Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,302 members, 7,780,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:07 PM

How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari (4522 Views)

How I Escaped Assassination –president Muhammad Buhari / NASS Crisis: How I Escaped Abduction — Saraki / Obasanjo: “How I Escaped Being Ritually-Killed With 7 Heads Of Cattle” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Scout60(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2014
Sloan:

JonaBokoHaramLuck Goatluck is really desperate to remain president despite that everything is collapsing right under his watch! He has 1000 prominent Nigerians on his hit list and General Buhari is top 10 of that list! Thunder will fire this JonaBokoHaram president goatluck.
Go nd down......
He just did this part well.
First, he accuse gej.
Second, he instructed his boys to pretend assassin so as to accuse gej.
Charity becomes at home. As a national leader, let him instruct northern govt to develop north and he fight corruption with his power as apc leaders first then south will support him.
Foolish northernistan alias boko.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SonofMan06: 1:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Ibnsultan: Evil ones have failed. Killing GMB would have thrown these Nation into serious chaos. Violences doesn't pay
Boko Haram wanted General Buhari dead for his failure to finance their terror activities this month.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SonofMan06: 1:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
ayukdaboss: I read on this forum some days ago that one of the reasons PDP created Boko Haram (that's if they actually did) is for them to carry out acts like this (eliminate political threats) and hide under the cloak of Boko Haram. I think I'm beginning to understand better. All those claiming Buhari acted this up...I don't see any reason why Buhari would just act such a scene that was 100% life threatening to him. No be Nollywood be this O wey you go die wake up later cheesy
General Buhari is a chief financier of Boko Haram. He defaulted on his payment to the terror group this month - hence the assassination attempt.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SonofMan06: 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
ratiken: Stupid extremist claiming non-involvement.
Buhari is trying too hard to dissociate himself from terrorism by stage managing an attack.

Its too late to claim holy, baboons and dogs are already soaking in blood.
Thank you for your well-informed view my dear.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SonofMan06: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
brownlords:

Nonsense, if he had paid the price in that drama he acted, nothing will happen, tomorrow press we shout GEJ, next day life continue. How is buhari's life better than thousands that have died through bomb blast?
General Buhari is a chief
financier of Boko
Haram. He defaulted on
his payment to the
terror group this month
- hence the assassination attempt. Be enlightened.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SonofMan06: 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
MaziOmenuko: Gradually, this country is disintegrating! We refuse to see things as they are; rather, we cloak our eyes with politics!

Over 200 girls were kidnapped and we say it was staged.
Bombs are going off daily killing innocent people and we say its anti-gej, pdp, apc!

This country is under siege!

Thank God for the life of General Buhari. I wonder what would have happened up North if the boko guys succeeded in killing him.
But that is not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that General Buhari is a chief
financier of Boko
Haram. He defaulted on
his payment to the
terror group this month
- hence the assassination attempt. They want that as a lesson to be learnt by General Buhari's ilk - Alhaji Tinubu, General Babangida, Governor Aregbesola, Senator Saraki, Governor Yuguda - in case they are led astray by the temptation to one day default.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by 7lives: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chylo: A lot of children here don't know what a BOMB BLAST is like. Many of you are still in fool's paradise, you don't know your country is gradually becoming like Sudan.

How can normal human being say somebody plan this against himself? Are you alright upstairs?

These are mostly rabies infested PDP e-dogs and monkeys so you should understand.
Since this is suppose to be a drama, I am quietly waiting for Jona's escape from bomb at least this will win more sympathy for Jona too. Idiots.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
SonofMan06: General Buhari is a chief
financier of Boko
Haram. He defaulted on
his payment to the
terror group this month
- hence the assassination attempt. Be enlightened.

You be correct man when dey shine hin eye well-well.

Oracle don answer say you go chook NEW toto throughout this week, as ya reward concern. .
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by abacus(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Jakumo:

I never fail to thank anyone who quotes my humble writing, and you are no exception sir. May you conquer much fresh puszy along the road of life.

Taking you serious? Never!! You are on your own.

Quoting you again? am afraid, but this should not make you a super star..
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
abacus:

Taking you serious? Never!! You are on your own.

Quoting you again? am afraid, but this should not make you a super star..

You no even thank me for my prayer. Anyway Diariz God, and ALL publicity na GOOD publicity.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by ayukdaboss(m): 1:08am On Jul 25, 2014
SonofMan06: General Buhari is a chief financier of Boko Haram. He defaulted on his payment to the terror group this month - hence the assassination attempt.

Are you for real?? Chai...NIGERIANS sha! undecided

So assuming they killed Buhari for that purpose, who would have taken over the sponsorship of Boko Haram? You abi? cheesy

You people allow ignorance to blind you. Google the photos of Buhari's damaged convoy, look at the bullet holes on the cars, the wreckage surrounding the scene. Then come and tell me if you can stage that kind of scene. That's not an American film bro or cheap animation. That's some real life SH1T man. Real bombs....Real bullets..
real explosion...Real damage. Can you play that kinda drama even if you're paid? undecided

GET REAL BRO grin
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 6:15am On Jul 25, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Are you for real?? Chai...NIGERIANS sha! undecided

So assuming they killed Buhari for that purpose, who would have taken over the sponsorship of Boko Haram? You abi? cheesy

You people allow ignorance to blind you. Google the photos of Buhari's damaged convoy, look at the bullet holes on the cars, the wreckage surrounding the scene. Then come and tell me if you can stage that kind of scene. That's not an American film bro or cheap animation. That's some real life SH1T man. Real bombs....Real bullets..
real explosion...Real damage. Can you play that kinda drama even if you're paid? undecided

GET REAL BRO grin

The damage to Ayatollah Buhari's armored car was minimal, and the vehicle was only brought to a stop because the owner was too brain-dead to install run-flat inserts in all four tires, so that even if all four tires were flattened, the car would have been able to drive at 60 mph for another hour.

No single rifle round penetrated the windows of the terror gang leader's vehicle, and the few token shots fired even appeared to have been deliberately aimed at the most heavily armored panels of the SUV, so as to reduce the chances of a round penetrating the passenger compartment and killing the dim-witted organizer of the whole charade.

So yes sir indeed, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden orchestrated the whole fake ambush scenario, in order to garner sympathy that he fails to realize will never be forthcoming to a mass murdering terrorist attack instigator and financier of his ilk.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by ayukdaboss(m): 1:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Jakumo:

The damage to Ayatollah Buhari's armored car was minimal, and the vehicle was only brought to a stop because the owner was too brain-dead to install run-flat inserts in all four tires, so that even if all four tires were flattened, the car would have been able to drive at 60 mph for another hour.

No single rifle round penetrated the windows of the terror gang leader's vehicle, and the few token shots fired even appeared to have been deliberately aimed at the most heavily armored panels of the SUV, so as to reduce the chances of a round penetrating the passenger compartment and killing the dim-witted organizer of the whole charade.

So yes sir indeed, Ayatollah Buhari Bin Laden orchestrated the whole fake ambush scenario, in order to garner sympathy that he fails to realize will never be forthcoming to a mass murdering terrorist attack instigator and financier of his ilk.

Forgive my ignorance...A bullet hitting the fuel tank direct causes an immediate explosion. True or False?? Im not sure if those places are well protected too.

Bro...nobody plays such rough play anymore please. What of the bomb that exploded near his convoy? Will you collect 10m Naira to allow a knockout explode in your pocket?? (neglect your current financial status please).
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
[size=18pt]Buharinomics - General Buhari’s economic program marshaled out to salvage the nation in 1984 [/size]

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5720:is-general-buhari-the-problem-with-nigeria&catid=36:pointblank&Itemid=83

Buharinomics was General Buhari’s economic program marshaled out to salvage the nation in 1984. He summarized the objective of his economic policy (as articulated in the 1984 budget) as follows: "To arrest the decline in the economy, to put the economy on a proper course of recovery and solvency, and to chart a future course for economic stability and prosperity" (West Africa, May 14, 1984). He had previously done similarly, in March while receiving the visiting Sudanese President, Gaafar Nimeiri. Upon his inquiring of what the new military government had in mind for the nation it then ruled, Buhari said to him: "The priority [of his administration] is for economic recovery, providing employment opportunities, improving people's living conditions, consolidating internal security and ensuring foreign respect" (Africa Now, March 1984). In a nutshell, Buharinomics set out to arrest the decline in the economy and refocus it towards recovery. Buharinomics was to wean the nation off consumerism and profligacy, while channeling it towards frugality and productivity. To accomplish this, the government was to cut down on its expenditure, engage in more efficient restricting and controlling of foreign exchange outflow, undertake the revival of the country's productive capacity (concentration was on agriculture), and broaden government's revenue base.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/635156_Buhari_jpgd50be5e2308ebe86c9271391021b0a5f
The first test of Buharinomics was implemented to revive the comatose banking industry and arrest local currency hoarding. In April 1984, the government ordered a change in the color of the Naira. This action was dubbed the “real coup” by unscrupulous business men and politicians who had almost eliminated the need for commercial banking in Nigeria by keeping their moneys under their mattresses or by trafficking them into neighboring West African countries. This currency change, which forced all holders of the naira notes into exchanging them for the new naira notes at commercial banks, infused billions that had remained unaccounted for into the banking industry and eliminated counterfeited currencies, which had inflicted inflationary and other nefarious effects on the economy. This measure had an immediate revitalizing effect in the banking industry and was an unqualified success. Banks that were close to collapsing became vibrant again, to the extent that some of them began to hire hitherto unemployed Nigerians.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/635893_Gen__Buhari_jpg3932850d15a62856c902dd8cc516cff9
To cut down on government expenses, the federal work force was cut by 30% and imports for 1984 pegged at 4 billion pounds (mostly on basic foodstuffs, spare parts, and raw materials for local industries), against 14 billion pounds spent in 1983. To ensure that Nigeria remained respectable on the international business world, Buhari committed to honoring Nigeria’s debt payment schedule irrespective of the limited earning potential of Nigeria. In August 1984, Buhari was on one of his meet-the-people nationwide tours, which he began as soon as the administration got on its feet. Everywhere he went, the people embraced him, coming out en mass and ushering him tumultuous cheers and unreserved applause. In one of his speeches to the people (this one in Owerri), he reiterated Nigeria’s commitment to honoring its debts, the dire economic situation notwithstanding. "The task of this administration is how to persuade Nigerians to understand that for a number of years to come, we would be paying debts, the roads may be long and thorny but we believe that on our shoulders lies the responsibility to save our fatherland from devastation that has resulted from mismanagement" (Newswatch, February 18, 1985).
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/635886_Gen__Buhari_-_Armed_Forces_Day_jpgae96a40b5e2050b6d582cd44f4943800[/img]
Buhari could not have been any more correct in his statement above. Assuming Nigeria took no further loans, its breakdown of loan repayments was as follows: 3.9 billion naira ($4.4 billion) in 1985, 3.7 billion naira ($4.19 billion) in 1986, 2.8 billion naira ($3.2 billion) in 1987, until a decrease to 703 million in 1991 (Concord Weekly, May 6, 1985). Nigeria’s precarious financial situation made it impossible for it to finance capital projects and meet up its balance of payment obligations. With oil export pegged at 1.3 million barrels per day by OPEC, borrowing from external sources became necessary. To this effect, Nigeria proposed borrowing 1.795m naira to finance its capital project from the IMF. The patriotism with which General Buhari handled Nigeria’s dealings with the IMF was the highlight and beauty of Buharinomics.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/635887_General_Muhammadu-Buhari-1984_jpg807fb78f1366f42744d90196f32d264e[/img]
In order to qualify for the loan, IMF gave Nigeria certain conditions which must be met. In 1984 when the naira exchanged for $1.34, the IMF demanded a minimum of 60% devaluation of it. Buhari refused, agreeing only to a "crawling peg"—a mechanism whereby government would realign the currency gradually, forestalling or minimizing economic and social dislocations because of such drastic devaluation of its currency. In addition to the devaluation of the naira, IMF demanded that government took other drastic actions: (a) The government must remove its subsidy on petroleum. (b) It must curtail its expenditure. (c) Government must rationalize its tariff structures. (d) It must put a freeze on its wages. (e) It must put a total end of non-statutory transfers to State governments, (f) Government must at least institute a 30% raise on interest rates—government resisted this because the decline in its revenue earnings and its debt obligations made it almost impossible to raise interest rates without triggering inflation (West Africa, May 14, 1984).
www.nairaland.com/attachments/908607_Gen_Buhari_jpg680f0e3cee55a5a2432551406739fb8e
The Nigerian government and veteran economists in Nigeria (like Aluko, Onosade, Okigbo, etc) could not make sense of being asked to devalue its currency when Nigeria’s imports were in dollar and its export (fixed quantity of oil) was also in dollar. The implication of devaluation was that Nigeria would pay more to import lesser quantity of goods than it did prior to any devaluation. It would also export the same amount of oil it exported before any devaluation and derive lesser revenue than it received before any devaluation The impacts of it debt payment would have harsher effect on the citizenry if the naira was devalued. This did not make any economic sense to Buhari; it struck him as an insult on the intelligence of the African. Finance Minister Onaolapo Soleye and Alhaji Abubakar Alhaji who led the Nigerian delegation to the last negotiation in Washington were chewed out by US Federal Reserve Chairman, Paul Volcker, for presenting the Nigerian governments rejection of most of these recommendations. For rejecting the IMF conditions and the loan, the Buhari administration got into the black book of Washington. Already, it had earned the dislike of 10 Downing Street for cutting down Nigeria’s imports from the UK by about 350%. In any case, without the IMF loan, government was still in a bind as to how to finance capital projects and pay for imports, especially spare parts for local industries, food items, etc. At this juncture, the genius and resourcefulness of Buharinomics illuminated to the delight of the African.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/686219_buhari_parade_jpgcf420c430ac5cdb9a5c0fadf1e0fb509
First, the administration sent Oil Minister Tam David West to OPEC to seek a raise in the quantity of oil that Nigeria could export. If OPEC agreed, Nigeria would expect to generate extra revenue in the long run from any increase of its oil quota and this would assist tremendously in augmenting the shortfall in the nation’s purse. Professor West came back empty handed—the US and Britain had put pressure on their puppets in OPEC (like Saudi Arabia) to refuse Nigeria’s request.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/710787_buhari_pic_gif0b92a71a0ffa3f1da9713778c0f7a2f0
To counter OPEC’s bluff, the Buhari administration entered into a $2 billion barter trade agreement with four countries. Nigeria daily bartered 200,000 barrels of oil as follows: (a) completely knocked down parts for automobiles from Brazil. (b) Construction equipment from Italy (c) Engineering equipment from France, and (d) Capital goods from Austria. This barter trade took care of the administration’s need to have borrowed money but it intensified the ill will the US and Britain had for Nigeria. By bartering this oil, Nigeria was: (a) solving those needs which the proposed IMF loan was geared toward. Doing so without borrowing or feeling the pains of spending the meager amount generated from its OPEC approved 1.3 billion a day oil export is the stuff an economic wizard is made of. (b) Britain had been cut off as Nigeria’s major supplier of the goods which the countries in the barter agreement sent to Nigeria. (c) The US usurious money lenders were denied the chance to suck Nigeria dry through the IMF loan. (d) American and British oil companies were irate that the oil being bartered would flood the oil market, cutting in on their profits. (d) The oil being bartered was oil that used to be illegally bunkered before Buhari put illegal oil bunkering artist out of business. For once, an African country had put positive economic mechanism in place to salvage its ailing economy without swallowing IMF’s poison pills.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/726098_Buhari_jpgd50be5e2308ebe86c9271391021b0a5f
As far as America and Britain were concerned, there was a price to be paid by this Buhari, who thought he was smart enough not to accept subservience to their authority. To begin with, a London newspaper (The Financial Times) published Nigeria’s barter trade agreement with Brazil (which, in truth, was done in secrecy because Buhari treated some aspects of his economic policy as State secret). The British thought it was going to incite OPEC against Nigeria since OPEC as a body did not support oil bartering. Oil Minister Tam David West, in a press conference, said, “If a nation believes it is part of its strategy for national survival to do this [barter trade], why not?” To assure OPEC that Nigeria was not indulging in barter trade in order to pull out of OPEC, he added ”Our strategy is to stay in OPEC and make its presence felt, and work together on programs that will be for the economic interest of all” (Concord Weekly, May 6, 1985). There is more to this barter trade than time will permit one to detail in this piece. For now, it is worth noting that it was the major reason for which Britain and America wanted the Buhari administration overthrown.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/754009_Gen__Buhari_jpg3932850d15a62856c902dd8cc516cff9
The counter trade showcased Buhari as a visionary. He made America and Britain feel silly and they swore to get him out of office. When Babangida took over, on his maiden speech to the nation he promised to revisit the counter trade agreements. Within two weeks in office, September 17, 1985, he setup a panel to review it and recommend to his administration how to revive the economy without the use of counter trade. Babangida rolled back counter trade at the behest of his imperialist masters and at the detriment of the Nigerian nation and people.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/754008_Gen__Buhari_-_Armed_Forces_Day_jpgae96a40b5e2050b6d582cd44f4943800[/img]
By the time the Buhari administration was overthrown in August of 1985, Buharinomics was beginning to yield dividends. For example, the inflationary rate had fallen from 23.2% in 1983 to 5.5% in 1985. Nigeria did not regret rejecting the IMF loan because it was meeting its obligation of prompt debt payment and the bartered goods were, to some extent, holding up within the austerity measure which had been in place since the Shagari days. Food was becoming reasonably available for two reasons: (a) The emphasis paid to agriculture had resulted in abundant food harvests, especially yam tubers. (b) The border closure made it impossible for unscrupulous business men to continue smuggling food items into neighboring countries where they sold for twice their value in Nigeria.

Had Buharinomics continued for at least five years, Nigeria would have joined the Asian tigers in economic growth and self reliance. We know that to be true because Babangida came into office and did everything the IMF asked and the Nigerian economy took a dive into the gutter and has not recovered yet.
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/754010_General_Muhammadu-Buhari-1984_jpg807fb78f1366f42744d90196f32d264e[/img]

for the corrupt, the fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Jakumo(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
ayukdaboss:

Forgive my ignorance...A bullet hitting the fuel tank direct causes an immediate explosion. True or False?? Im not sure if those places are well protected too.

Bro...nobody plays such rough play anymore please. What of the bomb that exploded near his convoy? Will you collect 10m Naira to allow a knockout explode in your pocket?? (neglect your current financial status please).

Fuel tanks in armored cars are also armored, Big Boss, otherwise there would be a gaping gap where killing blows could be targeted.

Them things are rolling muffugin' TANKS, I chit you not. The Ayatollah put up a brand new umbrella, and asked for buckets of water to be poured from above, so that he could sob and wail about the bad weather, and how lucky he was to stay dry. That muffuguh' ain't fooling nobody, sir.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SLAP44: 8:41am On Aug 15, 2020
And El Rufai was in Kaduna then?

Hmmmmmm!
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SLAP44: 8:44am On Aug 15, 2020
Jakumo:

Chai!
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by SLAP44: 8:47am On Aug 15, 2020
ratiken:
Stupid extremist claiming non-involvement.
Buhari is trying too hard to dissociate himself from terrorism by stage managing an attack.

Its too late to claim holy, baboons and dogs are already soaking in blood.

Obadiah Mailafia may have a point.
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by greatdreamer(m): 10:29am On Aug 15, 2020
If that bomb blast had kill Buhari he would have died a great president but now history will award him as the most incompetent president ever produced in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Karemarealty288(m): 11:26am On Aug 15, 2020
The truth is gradually coming out to dance naked in market place.

Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by GamalNasser: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2020
Something you organized then to garner sympathy
Re: How I Escaped Assassination – Buhari by Timatayo1: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2020
God judgement awaiting you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is GEJ A Coward? / Buhari Vs Jonathan:beyond the election,by Charles Soludo / Boko Haram Suspects Arrive Ekwulobia Prison, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.