Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

A Visit To Nairaland & Others. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Visit To Nairaland & Others. (437 Views)

Defense Headquarters Nigeria Reply To Nairaland.photo / David Mark Pays Buhari A Visit At The APC Headquarters In Abuja. Photos / APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Visit To Nairaland & Others. by azimibraun: 4:13am On Jul 24, 2014
I was having a conversation with a couple of young folks and the topic of discussion was the future of nigeria. A couple of the us thought there is a new day for Nigeria where all of our present predicaments will be over and we all agreed, especially when examples were cited of when nations had bad times and the bad times are now history because the good times are here. I agreed with them but also brought to their notice that the level of hate and animosity that our older generations the ones who got us to where we are @ the moment, is no where near the degree of hate and animosity that exist among Nigerians @ the moment. Our youths in my opinion(no data to back my claims up; jst an assumption) are the most poralised in the world. The Nigerian youth has been fed with so much hate poison by our immediate past and current sets of leaders that all the nigerian youth thinks of is hate and division btwn him and people from other tribes, region and religion. Finally I told the folks I was hving a chat with to Visit Nairaland and orther sites and the division amongst nigerian and d gloomy future of nigeria can be clearly seen. Our sites are now venues for Hate and Curses.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Nairaland & Others. by Caseless: 5:51am On Jul 24, 2014
Our problem is how we don't read history or indulge in autodidact to learn, having being partially taught or given very little out of vast knowledge that is available in our various schools. In other climes, people read history to make an amend, or to forestall future occurence, but we(mostly youth) in nigeria , read history to carry out vengeance and entrench hate against ourselves. We have a very youthful population that should help make this country work, but they're the one celebrating mediocrity, sentimen/bigotry , corruption, etc. Our youths are what they're because of the shabby education they get. Until we grow above hate and tribalism, then we shall make the needed progress.
I weep for Nigerian youth!!

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Nairaland & Others. by aduboy(m): 7:14am On Jul 24, 2014
Nairaland clearly portrays what the selfish political class have turned Nigeria into. It virtually serves as a propaganda machine for hate and division for paid agents of politicians who feel that politics is about divide and rule. What they failed to realise is that law of diminishing returns has come into place. An example is what happened to Gen Buhari and similar thing could also happen even to the president including his vice and most politicians. My advice is that unity topics should trend on nairaland and those that are fond of propagating hate should have such topics removed then subsequently banned. Syria, Iraq, Gaza etc will be a child's play if Nigeria subsequently erupts. A word is enough for the wise so let's start from nairaland.
Re: A Visit To Nairaland & Others. by stevolinkon40: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2014
I don't understand dis english. Translate in IBILE pls
Re: A Visit To Nairaland & Others. by Omexonomy: 7:24am On Jul 24, 2014
We shall get their but let all tribe sheat their swords and let embrace one love and unity though not 100% posible at least if we can attain 45% of it i will be happy.

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Is The Most Polluted Environment In The Country – Idodo-umeh / Buhari, IBB Believes Nigeria Can Overcome Bokoharam / “I Enjoy Klling People” -Nyanya Blast Mastermind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.