable. Discuss your fears with your Physician.

For more health topics visit : www.healthlineafrica.com
Re: Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility by moscobabs(m): 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2017
sofadj:
Reasons for the Test

It is the cornerstone for evaluation of male infertility. About 50% of infertile couples have male infertility problem.

It is also done following Vasectomy, success of which is confirmed in the absence of sperm in the semen

Precautions

Alcohol, tobacco, recreational drugs may affect the result of the test

Normal Values

Volume – 1.5ml-5ml
Density – 20million sperm per 1ml
OR 50million – 60 million sperm per ejaculate
Motility and Morphology - Greater than 60% sperm cells having normal movement and morphology

The test assesses among other things the volume and density of the semen, the quality, motility, morphology of the sperm cells.

Abnormal results of Semen analysis may suggest a number of medical conditions many of which are treatable. Discuss your fears with your Physician.

For more health topics visit : www.healthlineafrica.com

Please how much will it cost me to do the test and which hospital can u recommend for me

Thanks
Re: Seminal Fluid Analysis; A Common Test For Male Infertility by MGeey(f): 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2017
moscobabs:

Please how much will it cost me to do the test and which hospital can u recommend for me

Thanks

You will get all the information you need on the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1461715/male-infertility-share-experience-success

All the best

(1) (Reply)

I Am In Love With A Sickler And I Want To Marry Her / Young 200 Level AAU Medicine Student Dies After Complaining Of Headache / Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.