Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria (1183 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Group Wants Ambode Disqualified Over Alleged History Of Mental Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by bestads(m): 8:07am On Jul 24, 2014
source is http://www.naij.com/70050.html?new_letter

A group known as Concerned Arewa Citizen has submitted a bill to the Kaduna House of Assembly seeking a law for the registration of southerners in Kaduna and other parts of Northern Nigeria.

Premium Times reports that the Kano-based group stormed the Kaduna Assembly on Monday, 21 July, 2014, with the Bill and covering letter, jointly signed by its President, Audu Bukarti, and Secretary, Sanusi Sadiq.

It was gathered that the group had earlier submitted a similar bill to the Kano State Assembly.

According to the content of the bill, the Concerned Arewa Citizen wants southerners, either residing or willing to enter the north, to register within 10 days.

It also implored the Assembly to pass the bill as quickly as possible.

According to the group, the law, if passed, would protect Kaduna and the North against terrorism, armed robbery, baby factories, pipeline vandalism, kidnappers and other activities allegedly carried out by southerners.

The group pointed out that the north is suffering from most of the evil vices bedevilling it because of the haphazard entry and exit of southerners who it said have infiltrated the region.

Part of the bill submitted to the Assembly reads: “This law may be cited as the Kaduna State Registration of Southerners and Allied Matters Law 2014 and shall come into force on August 1st, 2014.
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by bestads(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2014
This issue may lead to what is happening here https://www.nairaland.com/1826796/buhari-been-killed-north-razed
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by fingard02k(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
yawns wey ma slippers sef?
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by bestads(m): 4:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
fingard02k: yawns wey ma slippers sef?

you never start to dey yawn until you go write application for visa to enter Abuja

2 Likes

Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by Graviton2(m): 5:14pm On Jul 24, 2014
bestads:

you never start to dey yawn until you go write application for visa to enter Abuja

Are you some sort of comedian? All your posts are ridiculous and funny beyond measure.
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by bestads(m): 7:00pm On Jul 24, 2014
Graviton2:

Are you some sort of comedian? All your posts are ridiculous and funny beyond measure.

am i the originator of this http://www.naij.com/70050.html?new_letter
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by Graviton2(m): 9:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
bestads:

am i the originator of this http://www.naij.com/70050.html?new_letter

Lol. You just answered my question — you're indeed a joker for you to believe such a silly and ridiculous bill will be passed, and even if it happens (which is VERY unlikely) the North will be only continue down its path of socioeconomic degradation, the South on the other hand will be much before off.

*Unfollows thread*
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by waternogetenemy: 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
Desperate politician do desperate things, APC the party of desperadoes...

All roads leads to Kano, Katsina, Sokoto and Maiduguri...

These four state are the problem with Nigeria.
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by oldenglish: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2014
Let them bare crude and refined petroleum products too. While on that let them ban themselves from grazing in the south.
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by thewarrior72: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
That's a welcome development, what are they going to that hell called ariwanistan for undecided
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by suwailad(f): 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2014
Graviton2:

Lol. You just answered my question — you're indeed a joker for you to believe such a silly and ridiculous bill will be passed, and even if it happens (which is VERY unlikely) the North will be only continue down its path of socioeconomic degradation, the South on the other hand will be much before off.

*Unfollows thread*
did you ever think we would be having "islamabad" in 9ja? Everything is possible in this cesspit country.
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
Graviton2:

I think the boy is a stray kid who's radomly constituting as nuisance on here...
grin

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by Sloan: 11:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
thewarrior72: That's a welcome development, what are they going to that hell called ariwanistan for undecided

I just wish this will be successful so that any South Beasterner who owns 99% of the property in the North and West can crawl on his stomach begging for visa before restricted entry! Let the oil regions and states also put a tap on their oil, so that we can all pay a good price for it! We will be charging toll fees in the West, landing fees, residential fees, privileged education fees, security premiums for all non-native Westerners who own 200% of the property in our fatherland. This is the quickest way to restructure Nigeria and create competition.

1 Like

Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by thewarrior72: 11:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
Sloan:

I just wish this will be successful so that any South Beasterner who owns 99% of the property in the North and West can crawl on his stomach begging for visa before restricted entry! Let the oil regions and states also put a tap on their oil, so that we can all pay a good price for it! We will be charging toll fees in the West, landing fees, residential fees, privileged education fees, security premiums for all non-native Westerners who own 200% of the property in our fatherland. This is the quickest way to restructure Nigeria and create competition.
I hope ur impaired brain did comprehend the article?, it said, "Southeners" with no exception undecided
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by NWANICHODE: 12:00am On Jul 25, 2014
Help please how can I sue MTN for nuisance! They have been sending me useless messages up to 10 in a day.
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by bestads(m): 4:01am On Jul 25, 2014
thewarrior72: I hope ur impaired brain did comprehend the article?, it said, "Southeners" with no exception undecided

that is why he has been writing and re-writing UME for six times
Re: Group Wants Southerners Barred From Entering Northern Nigeria by bestads(m): 9:26pm On Jul 27, 2014
waternogetenemy: Desperate politician do desperate things, APC the party of desperadoes...

All roads leads to Kano, Katsina, Sokoto and Maiduguri...

These four state are the problem with Nigeria.

you are wrong, the four problematic states in Nigeria are Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa-Ibom where the bulk of the crude oil wealth is being drilled

(1) (Reply)

Osun Uses Police To Retrieve "Opon Imo" Computer Tablets From Students / EFCC Recovers N5 Billion From Oil Subsidy Thieves, Names Some of the Suspects / A Thread To Appreciate The Nigerian Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.