Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Why I Don't Trust The World Powers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Don't Trust The World Powers (433 Views)

Why Buhari Does Not Trust The DSS / Jonathan Accuses Buhari Of Gay Pledge To World Powers Over Election / The World Powers Have Decided The Nigerian Elections Winner. It Is Not GEJ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Trust The World Powers by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 23, 2014
These world powers have not been able to act as any world power. All they do is make things worse. USA funding Isreal in attacking Palestine.

If you check the history of Nigeria during the civil war, they foolishly played a part in dividing rather than uniting.

Below is an excerpt from wiki on civil war in Nigeria;

The UK-which still maintained the highest level of
influence over Nigeria's highly-valued oil
industry through Shell-BP -[3] and the Soviet
Union supported (especially militarily) the
Nigerian government while Canada and France
helped the Biafrans.

So imagine the division, UK helping the Nigerian govt against Biafra(Nigeria people) while Canada and France helping the Biafra against the Nigeria government! I'm sure UK only helped the Nigerian govt because of the interest in our 'OIL'.

Where is the sense to this? And our colonials 'Britain' where were they?

Nigerians are strong and smart people. Fighting ourselves is just a huge shame, whether politically, ethnically or religiously. Nigeria can be more than giant of Africa. We have everything we need to be great, we just lack one thing; good leadership.

These white people we look up to or try to immitate are more messed up than we think. We can do better!
Re: Why I Don't Trust The World Powers by Mendo007(m): 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
it's in d bible its all signs of the end time. all these are happening in to prepare the for the Antichrist who could wanna act like the saviour that all
everything u c now r all written in the holy book.
!

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Trust The World Powers by oggy89: 1:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
Impeachment against Shettima would not work – Speaker, House of Assembly

Read more at TODAY: http://www.today.ng/politics/impeachment-against-shettima-would-not-work-speaker-house-of-assembly/
Re: Why I Don't Trust The World Powers by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2014
@op am glad a lady is thinking outside the box. I have read a bit of classic warfare and espionage so I can at least lend a view to what is happening. All world powers are concerned about themselves only and are constantly fighting for supremacy amongst themselves, and you will agree with me that there 2 basic ways to be ontop: 1) make sure no one comes to the top, that's why u see them befriending promising 3rd world nations like nigeria. Except these 3rd world nations become smart by: a)cutting down on aids. You see these superpowers plunge 3rd world nations into debt and make them economically weak by excess freebies in the name of assistance. Later got to dash.

(1) (Reply)

Allege Case Of Ebola Virus In Lagos;liberian Undergoes Test For Ebola In Lagos / I Will Run For Senate-victor Umeh / Lagos Govt Seeks For Volunteers To Fight Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.