Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl (13165 Views)

Group Condemns Appointment Of Non-Yoruba As NPA Boss. / Sanusi Lamido Ado-Bayero Appointed As NPA Managing Director By Jonathan / Presidency Says Fashola’s Comment On Robbery Is ‘irresponsible’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 12:32pm On Jul 24, 2014
Paentera:

That road is an eyesore! It used to be very okay until some d.v.m.b.f.v.c.k.s decided it was time to reap where they did not sow. Fashola should truly look into roads like Harvey, Okota Road and many more making life a living hell for Lagosians.

On the other hand, FG hasn't got the political will to decongest the Lagos ports by creating incentives for shippers to berth at other ports in Nigeria. This lack of political will/clout will keep Apapa at the mercy of badly maintained trucks that are now the graveyard for majority of trucks from developed nations.

You are wrong to say FG lack the will to build new ports to decongest Apapa, its politics, some politicians blocked such to happen with the fear that businesses will move from Western region to where the new port will be sited, hence Lagos, will lose alot of Internally generated revenue.

Who are these politicians and where are they from?
Don't ask me!!

Fashola, has recently lost some points with his recent way of criticizing opponents at every function and instant, instead of focusing and scoring more points for APc.
Is there anything wrong if he looks into the road rather than wait for Fg, thinking using it as propaganda will earn him points.

There is not need pointing to Fg, if there is no budget for the road this year.
Ur indigenes are suffering u are trying to gain cheap points, fix the road, you are not the first state Gov to fix Fg roads, and won't be the last.

In reality who benefits more from that port, FG or Lagos state

1 Like

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 12:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
jericco1: It seems Fashola is quite enervated, all his good works are getting over-shadowed by his recent misdemeanour

Thank you, people have started noticing it. He shouldn't join others in playing this childish politics of propaganda, blackmailing, and character assassination.

3 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by pheesayor(m): 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fashola said the obvious truth, NPA is just being unnecessarily loyal to the FG to the detriment of homes and businesses in Apapa
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by pheesayor(m): 1:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:

You are wrong to say FG lack the will to build new ports to decongest Apapa, its politics, some politicians blocked such to happen with the fear that businesses will move from Western region to where the new port will be sited, hence Lagos, will lose alot of Internally generated revenue.

Don't ask me!!

Fashola, has recently lost some points with his recent way of criticizing opponents at every function and instant, instead of focusing and scoring more points for APc.
Is there anything wrong if he looks into the road rather than wait for Fg, thinking using it as propaganda will earn him points.

Ur indigenes are suffering u are trying to gain cheap points, fix the road, you are not the first state Gov to fix Fg roads, and won't be the last.

You're saying Fashola should fix the road for FG. I would have let this slide but for my hate for falsehood I won't. The FG has more funds at its disposal and even at that the Lagos state government already took over the Badagry expressway and Ikorodu due to the neglect of the roads.

There is every need to point to the FG because it is their responsibility and they should live up to it. Just like you hold your employees accountable for tasks given to them. You don't tell the accountant to do the job of the HR when the accountant is there doing nothing.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 2:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
pheesayor:

You're saying Fashola should fix the road for FG. I would have let this slide but for my hate for falsehood I won't. The FG has more funds at its disposal and even at that the Lagos state government already took over the Badagry expressway and Ikorodu due to the neglect of the roads.

There is every need to point to the FG because it is their responsibility and they should live up to it. Just like you hold your employees accountable for tasks given to them. You don't tell the accountant to do the job of the HR when the accountant is there doing nothing.

Is Apapa the only road in Nigeria, is Ibadan expressway not being constructed by FG, what of 2nd Niger bridge and roads in other regions, must everything be done in Lagos,

is Nigeria not large enough for anyone to understand that development can't take place everywhere at the same time.

You talk of finance, what the allocation given to states for, at least he claims to use task payers money for road construction, so Will he say, he uses all the allocation to pay salaries.

Imagine what Akwa Ibom state will look like if the state, kept waiting for FG to construct federal roads.

Lets stop this attitude of pointing fingers when things go wrong under our watch, even when we know we can do something about the situation.

The same people will tell younger generation to think of what they can do for themselves instead of waiting for government, yet that's what They are doing indirectly.

Everything GEJ or FG.

1 Like

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 2:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
You benefit more than me is the new excuse not to do your job, it's the reason for laziness, incompetence and lack of innovation and not being proactive.

Useless people..
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:

Don't ask me!!

Why do you think the same useless FG owe the Lagos state government N50 billion? Maybe Fashola is sick and tired of taking care of FG responsibilities and the FG not refunding the Lagos state taxpayers for their proactive efforts.

This country is rotten because of mentality like yours where we excuse incompetency, laziness and lack of care while blaming other people for not doing your job, the same job you swore oath to the Nigerian people to do.

What happens if we all leave our job for other people to do?

We really don't have leaders of tomorrow, we have lousy and backward thinking people with embedded culture of laziness, incompetence and lack of sense of duty and purpose...

2 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
EkoIle1:

Why do you think the same useless FG owe the Lagos state government N50 billion? Maybe Fashola is sick and tired of taking care of FG responsibilities and the FG not refunding the Lagos state taxpayers for their proactive efforts.

This country is rotten because of mentality like yours where we excuse incompetency, laziness and lack of care while blaming other people for not doing your job, the same job you swore oath to the Nigerian people to do.

What happens if we all leave our job for other people to do?

We really don't have leaders of tomorrow, we have lousy and backward thinking people with embedded culture of laziness, incompetence and lack of sense of duty and purpose...

I see, people like you that go back home after the day's job, if your wife is not at home to cook, you refuse to go to kitchen to prepare for urself a meal. Then shouts at her when she returns.

If there is power failure you shout GEJ.

You blame people for everything that goes wrong around you instead of taking responsibility.

Get my point right, "Rome was not built in a day"

2 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
ABB, BETA and ASTOR Power/Distribution Transformers, brand new, imported from Turkey are available for sale. Provision is made for delivery and installation and their prices are very affordable. Call me on 08067309927 or send me a message at ernest_ujam@yahoo.co.uk

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 2:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
EkoIle1: You benefit more than me is the new excuse not to do your job, it's the reason for laziness, incompetence and lack of innovation and not being proactive.

Useless people..
You think you are smart,

that's the exact notion Fashola made on News, that FG is the one making millions from the port, so they should come and repair the road. NPA has come out to say Lagos is also benefiting from the port so Fashola was wrong to make that kind of comment,

Rather he should seek a way to partner with Fg and get the road fixed.

2 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:

You blame people for everything that goes wrong around you instead of taking responsibility.

Get my point right

Yes, I get your point alright. I should take responsibility for other peoples job and failure.

Why not tell your Oga at work that you did not do your job because it's other people's responsibility to do your job for you and see how fast you get fired and kicked to the street..

How do we even progress as a Nation with people like you and your shallow, lazy and incompetent mentality? Do you people even have any sense of duty, responsibility and accountability?

No wonder crooks under EFCC investigation gets rewarded with better government position, why incompetent people remain in office and even get promoted, why people didn't have to account for anything and not even for what the Nigerian taxpayers pay them to do.

1 Like

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:
You think you are smart,

that's the exact notion Fashola made on News, that FG is the one making millions from the port, so they should come and repair the road. NPA has come out to say Lagos is also benefiting from the port so Fashola was wrong to make that kind of comment,

Rather he should seek a way to partner with Fg and get the road fixed.

1. Even if the FG is not making 1 kobo from the place, it's still their responsibility and this is what Nigerians are paying them to do?

2. Saying Lagos state should partner with the FG says a lot about your warped and IGNORANT comments and I say this because the FG owe Lagos state well over N50 billion for doing what you are ignorantly saying they are not doing.

3. But have they remembered Lagos state taxpayers for taking their efforts? Nope?

Fashola Tasks FG On N50 Billion Spent On 117 Federal Roads

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola, on Thursday, urged the federal government to refund over N50 billion the state government spent on repairs of the 117 federal roads in the state.

The governor, who disclosed this while speaking at a stakeholders' forum on Wharf landing fee collection in Lagos organised by the state government said the repairs were done to ensure that economic activities were not disrupted.

According to him, "We intervened in federal roads because they would disrupt economic activities if we left them in a state of disrepair. One can imagine the economic impact of watching Apapa/ Oshodi Expressway to be completely un-motorable.

"The state government has, so far, spent N50. billion on the maintenance of federal roads in the state and we are yet to get a refund. We can't just watch these roads to rot away because we feel the pains."

http://allafrica.com/

Educate yourself a little before commenting on issues beyond your knowledge..
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Ajibolatao(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
KwoiZabo: Fashola only knows how to give nice speeches riddled with lies and to criticize when many state govt. roads are in shambles. Fashola should remove the log in his eyes so he can see clearly to spot a speck in the FG's eyes. I know he will not know this cos he doesn't read the bible.
hmmm, so he should av kept quite and let the FG embezzle d money. He's no doing it for his family or himself but for all Lagosian and perhaps including u.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
EkoIle1:

Yes, I get your point alright. I should take responsibility for other peoples job and failure.

Why not tell your Oga at work that you did not do your job because it's other people's responsibility to do your job for you and see how fast you get fired and kicked to the street..

How do we even progress as a Nation with people like you and your shallow, lazy and incompetent mentality? Do you people even have any sense of duty, responsibility and accountability?

No wonder crooks under EFCC investigation gets rewarded with better government position, why incompetent people remain in office and even get promoted, why people didn't have to account for anything and not even for what the Nigerian taxpayers pay them to do.

You can keep calling me names as a competent and responsible dude, instead of focusing and driving your points, thats what you have learnt from janweed ideology.

Maybe all the states should come to media and shout FG, so you be happy,

I just hope all the state roads in Lagos are paved, if not then start shouting Fashola because thats his duty

2 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 4:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
EkoIle1:

1. Even if the FG is not making 1 kobo from the place, it's still their responsibility and this is what Nigerians are paying them to do?

2. Saying Lagos state should partner with the FG says a lot about your warped and IGNORANT comments and I say this because the FG owe Lagos state well over N50 billion for doing what you are ignorantly saying they are not doing.

3. But have they remembered Lagos state taxpayers for taking their efforts? Nope?

Educate yourself a little before commenting on issues beyond your knowledge..

I just hope you know What 50billion is for some to claim he used 50billion in maintaining roads.
How much is lagos state allocation and internally generated revenue a year, that one would spend 50billion in maintaining FG roads only.

1 Like

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:

You can keep calling me names as a competent and responsible dude, instead of focusing and driving your points, thats what you have learnt from janweed ideology.

Maybe all the states should come to media and shout FG, so you be happy,

I just hope all the state roads in Lagos are paved, if not then start shouting Fashola because thats his duty

You are one of them, no wonder you sound very unintelligent

What's your driving point again?

The government officials the Nigerian taxpayers pay to do their job are free to derelict, ignore heir responsibilities and blame it on other people?

Are the Nigerian taxpayers paying Fashola to do the federal government's job? And have you even repaid him the N50 billion he spent repairing 117 federal roads?

Fashola knows his duty so he doesn't blame or criticize the FG for his own roads and responsibilities.

Tell your paymasters to do what the taxpayers are paying them to do and also refund Lagos state's N50 billion...

Btw, I'm not calling you names. Ignorance means lack of knowledge and you're obviously ignorant because you lack knowledge at least regarding this your views..
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:

I just hope you know What 50billion is for some to claim he used 50billion in maintaining roads.
How much is lagos state allocation and internally generated revenue a year, that one would spend 50billion in maintaining FG roads only.

And what's the meaning of this gibberish?
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
EkoIle1:

You are one of them, no wonder you sound very unintelligent

What's your driving point again?

The government officials the Nigerian taxpayers pay to do their job are free to derelict, ignore heir responsibilities and blame it on other people?

Are the Nigerian taxpayers paying Fashola to do the federal government's job? And have you even repaid him the N50 billion he spent repairing 117 federal roads?

Fashola knows his duty so he doesn't blame or criticize the FG for his own roads and responsibilities.

Tell your paymasters to do what the taxpayers are paying them to do and also refund Lagos state's N50 billion...

Haters, you now brought in paymasters, maybe you the one paid, i hope they pay you well and u have a share of the 50 Billion.

Call a spade a spade, Apapa roads are not the only FG roads in Nigeria THAT NEEDS GOVT ATTENTION, things will be in place with time.

At least, Fashola once said Lagos state can survive without Fg Allocation.

No need talking to you again, seems you are on. Some paymasters payroll.
People like you carry guns for politicians because you think you know what you are fighting for.

One love Nigeria, it will get better someday
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 4:22pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:

Haters, you now brought in paymasters

You must be getting paid to defend incompetence, dereliction of duty and official obligations.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
Please let's stop mounting unnecessary pressure on govt, yes They may not get it right all the time

If you have to criticize do it in a manner that will make them listen, instead they take the criticisms personal because of the way we attack them.

Let's stop being selfish and think of others too,
If the opposition in developed countries are playing the way we do, they would be heading no way.

The more we pressurize them, the more mistakes they make.

The changes you all desire beings with you,
have the right atitude.

God bless Nigeria and all Nigerians
Good. People, Great Nation
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology: Please let's stop mounting unnecessary pressure on govt, yes They may not get it right all the time

Do the citizens have to put pressure on public officials what they pay them to do in the first place and to tell them to do their job?

Or they don't know the reason why they are on the job and getting paid?

Let's stop being selfish and think of others too

Who is selfish? The people we are paying to do their job and refusing to do the same job or the people suffering because the are not doing their job?

If the opposition in developed countries are playing the way we do, they would be heading no way.

Developed countries are developed because they do their job or they get fired. They don't sit on their assss while collecting tax payers money.

The more we pressurize them, the more mistakes they make.

I feel like laughing, but I won't because this is just to sad.

The changes you all desire beings with you,
have the right atitude.

Yes, they are not doing their job because of my attitude so I need to change my attitude before doing their job..

Are you a toddler?

1 Like

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by pheesayor(m): 6:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
ideology:

Is Apapa the only road in Nigeria, is Ibadan expressway not being constructed by FG, what of 2nd Niger bridge and roads in other regions, must everything be done in Lagos,

is Nigeria not large enough for anyone to understand that development can't take place everywhere at the same time.

You talk of finance, what the allocation given to states for, at least he claims to use task payers money for road construction, so Will he say, he uses all the allocation to pay salaries.

Imagine what Akwa Ibom state will look like if the state, kept waiting for FG to construct federal roads.

Lets stop this attitude of pointing fingers when things go wrong under our watch, even when we know we can do something about the situation.

The same people will tell younger generation to think of what they can do for themselves instead of waiting for government, yet that's what They are doing indirectly.

Everything GEJ or FG.

There has been clamour for true federalism, then only can the state fix all roads as for now, the FG is in charge and it is only sensible to fix the roads around a port that generates so much income for the country. The state budgets for and fixes its infrastructures, the federal should do the same, no excuses
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by successking: 7:06pm On Jul 24, 2014
Yes, Fashola will always find fault in everything that concerns FG just to engage in an unnecessary competition that doesn't add value to his person or Lagos in general, rather than focusing on how to alleviate the plight of the masses upon whom allocation is given to him every month.

BRT is a colossal failure, passengers stand for several hours (2:30hrs) at every bus stop everyday and Fashola has nothing to say about it. None sense
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by EkoIle1: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2014
successking: rather than focusing on how to alleviate the plight of the masses

And you don't think that's exactly what he was doing? Who do you think are suffering from the FG's incompetence and inaction in Apapa?

Who do you think the people of Lagos voted into office to speak out and look out for them?

Is your imagined and irrelevant failure of BRT responsible for FG incompetence and laziness? Is this the reason why Nigerians are suffering in Apapa?
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 25, 2014
anonimi:

Fashola only LOOKS smart to those who think in a very SHALLOW manner shocked

2 Likes

Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 3:10am On Jul 25, 2014
pheesayor:

There has been clamour for true federalism, then only can the state fix all roads as for now, the FG is in charge and it is only sensible to fix the roads around a port that generates so much income for the country. The state budgets for and fixes its infrastructures, the federal should do the same, no excuses

Am not against anyone or saying FG should not fix the road.

The argument is simple, is Fashola right to make such comment?

i hope you did watch the broadcast on Sunday, you will understand what i mean.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 25, 2014
ideology:

You talk of finance, what the allocahtion given to states for, at least he claims to use task payers money for road construction, so Will he say, he uses all the allocation to pay salaries.

Everything GEJ or FG.

Pls keep educating them
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 3:27am On Jul 25, 2014
Am not against Fg fixing the road, neither am I against Fashola, He seems good, at least his records speak of him,

But, was he right to make such comments?
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by emiye(m): 5:14am On Jul 25, 2014
ideology: Am not against Fg fixing the road, neither am I against Fashola, He seems good, at least his records speak of him,

But, was he right to make such comments?

Dude, stop defending the indefensible. That road is the most important road in Lagos state, andit is FG's responsibility, failure is failure, it doesn't have a second name. When you fail with the "most important", then something is definitely wrong with you.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2014
emiye:

Dude, stop defending the indefensible. That road is the most important road in Lagos state, andit is FG's responsibility, failure is failure, it doesn't have a second name. When you fail with the "most important", then something is definitely wrong with you.

You are entitled to your opinion,
"Apapa roads the most important road in Lagos state"

Kindly destroy the bridges linking mainland and Island, then you will understand yourself better,

Meanwhile you have not answered the argument
Was Fashola right to make that comment?
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by emiye(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2014
ideology:

You are entitled to your opinion,
"Apapa roads the most important road in Lagos state"

Kindly destroy the bridges linking mainland and Island, then you will understand yourself better,

Meanwhile you have not answered the argument
Was Fashola right to make that comment?
The most important road not bridge. The second most important road is the badagry road, which is originally FG road, in a state of disrepair and abandoned as usual, but the lagos state govt had no option but to start fixing it and request the Fg hand it over.

That road "pays the bill", over 2 trillion naira revenue in to FG coffers from the Apapa port within the axis, yet bad roads that causes containers from port to fall over and over again, destroying, wasting peoples time and killing many others.

Fashola was more than right to make the comment, the evil politics of abandoning opposition states with little or no federal presence must stop, and people like you who defend such rubbishh due to bigoted mind must keep shut.

To the best of my knowledge FG owes the LASG over 50 billion naira over Federal roads in Lagos state, excluding the ones yet to be verified. When i say verified, it means the state govt and federal ministry of works have quantified the works and jointly agrees the work done on the roads is worth such amount.
Re: NPA Faults Fashola’s Comment On Oshodi-apapa Expressway Snarl by ideology(m): 11:49am On Jul 25, 2014
emiye: The most important road not bridge. The second most important road is the badagry road, which is originally FG road, in a state of disrepair and abandoned as usual, but the lagos state govt had no option but to start fixing it and request the Fg hand it over.

That road "pays the bill", over 2 trillion naira revenue in to FG coffers from the Apapa port within the axis, yet bad roads that causes containers from port to fall over and over again, destroying, wasting peoples time and killing many others.

Fashola was more than right to make the comment, the evil politics of abandoning opposition states with little or no federal presence must stop, and people like you who defend such rubbishh due to bigoted mind must keep shut.

Now you brought in opposition, which APC loves doing, they can't say anything without calling opposition, and abusing people.

You can call me names, the Lagos ibadan expressway currently under construction by FG

Is Lagos state or oyo ruled by PDP

Focus on points instead of being abusive when you are arguing with someone
#Janweed ideology

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Are Not Discouraged By Malicious Threats - Amnesty International Nigeria / Tinubu: Sheikh Khalifa, Great Reformer, Visionary Leader / Lawyers For Peter Obi Drag INEC, AGF To Court Over Underage Voters, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.