Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Is Jesus Really God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Really God (1084 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Divorce! Pls What Is Really God's Take On This Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Yeah, I have been hearing all about this trinity stuff that God is Jesus, Jesus is God, the GOd head bla bla bla. however, people have not being able to perfectly explain the trinity. In my humble opinion, I don't really believe in d trinity, though I am a christian, I believe God is supreme and is not equal to JEsus and the Holy spirit. Dissenting views will be welcome.
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Eberex(m): 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
olire: Yeah, I have been hearing all about this trinity stuff that God is Jesus, Jesus is God, the GOd head bla bla bla. however, people have not being able to perfectly explain the trinity. In my humble opinion, I don't really believe in d trinity, though I am a christian, I believe God is supreme and is not equal to JEsus and the Holy spirit. Dissenting views will be welcome.

You have searched and searched for a topic that would attract attention or front page, pele...............go back and view old posts cos this topic has been trashed long long ago, or better still go and re-arrange all those rubbles and look for your Bible. I believe you are educated enough to read it yourself.

Re: Is Jesus Really God by romzyxy(m): 3:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
dix ix simple 2 understand if u read ur bible.or better go ask ur pastor
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 25, 2014
romzyxy: dix ix simple 2 understand if u read ur bible.or better go ask ur pastor
if its simple, can u please explain??
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Eberex:

You have searched and searched for a topic that would attract attention or front page, pele...............go back and view old posts cos this topic has been trashed long long ago, or better still go and re-arrange all those rubbles and look for your Bible. I believe you are educated enough to read it yourself.

Look on the bright side; U r first to comment cheesy
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
olire: Look on the bright side; U r first to comment cheesy
lol,nice. Anyway;as we were discussing on Whatsapp,Christians believe Jesus to be God,we after all,pray to him. I don't have too much Knowledge on the Trinity Side,but I think the most commonly held View is that the Father,Son and Holy Ghost are simply Manifestations of the same Being,God; although its confusing,like when Jesus said he'd send the Holy Spirit,was he going to send himself? and when Christ prayed in the Garden before the Arrest,was he praying to himself?
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
koonbey: lol,nice. Anyway;as we were discussing on Whatsapp,Christians believe Jesus to be God,we after all,pray to him. I don't have too much Knowledge on the Trinity Side,but I think the most commonly held View is that the Father,Son and Holy Ghost are simply Manifestations of the same Being,God; although its confusing,like when Jesus said he'd send the Holy Spirit,was he going to send himself? and when Christ prayed in the Garden before the Arrest,was he praying to himself?
if they were three different people, God will not enjoy others being worshipped besides him. The best possible explanation is that God in heaven is Yahweh, as a man, Jesus and after he left as Jesus, he is the holy spirit. But some parts of the bible suggest 3 different personas.
Re: Is Jesus Really God by ENEM3579(m): 4:03am On Jul 26, 2014
D trinity iz real,though i dnt think the word'trinity' is in d bible.
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
ENEM3579: D trinity iz real,though i dnt think the word'trinity' is in d bible.
Yeah, it is not.
Re: Is Jesus Really God by akinvest(m): 8:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
Jesus is same with God in one way, other ways Jesus is not God this is mystry, God is Spirit nobody can see God face to face, but we can see Jesus. Even when we get to heaven we might not see God but "ll se Christ.
However, God send Jesus to the word so that we can feel His present physicaly on Earth, and to reconciled us back to Him for the work of our salvation. So, Jesus Christ is God came from heaven to theWord in human form. This is mystry.
Re: Is Jesus Really God by ichuka(m): 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2014
If He's not God then Salvation/Christainity is a big SCAM!!
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2014
akinvest: Jesus is same with God in one way, other ways Jesus is not God this is mystry, God is Spirit nobody can see God face to face, but we can see Jesus. Even when we get to heaven we might not see God but "ll se Christ.
However, God send Jesus to the word so that we can feel His present physicaly on Earth, and to reconciled us back to Him for the work of our salvation. So, Jesus Christ is God came from heaven to theWord in human form. This is mystry.
Are they equal??
Re: Is Jesus Really God by akinvest(m): 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2014
olire: Are they equal??
Yes, Jesus is Lord!
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
akinvest: Yes, Jesus is Lord!
is he GOD!!
Re: Is Jesus Really God by akinvest(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2014
olire: is he GOD!!
What is d difference b/t God and Lord?
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Kei144(m): 8:46pm On Jul 30, 2014
The human soul is a container of divine essence, or Holy Spirit. The more of divine essence a soul has, the more the soul becomes like God. God wills that every human being becomes like Him. However, only those who love God with all their hearts and with all their minds can grow up in the astral plane (spirit realm) to become like God.

God's will for Adam and Eve was that they should become like Him. Satan was intent on preventing them from being the best that God wanted them to be, because if they became like God, they would become greater than him. So, Satan used the very issue of becoming like God to test them:

Ge. 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

God sent a new Adam (Jesus Christ) to the world, to restore the descendants of the first Adam to glory. And Satan went into action to also prevent him from becoming the best that God wanted him to be. And this is the summary of how Jesus Christ responded to Satan's temptation:

Ph. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Ph. 2:6 Who, being in very nature [Or in the form of] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Ph. 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature [Or the form] of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Jesus Christ refused to grasp equality with God the way Adam and Eve did; he rather followed the path of humility to God. He loved God with all his heart and with all his mind. God Himself eventually exalted him and gave him access to everything He has (divine essence).

The greatest problem of the Trinity doctrine is that it places Jesus Christ too far away from human beings. But Jesus Christ is actually a human being. He is an example of what God wants human beings to become. We human beings are meant to follow in his steps (1 Pet 2:21) so that we transform from humanity to divinity, like him. Because of the Trinity and the "Jesus is the Godhead" doctrines, no human being is aspiring to become like Jesus. The general thinking is that he is God and we are humans; so, we can never become like him. Is that what the Bible says?

https://www.nairaland.com/1809483/enter-kingdom-god
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
akinvest: What is d difference b/t God and Lord?
Human beings are also called lord. In law courts, the judge is referred to as My Lord.
Re: Is Jesus Really God by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Kei144: The human soul is a container of divine essence, or Holy Spirit. The more of divine essence a soul has, the more the soul becomes like God. God wills that every human being becomes like Him. However, only those who love God with all their hearts and with all their minds can grow up in the astral plane (spirit realm) to become like God.

God's will for Adam and Eve was that they should become like Him. Satan was intent on preventing them from being the best that God wanted them to be, because if they became like God, they would become greater than him. So, Satan used the very issue of becoming like God to test them:

Ge. 3:5 “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”

God sent a new Adam (Jesus Christ) to the world, to restore the descendants of the first Adam to glory. And Satan went into action to also prevent him from becoming the best that God wanted him to be. And this is the summary of how Jesus Christ responded to Satan's temptation:

Ph. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Ph. 2:6 Who, being in very nature [Or in the form of] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Ph. 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature [Or the form] of a servant, being made in human likeness.

Jesus Christ refused to grasp equality with God the way Adam and Eve did; he rather followed the path of humility to God. He loved God with all his heart and with all his mind. God Himself eventually exalted him and gave him access to everything He has (divine essence).

The greatest problem of the Trinity doctrine is that it places Jesus Christ too far away from human beings. But Jesus Christ is actually a human being. He is an example of what God wants human beings to become. We human beings are meant to follow in his steps (1 Pet 2:21) so that we transform from humanity to divinity, like him. Because of the Trinity and the "Jesus is the Godhead" doctrines, no human being is aspiring to become like Jesus. The general thinking is that he is God and we are humans; so, we can never become like him. Is that what the Bible says?

100 likes, u made sense
https://www.nairaland.com/1809483/enter-kingdom-god

(1) (Reply)

.. / Being In Spirit / Allchrist Embassy Parishes Must Donate N10m Each For Chris Oyakhilome's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.