Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms - Literature (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms (435646 Views)

Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Waiting For The Bouquet By Audrey Timms / Unfulfilled Promises' Ebook On Okadabooks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
vivikul: Where is Eric? Pls I want to hear his own syd of d story
Its coming
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by shaks97(m): 4:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
Audrey for president...... ur story is too classy love
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
leoloi: Audrey Chinua Achebe u have murdered me with suspense please do something. n by the way nice story ,nice plot and wonderful theme.
Chinua wetin? Lol! Tanx dear
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2014
I apologize to all dose I didn't reply personally. I've bin battling with netwrk all day. MTN no dey try again. Tanx 4 ur kind comments. Eric? Eric will soon show. All we nid is patience please. Can't kip teling u guys 2b patient abt it and I cant change d story also. Tanx
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
I really want to knw Eric's reaction. To all dis, Andrey more update plssssssssssssssss
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by omoh19: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2014
aiyepekuruth: I really want to knw Eric's reaction. To all dis, Andrey more update plssssssssssssssss
me 2 i rili
wanna see Eric reaction
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Funniez: 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Audrey na wah 4 u oooo. Wats taking u too long to update na
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by indomitable234: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2014
Audrey abeg,biko stop dz suspense nah beg I dey beg come and complete the good work u av started,give us a very long update
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
Pls guys, am so sorrrrrrry! Network messed itself up nt me. Bin tryin 2 log in lyk 4eva. Let me quickly update b4 it leaves again. Tanx 4 ur patience and endurance. As 4 MTN, ur days r numbered in my phone!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by ezblessyn(f): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
Super writer! We r still waiting o
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dave stared at her as if she had spoken in latin. “What did you just say?”

“She’s seriously thinking of a divorce.”

Dave was so weak he had to lean against the wall for some minutes.

“Please can you get me water? I need to take my drugs. Please.”

“If that is a ploy for me to allow you to come in then you must be joking. I’m going to lock the door before I get you the water. When I open it, I’ll still lock it. You won’t see her. I assure you.” she bitterly told him but was stunned when she saw his pale complexion. He looked sick indeed. She locked the door and rushed to get him water. She opened the door and gave him the glass of water. She suddenly felt sorry for him because he looked very weak.

When he had taken the drugs, he gave her the glass back and tried to comport himself. He stood with his head against the wall for some minutes before finally looking at her and saying,
“I’ll be back tomorrow. I need to rest now. Please just help me tell Oleng that I love her very much and she should please come home.” With that, he weakly walked away.

Aunt Vien stood there for awhile watching him as he left. She wondered what was wrong with him.

When she told Oleng about his sudden illness and the abrupt way he had left, she was troubled. She picked up her phone to call him but decided against it.

“Is something wrong with him?” Aunt Vien queried.

“Yes. He often has this sudden bout of illness especially when he comes back from the field. I've warned him against going to the field but he said it’s his job but because of me he'll try to find a way to stop going.” She was greatly worried.

“What exactly is the problem?” Her aunt persisted.

“He was diagnosed with asthma when he was a kid but he said he took some drugs which stopped him from having attacks but it comes back sometimes especially when he inhales some substances.”

“Then he should stop going out to the field.”

“He’s trying his best to stop it but you know he is a petroleum engineer.”

“He can still do without going there. How did he get the job in the first place with such an illness?”

“He falsified his medical records. There are times when I feel its more than asthma. I just hope he’s alright.” She felt for her husband.

“Why don’t you go over there and take care of him.” her Aunt suggested.

“But Aunty, you know I can’t do that. Let his family take care of him.” She retorted.

“But they are no longer there. He sent them packing.” Aunt Vien remarked.

“What?” Oleng was amazed.

Her aunt then proceeded to tell her all that Dave had told her.

“They’ll hate me the more now. O God! What kind of mess is this?” She slapped her palms together in digust.

“Take it easy, my dear. They can’t hurt you anymore.”

“But they can always return when he is not around to throw me out again.” She pointed out furiously.

“That will never happen again now that you know what they are capable of doing. Besides, your husband won’t allow them. When he comes back tomorrow, please listen to him.” Her aunt proffered.

“There’s nothing to listen to. I’ve decided to call it quits with him. Let him go and get married to the girl his mum is arranging for him. Maybe he’ll have kids by her since it seems as if I’m barren.” She announced with scorn.

“God forbid! You’re not barren my dear. And Dave won’t marry someone else. Remember that marriage is for better, for worse. Please try and listen to him when he comes back and don’t give up on your marriage yet.” her Aunt pleaded.

“Aunty, I’m tired. I’m so tired of everything. Let him get married to someone else who will give him a child so that I can have peace. So I can be free from his family forever. I’m tired.” she growled impatiently.

“It’s okay. In everything, please remember Dave. Think of what your leaving would do to him. It would surely hurt him. Please think of him.”
When Dave returned the following day, Aunt Vien made Oleng sit and listen to her husband. She gave them some privacy by going out to see a friend.

“Angel, how are you? I’ve missed you.” Dave drawled softly.

“I’m fine. And you?” she enquired, not looking at him. She wasnt prepared to tell him she had missed him too.

“Well," he shrugged. "I’m holding on but would have been better if you'd been home with me.”

“Your family made it so.” She simply stated.

“I know but now I’m asking you to come back. Please angel. Please. The house is not the same without you. Please.” He put his two palms together, pleading with his wife.

“I can’t. Please don’t ask me to go back after the way I was humiliated. I can’t go back.” she whispered.

“Do you want me to rent another house? I’m prepared to move out of that house into another to keep you from remembering the awful incident.”

“No. I don’t want you to go to some much trouble for me.”

“It’s as if you don’t know how much I love you." He sounded exasperated. I’m ready to go to any length just to make you happy. Simply come home with me. Please.”

“I can’t. I want you to listen to your mother. Take her advice. Marry the girl she wants you to marry. Have children and forget about me. Please.” She couldn't look at her husband as she granted her consent for him to take another wife.

Dave was so stunned he couldn’t speak. “What are you saying? What do you mean?”

“I love you. I want you to have children. Since I can’t give you, then have it by another woman. Your family is right. We shouldn’t have gotten married in the first place. We made a grave mistake. I'm not good for you.” Her tear duct opened as usual.

Dave went to sit beside her. He wiped away her tears with his hands.
“How can you say a thing like that? Don’t you know you're my life? Do you want me to commit suicide? I swear I’ll commit suicide if you leave me. I love you. I don’t care about children. We can adopt if you want but please don’t say I should go and marry someone else. I can handle my family if they're the one you're worried about. I’m going to Port Harcourt over the weekend to tell them to leave us alone. I swear they’ll never disturb you again. Please come home with me.” he passionately begged his wife.

Oleng shook her head slowly and tried to contain her tears. She slowly removed her wedding and engagement rings and held them out to him.

“I can’t. I can’t continue to ruin your life like this. I’m sorry. You’ve given me so much. You’ve made my life worth living again but I’m sick and tired of the worry and everything. It’s not just your family, I’m tired of everything. I don’t want to hurt you anymore. Some day you’ll wake up and blame me for not giving you a child when you realize that all your wealth will go to charity or your family. I don’t want that. Its better we end it here and now. I’m sorry.” she sniffed heavily.

Dave slowly shook his head and ignoring her outstretched hand went down on his knees before her.

“Here I am Oleng, on my knees again, begging you to please come back to me. Please forget the past. Forget what happened. We can start afresh. I told you I’m not particularly worried about children but if you want them badly and since we can’t have ours, we can adopt. We can adopt a new born baby so you can start loving him or her from the beginning of his or her life. I’ll do anything you want me to do but please don’t leave me.

Remember I told you that I wanted to commit suicide the day we met again. I’m not joking. If you leave me, I’ll commit suicide. I swear.” he firmly declared but she shook her head vigorously.

“Don’t say that. Life will go on. With your new wife and kids, you'll bounce back eventually. Life will be worth living again. Please let me be.”

Her husband got up slowly. “I’m going to give you time to think about it. I’m going to give you two weeks. I’m giving you that long because I want you to think about the wonderful four years of our marriage and see if you’re willing to throw all that away and because I have to travel. If at the end of the two weeks, you don’t come home, start making preparations for my burial because I’ll surely commit suicide. I’m not joking. Know that my blood will be upon you because you would have saved my life if you had come back to me.

In everything, know that I love you very much and life will not be worth living without you.”

He quietly left the house leaving Oleng to stare after him bemused.

When Aunt Vien came back, she told her what transpired between them. Aunt Vien told her to go back to her husband but she was adamant.

“I can’t help this feeling that you’re not telling me everything. You’re hiding something from me.” Her Aunt's eyes narrowed suspiciously.

“Nothing. I’ve told you everything.”

“I’m not talking about the situation at hand. I’m talking about your marriage. Truly, sincerely, were you really happy before this issue came up?”

“How could I have been happy when I couldn’t have a child?”

“I’m not talking about your inability to get pregnant. Afterall, there’s more to marriage than children. Tell me, were you happy as husband and wife?” Her aunt stared at her as if she could see into her soul.
Oleng was quiet for a while before she slwoly shook her head.

“I knew it!” Her aunt exclaimed. “What was the cause of the discord?”

“Lack of fulfillment. Aunty, I’ve never felt inner joy since I married him. That inner fulfillment, inner peace that everything is fine and you married the right person. I’ve all this while just been the dutiful wife but things haven’t really been normal.”

“You don’t love him.” her aunt stated as a matter of fact.

“I do.” she countered.

“You don’t.” she repeated.

“I do. It’s just that I don’t think I love him the way he loves me. This all round, all consuming kind of love he has for me. I’ve tried. Believe me, I’ve tried but I’ve always come up short. I’ve always felt guilty at not loving him enough; that's why I want to let him go now. Maybe his new wife will love him the way he deserves. I’ve always blamed myself for not being able to get pregnant because of it. I’ve always thought it as punishment for not loving him the way he deserves because he is such a nice and wonderful person.”

“It’s not your fault. He’s not your husband.”

“What do you mean by that? We’re married.”

“I mean he’s not the one God destined for you. Both of you forced the issue. He’s not your soul mate.” Aunt Vien calmly pointed out.

“You think so? Zinny said the same thing.”

“It’s true.”

“O God! What a mistake to make. What do I do now?” She was confused.

“You have to go back and try harder to love him. Since he is okay with adoption, adopt a baby and live happily ever after with him. Make him happy and not regret marrying you. That is the best you can do in such a situation.” her Aunt advised.

“I’ll have to think about it.” she informed her Aunt.

She thought about it for the whole two weeks Dave had given her to think about it. She missed him a lot but didn’t want to make a mistake that would destroy their lives. She was so confused. She wondered what would happen if she returned to him and pretended as if nothing happened. Would his family come to disturb her again? She also wondered what would happen if she didn’t return. Would Dave really commit suicide? She suspected he would considering the way he was hell bent on her coming back to him. Could she live with him for the rest of her life knowing that she didn’t love him wholeheartedly?

She wondered who her soul mate was. Eric? She doubted it considering the way she hated him. She felt it was too late to start searching for her soul mate. She had made a mistake and so had to live with it. She hated the thought of divorce or separation and didn’t want to end up like her Aunt, waking up alone everyday of her life. She decided to go back to him and make her marriage work.

When her husband called at the end of the two weeks, she told him she didn’t know if she would be coming yet and she was still thinking about it.

She actually wanted to surprise him by coming home the following day.

“Get ready for my funeral.” he firmly told her.

“No. Don’t talk like that. Just give me more time. Okay?”

“I’ve told you,” was all he said before he hung up.

She worried non-stop about that statement throughout the night. It was a pity he had called late evening else she would have gone to see him. She tried calling him but all his lines weren't reachable. She prayed she would meet him at home the following day since it was a Saturday.

She had to run an errand for her aunt before she left the following day. The traffic was terrible so she had to wait a long time before she got to the house. She didn’t know what was wrong but she kept feeling weird until she got to the house. She felt something was amiss but couldn’t place a finger on it.

She exchanged pleasantries with the gateman and asked if her husband was at home. He replied that he was. She got to the apartment and met their neighbor. They exchanged pleasantries. When the neighbour asked her why she hadn't been around, she had to lie that she traveled. Her neighbor went back into her house while she knocked on the door.

She continued knocking wondering what he would say to her. She knew he would be overjoyed to see her. That funny feeling came again when she knocked five times and he didn’t open the door. She continued knocking hysterically. When he still didn’t open the door, she rushed to the back door at the back of the building. Fortunately, the door was opened. She didn’t see her husband in the kitchen so she rushed to the living room. When he wasn’t there either, she ran to their bedroom and what she saw made her blood run cold. Her husband was sprawled on the floor beside their bed, foaming from the mouth. He had obviously taken poison from the small bottle in his hand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by gaczee99: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2014
Funniez: Audrey na wah 4 u oooo. Wats taking u too long to update na
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by maryhaam(f): 8:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
Waohhhhhhh!!!!!!that al I can say
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
Gosh! Dav shouldn't av died
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by vivikul(f): 8:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
Obsession is wat dave feel nt love. Love is kind n it let's go. Hmmmmmmm Audrey dear am still hungry nt yet satisfied. Plssssss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Incredibleme: 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
i knew it, i knew dave had to die for things to go right, now oleng is in deep shit.

Although you neva told us the real reason dave wanted tn commit suicide in the first place.+
weldone timms
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by indomitable234: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
More update please Audrey
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by vonn(f): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
Whhhhaaaaaaaattttt!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Dorisbest(f): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dave is a fool for thinking suicide is the best solution to his problem. I can imagine what is soul is going now. Total damnation. Mud trying to swallow him the way Glowingscenes narrated in episode 32 of her story[SWITCHED]
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by morsadh(m): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Lord!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by ezblessyn(f): 9:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
I knew dave was going to end up like this. What with all his threat of sucide. And I also believe he has a dark unpleasant secret he is hiding. Super writer u r too much. More pls!
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Funniez: 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2014
Gosh! So Dave is dead?? @op is this beauriful novel a come-tragedy??
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by goldwaters(f): 10:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Heeeee Audrey, is it this very delicate suspenders u want to keep us this night? shocked shocked shocked

U have a wonderful work here dear, God bless u.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by bibie01(f): 10:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dave? Awww cry cry
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by okotv(m): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2014
i almost gave up on the story cause i thought divorce would be involved...thank God i did not give up so come and update quickly and as for the network issue its same here...ETISALAT to be precise.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by pricelesslove(f): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
oooo no. pls dave should not die ooo, i pity Oleng. well done dearie.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by mmig: 10:20pm On Aug 19, 2014
oh no! wat a pety. #teamdav. he must nt die. bt y is he hell bent on suicide?.. & deir is a missing link somewhere in wic d author is yet to disclose....let wait & c nxt episode....more grace to ur finger
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by leoloi: 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
yepeeeee team Erick...

STATUS REPORT AUDERY? HURRY ABEG
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by AudreyTimms(f): 10:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
Adrenaline pushed her and she ran towards him. She knelt down and for felt his pulse. Relief flooded her when she discovered he was still alive but barely. Screaming hysterically, she ran to call her neighbor. Her neighbor’s husband and the gate man carried him to her car.

She prayed throughout the short journey to the hospital. When they got to the hospital, the wait nearly killed her. She prayed and prayed. She begged God to give her one more chance to love him and she would try her best to do so. She called Aunt Vien to tell her the situation. Aunt Vien rushed down to the hospital to be with her. When the family doctor came out with a grim look on his face and shook his head, Oleng fainted instantly.

Her neighbor was there on time to catch her before she fell to the ground.

When she was revived, she was told that Dave was okay but she felt they were lying to her. She insisted on seeing him before she believed. When she saw her husband looking so pale, she burst into tears.

“It’s okay Oleng. He’s fine. It was tough but we were able to flush out all the poison from his system. If he had been brought thirty minutes later than when he was brought, he would definitely have died but we thank God, that's not the case.” Their family doctor assured her but she cried on heedlessly.

She held her husband’s hand and wept profusely on it.
“I’m so sorry. So sorry.” she said continuously.

Aunt Vien and her neighbors gave her some privacy with her husband and went home. When Aunt Vien came back in the evening and met Oleng in the same position still in a melancholic mood, she scolded her.

“Do you want to be on the next bed to his instead of gathering strength to take care of him?”

Oleng raised a tear stained face to look at her. “You don’t understand. I came this close to losing him.” She gestured with her thumb and index fingers “It would have been all my fault had he died. I was being so stubborn to the man who means the world to me. What would I have done if he had died? How would I have been able to cope without him? I would never have been able to forgive myself.” She lamented.

Aunt Vien went to put an arm around her. “It’s alright, my dear. He didn’t die and we should be grateful to God for that. Nothing is your fault. You didn’t know he was going to attempt suicide. In the circumstances in which you left his house, one would understand your reluctance in going back.”

“But marriage is for better for worse like you told me, Aunty. I should have gone back earlier instead of putting him on this hospital bed.”

“Stop it Oleng!” her aunt almost yelled. “Afterall, you didn’t tell him to commit suicide. Frankly, I’m even angry with him for attempting to end a life that is not his. You left him, so what? That shouldn't have given him the right to attempt suicide. Life goes on. After all, he’s not the first man with a broken home and he won’t be the last.”

“Aunty, how can you talk like that?” Oleng was appalled.

Her aunt removed her hand from her shoulders to look at her. “I’m only being realistic here. I left my husband because I couldn’t stand his second wife but look at me today, am I not still living? Life goes on no matter the troubles. Show me any one who says he or she doesn’t have any problem and I’ll show you a liar. Trouble must definitely come but we just have to face them and allow God to carry them for us,” she continued, “I never knew Dave to be a lily livered person. I’m disappointed in him. I expected him to try to woo you back into his house and not take life into his own hands no matter how desperate he was. Learn from this Oleng, now you know what your husband is capable of.”

Oleng was speechless by the time she finished. She just stared at her aunt who looked wiser beyond her years.
“Please will you help me talk to him when he finally wakes up?”

“I most definitely will,” she firmly conceded. “Now come and eat the food I prepared for you.”

When Dave woke up the following day, Oleng was by his side and quickly grabbed his hand and kissed it.

“Oh! Thank God. Thank God you’re awake. God, thank you.” She looked up to the ceiling in gratitude. “How are you feeling?”

Dave had to swallow several times before he was able to croak, “Weak.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll be on your feet in no time.” She smiled brightly. “Let me get Dr. Ekang to examine you.” She rushed out to call their family doctor.

The doctor came along with her and checked his vital signs and smiled.
“Your husband is alright. He needs a lot of rest but he’s okay. Dave, you gave us quite a scare. Why would you do such a thing?.... Never mind. There’s plenty of time to discuss that. Just relax and let your wife take care of you.” Dr. Ekang said gently and smiled.

He left the room after Oleng finished thanking him profusely.

“Dave, I’m so sorry. So sorry. I’d already made up my mind to come back but I wanted to surprise you. I didn’t know you were serious about taking your life. Why would you do that?”

“It’s okay...... my angel. I’m sorry for cau..sing you so much pain,” he spoke slowly. “I.... thought you had.... left me for good and I couldn’t.... face the future alone without... you.” Then he smiled a little. “Now you know why.... I call you angel. You saved my life. If you hadn’t ......come along, I would have died and..... all because of a surprise. I’m sorry for pu....tting you through the...the... pain.”

“No. I should be the one apologizing. My place is with you. I married you for better, for worse and I shouldn’t have refused to come back at the first sign of trouble….Dave, please promise me one thing. Please.” She solemnly requested.

“What is it, my.... angel?” he inquired looking into her eyes. “You know I’ll do any....thing for you.”

“Please promise me you’ll never attempt to take your life again. Please. No matter the situation, please promise me that you’ll never think of leaving me again. You mean the world to me.” She passionately pleaded, looking deeply into his eyes.

Dave raised her hands to his lips. “I promise.... I promise. I love you.”

“I love you too.” She kissed him and hugged him on the bed.

Dave spent a total of two weeks in the hospital much to his chagrin. Oleng was surprised when her Mother-in-law and Felicia came to see him in the hospital and didn’t accuse her of trying to kill him. She was even more surprised when they apologized for throwing her out and wished her a happy married life.

Dave told her that he had gone to Port Harcourt to plead with them to leave them alone. She was indeed surprised at the change in their attitude towards her just because he went to talk to them. She wondered if suddenly he had a way with words because he hadn’t been able to get through to them in the past. She was happy at the new development though.

When Dave was finally discharged from the hospital, he didn’t feel like going back to the house he had attempted to take his own life but he didn’t have a choice. When Oleng finished dropping him at home, she went back to Aunt Vien’s place to get her things. She was grateful to Aunt Vien who had spoken deeply with Dave making him promise never to embark on such a sordid journey again.

They fell back into their daily routine of husband and wife before his family threw her out. Oleng tried more than ever now to truly love her husband while Dave even loved her more.

They laid on their matrimonial bed together when Dave decided to tell her what he had been keeping from her, waiting for the right time.

“Angel,” he called softly.

“Hmm,” she responded, albeit sleepily.

“How would you feel if we were to go back to Port Harcourt?” he inquired as he laid on an elbow to look at her.

“To do what? Visit your family?” She inquired gently.

“No. To live.”

“What?” She sat up, amazed.

He sat up also and placed a pillow behind him on the head board.

“When I came back from off shore, I discovered that I’d been transferred to Port Harcourt by the company.”

“What?” Surprise was written all over her face.

“Due to everything that happened, I was unable to tell you. I’m supposed to resume there next month.”

“Next month is just a week and some days away.” She said in alarm.

“I know. What do you say? Will you go with me or you’d rather remain here.”

She was silent for a while. To go back to the place where she had such sweet and bitter memories of her childhood wasn't appealing but she didn’t have a choice.

“You know my place is with you. Of course I’ll go with you.” she informed him, smiling.

He kissed her. “That’s my angel.”

“There's some much to do before you leave. I’ve to resign first of all. We have to plan how we will move our things down there….. Accommodation. We haven’t even thought of where we’d live when we get there……. God forbid! I won’t live in your family house.” She vehemently told him.

He smiled easily. “No one is asking you to. I’ve contacted a house agent there who is already looking for a house for us. I want to buy a house this time around. No more renting.”

“Really? That would be wonderful. The privacy and all. Can we afford it?”

“Yes. You know money isn’t an issue for me. There are a lot of things to sort out before we go there. I think I’ll have to go first then when you’re through, you’ll come and join me.”

“Okay. If you say so.” She agreed witheringly.

“Please make it snappy though. You know I can’t live without you.”

“Neither can I.” She returned, smiling and they both laid back on the bed to sleep.

Aunt Vien was sad when she was told of their migration plans. She lamented on how she would miss them when she was helping with the packing and all.

A week and some days later, Dave left for his new post in Port Harcourt. Oleng was to join him in two weeks.

The day finally came and Oleng and her Aunt wept like babies. They kept reminding each other that Port Harcourt was only a few hours away and they would see each other frequently. Oleng thanked her continuously for accommodating her and all her help over the years. She finally entered Dave's car and followed the lorry that was taking their things to her new destination.

Thus her life in Calabar was closed and she was back to Port Harcourt again.

END OF PART ONE

*Hold on to your seat belts everyone 'cause we are about to change gear! Part two is coming up soon with a lot of drama. Why drama no dey gree finish for Oleng life? Abi person swear for am?*

15 Likes

Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by hebenz(m): 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2014
wetin dey worry dis dave self"? shey na only him go first fall in love... he just dey threaten d girl's life
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by segunjowo(m): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dave is not to be trusted. He knows he cant father a baby. He is hiding so many things from Oleng. He lied to eric about oleng etc. He will be exposed in ph soon enough.
Nice story Audrey.
Re: Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms by Sarahjoe1000(f): 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
*Seat belt and helmet on* audrey i dnt know about the others but i dey your back oo...full speed ahead sis*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (109) (Reply)

A Man To Call Her Own / SPEECHLESS:A Story By Marianneada / Behind Her Veil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.