Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

*****SCENARIO 75***** - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / *****SCENARIO 75***** (33973 Views)

My Classic First Love Scenario And The Unwanted End (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by LogoDWhiz(m): 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2014
@daveP. Lol. Was only guessing.
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2014
Cheriepet:

been fyn n gud n all is well...
davey no allow me call ur name again beta come update now or ........
okay

erm i know..... U finish me in d boxing ring........a few minutes ......

Typing.......
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2014
CONTINUATION

DEDICATED TO CHARIJEE

===============================

Dupe woke early that Saturday morning. Its been a week since she last heard from her son, Bolu. She wished they were opportuned to meet, but school took that option off his mind, even though they both yearned for it. His father wasnt aware of their constant keep-ups and since Bolu wasnt around home the last two years, it gave his ample chance to do just that.

Ten years since she chose to silently walk away from the marriage had been emotionally tough for her. She found an apartment in Abuja after Gbemi, her best friend assisted. Work took her to the Country's Capital, and she focussed so hard on it to forget the mess that brought about her predicament. Her work Colleagues noticed her mood on some occasions, but she was applauded from her contributions to the Company in which she played the role of Co-Auditor.

Admirers came from different angles to woo her away, but she chased them off with anger. It wasnt enough to make the loverboys from making attempts for her during her six-year stay in the Capital Territory. Close to her mid-forties, she could be mistaken for a young lady in her late-twenties. This turned on men in general- her youthful look.

Her eldest sister checked on her often, and encouraged her to try talking it out with her begruntled husband, but everytime she tried making the move, work called. Brussels today, Stockholm tomorrow, Edinburgh, etc. She hated these trips even if they awed her colleagues. Even the holiday trip planned by the Company to Melbourne, far away in Australia could only take out a little of the hidden happiness that she had in her. She had just few pictures to prove it.

Then, Big Larry came around. Big Larry was based in the company's Lagos branch, but was transferred over. The entire staff were familiar with him, even before his arrival. He was tall and yet carried a pot-belly, earning him the name- Big Larry. His romantic air and attitude just couldnt stop temptation from befallen Dupe's female colleagues. He frowned a while, but was soon smiling, melting hearts instantly, or those that wanted to melt at his smiles, because his male colleagues saw him as a pain in the butt, a womaniser. But not to forget also, he was the Boss- Big Larry.

Song: Dipo- Be your Man

2 Likes

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 9:34pm On Aug 13, 2014
Dipo- I can be your man.....

How many bata you go wear,

How many bags you wan buy,

Anything you want make you tell me,

I'm Oladipupo, I can be your man

What kind of food do you eat,

Se Iyan lo fe at' egusi [ egusii]

Anything you want make you tell me,

I'm Oladipupo, I can be your man.

So do like what you see,

I'm the type of mugu that can pay your bills

Anything you want, just let me know,

I'm Oladipupo, I can be your man

[ Chorus]

That is why i say La la la la

My love would never die [ die die die ]

If you want me i go tryyyy,

Baby I'll make it worth.

So when i say do you fell my Pill

She say Oladipupo i dey fell you Pill,

Anything you want you can tell me,

I'm Oladipupo I can be your man [ baby i can be your man ]

Thank you smiley
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by LogoDWhiz(m): 9:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
@DaveP, who is oladipupo?

Nice story. But its short..

Should we expect more?
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by Cheriepet: 9:59pm On Aug 13, 2014
dave dats too short haba na so we plan amsad....?

weldone sweetheart n tanks for d dedication to CJ
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 11:53am On Aug 14, 2014
LogoDWhiz: @DaveP, who is oladipupo?

Nice story. But its short..

Should we expect more?

expect - yes

its a short part of the song i put there
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2014
Cheriepet: dave dats too short haba na so we plan amsad....?

weldone sweetheart n tanks for d dedication to CJ
smiley il will update longer soon. Thanks.
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by Cheriepet: 12:03pm On Aug 14, 2014
daveP: smiley il will update longer soon. Thanks.

U're wc... have a 9ce daysmiley

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2014
daveP: smiley il will update longer soon. Thanks.
ride on bro.still dey ur bk
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:37pm On Aug 14, 2014
daveP:

expect - yes

its a short part of the song i put there

Okay.. No prob..

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 12:55pm On Aug 14, 2014
missyhorlah: ride on bro.still dey ur bk
hmm, i want you in my front, enough of back.

Formerly sir, and now it is bro...... Whats d next one?

Thanks anyways
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 12:56pm On Aug 14, 2014
Cheriepet:

U're wc... have a 9ce daysmiley
smiley
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by charijee(f): 7:48pm On Aug 14, 2014
Wow!!! Dedicated to me!!
Thanks daveP...keep up the nice work

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by lalasticlala(m): 7:53pm On Aug 14, 2014
davep well done o

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by Temmytayo20(f): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2014
I was here sir! *Following*

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by lekinz(m): 11:07am On Aug 15, 2014
Just passing by !!!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 15, 2014
Welldone DaveP

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2014
charijee: Wow!!! Dedicated to me!!
Thanks daveP...keep up the nice work
smiley
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 12:02pm On Aug 15, 2014
lalasticlala: davep well done o
bros i don dey fear dis 'weldones' o im good.
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 12:19pm On Aug 15, 2014
IfyAngela: Welldone DaveP
im coming o (scatches head) smiley

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 5:10pm On Aug 15, 2014
CONTINUATION.......

DEDICATED TO BANEGA

As she drove through the metropolis, the streetlights still on she became afraid as thoughts of how her kids would react on seeing her. What would go through their minds? Especially Louis and Helen? Reunion of this sort were not always predictable, however close those involved were. She might be seen as a mother, or a stranger, a loser, a coward!

A bus conductor swore at her for her driving as the bus sped past her. These Volkswagen buses aka Danfo, were just not respecters of anybody. Stay clear if you wanted no disturbance. Except you wanted to replace time with fits of anger and abusive vocabulary, which only you understood when fighting them.

She remembered the call conversation between her Father-in-law. He didnt seem to be enjoying their non-efforts at reconciliation. She needed to get back up and shake off remorse, bitterness, replacing it with love, forgiveness.

" I know you did wrong Dupe, even as i wouldnt take such actions from you on a normal day. You left on your own, and its ten years and not one effort from you both to end this this mess? That is uncalled for. " He said

" Ola have been faithful , and i applaud him for that, for not taking another wife in the process. This would have ruined everything you two have sweated out with your blood. Your children need you in their lives now, and not later. Ola needs you, even if his body language is saying the opposite. " He went on and she remembered the call lasted Thirty minutes.

An incoming call cut short her line of thoughts and she saw it was her boss- Big Larry. Why wouldnt he let her be, she thought. He was gathering ground about her and this was usual for a married man. He kept throwing romantic traps at will.

" Good morning Sir. The day's yet to begin." She said calmly.

" Hmm Dupe, stop calling me 'sir'. Well this is about me, about us. Cant we just talk this out. Stop being madam remorseful. I can be exactly what you need at this tough time in your life."

" Im trying hard in mending up my life in a way you wouldnt understand. I prefer we keep it at a boss- employee level, Its.......... "

" Absolutely fine. He interrupted excitingly. But do remember, Biggg Larry is going to be waiting to spice up your life, your boring life. Dont be blind to see the light at the end of the tunnel Dupe. And dont let all my cards, text messages be in vain. You might not find another romantic boy like me. " The call ended.

Big Larry!! The randy boss! He even referred to himself as a boy. She thought as she rounded off a road joint. She wasnt ready to fall for his gimmicks.

As she approached her former home, she discovered the street wore a new look. The once bushy landscape was now occupied with houses on both sides. She looked at the time. It read 7:01 AM, she was almost an hour early for the family meeting. Then she became aware of the sky-blue lace- cloth she wore that morning. She packed a few metres far from the compound and walked in.

As she walked in, a tall gentleman in black singlet-wear and shorts was washing a Lexus Jeep. She remembered the Jeep and in seconds, her mind moved faster than she anticipated. It arrived at one conclusion..... " Bolu, Boluwatife! " She Blurted out nervously.

The tall gentleman alertedly raised his head and dropped the water hose and Brush he held instantly. That same moment she removed her glasses and stood, both of them shocked as though by Thunder.

---------------------------------------------------

" Erm, erm. " was the only words Bolu could utter. He ran........

Song: Tupac- Dear Mama

4 Likes

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by lekinz(m): 12:06am On Aug 16, 2014
Thumbs up bro ...

U re doing a great job here

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by LogoDWhiz(m): 12:18am On Aug 16, 2014
Wow.. This is awesome..

More of this bro.

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2014
CONTINUATION......

Bolu ran into her arms and almost carried his mum. He held tightly to her as she wept silently. Three minutes passed before he released her and looked into her eyes. Then a tear dropped. He spied Zakari smiling from a distance, watching silently, yet excited.

" Bolu! Bolu, make sure you.... " His dad was about dashing instructions from the balcony, but stopped short when he saw them. Louis ran behind his father and out of rare excitement leapt from the balcony into Bolu's arms who caught him expertly. His dad and mum both screamed ' LOUIS!!! ' as he jumped. He didnt bother, afterall his dream was happening live before his very eyes. He ran into her arms and she shed tears of joy. Mr Ola was still in a daze from the jump that just occured a few seconds ago. It seemed like his two sons planned it, maybe even practised it when he wasnt around. He walked in to tell them all that she had arrived. Then he went in to prepare for the day, his heart pounding fast.

" Where's Helen? " She asked.

" I'm here mum. "

" Come here, come here! Oh my...."

Helen with little reluctance walked into her long-lost mum's embrace. Her thoughts would later unravel.

------------------------------------------------

Mr Ola dug through his wardrobe to prepare after having a shower, then he remembered all his clothes were not yet washed. He had to chose between two pairs of cloth to wear now- THE SKY-BLUE BUBA AND SORO or his old-looking relaxation wear.

HE didnt want to send the wrong message that this had been planned beforehand, Bose! Bose!

Bose got in and was queried why his clothes werent ready. She reminded him that he told her to leave it till after the meeting. Then he frustratingly agreed. Bose went through his wardrobe and saw the only cloth on the hanger- she smiled. How providence has a way of setting up events!

Dupe walked in after a short silent prayer at the door front. She met the living room partially full. She greeted them all and they warmly returned it as well. Seems the atmosphere was different from the usual ' scold her well' kind she experienced when she was a yound girl. She spoke with Bose afterwards and later on, her senior sister called to inform of her arrival. She came in just as Mr Ola came out from the room dressed in exactly the same wear as Dupe. She stood in a shock. Granpa looked shocked to. So were those around likewise. Only Bose didnt. She walked on to continue with her duties and smiled to herself. She definitely had this planned perfectly. The meeting began fifteen minutes later after pleasantries and prayers were offered.

Song: Obimo-My heart

3 Likes

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 19, 2014
Waiting patiently

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by lekinz(m): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2014
In Ryback's voice ..."Feed me more "...

1 Like

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by charijee(f): 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Guy you dey try wella. .....i appreciate your efforts. ...keep loading it
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by Cheriepet: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
so it is now time for reunion eh? but davey was d blue uniform planned or just a coincidence?

waiting for more
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:15am On Aug 20, 2014
I think you should close the space between words and the quotes.

e.g ...seems the atmosphere was different from the usual 'scold her well'
...instead of your ' scold her well '

and

"who are we expecting, dad?" Louis asked.
...Instead of your, " who are we expecting, dad? "

Also, me thinks you don't supply us explanations and full details of some events in the story(since you are an omniscient narratorwink)

An example is,
Her father smiled and agreed that sleep must be served its purpose. It made his reminisce his University days in Ibadan.
------------------------------------------
Baba Luku, the bus driver relied heavily on his gin to stay awake that fateful day. Mr Ola sat beside him at the front. The driver dozed on several occasions during the 3-hour journey from Lagos to Ibadan. His eyes doth faileth him!!
you only told us the bolded, the "-----" and the past event that happened.(I'd thought you were introducing a new character-Baba Luku)

I guess you believed we would understand it's a flashback.
But, I think you should have put it in some way like,
He smiled and agreed that sleep must be served it's purpose. It made him remember one of his University days in Ibadan.

He was leaving the town to pay one his friends a visit. He boarded a bus and took a seat beside the driver...
then you give us the account of Baba Luku.

also,
He hastingly opened the door and the Mallam fell straight into his weak arms. He wasnt smiling ! He also had fainted.
you didn't remember to tell us what happened next.(you skipped that to the next part of the story)
I mean, how he left the scene, recovered from his flashback and got back to the present.

...my little observations though.

Interesting story, bro. smiley

3 Likes

Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 12:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: I think you should close the space between words and the quotes.

e.g ...seems the atmosphere was different from the usual 'scold her well'
...instead of your ' scold her well '

and

"who are we expecting, dad?" Louis asked.
...Instead of your, " who are we expecting, dad? "

Also, me thinks you don't supply us explanations and full details of some events in the story(since you are an omniscient narratorwink)

An example is,
you only told us the bolded, the "-----" and the past event that happened.(I'd thought you were introducing a new character-Baba Luku)

I guess you believed we would understand it's a flashback.
But, I think you should have put it in some way like,
He smiled and agreed that sleep must be served it's purpose. It made him remember one of his University days in Ibadan.

He was leaving the town to pay one his friends a visit. He boarded a bus and took a seat beside the driver...
then you give us the account of Baba Luku.

also,you didn't remember to tell us what happened next.(you skipped that to the next part of the story)
I mean, how he left the scene, recovered from his flashback and got back to the present.

...my little observations though.

Interesting story, bro. smiley
wow thanks bro, improving as time goes by. the prince has spoken! smiley
Re: *****SCENARIO 75***** by daveP(m): 6:12pm On Aug 21, 2014
CONTINUATION

The meeting started quite well. Some reminisced happy memories. Then the eldest of the big family, Louis' grandfather opened the matter on ground about Ola and his estranged wife- Dupe. He went as far as recounting how they met, got together and eventually started a family until the night he heard of their sketchy seperation.

Dupe felt and looked scared each time she caught Ola's glance and vice versa. The shocking fact was that they wore the exact, same cloth and colour which made them both uncomfortable. Her elder sister then spoke in place of their mum that was yet to arrive. She emphasized on why Ola should take back his wife and stop the childish attitudes they displayed over ten years. Heads nodded in agreement, a few others sneered at her contribution. They werent here to make matters easier, thus they interjected cunningly between deliberations. They werent in support of a woman defiling her matrimonial bed and then forsake all in the name of self pity.

Dupe marked them with her eyes and kept them in check.

Bolu, Louis, and Helen were ordered to keep indoors till the deliberation finished. How long was uncertain. Doing nothing, and again within a restricted space was just not fun to them. Bolu later suggested they sneak out to the football field in their area. They arrived the already busy field and mixed up to enjoy the game.

Ola soon opened up when he was beckoned to speak. He revealed a decade-long hurt. It could be call the 'Hall of Pain' as he dissected her shortcomings till the room kept silent. It was obviously painful to him. Dupe was already in tears. She didnt need a remembrance of her faults. Humans were generally all guilty of fault. Why would Ola take that to discuss on? Then Ola changed 'gear' .

"That night, i reacted just the way any man would have. I resulted to doing what i detested- drinking. I never enjoyed it. Were it a stranger i caught you with, perhaps my hurt would have been less. But Bayo!" He stood up and faced the wall "Why and How?"

"If you strived harder to take my mind off my ever busy schedule, it might have paid off. But no, you gave up easily. The primetime you needed from me, you you gave up. Just i doubt you would have taken the direction you did...... Bayo's."

Ola strode to her back and leaned on her seat looking up. Those around couldnt understand his impromptu action yet. Granpa was seen biting his nails. He only did that whenever he was uncomfortable. Ola continued.....

"As a mother, you could wrestle one or two of the kids from me. But you left all. Did you think I would have filed for a divorce? Was this line of action in anticipation of your coming back, perhaps as a hero? Or it was a premonition that i could better handle them all? Was this a sign that you still trusted me after you took that decision to leave?

Or rather still, a decoy to have some fresh air to shape me to be the man you wanted afterall? I wish it was!" He leaned over to look her in her eyes. She couldnt return the gaze. Then he switched to speaking his dialect-Yoruba.

"We built an empire our size, you left me remorseful to gather the rules, make decisions. I'm a man, its possible i could survive. But not without the woman of my dreams besides me. Helen no doubt needed you the most." She turned at the mention of her daughter's name. Ola had hit a cord. "Louis, Bolu!"

Throats cleared, but Ola continued. His throat felt dry as well and he cleared it as well. He scanned faces to register agreement, or otherwise. His uncle nodded back at him.

Ola continued and soon Granpa signalled for him to stop. He was already making his aged father the more uncomfortable. Then Dupe interjected...

"But Ola!"

"Dupe!"

Song- Kci and Jojo- Tell me its real

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Parents And Brothers Pictured In Baltimore / The First Day I Tried To Kill A Chicken / Chimamanda Adichie Praises Her Daughter In Igbo Language & She Replies (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.