Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,963 members, 7,799,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up (41953 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line Up Vs Milan, Scores A Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by nifton(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
Princek12:

Don't mind Nigerians...they do not know how to give the youth a chance. Many of them were saying he should wait for his time and that he was too young.

If you are good, you are good, irrespective of your age. Nigerians need to learn that. Everything in their life is always about someone being a small boy. Very useless people.

Iheneacho and Awoniyi on that squad would have infused energy, speed, and a lethal attack to our team.

The goal Iheanacho scored yesterday would have been missed by everyone in the Super Eagles squad. They would still be trying to dribble or would be too scared to strike.
Tnx my man,u jst nailed d point.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by supereasy(m): 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
That Man is Not 17, 9ja Can Lie:::
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Emmyvics: 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
R we sure he can make man city 2nd eleven
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
arsetalks: This lad is good but his agent and parents need to have their heads checked. How on earth they let money push them into selling him to Manchester City I do not know. At Manchester City, no matter how good he is, he will not be allowed to play regular first team football because they will keep buying supposed stars who will keep getting ahead of him regardlessof how much talent he has.

Same thing is happening to Omeru at Chelsea, Lukaku at Chelsea and Isco at Madrid.

Some will argue his family need the money, they could have sold him for a cheaper price to Porto or Arsenal but by playing regularly, he would have become better and end up making more money on the long run. So disgusting.
You are talking as if stars do not fail at Arsenal. What happened to Denilson, Bendtner, Senderos, Owusu Abieye, Merida, Nacer Barazite, Coquelin etc. Did they not fail at Arsenal? Did Arsene work his magic on them?

Coach Pellegrini is a master at bringing out the best in players. Giuseppe Rossi, Diego Forlan, Riquelme, flopped at their clubs and Coach Pellegrini brought out the best in them. He developed Carzola and Isco into World Class midfielders.

Man City has a new regime made of Soriano and Txiki. Youth developments is a priority. That is why they went for Coach Pellegrini instead of a coach like MoanRinho.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
komekn:

MRI tests are indicative not absolute they give an age range not a definitive result. depending on a range of factors such as genetic disposition, nutrition, bone density, etc a 22 year old can easily pass.

Consider Abuchi Obinwa born in the USA 16 years old but failed a Nigerian MRI scan and rejected by the NFA for U17 eaglets, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT

See link to further info he was even scouted by Real Madrid -now look at the face of a real u17 - NUFF SAID

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/130918/Abuchi_Obinwa_named_in_US_U18_squad
It is a test to prevent players over the age of 17 to enter the competition. A player younger due to development can be developed as an adult due to excess training. That is his bones have developed. Like Obinwa's case.

But, it is difficult for an over age player to have under developed bones.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by olaric(m): 11:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
arsetalks: This lad is good but his agent and parents need to have their heads checked. How on earth they let money push them into selling him to Manchester City I do not know. At Manchester City, no matter how good he is, he will not be allowed to play regular first team football because they will keep buying supposed stars who will keep getting ahead of him regardlessof how much talent he has.

Same thing is happening to Omeru at Chelsea, Lukaku at Chelsea and Isco at Madrid.

Some will argue his family need the money, they could have sold him for a cheaper price to Porto or Arsenal but by playing regularly, he would have become better and end up making more money on the long run. So disgusting.
Abayomi Aje pay me my money
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
sethken:

Man City knows that he is a special talent. How are we sure City did not splash millions to get him to append his signature. He will break into the first team before too long. I continue to believe that if Keshi had given him a chance in Brazil he would have been a difference maker. There is no justification for leaving him out of the world cup team. Keshi would have done himself a lot of good taking Ihenacho and Kalu Uche to the world cup, but o well hindsight.

For once I am beginning to believe that Keshi is not progressive minded. He had a chance to set himself apart, and attract possible suitors from around the world he blew it.
Coach Keshi called up Iheanacho to the CHAN tournament but his Citizens vs Porto battle took Iheanacho's chance to break into the team.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by pazienza(m): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
joseph1013:

In terms of their importance to the team right now, talking from the position of someone close to the team, Isaac Success, Ifeanyi Matthew, Musa Mohammed, Bernard Bulbwa (when fully fit), are ahead of Kelechi.

Boys like Nwakali, Eze, Muazam, Yahaya, Awoniyi, Iheanacho are the ones on the same pedestral.

See how fastinating this set is?!

Importance to the team? Maybe, as that depends on who is the coach and his tactical approach. But on individual talent, Iheanachor is clearly and currently on a class of his own amongst those bunch.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
sethken:

You are absolutely on point. I think Keshi should be fired by the NFF. There is absolutely no reason why a talent such as Ihenacho should have been excluded from the national team. He is a far superior talent than anyone else Keshi took to the mundial. He probably took certain players to the world cup to get a cut of an eventual transfer fee. Adebayo of Togo made similar allegations against Keshi when he was with the Togolese national team. I believe those allegations were not unfounded. Keshi should make up his mind. He should either coach or become a player's agent, and not both. He stands to pocket a lot of money if he is a successful coach who is result orientated. Why not focus on coaching? If he is known as an excellent coach, money and offers from around the world will flood in.
[b]There has been a drastic improvement in the play of Super Eagles. Analyst analyse our games and said we are a team good at attacking.

Coach Keshi is not scared to drop big names and bring in players that he believes can help the team. Like Oboabona, Mba, Omeruo.

Coach Keshi comes to match for games with Sun burns due to working hard to get the team ready for games.

His CHAN team development was good. Gbolahan Salami, Ibrahim Abubakar, Uzoenyi, Rabiu became folk heroes under Keshi.

We saw Mikel develop under him. Mikel has been good till he had a poor World Cup performance. We played well in the World Cup winning for the first time since 1998.

Keshi gave players like Oshaniwa and Babatunde a chance to perform well at the highest stage in football.

He turned a team that could not qualify for tournaments into African champions.

I can keep on listing why Coach Keshi is a great man to the Super Eagles. If you want us to go back to the Lagerback and Berti Vogts era, I wonder why you are complaining.[/b]
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by sethken: 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
supereasy: That Man is Not 17, 9ja Can Lie:::

How old do you believe he is? I read somewhere that he has been in the NFF academy since age 13. You don't have any proof that he is older. Nutrition and training plays a role in physical development.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by emiye(m): 2:41am On Jul 25, 2014
The boy is good, nevertheless must be allowed to wait for his time. If he is hurried up before his due time, the results will be catastrophic. Even Jesus Christ waited for his time(age 30)to start his ministry, although he started showing flashes of precocity at age 12.

Kelechi's invite to the super eagles should come on the heels of validated club success, that might be at least 1 full year from now.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by sethken: 3:49am On Jul 25, 2014
emiye: The boy is good, nevertheless must be allowed to wait for his time. If he is hurried up before his due time, the results will be catastrophic. Even Jesus Christ waited for his time(age 30)to start his ministry, although he started showing flashes of precocity at age 12.

Kelechi's invite to the super eagles should come on the heels of validated club success, that might be at least 1 full year from now.

Why wait for a year if you can tap into the budding talents such as the ones displayed by this young man. There is nothing out there that says he must play for Nigeria at the senior level despite his Nigerian citizenship. If we ignore him for too long a foreign nation may convince him to lace his boots for them. The likes of Pele and Michael Owens started very young for their respective nations. Klinsman took a 17 year old to this past world cup. His first touch was a goal that almost saw the US leveling scores with Belgium. Abedi Pele of Ghana started playing for the Ghanian national team in his final year of high school. He was 17 years old at the time. Ihenacho would have been a difference maker if he had played against France. Nigeria was one player away from winning that match. Ihenacho is like a lamp sitting on a hilltop in the dark that cannot be hidden. He will only get better. He is ones in a generation kind of player. He is in the league of the Kanu's, and the Okocha's of the world. He was clearly head above shoulders in his game last night against Kansas City FC. The commentators could not stop signing his praises. I for one was very surprised. His passes and shots on goal were superb. His goal seemed so effortless for a player of his age and maturity.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by emiye(m): 4:26am On Jul 25, 2014
sethken:

Why wait for a year if you can tap into the budding talents such as the ones displayed by this young man. There is nothing out there that says he must play for Nigeria at the senior level despite his Nigerian citizenship. If we ignore him for too long a foreign nation may convince him to lace his boots for them. The likes of Pele and Michael Owens started very young for their respective nations. Klinsman took a 17 year old to this past world cup. His first touch was a goal that almost saw the US leveling scores with Belgium. Abedi Pele of Ghana started playing for the Ghanian national team in his final year of high school. He was 17 years old at the time. Ihenacho would have been a difference maker if he had played against France. Nigeria was one player away from winning that match. Ihenacho is like a lamp sitting on a hilltop in the dark that cannot be hidden. He will only get better. He is ones in a generation kind of player. He is in the league of the Kanu's, and the Okocha's of the world. He was clearly head above shoulders in his game last night against Kansas City FC. The commentators could not stop signing his praises. I for one was very surprised. His passes and shots on goal were superb. His goal seemed so effortless for a player of his age and maturity.
That the dude is talented is not arguable. Nigeria will tap from his talents in the u20 team, as he is a key player in that team. Iheanacho started club football for the first time in his life this year, he has a lot to learn beyond raw skills, he must prove himself via club success, a season or two club seasons that is worthwhile might be enough for him to be included in the super eagles lineup.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by joseph1013: 5:47am On Jul 25, 2014
pazienza:

Importance to the team? Maybe, as that depends on who is the coach and his tactical approach. But on individual talent, Iheanachor is clearly and currently on a class of his own amongst those bunch.

lol. Have you watched Ifeanyi Matthew play? Seen Isaac Success in action? You obviously know nothing about this team.

Maybe now, with the exposure and quality coaching Kelechi would improve drastically, but talk of individual talent, Kelechi was not even a regular before the MRI was conducted that left out the regular kids.

Believe me bro, Kelechi only took his chances when he got them with both hands. Got kids, even better, like him scattered all over streets in Nigeria. How many of you sang his praises in the U-17 AYC?

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by gbengadada2004(m): 7:21am On Jul 25, 2014
But am not too happy with the comment of coach Pellegrini about this Nigeria wonder boy. Hear what he said “Kelechi is just 17 years old and he’s a very important player for us in the future. He demonstrated today what he can do in the future. It depends on the way he takes this profession, but I think he’s a good talent. We've not decided yet (what the plan is for him) because it’s not easy. He’s just 17 and sometimes that’s the problem. We’ll see what he will do in the future." Manuel Pellegrini need to remember that there's nothing like future, future, future..... here. Get this guy work permit and get him straight into the team. One doesn't need to be an old man before making regular appearances for his club.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by naijanoni(m): 8:27am On Jul 25, 2014
sheylarhh:
typical Nigerians wit dere insults ontop small mata... Compare ur luk and stature wen u were 17yrs of age wit iheanacho current luk,, den tell me wu is proofless
That u were mal nourished or immature physically when u were 17 doesnt mean everybody was.
People grow differently.
At d age of 16(in SS3) i remember.
I looked more matured than iheanacho.
At 17 i already had some mustache and my beards were already coming out,i also had side burns and my voice was also very deep.
I had 16-18 year old mates then in school that looked even more matured physically than me.
So stop saying what u dont know.
The only way u can prove iheanacho isnt 17 is if u're are his relation or close to him.Or if u've seen his birth certificate.

1 Like

Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by joseph1013: 8:48am On Jul 25, 2014
[b]
Pazienza, check this out:

No automatic F/Eagles shirt for Iheanacho warns Manu

Despite his eye-catching display for English Premier League champions Manchester City, Kelechi Iheanacho will not just walk into the starting XI of the Nigeria U20 team, according to coach Manu Garba.

Iheanacho, 17, scored to crown a superb Manchester City debut in a 4-1 pre-season win over Sporting Kansas City in the United States of America on Thursday.

Manu has said the MVP of the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup is good enough to feature for European champions Real Madrid, but at the same time insisted he is not guaranteed a place in his star-studded youth team, when they host Lesotho in another AYC qualifier next month.

“Kelechi does not have an automatic shirt in my team. He has to come and prove himself in training before I can pick him,” Manu told AfricanFootball.com

“Besides there are equally other talented strikers in my team like Isaac Success, Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazam’, Taiwo Awoniyi. So, it will always the best who will make my team.”

True to his word, Manu benched the Manchester City starlet in both legs when the Flying Eagles recently dumped their Tanzanian counterparts in the qualifying series for the 2015 African Youth Championship in Senegal.

He was a 46th minute replacement for ‘Muazam’, when the Flying Eagles trounced Tanzania 4-1 in Kaduna, same as it was two weeks earlier in Dar es Salaam, when the Nigeria U20s won 2-0.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com'
[/b]
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2014
chelseabmw: I watched the game and im so sure he wouldn't be going out on loan this season, with his performance this morning....

Iheanacho as you dey hot like this, you better nor score against my chelsea grin... na there I go for get problem with you...Arsenal n other clubs dey there for u cheesy....lol

Nice game man and he actually played the full game

Unban me so I can like this post......unban me now
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by omar22(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2014
Look lets calm down, in the end he will be loaned out just to gain more experience and playing time because of the presence of Kun Aguero, Dzeko, Nagredo and Jovetic in the first team.... and he is not better than non of them ahead of him, may be with time and hard work he could become a great striker but he still needs some growing to do and experience to gain.
Re: Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line-up by pazienza(m): 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2014
joseph1013: [b]
Pazienza, check this out:

No automatic F/Eagles shirt for Iheanacho warns Manu

Despite his eye-catching display for English Premier League champions Manchester City, Kelechi Iheanacho will not just walk into the starting XI of the Nigeria U20 team, according to coach Manu Garba.

Iheanacho, 17, scored to crown a superb Manchester City debut in a 4-1 pre-season win over Sporting Kansas City in the United States of America on Thursday.

Manu has said the MVP of the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup is good enough to feature for European champions Real Madrid, but at the same time insisted he is not guaranteed a place in his star-studded youth team, when they host Lesotho in another AYC qualifier next month.

“Kelechi does not have an automatic shirt in my team. He has to come and prove himself in training before I can pick him,” Manu told AfricanFootball.com

“Besides there are equally other talented strikers in my team like Isaac Success, Alhassan Ibrahim ‘Muazam’, Taiwo Awoniyi. So, it will always the best who will make my team.”

True to his word, Manu benched the Manchester City starlet in both legs when the Flying Eagles recently dumped their Tanzanian counterparts in the qualifying series for the 2015 African Youth Championship in Senegal.

He was a 46th minute replacement for ‘Muazam’, when the Flying Eagles trounced Tanzania 4-1 in Kaduna, same as it was two weeks earlier in Dar es Salaam, when the Nigeria U20s won 2-0.

Courtesy 'AfricanFootball.com'
[/b]

Just saw this now. It's interesting, but that player was benched doesn't mean that those benched are better than him,it could just be the coach's strategy,and has nothing to do with the players ability.

Coaches sometimes bench their star players to make example of them and show them and their team mates who is in charge,and that none of them are irreplaceable.

Van gaal once benched Rivaldo at Barcelona and even Ribery at Bayern, it doesn't mean those he played in their stead were better than them,it was just Van gaal trying to make a point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Did Xhaka & Shaqiri Celebrate By Making 'double Eagle' Signs Against Serbia? / Super Falcons Protest Unpaid Bonuses At WWC, Refuse To Leave Hotel In France / Kylian Mbappe: PSG Accepts Al Hilal's £259m For Wantaway French Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.