Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,382 members, 7,808,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria (8010 Views)

Asuquo Ekpenyong, Nigeria’s Youngest Commissioner At 30 (pic) / Hon. Obinna Onwubuariri, The YOUNGEST LAWMAKER Tours His Constituency! / Meet The Youngest Minister Nigeria Has Ever Had [see Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by NewNigeriaMind: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2014
MEET: DANIEL ADEYILEKA 19 YEARS OLD.

Kindly do a little bit of introduction?
Daniel AdeyilekaMy name is Daniel Adeyelika; I was born on the 6th of February 1995 in Newcastle, England. I have spent most of my life in the United Kingdom, Indonesia, Nairn, Scotland and other countries abroad. I had my elementary education in Rose Bank Primary School, Nairn, Scotland, from there I moved to Grantown Grammar School also in Scotland where I completed my secondary school. In 2008, I came back to Nigeria and enrolled into Avicenna International School, Ikeja, GRA. I finished in 2009. I equally obtained my A-Levels in Greenville School, GRA. It was right after my A-Levels that I went straight to flying school in America

Where did you train?
I did my flight training in Texas, Dallas with Delta Flight School for nine (9) months. I knew I went there for a reason and not to play, I needed all the concentration, I go to school from Monday to Sunday. My Private Pilot License (PPL) was for one and a half month and my International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) was for three years.

During your training, were you teased for being the youngest in your class?
I was never teased but I was the youngest in my class and got along with everybody but there was a time I could not write certain exams due to my age, there were restrictions. I was asked to wait until I turned 18 years before I can do my commercial, so I was just reading all through those periods.

What were your challenges during training?

The challenge basically was when I was sent to Amsterdam for my Type Rating, it was really the toughest period I cant lie to you because it was not an easy task. I actually thought I was going to fail because I was the weakest in the class at the beginning but I came top of the class at the end. I kept telling my self “I can do it.” God really saw me through. The exercise lasted for one month. The challenge basically was when I was sent to Amsterdam for my Type Rating, it was really the toughest period I cant lie to you because it was not an easy task. I actually thought I was going to fail because I was the weakest in the class at the beginning but I came top of the class at the end. I kept telling my self “I can do it.” God really saw me through. The exercise lasted for one month.

What is your present position?
In the cockpit I am a first officer but salary level is second officer but it doesn’t really matter.

On which aircraft are you type rated?
A.Boeing 737 600 series to 900 series.

8 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by NewNigeriaMind: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2014
still daniel

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by NewNigeriaMind: 10:23am On Jul 24, 2014
MEET : ADEWALE YUSUFF

Adewale yusuff is the youngest pilot with Arik Air, he turned 22 on sunday march 16 2014

10 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 24, 2014
^^ just imagine......
Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by SpaceGoat: 10:37am On Jul 24, 2014
Daniel is my younger sisters inlaw auntys brother , i know him.

1 Like

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 24, 2014
Lovely.

I pray God's direction and perfection upon them.

1 Like

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Sijo01(f): 10:42am On Jul 24, 2014
Young Handsome dudes kiss kiss.......... continue to fly in safety Lads and make your generations proud.

10 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by FakeJews: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2014
Proudly Yoruba cool

4 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Chamack: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: While some of you are worried about the tribe the new Minister of aviation is coming from, these two young men are already leaders in their field in the Aviation sector.

Tomorrow one slowpoke will say Yoruba are in their class.
NewNigeriaMind indeed
Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by NewNigeriaMind: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2014
Chamack: NewNigeriaMind indeed

Yeah NEWNIGERIAMIND..........

2 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by NewNigeriaMind: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2014
That Yusuf guy got swag.....

3 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by NewNigeriaMind: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2014
SpaceGoat: Daniel is my younger sisters inlaw auntys brother , i know him.

You don start this attachment by force

1 Like

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Willy1willy: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2014
It is not easy, my prayers goes to those who are travelling everyday in Nigeria through Air.
Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Faun(m): 11:01am On Jul 24, 2014
NewNigeriaMind: While some of you are worried about the tribe the new Minister of aviation is coming from, these two young men are already leaders in their field in the Aviation sector.

Tomorrow one slowpoke will say Yoruba are in their class.

I hope that "some" refers to your fellow Yorubas, who are actually the ones complaining about Chidoka being another Igbo in the Aviation ministry?
The evidence is there if you'd like to see it.

4 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2014
I'm happy for the young pilots. Wish them accident-free flights. All The Best.

This doesn't have to turn to tribal bashing, it's unnecessary.

Cheers.
Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Willy1willy: 11:08am On Jul 24, 2014
Konmight: I'm happy for the young pilots. Wish them accident-free flights. All The Best.
Cheers.
I'm happy for them too, but my prayers goes to Nigerians using Air transport.
Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by NewNigeriaMind: 11:10am On Jul 24, 2014
Willy1willy:
I'm happy for them too, but my prayers goes to Nigerians using Air transport.

Trust me, with your thiefing sister out, they are safe, the focus is on safety now.

You are really pained aren't you.

3 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Willy1willy: 11:14am On Jul 24, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:
I am sure with your sister thiefoduah out and a more competent(hopefully) Chidoka is in, we have nothing to worry about.
Tell Jimo Ibrahim that Nigerians are saying #BringbackourAirNigeria.

3 Likes

Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Willy1willy: 11:32am On Jul 24, 2014
@NewNigeriaMin, You see what am saying, May God save Nigerians using air transport.

[b]Algeria airliner missing on Sahara route from Burkina FasoMap
Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, says it has lost contact with one of its planes flying from Burkina Faso.

Contact was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, the airline is quoted by Algeria's state news agency as saying.

The passenger airliner, last seen at 0155 GMT, was bound for the Algerian capital Algiers, it added.

Flight AH 5017 had 110 passengers and six crew on board, officials said.

"In keeping with procedures, Air Algerie has launched its emergency plan," Air Algerie officials, quoted by APS news agency, said.

The plane is chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair.

In a statement (in Spanish), Swiftair said that the aircraft was an MD83 and that they were unable to establish contact with the plane. The plane was originally scheduled to land at 0510 local time, it said.

Flight AH 5017 flies the Ouagadougou-Algiers route four times a week, AFP news agency reported
[/b]
Re: The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria by Leetunechi: 11:35am On Jul 24, 2014
I hope they aint gonno send these guys to fly over sambisa forest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Fashion / Governor Of Enugu Did Not Impregnate His Sister-In-Law / Government Officials Stopped From Honorary Doctorate Degrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.