Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,390 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! (24628 Views)

Elajoe Is Wack / Illbliss Is Wack / Kanye West 808's And Heartbreak Is Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 26, 2014
Ok o. I don go download and critically assess the video tongue grin . The video is just average. Not bad, not good. I think why people were expecting something far better and harshly judging the video is because the song/music was so nice and it was a hit so they wanted a video that was directly proportional in niceness. And lastly, I agree; the white girls were very unnecessary (we get plenty bootilicious black babes that can dance for the video) and that scene with the fat woman shaking yansh on a step ladder was just bizarre and out of place in the whole video. Maybe the fat woman na Don Jazzy housemaid wey don dey beg am since say she wan appear for one of him video naim make Don Jazzy shuk the woman put for the film even though her part no get connection for the whole video.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by mike404(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2014
DORO POOSY
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Bigsteveg(m): 9:55am On Jul 26, 2014
kennygee: This OP dey lie sha, what other video(s) is your basis for comparison?

undecided

U dont need to compare with anoda video b4 u know its wack...the picture quality is okay and the effects are aite but the content is average.

Mavin don pass dat stage to dey do anyhow video. Dat video is good for an upcoming artiste.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by jahbiz: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2014
huh?
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by jahbiz: 10:13am On Jul 26, 2014
Y do we like copy and paste so much in this country without a piece of editing? Is this not exactly what I read on naijaloaded some days ago. One of the reasons we are not advancing!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by ba7man(m): 10:18am On Jul 26, 2014
I watched the video of Coldplay "Sky full of stars" and U2 "No line on the horizon"...........I now watched the Dorobucci video.......the mental "step-down" was somthing else.

I'm seriously allergic to crap music.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by lakecyd(m): 10:19am On Jul 26, 2014
No correlation BTW d lyrics nd wat d video proclaimed. its just a let down
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by nuges1(m): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2014
iwakolewa: I think they should have dramatized a lil of what doro is all about,like doro moving from pako to doromega superstar, I think the video and the lyrics are not the same.
You have a sane point here!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by nuges1(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2014
Jclement: D SONG ITSELF DOES NT HAVE STORYLINE
NOW U EXPECTING THE VIDEO 2 HVE STORY LINE......
if u can say this about #DOROBUCCi,u definately do not understand English or worst still pidgin Engish!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by nuges1(m): 10:39am On Jul 26, 2014
ggrin: Dorobucci Video Is Wack! He Should Have Let Kemi Adetiba Or Clarence Peters Direct ‘Dorobucci’ Video
Just when we were almost giving up, Mavin Records released the video for hit single/street anthem, Dorobucci.

The musical video of the song which features Mavin boss, Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Dr Sid, D’Prince, Korede Bello, Di’Ja and Reekado Banks, was premiered yesterday.The video was directed by Nick Roux of Molotov Cocktail Productions in South Africa.

In my opinion I feel Kemi Adetiba or Clarence Peters should have directed the video – I fell in love with Kemi after watching the ‘Onye’ video which features Waje, Tiwa Savage and Bryan Okwara, it’s HILARIOUS! The video was refreshing…was such a good diversion from skimpy clad folks we are always bombarded with. You can watch the video HERE, if you haven’t seen it.

Now back to Dorobucci!
Considering how much I love the song, I had high expectations for the video but oh well, i wasn’t impressed.

Don Jazzy should NEVER use that director again (he messed this song up), the video lacked that ENERGY and dance moves.

Someone who saw the video with me said “It had no story line, too much flash and extravagance. I would never understand why our top artistes keep using white girls to show they have money or to illustrate their wealth. Do you see white guys use black girls? Why not invest in African women? You don’t need a whole continent to feature in your video. They just killed the video…”

Another colleague said “I expected more, Don jazzy needs to know its not about how flashy or expensive the video is…we need content and meaningful things…what a complete let down, nothing new, why can’t Nigerian musicians be creative..we want fresh and edgy. This was so predictable…it could have been way better, it’s nothing out of the ordinary and some people were there on instagram making us feel as if we where missing out big time because we couldn’t watch it till today…moreover, that scene where Tiwa Savage tasted her ‘hot tea’….was a NO, NO for me – yeah it was funny but …oh please! ”
Don’t get me wrong, I’m (We are) not condemning the video – the picture quality is amazing and I loved how new faces were introduced, but I didn’t exactly FEEL it.

Oh by the way, Korede Bello is really cute, Me love his smile #okbye!

Have you seen the video, what do you think?
I would like to state here that nobody is perfect except offcourse you are God,having taken cognisance of this inevitable truth,it's worthy to state here that no matter what you do whether good or bad people will always criticize you.

The sad part is,when those people who criticize others are being criticized the turn out to be wild cats.
I am not saying you shouldn't criticize infact criticism makes one better,my point is this,criticism should be CONSTRUCTIVE...put yourself in there positions too,how will you feel when you are meted with such hate.Some people need to grow up!

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by willorie(f): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2014
Truthfully, l was disappointed wen l downloaded the video & realizes the poor directive & content of it.......it's not even sharp & clear too like that of Davido&Mafikizolo "Good life"
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Inkredible(m): 11:07am On Jul 26, 2014
Dija! That girl tho. N what's with all the Nokia X and XL?
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by howfarwhatagwan: 11:08am On Jul 26, 2014
You are not alone I was sooooooo disappointed why are they always in a hurry? You have a hit song all you need to do is take your time to make an equally killer video mtschewww so annoying and I'm tired of all these flashy videos they keep going to shoot in south Africa they have become so predictable, with more than half of the people in the video unable to interpret the song properly that is if they even understand it. You are right about Clarence peters I like a lot of his videos really like the video- Yemi Alade's Johnny.

Anyway that one no concern me now I have moved on to rocking 2 Baba's Ascension my favorite so far Akproko, lesse Passe and Confession
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by publisher(m): 11:25am On Jul 26, 2014
LET YOUTUBE VIEWS SPEAK FOR THE VIDEO.
After about 3 days online Dorobucci video has only attracted 187,000 views?
For such a massive song, it's a shame!
IMO

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Dbestmax(m): 11:35am On Jul 26, 2014
xamuel17: Haven't watched it.. As far am concerned, any music video that doesn't give me erections is rubbish to me smiley
Chaiii...oga u go die o
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by misspatsy(f): 11:48am On Jul 26, 2014
D video isn't wack but below expectatn.d boardroom part wasn't so nyc,I mean business men n women smilin n dancing lyk primary skul kids,d golf player wasn't needed.
I heard Tiwa is a dancer so I was xpectin sum moves bt so nothin,reekado's part is veri much ok even wit d fact dat hez new.same goes 2 korede bello,bt di'ja was just making facial expressions I didn't understand.
Dr Sid also did well bt dat gal in wine see tru top sitin close 2 D'prince was just flashin her teeth lyk"is dis me sitin close 2 D'prince".D babe is annoyin sha,just ma opinion

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by eph12(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2014
What do you expect from a whack song?
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by wisdomprinciple(m): 11:50am On Jul 26, 2014
the video is 90% below expectation. i expected a lot of dancing. am so supprised was sitting unlike her.....
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Uniquexty(f): 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
Dorowhacky
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
am just as disappointed,Clarence peters wldnt put out such low class in d streets
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Revolva(m): 12:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
Wats wack there I beg make una go drink vutter water to cure una illness -- one of d best vid ever seen.....in naija #teammavin na ejanla crews dey push dis to frontpage I no
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Profmaojo: 12:58pm On Jul 26, 2014
Pls help me with d site to download it
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by hensben(m): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
It sucks to be mavin record member and it feels good to be d'banj
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by IamMe001: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
abeg make una wey dey call am wack park well 4 inside bush..........d video was not 5star agreed but its far from wack....very far from wack......don baba J 's scene was pratically playing doroboss#.....banks even added a few dance steps 2 d song (which guys may be rocking very soon)....tiwa's part was kul...esp d follow d ladder with d maid dancing etigi on a ladder and the dorohot.......then dr sids dorograb carrying d girl while doing push ups and doromessi and doronaldo with the girl dribble-dancing ......only the other artists deprived it of a 5star......peace  coolabeg make una wey dey call am wack park well 4 inside bush..........d video was not 5star agreed but its far from wack....very far from wack......don baba J 's scene was pratically playing doroboss#.....banks even added a few dance steps 2 d song (which guys may be rocking very soon)....tiwa's part was kul...esp d follow d ladder with d maid dancing etigi on a ladder and the dorohot.......then dr sids dorograb carrying d girl while doing push ups and doromessi and doronaldo with the girl dribble-dancing ......only the other artists deprived it of a 5star......peace# 

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Forwetinnah: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
Just saw the video on you tube. ..i liked it.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Forwetinnah: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2014
IamMe001: abeg make una wey dey call am wack park well 4 inside bush..........d video was not 5star agreed but its far from wack....very far from wack......don baba J 's scene was pratically playing doroboss#.....banks even added a few dance steps 2 d song (which guys may be rocking very soon)....tiwa's part was kul...esp d follow d ladder with d maid dancing etigi on a ladder and the dorohot.......then dr sids dorograb carrying d girl while doing push ups and doromessi and doronaldo with the girl dribble-dancing ......only the other artists deprived it of a 5star......peace  coolabeg make una wey dey call am wack park well 4 inside bush..........d video was not 5star agreed but its far from wack....very far from wack......don baba J 's scene was pratically playing doroboss#.....banks even added a few dance steps 2 d song (which guys may be rocking very soon)....tiwa's part was kul...esp d follow d ladder with d maid dancing etigi on a ladder and the dorohot.......then dr sids dorograb carrying d girl while doing push ups and doromessi and doronaldo with the girl dribble-dancing ......only the other artists deprived it of a 5star......peace# 

The thread is more like a smear campaign. I just dey hear doro everywhere. .hmmmnn, I think I understand now.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by homesteady(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
I was already expecting this open letter, it even took too long! I was already planning to write one if nobody writes one before the end of this week!
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
I would agree that both the video and song was RAWBISH...Let's not even mention the necessary# of people that featured in the song, most especially that of the girl with the red hair who couldn't even sing; It was obvious that she was lipsinging.
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Sabretooth1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2014
As if the dorobucci song even makes any sense...
Re: Opinion: Dorobucci Vid Is Wack! by Krasid(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
The video is average to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VIDEO DOWNLOAD : Iyanya – Ur Waist / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) / Sesan's Official Statement On Leaked Skelewu Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.