Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,066 members, 7,807,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl (13166 Views)

Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Sanusi Lamido Ado-Bayero Appointed As NPA Managing Director By Jonathan / Presidency Says Fashola’s Comment On Robbery Is ‘irresponsible’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by karlmax2: 6:34am On Jul 24, 2014
NPA faults Fashola’s comment on Oshodi-Apapa expressway snarl
on july 24, 2014 at 12:32 am

NPA in a statement by it's Head of Public Affairs department, Mr. Musa Illya, said; “The Lagos State Government is surely one of the biggest beneficiaries of the port concessions in terms of the revenue it collects from importers as wharf landing fees, and other businesses generated by the port activities.
“Therefore one would expect his Excellency to be more circumspect in his assessment of the situations. It is important to appreciate also that in view of capacity deficiency of the roads within Apapa, which were built in the 1970s, the Federal Government awarded the contract for the rehabilitation of the Apapa-Oshodi Road to two reputable companies and work is on-going. Credit should be given to the Federal Government for this.
The NPA also in response to the increase in the volume of cargo, which outweighed the road’s capacity by over 200%, said it encouraged the development of two major truck holding bays, situated at the Trade fair complex on Lagos Badagry Road and the Tin Can Island Ports to properly control and manage the movement of trucks around the ports and the incidence of indiscriminate parking.
“Furthermore, the construction of the rail tracks at the Lagos Ports Complex have been completed and linked to the National grid and movement of containers by rail have also commenced. This has reduced the pressure of delivery of cargo by road.
“All these are efforts by the Federal Government and the NPA, as an agency of the government, to improve and sustain efficient road transport network within Apapa and its environs with the ultimate aim of improving cargo delivery within Apapa district.
“While we appreciate the concerns of the Lagos State Governor over the situation, however, we appeal to the Governor to partner with the Federal Government, the NPA and other agencies concerned to find a lasting solution to the gridlock”.
Efforts to reach the Commissioner for Information and  Strategy Lateef Ibirogba and Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, for comments were unsuccessful as calls to their mobile phones were unattended to at time of this report.
Governor Fashola about three weeks ago visited Apapa and lampooned the management of the authority over its inefficiency in monitoring the handling of cargo operations at the various terminals.
He also blamed the Apapa gridlock on the insufficient and obsolete equipment deployed to the ports by terminal operators

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/07/npa-faults-fasholas-comment-oshodi-apapa-expressway-snarl/#

7 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by NaLaugh: 7:46am On Jul 24, 2014
e-warriors please be seated. No fighting.

12 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by slimfit1(m): 7:47am On Jul 24, 2014
Encourage my has, they fail to perform their duties you are telling us to encourage them. Must we shout before they know that something has to be done all the time.

12 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by hazyfm: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2014
was he lying?

7 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by femmmmi94: 7:47am On Jul 24, 2014
[size=15pt][url=gidihub..com/2014/07/meet-nigerias-youngest-pilot-hes-only-19.html]Meet Nigeria's youngest pilot - he's only 19! ( Photos ) [/url][/size]
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by BrAkingNews: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2014
ok

SHOCKING PHOTO: Man Kills Rich Lover, Absconds with Property
>>> http://www./nigerian-politics-news/man-kills-rich-lover-absconds-with-property/
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by haryomikun(m): 7:49am On Jul 24, 2014
Second †̥Φ comment!
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 24, 2014
No comment. Mama ozigbo abeg nyem rizla.

1 Like

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by haryomikun(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2014
Chai! I no b second again o lipsrsealed
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by emmyvet(m): 7:50am On Jul 24, 2014
commenting
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by frainc(m): 7:53am On Jul 24, 2014
To be honest
I think lagos state benefit more from NPA than federal

23 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by KwoiZabo(m): 7:54am On Jul 24, 2014
Fashola only knows how to give nice speeches riddled with lies and to criticize when many state govt. roads are in shambles. Fashola should remove the log in his eyes so he can see clearly to spot a speck in the FG's eyes. I know he will not know this cos he doesn't read the bible.

27 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by JUHABACH: 7:58am On Jul 24, 2014
NaLaugh: e-warriors please be seated. No fighting.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 8:00am On Jul 24, 2014
KwoiZabo: Fashola only knows how to give nice speeches riddled with lies and to criticize when many state govt. roads are in shambles. Fashola should remove the log in his eyes so he can see clearly to spot a speck in the FG's eyes. I know he will not know this cos he doesn't read the bible.

*tilts head to the left, tilts to the right. Turns phone upside-down*

I just tried to see things your way,

...still not making sense

60 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by doyouknowjohnny: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2014
KwoiZabo: Fashola only knows how to give nice speeches riddled with lies and to criticize when many state govt. roads are in shambles. Fashola should remove the log in his eyes so he can see clearly to spot a speck in the FG's eyes. I know he will not know this cos he doesn't read the bible.
Kk pastor kwoizabo we have heard you..

6 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by macpetrus(m): 8:04am On Jul 24, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by philtex(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2014
Issokay cry
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by femmy2010(m): 8:09am On Jul 24, 2014
frainc: To be honest
I think lagos state benefit more from NPA than federal

You for real

4 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by gogodaye(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2014
One would gladingly wish the Lagos state government could build alternative roads leading to & fro the ports, well configured with the prerequisite tolling apparachi to ease the gridlock
Come to think of it, existing roads on that axis, which are Federal owned were built in the 1970s. What the heck have successive governments done by way of road infrastructure on that axis They need to wake to their responsibilities
In the interim, a ticketing schedule module should be instituted to ease traffic
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2014

That road has been bad for years and what did your dumbarrse president do about it ? Now you are blaming Fashola for calling on him to do what he's elected to do. If calling him out is what it will take for him to do his job, that must be a nice catalyst then !

18 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Mystical888: 8:12am On Jul 24, 2014

kolawaxxy:

Same here!
Really trying to see some sense but there's none there!
All i see is vain talk....Reprehensible thinking.

11 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by RichDad1(m): 8:13am On Jul 24, 2014
I've got nothing reasonable to say.
I'm sorry.
#Bringbackmyusername

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2014
Wetin concern me.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Opiosko: 8:16am On Jul 24, 2014
kolawaxxy:

> Shove d phone into ur anus, bring it out nd lick it. Now it makes sense to u. Congrats! sad

6 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by KwoiZabo(m): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2014
Bluetooth2:

That road has been bad for years and what did your dumbarrse president do about it ? Now you are blaming Fashola for calling on him to do what he's elected to do. If calling him out is what it will take for him to do his job, that must be a nice catalyst then !
Jonathan started the road in less than 2yrs into his tenure and work is still going on. so Fashola should shut up and go and build Lagos roads like Ago, Ejigbo, Alaba e.t.c

12 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by eledacedar(f): 8:17am On Jul 24, 2014

If you see the condition of Harvey Road these says ehn! The yeye contractor BAZNAZ will use aboki to dig drainage for 1 day and disappear for 3 weeks. Fashola no see that one o.

7 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by deor03(m): 8:21am On Jul 24, 2014
Why do all importer use Lagos port.

Judging by 2 major industries in Nigeria, Telecomm, Oil & Gas , most of the equipment are installed outside of Lagos.

So why bring those through lagos in the first place. Since we have other functioning ports outside Lagos

7 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by sparkleboy(m): 8:23am On Jul 24, 2014
Hmmm. Just remember. Diaris God o...e-warriors
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by anonimi: 8:29am On Jul 24, 2014
hazyfm: was he lying?

YES, Fashola was telling LIES as usual, that's what NPA is saying in a very diplomatic manner.
Read this:

“Therefore one would expect his Excellency to be more circumspect in his assessment of the situations. It is important to appreciate also that in view of capacity deficiency of the roads within Apapa, which were built in the 1970s, the Federal Government awarded the contract for the rehabilitation of the Apapa-Oshodi Road to two reputable companies and work is on-going. Credit should be given to the Federal Government for this.

But Fashola's SIN is not just the LIES he told but also trying to cover his own CLUELESS abandonment of his state government's constitutional RESPONSIBILITY for the FEEDER roads inside Apapa and off the Expressway along with ensuring the flood drainage waterways off the road are not blocked by indiscriminate building approval by his FAILED administration and cleared of bush, waste by his LGAs.

Fashola only LOOKS smart to those who think in a very SHALLOW manner shocked

18 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 24, 2014
Just clear the place: I don't care about the political intents of anyone.

I pity those who reside at that side. If you are to be following Giditraffic on twitter, you are gonna feel their pain.

1 Like

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by anonimi: 8:31am On Jul 24, 2014
deor03: Why do all importer use Lagos port.

Judging by 2 major industries in Nigeria, Telecomm, Oil & Gas , most of the equipment are installed outside of Lagos.

So why bring those through lagos in the first place. Since we have other functioning ports outside Lagos

That's what I sdaid about the Toyota & Kia auto assembly plants that they should be located in Calabar or Uyo that also have seaports for import of the CKDs and export of the assembled cars to neighjbouring countries.

Moreover there should be greater use of the cargo hauling capacity of the Nigeria Railways Corporation.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by jmaine: 8:34am On Jul 24, 2014
eledacedar:

If you see the condition of Harvey Road these says ehn! The yeye contractor BAZNAZ will use aboki to dig drainage for 1 day and disappear for 3 weeks. Fashola no see that one o.

But Harvey road is far away from Apapa now . . .Meanwhile I get your drift.

That Harvey road don dey get big center partition courtesy erosion due to slow construction

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are You Not Voting Today? / We Are Not Discouraged By Malicious Threats - Amnesty International Nigeria / 2023: Power Rotation, Zoning, Unsettling APC, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.