Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? (22649 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Hijackers: Chelsea Creating A Bad Reputation: From Mikel to Pedro / Mikel Does Not Deserve Nigeria No. 10 Jersey - Etim Esin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 12:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kelechi Iheanacho sizzled as he capped an impressive senior debut for Manchester City with a goal in their 4-1 rout of Sporting Kansas City.

Iheanacho, latched onto a cutback from Jesus Navas on top of the box and stroked home with calm composure and precision.

The 17-year-old deservedly took man-of-the-match honours after a performance that embodied class, ease of movement, quick thinking and impeccable passing.

"Iheanacho. Watch out for that name. You're going to be hearing that name for a long time to come. Eye catching display," was the drooling comments from the ESPN commentators post game.

Iheanacho was the star performer as Nigeria's Under-17 team won the World Cup last year, and was the target of Europe's top clubs before signing for City.

with this stand out parformance by Iheanacho at the highest level of football not looking intimidated.And with the fact that Mikel since 2005 refuse to give us a joy with that jaysey.

can we now say we have found a worthy successor to the nigerian no 10 JAYSEY that was once used by JAYJAY okocha, ETIM ESSIEN that made other countries dred us.

what is your take do we retire Mikel now and give IHEANACHO the 10 jaysey
or we keep waiting.....

11 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Not just the No.10,make him captain too...mumu OP.....Pls pls and pls before anyone quote me with insult and without thinking properly ,pls ask urself this question ''Where is Macauley Chrisantus''

52 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2014
fijiano i expected an intelligent response if you are actually wise and not to insult people.

looking at the topic Mikel was tip to make a huge mark for nigeria. and expectec to take over from Okocha
as an attacking midfielder but till date we will all aggree that its been flashe in the pan compared to other no. 10 in nigeria
if youve forgotten "jajay was soo good they named him twice" a popular slogan by BBC
with all respect to MIKEL he was just a shadow of himself. we didnt 'feel' him at the 2014 world cup. the injury to ONAZI just exposed everything and gave room to FRANCE to beat us.

25 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Bunchersstab(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
Fijiiano202 cant you just comment on a thread with out using an insultive words
I have been following up ur post on some threads now...
u jst derive pleasure in insulting pipu.
I wonder if u even respect ur parents at home...
I only want u to change, i'm not gonna tread words wit u either.
*Op i think Ihenacho Kelechi will do better *

73 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 1:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
@ fijiano again

to respond to a thread abusing the OP or anyone else on the thread shows some level of immaturity.
its better you go strainght to the topic or ignore the threand.

going back to the threand. its not just because he had a good pre-season.
but because we need to start preparing for 2018.
lets say the truth if mekel is not at peak now is it 2018 that he will be

check the German example they started 10 years back today they are world champs

so its not just Kelechi the whole u17 set up shuold be monitored till we get to 2018 witht the addintion of some other we will discover along the way

18 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
Bunchersstab: Fijiiano202 cant you just comment on a thread with out using an insultive words
I have been following up ur post on some threads & u jst derive pleasure in insulting pipu.
?
I wonder if u even respect ur parents at home...
I only want u to change, i'm not gonna tread words wit u either.

thank you, he needs to grow up.

21 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
robosky02: @ fijiano again
to respond to a thread abusing the OP or anyone else on the thread shows some level of immaturity.
its better you go strainght to the topic or ignore the threand.
going back to the threand. its not just because he had a good pre-season.
but because we need to start preparing for 2018.
lets say the truth if mekel is not at peak now is it 2018 that he will be
check the German example they started 10 years back today they are world champs
so its not just Kelechi the whole u17 set up shuold be monitored till we get to 2018 witht the addintion of some other we will discover along the way
robosky ur first comment prompted my reply...Secondly dude am sure u are well learned in term of football analysis...Development of any player solely depends on which club they end up with...u cant monitor a player that doesnt have enuf play time or plays at a low-tier club....with exception of the 2 nigerian guys at Man city,pls name other players who play at top clubs

5 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2014
hello guys please ignore all comments by this young fellow fijiano202
an make your intelligent comtribution on how best we can hannext the potentials of Iheanacho as we prepare for 2018.

23 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
robosky02: hello guys please ignore all comments by this young fellow fijiano202
an make your intelligent comtribution on how best we can hannext the potentials of Iheanacho as we prepare for 2018.
dude,ur confuse if u think this thread would attract sport lovers cos its all crap

4 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by easyelliot(m): 2:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Let's see a few more games first , but the Nigerian number 10 jersey should be up for somebody else , mikel is free to wear the number zero jersey.

13 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 2:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
easyelliot: Let's see a few more games first , but the Nigerian number 10 jersey should be up for somebody else , mikel is free to wear the number zero jersey.

sure he needs more time to grow.

2 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by sambos994(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Give him a couple of years.
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by oba009(m): 3:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
mikel will continue till the guy get to maturity.

6 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
till went.....
Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by Bunchersstab(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy[quote author=fijiano202]

4 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by fijiano202(m): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
heatmeup: by the colour of their house on dp and how they post we shall know the type of place they come from in lagos *********lips sealed by the colour of their house on dp and how they post we shall know the type of place they come from in lagos *********lips sealed
hahahaha but being a landlord in lagos no be beans ooo..

1 Like

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by edi287: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
Too early for this...let the kid grow abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
edi287: Too early for this...let the kid grow abeg.
my dear am just amazed by the action of this kid (fijiano202)
instead of contributing to the thread or quite hes been insulting every one haba

guy grow up pls

3 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by chinex276(m): 8:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
Who b dat small pikin way dey derail dis thrend, fijiano ko Bigiano ni. By d way him pose 4 him d.p, una suppose undastnd him level of frustratn na (u think a man livin on 3 cups of garri nd kuli kuli a day go dey always tok beta thing) abeg make una leave mata 4 matayas.
At topic... Give d kid 2 more years, as 4 our number 10 jersey nobody should wear it until iheanachor is ripe 4 it, or beta still give it 2 ONAZI

10 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
will mikel allow onazi to even touch the jeysey let alone wear it.
when he has refuse to understand that big defensive midfeiders like OLISEH didn bother about jaysey number

2 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
this kid your MB has not expired
you still insulting people
lols..........

simple advise it will do you good grow up

4 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by tonytony208(m): 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2014
fijiano202: Not just the No.10,make him captain too...mumu OP

are you mikel's family member? Or do you share in his WC match bonuses? because i don't see any sense in calling the op mumu

15 Likes

Re: Should Kelech Iheanacho Take Over The No 10 Jersey From Mikel Now? by robosky02(m): 8:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
@ fajiano202

cant you understand that from the beginning of this thread till now i have not returned
one insult to you. thats to show am your elder.
i have learn to forgive even before i am offended
just take my advise it will do you a lot good to respect peoples opinion
and not to be insulting every one in all your thread you post or follow
grow up

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Plusvalenza: Juve Jumps To 3rd As Court Temporarily Suspends 15-points Deduction / FIFA Tells Nigerian Referees To Forget Officiating At World Cup / Messi Left Out Of Barcelona's 19-Man UCL Squad For Trip To Dynamo Kiev

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.