Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,884 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast (39359 Views)

President Hassan Rouhani Calls Buhari Over Army/shiite Clash / NEMA Officials Arriving Kaduna Bomb Scene An Hour After Blast (Photo) / Bloomberg - US Think Tank Calls Buhari "Baba Go Slow" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by ceo4eva: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has
spoken with Gen. Muhammadu Buhari on the phone over the bomb
attack that nearly claimed the life of the leading opposition figure, TheCable understands.

This telephone conversation came a day after Jonathan’s camp and Buhari had exchanged hot words over the impeachment proceedings
against some opposition governors. In the couple of bombings in Kaduna on Wednesday which claimed scores of lives, Buhari escaped death when his convoy was caught in a blast at Kawo area of the city while he was on the way to his hometown, Daura, in Katsina State.

Buhari described it as an
assassination attempt. His vehicle was completely destroyed and several people were killed, although his security aides also survived the
attack.

TheCable learnt that the president put a call through to Buhari on Wednesday evening to express his sympathy with the former head of state.

Details of the conversation are sketchy, but TheCable was informed that the president promised a thorough investigation into the incident.

The conversation was said to be “warm, cordial and sincere” by a source in the know.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, although initial suspicion will link it to Boko Haram which has reportedly made attempts on the life of Sheikh Dahiru Bauchi, who repeatedly criticises the activities of the insurgents.

The first blast on Wednesday was close to the venue of the Ramadan
lecture which Bauchi gave.
Buhari has also been critical of Boko
Haram but he was not thought to be
at risk of an attack.

Presidential spokesman Reuben Abati issued a statement describing the attacks as an attempt to “inflame passions”.

http://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-jonathan-calls-buhari-over-blast

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nosyke(m): 3:04pm On Jul 24, 2014
This whole insecurity is now getting quite scary. If those that we 'thought are protected ' are this vulnerable, what hope do we have as ordinary citizens.

I am not interested in the politics nor calls, accusations and counter accusations. I am interested in getting this monster ( terrorism) curbed.

All the numerous arrests that have been made, does it mean we still don't have a clue as to the financiers/ supporters of this terror.

In any case, GEJ exhibited a very high level of maturity by reaching out to GMB despite the 'seeming' differences they have. I doff my face cap...

Finally, how did we descend to this level where taking human lives even our own now seems to be a normal thing.

15 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by omenka(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
Instead of calling Buhari, call your boys to order!! angry

121 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by DankemzI(m): 3:08pm On Jul 24, 2014
What was Buhari doing behind the Islamic leader? Must he travel behind the man? This thing na set up. Ubok Abasi

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Noctec: 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
president promised a thorough investigation into the incident.
tongue

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by sabinaa: 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2014
The evil men do live with them. Concerning the APC leader this is just propaganda jare. Nigerians know the truth and who are the boko haram sponsors. May the souls of the innocent people who lost their lives in the blast rest in peace.

13 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
omenka: Instead of calling Buhari, call your boys to order!! angry
Ur stupiidity is quite alarming. ..

161 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Emessy(m): 3:27pm On Jul 24, 2014
DankemzI: What was Buhari doing behind the Islamic leader? Must he travel behind the man? This thing na set up. Ubok Abasi
GOAT

84 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Randy100: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
This is maturity in display. Jona i dey hail oh

62 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
And the boys dey yarn dust here, while the Ogakpatata dey pee for panties as e dey Beg Buhari!

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by NgeneUkwenu(f): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2014
Randy100: This is maturity in display. Jona i dey hail oh

Which Yeye maturity? Oga dey fear fear cheesy grin

20 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Randy100: 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Which Yeye maturity? Oga dey fear fear cheesy grin
Haba dont u know the animosity that exist between jona and buhari. For jona to call him required a lot of maturity

32 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by paul288yahoo(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2014
h
Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by egift(m): 4:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
Is he calling to confirm his boys missed their target?

Now Jonathan can get his $1,000,000,000 loan and more. Mission Accomplished!!!

40 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by rozayx5(m): 4:16pm On Jul 24, 2014
GEj till someone better contests cool

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by goodpath: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2014
To say;your excellency it was a mistake from my boys.....sorry i mean boko haram sir.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by ednut1(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
GEJ: buhari u alive sorry safe
GMB: am ok, ur boys almost got me
GEJ: next time i wil use asari boys lipsrsealed

32 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by adekayo1234(m): 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Buhari, a man that has been seeking public sympathy since 1914

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by yorke1: 4:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
Long live GEJ. GEJ till 2019.

18 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by slimpoppa(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
Wot did he tell him
Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Firefire(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
embarassed
Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
angry

Any post about GEJ or Buhari from now will only get a Smiley response from me, like this one above.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2014
No committee this time?

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Lenzz(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
Pictures? undecided
This is why I always blame Mr. President's handlers as been lame, incompetent nd out of their depths.

So Jonathan calls GMB. That's a big deal. Release pictures of the President holding that landline phone, displaying all d emotions of sympathy nd support to d General. Sit back and watch d President's badly needed approval ratings soar, as he will be seen as a true leader who rose above party lines to reach out to number 1 face of opposition in his lowest times. That's maturity. Perception is evrything in ds game

In d act of political scheming nd media spin, you seize every opportunity that comes your way. Shame to Mr President's handlers for not seizing this one

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by apolonius(m): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
True to Biblical allusions,the first kisser is not always innocent.

Investigations again?Have we not heard such promises again and again?

We await clearer and circumstantial facts.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by shadowwalker101: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
Politics
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by benjaminben(m): 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2014
Why calling him nw?
Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by hazyfm: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
NICE ONE JONA

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by tigonana: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
I reserve my comment!!!
Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by Smartsyn(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
In the spirit of sportmanship

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast by amilak: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
Reserved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Bola Tinubu Trends After Dele Momodu's Article / Soldiers Rescue 172 Students Abducted In Kaduna, 30 Still Missing / President Buhari Celebrates Richard Mofe-Damijo's 60th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.