Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? (20111 Views)

The Bad Welfare Condition Of Students In OAU (Photos) / What Will You Do If Your Roommate Do This? / The Bad And Good Experiences At Bowen University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by ogashman(m): 3:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Durin ma OND days..Had a lazy roommate.he neva liked cookin.weneva he comes back first frm lectures,he wud jus lie down and pretend to be asleep.then i wud come home and start cooking.immediately ws food ready...he wakes up(by himself),dished his food(does this often).he wudnt contribute money to buy raw fud(always complains of being broke).my frnds do tell me dat they used to see him in some cool joints while others used to see him @suya joints.mst times i buy d fud we eat,other times i contribute d larger part of d money we used in buyin foodstuf.i got tired of evrytin,and decided to rescue myself b4 i go bankrupt.

In ma 2nd yr,i left d room for him and moved in with ma babe.dat ws where i stayed till i graduated.
I didnt knw hw he faired then,but we re still frnds nw.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by sisiafrika(f): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
FrancisTony:

LMAO! grin Take it easy. I never pretended.

I was only surprised at the word "Moan".. You gerrit? undecided
so u have been doing it? Gosh! @@sobs@@ u aint a good son
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Haywhymido: Mine God, he made me cry n go thru semi hell.He is so carefree with d (abusive) words dat come out of his mouth.envy of me n everything i do.4 d years we lived together he is nearest to me but in my heart he is d farthest. There is simply nothing u can do to satisfy him. Life goes on sha.

Your expression is so feminine, how did u cope in a boys hostel though.... isall gud
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by franklampard082(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
oweniwe:

Me too. Except one short akwa ibom guy. . I noticed my food stuffs were disappearing even though i used to lock my door/locker. . I was suspecting another room mate i used to cook and eat with. . .

Till one day, i came back from lecture to meet door open. . I checked d padlock. The latch's nails had been pulled out. . I walked into d room. . Nobody there. But a big pot of half boiled jollof rice . . My rice. . Plus other ingredients. . Boiling slowly. . Who could have done this?

I sneaked out gently and went to call the other guy i was suspecting from lecture. We came back only to meet the short akwa ibom guy pouring another round of my kerosene into stove to finish his cooking. . The pot's big one o. The type that can cook rice for 7 people. .

The thief. . He had been pulling out d nails of the padlock latch whenever i go to lecture, vandalize my stuffs. . Then knock the nails neatly back in. . We asked him. . Why are you doing this? ? He replied. . I nor get money and ayam hungrey. .

Well. . Cooking in d hostel is illegal in Novena so we couldn't report or fight him. I just give am one kind look while my other guy was busy flexing muscles at him threatenly. . I carry d big, heavy pot from my small stove neck and put it outside for everybody to see. . And called carpenter to change the door latch to jam type.

Since then. . If i hear say u be from akwa ibom, na run i go run

LMAO!!! Nearly had heartache while laughing. I can imagine the guys face when caught. I don laff die for here grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by haibe(m): 3:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
lol, funny posts so far, for me, I cant remember those bad habits hall because I learnt to tolerate them all. Infact Hostel was fun with the bad habits some had, it just made me learn how to live with people different from me. I may be irritated in the first 4 weeks of staying with them but I later learn to forget them and leave like nothing is wrong. my current final year roomies are great. However, the worst was those who smoked in the room in my year 3, I hated this so much, the best I could do was to leave the room for them, although they stopped at a point after I complained.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by jworos(m): 3:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
I had dis Neat freak roomie,menh no b say I dirty. Ooh,bt dis guy he cleans up d room everyday it got annoyin,I lykd it sha cuz me no con dey work cheesy,bt d guy's. Problem was dat he Lied a lot,I mean chronic liar, n e can't cook+e babe no sabi cook,she jst dey con waste our food stuffs,200lv weed blowers,menh des guys can smoke frm mornin til nyt witout eatn,I remember wen 1 of dem used d weed to cook Egusi soup witout telln any1,d soup was dope but I miss test d followin cuz of dat food,I wokeup 1pm..menh skul was fun...

1 Like

Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by tranxo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
flyca: .

What ever you are insinuating, pls stop it. Its hurtful.

My roommate was like a sister to me. She was a very nice person to be with. She just had a few words but always full of smiles. When I met her the first time about a year ago, she was just a pure ajebo. An American than has never been with a black before. It amazes me how much she was willing to learn. Within the school year, she learnt to wash her clothes, tidy the room, sweep, clean and share things. These were things she never knew how to do before she came here. She is very respectful and never dragged for anything! She thought me some Spanish and learned to help me maintain my African hair. Lol. I really love her. I spoke with her family a couple of times too.

But one year has gone. We have rounded up our studies and she is on her way to home now. I just cried seeing her off.
So sorry you didn't get to see through my humour. I apologise. Lo siento.
She sounds like someone one can't help adoring.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
sisiafrika: so u have been doing it? Gosh! @@sobs@@ u aint a good son

I never accepted doing it. smiley
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by flyca: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
tranxo:

No problems dear. Just before she left this morning, she gave me all her credit cards to use up the remaining amounts before I leave too. I was touched and begged her to upload her picture. Take a look cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by flyca: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
tranxo:
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by mstik(f): 3:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Lol spiked egusi soup. He did it turn out?
jworos: I had dis Neat freak roomie,menh no b say I dirty. Ooh,bt dis guy he cleans up d room everyday it got annoyin,I lykd it sha cuz me no con dey work cheesy,bt d guy's. Problem was dat he Lied a lot,I mean chronic liar, n e can't cook+e babe no sabi cook,she jst dey con waste our food stuffs,200lv weed blowers,menh des guys can smoke frm mornin til nyt witout eatn,I remember wen 1 of dem used d weed to cook Egusi soup witout telln any1,d soup was dope but I miss test d followin cuz of dat food,I wokeup 1pm..menh skul was fun...
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by bilexg(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
slimbryan:
gr8 ife.....we don many for here...my fellow awoite..

my broda, aw ur 'holiSTRIKE' na....i don miss d rats gor my room...chaiii
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Cute2peg(m): 4:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
laff have finish me.>>funny stories
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Abiagirl777(f): 4:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Chai,i don suffer,worst was my 4th yr,stayed wit 3 deeperlyf girls,it is undoctrinal to shave ur armpit n pubic hairs and to use perfumed deodorants,our room had a permanent putrid odor .Those girls dirty die,The worst was when they r in deir menses,i'll disappear frm de room for days cos de odor is nauseatin.
When one was getting married,the whole hall had to report her to de hall keeper(a woman),she was de one dat helped us beg her to shave as she may transfer infections to her hubby.TUFIA!!
5th yr,i went offcamp.
I just feel lyk puking

1 Like

Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
Had one professional aproko rumie lyk dat....nna ehn dat girl na wonder! She go carry our matter go table for her friends dem....we disciplined her tho.
After her aproko meetin one day, we kukuma carry her come house..lock d door....turn up d music.....beat her black and blue....con carry her go clinic after. She packed out d ffg year.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by tranxo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2014
flyca:

No problems dear. Just before she left this morning, she gave me all her credit cards to use up the remaining amounts before I leave too. I was touched and begged her to upload her picture. Take a look cheesy
Well, I don't get fazed by looks 'cos believe me, I'VE SEEN IT ALL.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by lepasharon(f): 5:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
kulyie: 100-200level had the noisiest roommate ever.this babe will bring 2 of her other girlfriends,tthey will jist endlessly even in the night when I wake up to read they are still jisting.WWhen they now finally sleep she that is my room mate will sleep on the bed and her 2 friends will sleep on the stolen matress they took from 2rooms next to mine because those ones don't lock their room.the good thing is they don't perform their nonsense near my area because squatting friends is illegal talk more of stealing so they knew i could release their secrets at anytime so they always limited their nonsense to their corner.

As if that's not enough they turned the room into a permanent room so I technically had 3 roomates.the one thing I found very annoying is that the 3 of them with their big brez and big a33 will sleep stark nakid anyhow.some will open their bushy power house and some will turn up their big bom bom to my side.

The day we had a brawl which led to our friendship was when I left my pot of stew on my camp gas and she jarunpa sote the whole stew fell on her nakid body.it was the sound of pots that woke me up and so I got up feeling so upset saying xyx if you don't want me to disgrace you today am finishing all my lectures by 3.30pm before I get back my stew with 9 pieces of turkey must be in the same place you mistakenly hit it.her friend who brought all of them was begging me I said no.the next thing see free for all fight . nothing wey we no call ourselves finish grin

sha when I remembered she was squatting I said let day break i will report. So I was there on my bed waiting till I slept again. When I woke up see 3 of them kneeling down to beg me in front of my bed.i sha shakara small I said ehen I have heard but you have to buy my stew again. They said no problem. They bought it with we are sorry card they use to make outside and dropped it on my bed

We sha made up and the following week I said this your idea of sleeping nakid and waking up to see bushy vj early in the morning I don't like it. You people should change. What if thieves break in. I eventually bought them night wears we madr up and became good buddies grin

the following month was her birthday so we all ran around arranging for her birthday. By 300 level the school wanted to change them we all begged and eventually left us so we became roomies till we graduated we later had each others back. If one of them sees a nice outfit she will buy or even food stuffs and if I see something nice like a shoe we will buy.on a night to our graduation we went clubbing

nysc we didn't see again. Fate separated us.one went for nysc in abuja the second was in Port Harcourt and the one in abuja got retained after nysc.shes settled there and the second one is married so since years we only talk on phone n ping we haven't had time to see but they are still in my heart kiss

*Dies* shocked grin grin
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by sarzwizard(m): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
DankemzI: Mine was Wanking abi na Mustarbation omo to sleep wake this guy de self-service, all my dirty unwashed clothes this uses it, before and after sex this guy de self-service. He self-services like 8 times a day, i confronted him he said its a psycological problem!

Omo 1st week 2geda i wear jean the sleep, i feel say with dis kind urge de guy fit grab me kolumbi for nyt grin grin grin
He does'nt contribute money for food forming broke but always eating lunch with them girls at Apples. Na dis 1 vex me pass sote i start to de chop mama put every,... But i like home cooked food, i fed him for a semester then realised his antics later i was so mad at myself!

bros are u in calabar?
Did u mean apples in marian
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Funpeter: 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
kulyie: 100-200level had the noisiest roommate ever.this babe will bring 2 of her other girlfriends,tthey will jist endlessly even in the night when I wake up to read they are still jisting.WWhen they now finally sleep she that is my room mate will sleep on the bed and her 2 friends will sleep on the stolen matress they took from 2rooms next to mine because those ones don't lock their room.the good thing is they don't perform their nonsense near my area because squatting friends is illegal talk more of stealing so they knew i could release their secrets at anytime so they always limited their nonsense to their corner.

As if that's not enough they turned the room into a permanent room so I technically had 3 roomates.the one thing I found very annoying is that the 3 of them with their big brez and big a33 will sleep stark nakid anyhow.some will open their bushy power house and some will turn up their big bom bom to my side.

The day we had a brawl which led to our friendship was when I left my pot of stew on my camp gas and she jarunpa sote the whole stew fell on her nakid body.it was the sound of pots that woke me up and so I got up feeling so upset saying xyx if you don't want me to disgrace you today am finishing all my lectures by 3.30pm before I get back my stew with 9 pieces of turkey must be in the same place you mistakenly hit it.her friend who brought all of them was begging me I said no.the next thing see free for all fight . nothing wey we no call ourselves finish grin

sha when I remembered she was squatting I said let day break i will report. So I was there on my bed waiting till I slept again. When I woke up see 3 of them kneeling down to beg me in front of my bed.i sha shakara small I said ehen I have heard but you have to buy my stew again. They said no problem. They bought it with we are sorry card they use to make outside and dropped it on my bed

We sha made up and the following week I said this your idea of sleeping nakid and waking up to see bushy vj early in the morning I don't like it. You people should change. What if thieves break in. I eventually bought them night wears we madr up and became good buddies grin

the following month was her birthday so we all ran around arranging for her birthday. By 300 level the school wanted to change them we all begged and eventually left us so we became roomies till we graduated we later had each others back. If one of them sees a nice outfit she will buy or even food stuffs and if I see something nice like a shoe we will buy.on a night to our graduation we went clubbing

nysc we didn't see again. Fate separated us.one went for nysc in abuja the second was in Port Harcourt and the one in abuja got retained after nysc.shes settled there and the second one is married so since years we only talk on phone n ping we haven't had time to see but they are still in my heart kiss

Story never finish now, what about you?
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by dokilolo: 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
bak den in UI, we wer 3 in d room....2 of us used 2 contribute moni 2 cook stew.den we noticed dat meat was alwayz disappearing inside d pot...lik at a rate of 2 -3 per day.
initially I was suspecting d oda guy bt wen I confronted him he also said he was suspecting me 4 d meat theft.na im we c0m ask d 3rd roomie d guy deny am, even swear say no b am.
1 fateful night around 2am I was reading, dats wen I saw d 3rd roomie wake up suddenly, almost lik in zombie manner nd walk towards d pot .naso d guy open pot, at dat point I woke d 2nd guy up as well nd we wer bith watching d show.naso d guy put 1 meat 4 mouth...clean mouth..den put 2nd meat 4 mouth. ..com waka go bak 2 his bed...all dis while he dnt rily open his eyes.
I just put hand 4 head say OMG...wen we asked him d nxt morning d guy deny am....see as we use am life...com disgrace infront of every 1.

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by crazo(m): 6:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
bilexg:

bobo, a fellw awo squatter dy hail u bck.
bilexg i sight u bro..wit all our money wey u don chop biola..
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by bilexg(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
crazo: bilexg i sight u bro..wit all our money wey u don chop biola..

I'm innocent ooo, walahi....*raises both hands up*
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by crazo(m): 6:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
awo hall iRep..oau iRep..Block 1 iRep..twas crazy mehn,i had like 17 official n unofficial roomies..mehn t was hell buh i had fun big tym..had a roomie dah fot wit everybody... one can spend his last dime to luk gud and cum begging for beans in d hostel..one was a master scammer who always spoke queens English anytym he was high..one slept all day n partied all nyt..one was an extreme alfa..one rejoiced any tym e saw fud,he danced like david did..one was neva in d rum,always reading.. one luvd sleepin on oda's bed..one played indian film all night,he had one samsung fon like dah dah Neva had a flat battery..3 snored heavily.. one cudnt boil water talkless of cukin..one was a businessman..one was very reserved, well respected..one treks all d way to quarters every weekend for party rice,we always stole his meat tho..and my bunkie was d best..cuks beans in 30mins or less,d topmost layer will b soft buh d down arena wil b hard,he is very brilliant tho,i tot him how to womanise n drink..my room was always fun..argument n all..had fun mehn..part1 days tho,moved of camp in part2 wit a friend.. we still roomies n homies till date n he z my boss wen t cums to womanising

1 Like

Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by crazo(m): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
bilexg:

I'm innocent ooo, walahi....*raises both hands up*
iffahear..
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by famohold(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
grin
dokilolo: bak den in UI, we wer 3 in d room....2 of us used 2 contribute moni 2 cook stew.den we noticed dat meat was alwayz disappearing inside d pot...lik at a rate of 2 -3 per day.
initially I was suspecting d oda guy bt wen I confronted him he also said he was suspecting me 4 d meat theft.na im we c0m ask d 3rd roomie d guy deny am, even swear say no b am.
1 fateful night around 2am I was reading, dats wen I saw d 3rd roomie wake up suddenly, almost lik in zombie manner nd walk towards d pot .naso d guy open pot, at dat point I woke d 2nd guy up as well nd we wer bith watching d show.naso d guy put 1 meat 4 mouth...clean mouth..den put 2nd meat 4 mouth. ..com waka go bak 2 his bed...all dis while he dnt rily open his eyes.
I just put hand 4 head say OMG...wen we asked him d nxt morning d guy deny am....see as we use am life...com disgrace infront of every 1.
angry
dokilolo: bak den in UI, we wer 3 in d room....2 of us used 2 contribute moni 2 cook stew.den we noticed dat meat was alwayz disappearing inside d pot...lik at a rate of 2 -3 per day.
haaahaaa
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Ajagbe97(m): 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
Godspearl: I had a lot of roommates while in school (15) 4 in a room from 100level to 600 except 200 when I stayed off-campus.100 level 1of my roommate ok my bunkky like putting her stuffs on my bed cuz I was closer to d wardrobe which I don't like,400 level 1 of my roomate farts too much chai,500level my coursemate who happens to be my roommate uses my stuff without my consent and she begs too much(ojukokoro),600level my roommate brings too many guys into d room which makes me uncomfortable. I also av my flaws cuz I have terrible mood swings and can talk to u dis minute and d next minute I don't wanna talk to u.Queen Idia Hall...Live and Let's Live
uite i hail u o
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
School was fun, my roommates in 100 were normal, no fights but had a hostel mate that can borrow anything, grinded pepper, 1 cup of rice, salt, pure water, maggi, always with no intention of returning them whereas she wears one big gold chain around her waist.
In 200L, had a roommate that would wake up in d morning to curse her ex, at that time, a friend of mine in another room would tear her used sanitary pad, take out the wool and wash off the blood.
In 300L, we were 6 in a 4-man room, one was selling toast bread, customers would come till midnight, another was selling satchet water, the room was always hot.
400L, 10 in a 4-man room, noise, gossip, stealing, there was this squatter that had property more than we the real occupants, she would often open her legs or shoot back her yansh to fart, initially we were angered and would lock her out but we later learnt to live with her like that.
All in all, it was great experience.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by mstik(f): 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
aminatl2: School was fun, my roommates in 100 were normal, no fights but had a hostel mate that can borrow anything, grinded pepper, 1 cup of rice, salt, pure water, maggi, always with no intention of returning them whereas she wears one big gold chain around her waist.
In 200L, had a roommate that would wake up in d morning to curse her ex, at that time, a friend of mine in another room would tear her used sanitary pad, take out the wool and wash off the blood.
In 300L, we were 6 in a 4-man room, one was selling toast bread, customers would come till midnight, another was selling satchet water, the room was always hot.
400L, 10 in a 4-man room, noise, gossip, stealing, there was this squatter that had property more than we the real occupants, she would often open her legs or shoot back her yansh to fart, initially we were angered and would lock her out but we later learnt to live with her like that.
All in all, it was great experience.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Can see all the Uites in the house ! Well ,My room mate squatt some nigaa in 200L was always walking the room nude ,that wasn't cool.
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by danbrowndmf(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Smartsyn: I stayed with one roommate all through my years in school, he was my friend, a companion and cool to be with.

But he had this habit of smoking weed, my guy loves his weed, he doesn't joke with it, and this his habit always have an adverse effect on our foodstuffs, because you'll agree with me that a typical weed smoker eats 5 times more than he should eat. Though it didn't bring us problem as guys that we are, this is one habit i had to put up with my roommate when we were in school. He's now an Engr and really doing well for himself.

On the other hand, he sleeps outside most of the nights, cause a 'sister' of mine will always come around for a visit. And am sure that is one thing he dislike about me.

So what is/was it you put up with your roommate when in school?
Or are the both of you saints?
a sister of urs or a girl fwend of urs?
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by Ajagbe97(m): 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Abiagirl777: Chai,i don suffer,worst was my 4th yr,stayed wit 3 deeperlyf girls,it is undoctrinal to shave ur armpit n pubic hairs and to use perfumed deodorants,our room had a permanent putrid odor .Those girls dirty die,The worst was when they r in deir menses,i'll disappear frm de room for days cos de odor is nauseatin.
When one was getting married,the whole hall had to report her to de hall keeper(a woman),she was de one dat helped us beg her to shave as she may transfer infections to her hubby.TUFIA!!
5th yr,i went offcamp.
I just feel lyk puking
hmmmm. I smell lies
Re: What Was The Bad Habit Your Roommate Had When In School? by LCASHMAN(m): 9:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
FUNNY HOW ON ONE END U TALKING ABOUT UR ROOM MATE AND ON THE OTHER END UR ROOM MATE IS TALKING ABOUT U. NOBODY HERE WOULD ADMIT HE GOT ISSUES THEIR ROOMY COULDN'T DEAL WITH. NAWA OO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

1985 Average Primary School Fees Was N10 (ten Naira) / Brain Drain Of Teachers In Private Schools: What's The Way Forward? / Branches Of Jamb Office To Get Your Change Of Institution/course Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.