Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,897 members, 7,798,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Circle Of Three. - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Circle Of Three. (33182 Views)

In The Circle Of Commotion / All In A Circle.....(A crime story) / “Conspiracy Of Lagos” Chronicles The Vicious Circle Of Lagos Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 10:05pm On Sep 03, 2014
Rapmike how are you, you don't update as usuall. Hope ur okay?
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2014
Tannie: Rapmike how are you, you don't update as usuall. Hope ur okay?

Hi, I am sorry for the erratic nature, its due to the stress of school work.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2014
rapmike:

Hi, I am sorry for the erratic nature, its due to the stress of school work.

That ok. Thank God your fine, was kinda worried.
Re: Circle Of Three. by codedbaby(f): 10:03am On Sep 04, 2014
wow thanks Rapmike for dedicating this part to me and esixlove. God will honour u too. more strength dearie
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
"Ehen, that's how you will advise her to date a 50 year old man."

"Comfort, he is not 50, at least Cassie did not say so."

"How do you know........"

"Did I tell you what I saw today, Courage?" Cassie interrupting the discussion, "I saw a newsboard clipping on the Clique talking about Linda."

"Which Linda?" Courage asked, trying to listen to what Cassie and Comfort were saying at the same time.

"That Linda now, the one that was dating Ken, that Comfort caught with Tunji."

"That pig!" Comfort said angrily, suddenly diverting the whole talk from Cassie love-life, "What did she do?"

"Hmnn," they said she carried drugs.

"Ehen, every girl carries at least Paracetamol for aches once in a while." Courage said.

"Girl, na wa o! You think say na that kind of drug she dey take about? Na......" Comfort made some facial expressions like someone sniffing a hard drug.

"That kind of drug? Linda?" Courage said after understanding what Cassie was talking about, "What is she doing with them?"

"From the news, it was said that she was selling them to customers."

"Ehen?! The same Linda! Hmn Ken was trying oh!" Courage was saying as Comfort kept quiet like she was in a daze." Abi you dey buy cocaine from am?" Courage asked Comfort, turning suddenly to her.

"Tufiakwa! God Forbid! Who do you take me for?" Comfort said, looking stunned and slightly angry at Courage.

"Shebi na you dey go party pass, you wan talk say you no sabi say dem they distribute drugs at those parties?"

"Not the kind of party I attend, I only attend responsible parties."

"Like the one at Diganga?" Courage asked while Cassie looked on, interested at the mental tussle beginning to come up.

"That was a one-off thing, besides I don't date Tunji again. How can you think of me like that, eh Courage?" Comfort said, looking misty.

"I meant no harm, I was just been inquisitive."

"I can't do such thing, its bad and dangerous. Even if Tunji tried such, he will not succeed in making me do so."

"Ok o, was just asking. So what happened to her now?"

"I read that she and her accomplices are in detention. To think that she could do such thing is scary." Cassie chipped in.
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 8:06pm On Sep 05, 2014
Welldone bro
Re: Circle Of Three. by Imunique: 12:10am On Sep 06, 2014
Rapmike, well done.
Been a quiet reader of your story and I must say dat u r doing a great job.
Clamouring for more updates. cheesy
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
"Well, I am not surprised." Courage said, "she looked like the type, just that the drugs part of it makes it more unfortunate. "

"Hmn, what of if she sent her thugs to you or me, Courage? This is a serious issue, we don tackle this girl before." Comfort said, looking at the floor critically like it was a puzzle. "Maybe she dey wait for the day we go cross her part for town."

"Or maybe she don attack someone and the person dealt with her." Cassie said. "Anyway, it has been sorted out. Let's thank God for his mercies."

The other girls nodded their assents.

The week rolled quickly, as Cassie traveled to Lagos in order to hustle a place for her IT. She was yet undecided on her status and had not replied her lecturer, although she was finding it more difficult to refuse his offer. Even though he did not disturb her directly, he has tried to know what her mind was towards him, asking some other students who st.upidly spilled his questions as they asked her unnecessarily about her relationship. Some, like Dupe warranted no answer from her.

Two weeks into her Industrial Training (IT), she went for a wedding that involved her lawyer's daughter. The young lady was getting married to a son of an oil mogul and the wedding was high class in all standards. She went to feel good and clear her head off the recent happenings, maybe even see an interesting guy.

What she did not expect to see was Adedayo.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
Don't tell me adedayo z getting married
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
shocked
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hope say no b Adedayo be the groom sha?Rapmike kan finish dis thing you start o
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:06am On Sep 08, 2014
Easy ladies, easy. Hopefully I will update the story today.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 1:41am On Sep 10, 2014
She almost fainted seeing him. He looked so innocent,so free and so handsome, like nothing happened to him. She could feel anger rising up her head, as she wanted so quickly to punch him. How could he be so free, so happy after all he had put her through?

"Cassie, Cassie, Cassie!" Ifeoma, the sister to the newly wedded bride called to her as she came to sit by her side. Cassie quickly recovered from her avalanche of thoughts, but not before Ifeoma noticed.

"Cassie, what happened? This one that you looked petrified, like you saw a ghost."

"Nothing."

"Really? After staring towards that direction for like 30 minutes. She noticed Adedayo all of a sudden. Or is he that handsome?"

"Ifeoma, you don't quit! Its not about him."

"Hmnn," ifeoma looked at her, frowning her face a bit, "I refuse to believe you. What else will make you stare at a particular man for minutes if not that you like him. Or are you turning to be a lesbian?"

Cassie was so shocked at the question that her punch almost broke Ifeoma's arm.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 2:00am On Sep 10, 2014
"Ifeoma! How dare you think of me that way? After all you know about me?"

"Well, University students nowadays are known to be crazy, not sure if I could vouch for you." Ifeoma said, holding her arm tightly, "God, you are still as strong as ever."

"Before nko! You think I will lose to you in gaining strength abi? Even if we fight now, I will still beat you!"

"If I hear! We will fix time to fight, yeye girl!"
Both girls started to laugh about it heartily as they remembered their childhood days. They were a troublesome duo in school, a friendship forged due to their dads relationship, one working as a Lawyer to the other. They fought each other and with other children, especially boys. Ifeoma was taller, darker and slightly older than Cassie, but was so beautiful that she could pass for a beauty queen. However all those attributes hid the fact that she was a strong fighter and to make matters more complicated, the fights she had never showed on her skin.

"So is he the groom?" Cassie asked a bit uninterested.

"No."
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 6:55am On Sep 11, 2014
Cassie heaved a sigh of relief, which made Ifeoma to look more suspiciously at her.

"Cassie, speak to me. Wetin concern you with the guy?"

"Wetin I talk now?"

"Cassie, you can't deceive me. Your body language tells me that you have history with him."

"Hmn, which history? Ifeoma na you write history book wey me and am dey?"

"Cassie I repeat,you can't deceive me. I am a lady and I have been around ladies for long to understand their body language. Cassie, something tells me you know this guy. Why you are denying it when its obvious?"

"Cassie!" Both ladies turned around to see Adedayo looking at them.

"Ah, he even knows your name, so what excuse do you want to bring?"

"Did I say that I don't know him?"

"You insinuated so."

"Ifeoma abeg no come......"

Cassie, can we talk? Adedayo asked her, standing close to her.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Horlardorjah(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2014
Lovely piece @rapmike.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 12:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Ifeoma looked at Cassie, nudging her on with her eyes. Cassie surprised at his boldness, decided to give him audience.

"Cassie, Can we talk somewhere else?"

"Ade, whatever you have to say, say it here! Am not going anywhere with you."

"Cassie, I just feel that this place is too open. We can discuss....."

"Here." Cassie said firmly. "Or if what you have to say is so secretive, Find someone else to talk to."

"Cassie, why are you like this? Listen to the guy."

"Ifeoma, its not your business."

"Says who?"

"Says me. If he speaks here, then fine, if he does not, its none of my business. Besides I want you here to judge the situation."

Adedayo knew that from her utterances she will not budge, so he started.

"Cassie, forgive me........"

Comfort was walking towards her Aunty's place, an aunt who she has not seen for a long time. In fact, She had not seen her since she was five. She was about entering when she heard her name from the back.

She saw Tunji.
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 3:34pm On Sep 12, 2014
Chaiiiii see suspense o
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2014
Like a light bulb, Comfort's eyes lit up in anger. "What are you looking for here?"

He looked at her, a bit bemused." So we can't greet without any trouble, Comfort? Has it become this bad?"

"Yes, it has." Comfort answered, "At least for a guy who broke my heart twice and attempted to r@pe me once, its enough to put distance between us."

"Comfort, I understand that you don't like me and I understand if you don't trust me but Comfort please don't make me your enemy."

"Hmn,see who is talking. So after everything you did to me, you expect me to greet you normally? No Tunji, I can't. No matter what you say, I can't accept your friendship. Tunji, you are Devil's right hand man."

"Comfort, please forgive me. I have not been normal since that incident, I have suffered hurt and shame from home, my parents have turned against me and I have no friend in the world. Comfort, I know that I have offended you and it will be a dream to ever be close to you but please forgive me." He ended his plea on the floor,crying.

"Fine I forgive you but don't expect us to be close again." Comfort said. "So am I free to go?"

"Thank you, Comfort." He said standing up." I won't disturb you any further."
Re: Circle Of Three. by hujaj: 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2014
Nice write up. Really enjoying it. Can't wait for the continuation dude Nice write up. Really enjoying it. Can't wait for the continuation dude Nice write up. Really enjoying it. Can't wait for the continuation dude
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 12:19am On Sep 14, 2014
"Cassie, I know that I have offended you, but I believe that you can find it somewhere in there to forgive me. I was s.tupid to drop you that way."

"So what happened exactly to your dad's title ambition?" Cassie asked, rolling her eyes. Ifeoma was spell-bound by everything that Adedayo gave away as per his relationship with Cassie. However, she kept herself from asking questions, as she did not want to disrupt the chemistry she was seeing.

Or maybe lack of it.

"As my uncle was found and the whole plot exposed, he was dropped. My dad was relieved, especially as he could divorce my mum without any issue, which he did without hassles. But Cassie, my heart has not healed since then, I need you more than ever. Please Cassie, consider me once again and I won't make you regret it."

"As you made me regret it before abi? What of if your uncle really dies and your dad has to take the stool, what will happen to me?" She asked. After getting no response, she smiled." Sorry Adedayo, this heart is closed til further notice."

Comfort eyed him as Tunji retreated to the streets. She was wondering if she did the right thing by forgiving him. She knew it was right in all ways, but she wondered why she did so easily, besides she was beginning to get some weird feelings.

Bad romance! Her twin self said in her mind.
Re: Circle Of Three. by aprilwise(m): 8:57am On Sep 14, 2014
Wonderful masterpiece. weldone. keep d job goin
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 11:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Comfort opened the door as soon as she got in, just to meet an inquisitive aunty.
Comfort, what are you doing with that boy? Get inside now! She ordered Comfort, dragging the girl with her.

Cassie, reconsider. You know that I truly love you? Adedayo said, almost kneeling down. Ifeoma was touched by his simplicity and his attitude,but Cassie was having none of it.
Ade, Ade, stand up abeg! I no send you message, I am not interested anymore. What is hard in that statement to understand?Please. Please, don't embarrass me or yourself here. She stood up and started walking away, an action which drew the attention of guests seated around them. Cassie, noticing the attention, got more angry and walked sharply towards the exit. Adedayo tried to follow her but Ifeoma stopped his hand.

Tell me what happened.

Comfort aunty dragged her to a seat.

"Comfort, wetin you dey do with that useless guy?"

"Aunty, I do nothing oh! Na him just greet me."

"No lie for me! Am an elderly woman."

Comfort eyed the woman, obviously angry at the way she was behaving, especially as she had barely landed.

"Aunty, I no do any oh! I just dey come now,now na so you come dey accuse me, I no like am oh!" She was reluctant about visiting her aunt because of situations like this. The older woman's ultra-suspicious way of looking at her every time she comes pisses her off to no end, especially as was usually baseless. This often shadowed the woman's kind heart and other 'fairer' attitudes.

"Aunty, I no like am at all!" Comfort almost shouted at the older woman when she persisted with the question.
The older woman was now convinced. "Why did he greet you?"
"Its because we attend the same university, or at least he attended it before he was suspended."

"Okay, I am just looking out for you, just be careful sha. You know that you are the only link to my sister." Comfort was blushing, "I heard he r@ped a lady in school that why he was suspended."
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2014
Tanx 4 d update pls update 2day
Re: Circle Of Three. by Tannie(f): 8:18am On Sep 17, 2014
Still following
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 9:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
Sorry that I have been absent. I have some school issues to deal with in school.
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2014
Mike pls update, by d way who told u am a lady
rapmike: Easy ladies, easy.
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 12:13am On Sep 22, 2014
Comfort was gob-smacked to hear that from her aunt, especially as she was the lady involved. She recovered well enough though to disguise what was already an interesting facial expression from her aunt.

"Ehen? Me no know oo. Who tell you aunty?"

Who told me? It is all around town. His dad disowned him after hearing about what he did and now he is living with one guy in the area and is doing menial jobs for a living.

So aunt sabi menial jobs? Comfort asked herself before asking the aunt what kind of work he does.

"He was working for one construction site as person wey dey carry brick, he is now a cafe attendant in one of those cybercafes in town."

"Hmn, so that's why he never show for school abi?" Comfort pondered, already feeling sorry for him.

"So? Comfort, I don't want trouble. If I see you with him, I will have to send you away from here, you hear me?" Her aunty warned.

"Yes ma, I no mad nah." Comfort replied, smiling mischievously.

"I mean it Comfort. Oya, go and take your food"

"Cassie, you should give him a chance." Ifeoma said, looking at an unconcerned Cassie. Cassie was busy in the reception toilet, combing her ruffled hair.

"Did he tell you what he did?"

"Yes, and you are been childish, Cassie. He did not betray you, did he? It was a tough choice to make, besides his dad seems to have cleared the road for you, so I don't get why you should treat him like he cheated on you."

"Thank you! I am not interested in him." Cassie turned, looking at her friend.

"Yet you were so relieved when you realised that he was not the groom, you can't lie to me."

"See, you won't understand, me and him can't come together again."

"Why?"

"I am dating someone else!"
Re: Circle Of Three. by Queening(f): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2014
Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!! shocked
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 10:35am On Sep 22, 2014
Comfort yawned. It had been a long day, from seeing Tunji to her aunt's interrogation. She was not surprised that he was not in prison, knowing that his dad had connections. She was however surprised at his dad rejection of him. Tunji was the only son from what she gathered, so she could only imagine what level of anger he used to deal with Tunji. She was already feeling pity for the guy when her ' other half' of her mind repeated a phrase.

Bad romance!

Ifeoma looked shocked at Cassie, wondering what was to come next. Cassie, on the other hand, was calmer than a river in dry season.

"Or I intend to date someone else, that will be more appropriate."

"Cassie, come off it! Who are you talking about here, because I have not seen you with a guy since you came for your IT."

"Na my lecturer jare, oya go announce am!" Cassie said, feigning a bloodshot look at Ifeoma. Ifeoma was not impressed.

"Cassie, I can't advise you totally on your relationship because I was not there in the beginning, the only thing I will advise you to do is to think carefully. You don't know who or what your lecturer and Adedayo will turn to tomorrow,just use your head and not your emotions, okay."

"And stop hating Adedayo!"
Re: Circle Of Three. by seunviju(f): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
Cassie beter think wella o,make she no dey do shakara.Thanks for the update
Re: Circle Of Three. by rapmike(m): 7:26pm On Sep 22, 2014
Cassie looked in shock. "I don't hate him, Ifeoma, I am just confused about his case. I thought I was done with him, but seeing him today brings back memories."

"So, do you love him?"

"I don't know jare, I don't understand myself."

"Its possible that you are afraid of what will happen later in the future and I can't blame you, who knows tomorrow? But I don't want you to make mistakes because you broke up with a guy. Adedayo may or may not be the man for you, but you have to make sure you know what you want to do and you have to forgive him and move on. Learn your lessons, but don't keep a grudge. Besides, I really think he is better than you make him look."

"He is not bad, but am torn between options. If we did not break up, this will not have happened, but we broke up and........"

"And you can't afford another hurt in your heart, Cassie? I understand you, but as I said, evaluate your options before doing anything. Choose the right option and pray about it. Do you pray?"

"Well, to be frank, I have had no cause to pray." She looked at Ifeoma," I know, am a sinner already."

"Noo, you are not. There is nowhere in the bible that not praying is a sin, but praying is essential, because you don't know everything about people or yourself, but God does and he is interested in you."

"Ifeoma, abeg no preach for me. I don hear enough from all those ' better than thou' SU girls."

"This is not preaching. Cassie, who do you see God as?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Faceless By Amma Darko / Abdulrazak Gurnah Wins 2021 Nobel Prize In Literature / That Night In My Best Friend’s Bed (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.