Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,966 members, 7,799,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Circle Of Three. - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Circle Of Three. (33183 Views)

In The Circle Of Commotion / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
She started to search her belongings.

"Ha! Where is my swimsuit?" Her open mouth was followed by more searching. Frantic searching that yielded nothing.

"I could not have left it. Ha! She bit her finger. Ha!" She was imagining how refreshing the water could have been.

A third 'Ha!'did not escape from her lips before she took a bus to Oshodi.

When she got there, she was in for a shocker.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
Oshodi was a bit odd, a bit eerie when she arrived. The reluctance of the bus driver to drop her at her destination was the first hint of the danger she was taking on when she decided to come here. Fortunately for her, it was over.

Burnt tyres filled the streets, giving an odious smell and a 'blacky' sight. Sharp objects of metal was scattered all around the area, and the ceramics called glass bottles were not left out of the mess that was visible. It was simple to her.

Oshodi gangs were at it again. Some people must have fought her.

She ran to her compound, meeting her aunt's neighbor.

"Aunty Nkechi, what happened?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
Aunty Nkechi was best known as an 'amebo', one of those people whose God-given ability was to gossip and make the gossip 'sweet'. The lies used by them were legendary when it regarded a single person.

But they said the truth when events like this happen.

"Ah! Where did you go to? Na God save you oh!" She started, clapping her hands together.

"Na armed robbers come rob everybody for this area oh! They kill plenty people, even pikin them kill. They came around 10 pm", Comfort's blood ran cold when she heard that, she had left 9.45pm for Ikeja. "Na so they just dey shoot, dey kill people. From wetin I hear, some police people join them. Na so for this morning, OPC guys com come, dey gather boys make they go storm the armed robbers. How them sabi the place I no know", She paused and spat on the ground, "na so they come dey fight, na so fight come spread reach here oh! See as people dey run, even me dey comot. Wetin you dey find for here?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
"Na one cloth I wan pick." Comfort replied.

"Ha! Better do quick comot for here, make them no come catch you. E be like say them come find you sef. Anyway I do dey go." Nkechi folded her 'gele' and made some adjustment before scurrying away like a cockroach.

Comfort rushed home, now getting anxious. That was the problem with getting this kind of information, it usually invites fear to you. Luckily for her, the swimsuit she was looking for was on the floor in front of her. She picked it and ran off.

Once on the street, she gathered speed. She was in no mood to say hi, lest any misfortune reach her domain. She was so in touch with the danger that she almost knocked a guy down.

Or she almost knocked him flat.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2014
The collision with something other than wind stopped her temporarily. She slowed down even further when the person called her name. Her shock, however started when she recognised the fellow.

It was Tunji, stabbed cruelly with a cutlass and battered seriously by no one known to her.

"Comfort!" His voice was understandably quiet but sharp. His blooded hand and fingers were aimed to her, begging for mercy, begging for help.

Those movements only scared the hell out of her as she sped away like Michael Schumacher in a Formula One race track.

She was at the expressway now, stuck as no bus was passing. She was about crying and cursing herself for coming back when she saw Chukwuma, the local pharmacist driving towards her way with his Benz E-class car.
Re: Circle Of Three. by TroubleMaker01(f): 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
rapmike:

Free Sidi oh, Cassie is her boss oh! She is not guaranteed of a good boss if Cassie dies.

Just like Wande Coal's song... They don turn her water (Sidi) to wine, you wan make she look make e turn back to water, she no fit oh!
i no go free am johr dat z vewi bad nd she could say it 2 ha face dat dat z y she wants ha alive
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
TroubleMaker01:
i no go free am johr dat z vewi bad nd she could say it 2 ha face dat dat z y she wants ha alive

She is been honest now, besides that's not the only reason she mentioned.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2014
"Oga Chuks! Oga Chuks!! Oga Chuks!!!"

Comfort ran towards the car, almost forgetting about her issue.

"Oga Chuks!!!! Oga......" The car turned towards her, slowing down gracefully. Comfort quickly ran towards the car, obviously happy that her luck turned around.

"Good afternoon sir. Please can you help me? I need to get to Ikeja."

The car window was brought down to reveal a young, slim, not that handsome man of about 28 years, whose obvious calm was partially due to the car that he was inside.

"Fine, you can come in. I am heading there myself."

1 Like

Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2014
Comfort quickly hopped in and drove off, her heart still skipping beats as she saw the last of Oshodi.

"So what are you doing in Ikeja?" He asked, bringing out a smile that outclassed anything that negative that she could have thought about him. Comfort, however, was not even aware of the question.

"Hello?" He shook her as he drove, You seem lost here."

Comfort suddenly came back to her immediate surroundings and in the fashion of Nollywood, smiled at him sheepishly.

"What did you say, sir?"

He shook his head and said nothing, preferring to leave her to her thoughts.

They soon reached Ikeja and she dropped not far from the hotel, thanked him and ran to her base.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:58am On Oct 14, 2014
Once in the hotel, she ordered for some food before entering to her room and sitting down.

The shock of what was Oshodi a few minutes ago was still slipping into her. The carnage, Nkechi's gossip and the sight of Tunji were replaying in her head.

Tunji! One will not believe that his story will end soon badly, especially if his kind of life in school was to be considered. That a previously bigger than life profile of Tunji will be stuck in the mess that he was and to die in there was pitiful, even if he tried to rape her in school. She then remembered Courage's warning earlier that week.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Flakeey(f): 8:45am On Oct 14, 2014
wowww
Re: Circle Of Three. by EllaGold35(f): 11:45am On Oct 14, 2014
Now its making lotta sense
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
She quickly called her friend and explained what happened.

"You see what I told you, visions can be real, besides I can't start pulling such pranks with people I love. Comfort was touched by this statement. I hope you are somewhere else sha?"

"Yes, I told you of Terry."

"So, why are you still in Lagos?"

"Na my aunty oh! She said that they promoted her and that she has another meeting to attend."

"Eeyah! That's unfair on you. So what's on your mind?"

"Na to go the swimming pool after I chop."

"Ehen, big girl. Wetin you order?"

"I ordered fried rice with shrimps and chicken."

"Rice with shrimps and chicken? Where you see that kin thing? Anyway na big girl food."

The bell rang. "I must go, na the food be that."

"Okay, send my own part oh!"

"Muah!" She kissed the phone and went after the bell.
Re: Circle Of Three. by codedbaby(f): 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
following
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
Soon after, chicken bones and shrimps were littered all around the plate, confirming her 'bush girl' status. Not that she cared, she was very hungry after what she saw.

Her gastric needs now met, Comfort sat back in the bed, wondering what could have been. How can Tunji just die like that? Is life so useless? She had heard of guys who died while swimming in a hotel pool, students that is. She has also heard of guys who died due to illness, but she has not met anyone who died to ask how it was, neither has anyone that was close to her die.

Until Tunji.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:10pm On Oct 14, 2014
She now wondered where Tunji will be now. Probably in the morgue or worse still, scattered to pieces. What about the real him, the soul? Is he/ it close to hell? What about her? If she had died nko, what will be her fate? Her aunt and Terry will just cry with Cassie and Courage, na she go dey alone. What will be her stand?

Fear gripped her. What will she stand on truly? Will she just float around in the air or will she, like in the proverbial local film, wander around until her killers were brought to justice? If so, then many people's spirit float around. What is the use of gathering so much wealth when you won't carry it after you die? If you don't have kids its worse, but even with kids its not secure, the i*diots could spend all the money after you die.

She picked her phone and dialed a number.

"Courage, is there any hope for me?"
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
"Ehen?"

"Courage, I am serious here. If I died like Tunji or died now, what kind of hope will I have?"

"What are you saying?"

"If you die, where will you be? What plan do you have?"

"If I die now, na heaven sure pass. Even if I no die but trumpet sounds, heaven be that oh! See you."

"Courage, I dey fear na, what of if na so I die comot? Na the next thing you go talk be that?"

Courage became serious. "You can't have hope in me. I am just a human being. Comfort, even as a friend, the only thing I can do is to pray for you when you die."

"But there is hope in Jesus! You can come to him and....."

Courage's phone went dead.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
She shook her head and promptly started to charge it.

Out of boredom, she switched the telly on, just in time for a church program.

The presenter spoke on Jesus, Heaven and Hell, with testimonies from people who had received one healing or the other. He then reached the moment when he asked for those who wanted to give their lives to Jesus.

Comfort did not waste anytime. Pronto, she went on her knees and prayed along with the guy. The man then prayed for them and everyone else who had watched the program before rounding off.

1 Like

Re: Circle Of Three. by kingphilip(m): 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
Mike u r really doing gud n I have to commend ur willpower to continue this despite d long update saga u had

more strength to write I wish u
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
Once she was done with the prayer, she felt a sense of relief. She immediately called Courage and relayed what happened which delighted her.

The days rolled by, the three girls enjoying their holiday and IT. Cassie had shaken off her love sickness and was renewed and stronger, while Comfort was enjoying her time with Terry and her aunt in Abuja. Courage, who stayed back in school was also doing well in school.

Schooling resumed, with the session been the last for Cassie and Courage, while Comfort had one more session. Cassie settled the lingering questions with her lecturer, kindly but quietly declining his offer. Comfort was now serious with studies and had even become a serious church member.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
Rapmikey more Ink to ur pen..more wisdom to ur fountain of knowledge...
Keep it up.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
kingphilip:
Mike u r really doing gud n I have to commend ur willpower to continue this despite d long update saga u had

more strength to write I wish u

Thanks.
Re: Circle Of Three. by missviva(f): 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2014
Interesting.....
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
NigellusHosan:
Rapmikey more Ink to ur pen..more wisdom to ur fountain of knowledge...
Keep it up.

Thanks, how FUTO now?
Re: Circle Of Three. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
rapmike:

Thanks, how FUTO now?
That Lady, She dey o...me dey my own financially for Olodi-Apapa now.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:37am On Oct 15, 2014
The session rolled as fast as the holidays and before you could say Ade, second semester examinations were on the way.

Cassie had finished her last paper and in the tradition of OAU students, was dancing around campus with her classmates, making a lot of noise and enjoying the show, despite the water been poured by the guys when she heard her name.

She turned back to see Adedayo, smiling at her.

Courage was also done with her examinations, but was not interested in the dancing and celebrations. She was going to call Ken when he showed up.

"Courage, I want to ask something from you."
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:47am On Oct 15, 2014
She looked at him suspiciously, his smile and dressing adding to her suspicions.

"Ok, ask me."

"Courage, we have been in a relationship for almost two years now and I have not got tired of loving you. In fact, I love you the more everyday."

"You are loyal and sweet, intelligent and modest, your strength is synonymous to your name and you are beautiful. You have all the attributes I have in a woman."

He went on one knee, leading to her opening her eyes widely. "Courage, I have thought of it and I can't see any other option, because my heart belongs to you. Will you please marry me." He brought out a ring.

"I know its not an expensive ring but......."

"Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!" Courage had already ran towards him, not minding the fact that they were in front of ODLT, with other students watching.

"I will marry you."
Re: Circle Of Three. by kingphilip(m): 7:22am On Oct 15, 2014
I think u made a mistake somewhere where u replaced courage with comfort

Gud piece tho
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
kingphilip:
I think u made a mistake somewhere where u replaced courage with comfort

Gud piece tho

Please where exactly? This story is ending soon.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ken's heart was un bundled as Courage rushed towards him and engaged him in a tight hug. Busy-bodies and inquisitive student journalists were staring at them seriously, a small crowd already forming but they did not notice. The world was suddenly lost as they exhaled out their joy.

The mood was interrupted briefly when a lecturer came through the crowd for his lecture.

"What's happening here?"

They looked towards his direction and quickly disengaged, knowing that a disgruntled lecturer will always be out to destroy people's fun.

"Let's go somewhere." Ken dragged her away as onlookers looked on.

They went to Fivers for a meal to celebrate their news

Cassie stared at him, wondering what he was doing there. When he did not make a move, she quickly ran to meet her crowd.

Adedayo, on seeing this, ran to meet her.

"Cassie, I want us to talk."

Now she looked at him with a disapproving eyes, even though she replied in the affirmative.

They walked to Awolowo cafe and found a bench to sit down. He adjusted his shirt and his tie as he spoke.

"Cassie, I am sorry for what happened."
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
She looked at him straight in the eye. "So? What can I do for you?" She knew where he was going and it irked her that she actually sat down to hear him.

"Cassie, answer me please. Don't look at me that way." It was obvious that she was angry at him. Very angry at him.

"I know that I offended you, but please don't make me your enemy. I know that I have done you wrong." He continued to beg her, Cassie crossing her legs together and staring at him. When he finished, she hissed and uncrossed her legs.

"Adedayo, I have nothing to do with you. I have forgiven you, true, but I don't know what warrants all this begging. Adedayo, if you are looking for a way in my life, you better take a hike because there is not way. I don't need a boyfriend in my life right now and even if I did, it will never be you."
Re: Circle Of Three. by kingphilip(m): 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
rapmike:

Please where exactly? This story is ending soon.
"Courage, we have been in a relationship for almost
two years now and I have not got tired of loving you. In
fact, I love you the more everyday."
"You are loyal and sweet, intelligent and modest, your
strength is synonymous to your name and you are
beautiful. You have all the attributes I have in a
woman."
He went on one knee, leading to her opening her eyes
widely. "Comfort, I have thought of it and I can't see
any other option, because my heart belongs to you.
Will you please marry me." He brought out a ring.
I think the bolded is a mixup

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Faceless By Amma Darko / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature / That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.