Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,923 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:33 AM

The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination (12667 Views)

Etymology Of Yoruba Greetings / Origin And History Of Anambra Towns / Etymology Of The Word Oyinbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by lyntiffany(f): 7:11am On Jul 24, 2014
Shady98: op ur wrong oo!! according to my ps2 assassination started from a man named ezio-the executioner who was based in Rome,nd killed people for a living..infact legend has it that he personally trained the silent assasin HIT MAN Google ASSASINS CREED.
even oga tradelyn would back me up
Your sooo wrong @op is right pls try to get a book on that it will clarify you.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2014
lyntiffany: Your sooo wrong @op is right pls try to get a book on that it will clarify you.
humour babe, humour...jus fooling around.
how ya
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by lyntiffany(f): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2014
tuffgongjo: a little details also can be found in Dan Brown's Demons and Angels.
Your right, Dan Brown's angels and demons said it all. He even talked about how the word Satan came to be. So many things he revealed there, it's an eye opener grab a copy and I bet you, you will be glad you did.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 24, 2014
Emmy3: Note:
It wasn't a Mohammedan religious movement...

It's in you. undecided
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by generalstingz(m): 7:33am On Jul 24, 2014
lomaxx: From the names, we know who the culprits are.

Seems you don't understand what "etymology" of words means....its not too late to pick up ur dico
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by hushmail: 7:37am On Jul 24, 2014
whats dis?

Country dey burn and dis tory dey make FP?

Diaris god oooo!
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by successking401(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2014
It's a nice piece.was a bit informative anyway!
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by lomaxx: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2014
generalstingz:

Seems you don't understand what "etymology" of words means....its not too late to pick up ur dico

Haha...I struck a nerve.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by nkpommpko(m): 7:51am On Jul 24, 2014
Famouspecky: [b][/b]Am so new @Nairaland, Like me if u love me
love you that what happened?
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by datkoded(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2014
ibrutex: Hmmm, thought Shakespear invented that word ! undecided
My guy take handshake... was about saying dat now.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by dammyjay93(m): 8:26am On Jul 24, 2014
tuffgongjo: were u not loved when u were small?
angry grin grin grin evul!
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by tuffgongjo(m): 8:30am On Jul 24, 2014
dammyjay93: angry grin grin grin evul!
no be say I don spoil your market sha?
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by rigarmortis: 8:41am On Jul 24, 2014
assassin is from the Arabic word hashashin with means eaters of hashish...

the sheik al jabal also known as the man of the mountains recruited men into his sect and fed them with hash and other unknown substances, some say he even hypnotised them.

this is because when these men come out on a mission, they don't mind getting killed in the process as long as a killed their target.

other ppl theorize that his strategy include, about a month or two of drunken orgy which include drugs/hashish, women and a paradise like setting, on the last day, they individual is made to sleep, when he wakes he wakes up in a dirty cloth and unkempt and hungry condition, no drugs, girls, wine..nothing, he is then promised that when he comes back from the mission he will be reintroduced to the events, if however he dies....same awaits him in heaven. the individuals go on their missions in a dogged trance like state, as if the are out of their mind....which they are...they are relentless and even seek death.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by chioma4us: 8:42am On Jul 24, 2014

Lol its the same here.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Chuxserve(m): 8:51am On Jul 24, 2014
tomsongz: I won't comment till I do my research
. Good one.me too
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Dharhe(m): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2014
Ass.......as.......in
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by cooljoe(m): 10:18am On Jul 24, 2014
@famouspecky. Fink v seen u somwhere or maybe ur pic. Do u know one Ruth Bala(Arjuma)
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by lorRhyMeZ: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2014
akunjohn: 85% ofAssassination and suicide bombing are linked to a particular religion all over the world.

Do u know what Kamikaze is?
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by cheddahboy(m): 10:33am On Jul 24, 2014
lil wayne put ASS in ASSASSIN... formerly it was A SSIN.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Elebiju: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2014
tuffgongjo: were u not loved when u were small?
ask her o my brother.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Charlesgodwin90(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2014
tuffgongjo: a little details also can be found in Dan Brown's Demons and Angels.
u correct guy, u no miss road. Dt buk angels nd demon gat me rollin. Dans brown masterpieces after da vinci code
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Illstillkill(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2014
undecided
Shady98: op ur wrong oo!! according to my ps2 assassination started from a man named ezio-the executioner who was based in Rome,nd killed people for a living..infact legend has it that he personally trained the silent assasin HIT MAN Google ASSASINS CREED.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Elebiju: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2014
Are you an orphan? as in olara oleyan.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Illstillkill(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2014
undecidedDis s y i kill pple i gues
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by chimexdnice1(m): 11:59am On Jul 24, 2014

U so cute###thumbs up###
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by fckmn24seg(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2014

omo becareful here ooo, guys for NL are randy, enjoy your self sha
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
[quote author=danex67]During the late 1000's a Persian called Hasan founded a Mohammedan religious Order. They were mystics and took drugs, and they murdered their enemies. The Order was tightly disciplined. In 1090 Hasan made his headquarters in Khorassan in a castle called Alamut, which meant the Eagle's Nest.
Hasan and his followers were called Sheikh-el-jebel, the 'Old Man of the Mountains' to Europeans. Hasan's followers were called Hashshashin, hashish-eaters, which became Assassins in English. Assassination means murdering for religious or political reasons.
The Assassins had an active headquarters in Syria and many secret branches. They were opposed to the religious views of most rulers of the Mohammedan world. For 150 years they terrorized the Middle East with religious and political murders. Even Saladin was unable to destroy them. They often allied with the European Crusaders against their fellow religionists. Only in 1255 was their power ended. Assassinations have been committed in almost every country.
Source: Herver Junior World Encyclopedia.[/quote
R
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
danex67: During the late 1000's a Persian called Hasan founded a Mohammedan religious Order. They were mystics and took drugs, and they murdered their enemies. The Order was tightly disciplined. In 1090 Hasan made his headquarters in Khorassan in a castle called Alamut, which meant the Eagle's Nest.
Hasan and his followers were called Sheikh-el-jebel, the 'Old Man of the Mountains' to Europeans. Hasan's followers were called Hashshashin, hashish-eaters, which became Assassins in English. Assassination means murdering for religious or political reasons.
The Assassins had an active headquarters in Syria and many secret branches. They were opposed to the religious views of most rulers of the Mohammedan world. For 150 years they terrorized the Middle East with religious and political murders. Even Saladin was unable to destroy them. They often allied with the European Crusaders against their fellow religionists. Only in 1255 was their power ended. Assassinations have been committed in almost every country.
Source: Herver Junior World Encyclopedia.
Effective tools by the Roman's Brutus squared with Old Julius Ceaser, Bola Ifeoma, Rewan
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Jamesbrian: 7:52am On Jul 25, 2014
If you've read Angels and Demons, you'll certainly know this.
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Damyion(m): 8:26am On Jul 25, 2014
#notjustok.com
Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Damyion(m): 8:28am On Jul 25, 2014
tsolz84: Must you comment?Allah Akbar
I told him o... *shaking*

1 Like

Re: The Origin And Etymology Of Assassination by Damyion(m): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2014
tomsongz: I won't comment till I do my research
... Then you will never comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olori Wuraola Honoured As The Grand Patroness Of Market Women In Idanre LG / What Is The Yoruba Name Of Almond Leaves / Finally! The Igbo Languages And Proto-Igbo Reconstructions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.