Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,915 members, 7,799,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Setting Up A Wireless Camera - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Setting Up A Wireless Camera (583 Views)

How To Create A Wireless Hotspot On A Computer / Can I Make My Starcomms Izap Modem A Wireless Hotspot Without A Wireless Router / How To Browse Free With Pc Using Your Fone As A Wireless Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Setting Up A Wireless Camera by crystaldar: 12:31pm On Jul 23, 2014
To set up a network camera for wireless (WiFi) access, you will first have to temporarily connect it to a wired Ethernet network in order to configure the camera's wireles settings.

Connect the camera to your Ethernet switch or router, and follow the intructions given in Setting up network cameras. Remember to disconnect the camera once you have finished setting it up, as many cameras will not connect wirelessly unless you do this.

In addition to assigning a manual IP address to the camera, you will need to enter information about your wireless network, such as the following:

Read: www.crystalhills.org/product
Re: Setting Up A Wireless Camera by lagosfun: 11:44am On Aug 10, 2014
I don't think it's good idea to setup the wireless IP camera system.
The reason as below:
1. Wireless transmission with scope limitation. Typically the WiFi only can cover 5/10 meters away with obstacles.
2. Even it's wireless transmission, but this doesn't mean it's complete wireless. You still need to use the power cable.

My suggestion is you can use the PoE solution. The power over ethernet technology can allow you setup an IP surveillance system with minimum IP infrastructure investment. The PoE can allow camera transmit both the data and power through single Ethernet cable.

[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDlJXb2QCu4[/youtube]

(1) (Reply)

Observation / [brand New] X-tal I-pad With External Keyboard @ #25k / Get Free Dongle Modem + 100MB Monthly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.