Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,431 members, 7,808,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" (7311 Views)

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food / Identifying A Womans Age By Taking Her To Bed / Nigerian Lady Says Its Not Her Duty To Cook For A Man (even One She's Married To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by beau49: 8:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Should this even be up for debate biko? undecided hmm...whoever wakes up first should be the first to greet whether wife or hubby. angry

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by soulglo: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
Backward ass people. How uncivilized can you be to believe that your wife needs to set an alarm to remember to wake up in time to say good morning to your royal highness. She shouldn't even sleep so she does not miss the opportunity to say it as soon as he opens his eyes in the morning. People fail to realize the importance of that foundation in raising children. You raise them with these ignorant concept of respect and they end up being an embarrassment to themselves. He is likely the kind that walks into the office and does not acknowledge employees he's on a higher pay scale than because they did not acknowledge him first.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by bukatyne(f): 9:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
crackhaus:
8 out of 10 times, the man does. 1 out of 10 times, the woman does...and 1 out of 10 times, no one does (it just happens).

1st 8, the man does
2nd 1, the woman does
3rd 1, nobody does cheesy
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jul 24, 2014
Kachisbarbie: Which kind question be this? Is it a military marriage? For me can't remember when last I told my husband Good morning sef , bc I think he wakes earlier - he would just give me a peck (goodmorning) and I will smile, without even opening my eyes (that's my reply). Marriage aint this serious mbok, u meant to freestyle in it, it's not about some laid down rules anywhere. Sometimes my husband feels like he is my bf, d only difference is there is a ring now and ihe anyi n'aru dizi legit wink...lol.
smileysmileysmiley

1 Like

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by egopersonified(f): 9:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Op, the wife should greet first, with her two knees on the ground for a full minute, after the good morning, she begins to eulogize him, when she is done, the husband would pat her on the shoulder and help her to her feet while smiling. This is all he needs to kill all those lions in the forest or in modern day, to be bill gates.lol

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by tranxo(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy:
Nwa idigodi sharp.
Jisie nu ike n'oru.
I go soon enter legit.
O gini ji nkita onwu?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by myads890(m): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
5minsmadness:
Of course we are talking about marriage, what did you think we were talking about?

So now from what you just said, are we in an African setting or a western setting?

We are in an African setting.

A marriage is not a place to start flaunting ego.

Don't worry, you'll understand better when you grow up and start dating

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by bukatyne(f): 9:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
myads890:

Very true at 2nd sentence
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
Oh no. Not again.

Warrisdis.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chillisauce: Oh no. Not again.

Warrisdis.
as in ehen I just taya for all this kain threads.we go soon see why do women have 2 brez
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by fairheven: 10:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
5minsmadness: A respectful wife will greet her husband first. It won't even be a matter for argument.
A man who actively greets his wife first thing in the morning is a pvssy.
Seriously? What is the meaning of good morning first of?in simple term u r affirming or wishing som1 "a good morning"so wt is the big deal on whu greets first,even an adult can say goodmornin first to a child,an it does not cost a tin.,again first ask ursef the Meaning literally.I greet my younger brother first wen I cal him on fon,its just a wish(like merrychristmas)an it can come from anyone;its haggling over issues like this that gives many people high blood pressure!

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 24, 2014
tranxo:
O gini ji nkita onwu?
Ukwa ruo oge ya.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by damiso(f): 10:57pm On Jul 24, 2014
Goshhhhh..,I can't believe this is actually a topic of discussion
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by obayaya(m): 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy:
Ukwa ruo oge ya.

O daa cool
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 24, 2014
kulyie: as in ehen I just taya for all this kain threads.we go soon see why do women have 2 brez

Hahahahahaha.

Chai!
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by tranxo(m): 11:26pm On Jul 24, 2014
softsparkyy:
Ukwa ruo oge ya.
Ukwa a dakwaalu onye mara api ukwa oo.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:35pm On Jul 24, 2014
bukatyne: The wife and if hubby woke up first, he can sleep back till wifey wakes up grin
bukatyne, you are one funny person. Wife must always be the one to greet oooooo. Man is head and so the head must be hallowed! SMH for some kain rules people just dey 'manufacture'.
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 24, 2014
obayaya:

O daa cool
Nwanne uche gi di ya.
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by 5minsmadness: 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
myads890:

So by inference you just agreed that its normal for the woman to greet first.

I never said it was. Its just normal for the woman to accord her husband that respect of greeting him first. It has nothing to do with ego.
Also it takes us back to the original question which you so skillfully avoided: how do you earn respect?

From the highly immature picture in your profile it is obvious you are just a boy who hasn't even started growing pubic hair. Don't worry when you grow older you'll leave all this childish fantasies of relationship and start to behave like a man worthy of respect instead of looking for cheap ways to gain female attention online. Infant.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by bukatyne(f): 11:43pm On Jul 24, 2014
ferhyntorlah: bukatyne, you are one funny person. Wife must always be the one to greet oooooo. Man is head and so the head must be hallowed! SMH for some kain rules people just dey 'manufacture'.

LOL!

Abi na, order must be maintained!
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by 5minsmadness: 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2014
fairheven:
Seriously? What is the meaning of good morning first of?in simple term u r affirming or wishing som1 "a good morning"so wt is the big deal on whu greets first,even an adult can say goodmornin first to a child,an it does not cost a tin.,again first ask ursef the Meaning literally.I greet my younger brother first wen I cal him on fon,its just a wish(like merrychristmas)an it can come from anyone;its haggling over issues like this that gives many people high blood pressure!

You really want to know? Ok.
Its not about ego, its about respect.
Am sure your parents don't greet you first thing in the morning, they would have taught you that greeting your elder is the curteous thing to do. Apart from indicating that you wish the person well it shows politeness, that you were well brought up. We are not in the western setting when you see your father and greet him by his first name e.g "Hi Steve". Its an insult in our setting. Even the westerners are beginning to realise that there is a missing link in setting a foundation for their kids to show respect to the elders among them.

Forget all these single ladies and those married females who come online to type long epistles because they feel oppressed in their matrimonial homes due to no fault of ours and find Nairaland as a place to vent their frustrations. Many of the married ones will never admit it but they will even kneel down to greet their husbands in their homes then come here and start spreading like peacock. The single ones shouting are still single for a reason. They are either small girls or they are old babes who have no respect and no man worth his salt will go near any of them for a serious relationship-hence their singleness.

The boys supporting these women are mainly little kids looking for likes and an opportunity to PM these single ladies later so they can "hook-up".

A responsible and respectable man approaches a woman for a relationship and when he sees she is wife material he will go ahead and propose, approach the woman's family, do introduction, pay bride price, follow all the regular procedures and then give the woman the white wedding of her dreams. The woman does not marry him under duress i.e by force, she marries him of her own free will. She marries him because she has fallen in love with him and knows that he will be able to take care of her needs for the rest of his life.. This is a huge responsibility. That is enough to accord him that respect. He has earned it. It is a little thing to show that respect by greeting him first thing in the morning. It is just common courtesy and shows that the woman is a good woman, a woman who is proud of her husband.

Those single girls typing a thousand words and trying to encourage themselves in their false beliefs will continue to remain single if they practice this antagonistic behaviour outside the internet. Don't get carried away by their friendly exchanges and seemingly smart wit. They are lonely and looking for who to add to their club.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by pickabeau1: 2:09am On Jul 25, 2014
@topic
A man has earned respect the day the woman said I do.that's why the decision to say I Do is more serious for a woman than the man.

Greeting should not be an issue but respect is respect.

@5minsmadness

You left out one category of posters always proving points up n down

Those who have cultivated an online persona of being married when they really are not.

Don't mind our resident pantie sniffers..
They will get kiss emoticon from the ladied....

Forget all these single ladies and those married females who come online to type long epistles because they feel oppressed in their matrimonial homes due to no fault of ours and find Nairaland as a place to vent their frustrations. Many of the married ones will never admit it but they will even kneel down to greet their husbands in their homes then come here and start spreading like peacock. The single ones shouting are still single for a reason. They are either small girls or they are old babes who have no respect and no man worth his salt will go near any of them for a serious relationship-hence their singleness.
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Well, you can color me shocked...
I mean, my goodness, this is actually a thing? So if she doesn't say it first, it leaves you feeling terribly disrespected? Insecure much?

Interesting indeed.

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by cococandy(f): 7:35am On Jul 25, 2014
Nairaland of wonders.

So someone like me now who sees all these trash as silly and types in accord must be really oppressed in my marriage because forgive me I don't understand how this is an issue.

Hubby wakes up and begins to rub your backside while murmuring 'good morning sweetheart' into your ears until your sleepy head wakes up. What an oppression grin grin
Better run for your life

Or these guys who don't see how it is disrespectful to greet their wives first must be pantie sniffers. Oh dear.

I believe when people get married,all these misinformation will stop.
I can state so many scenarios where couples wake up and get lost in the romance of the morning to even bother about greeting.

Or some scenarios where the husband greets his wife first even before she has a chance to open her mouth and greet.

Or a scenario where both of them blurt the good morning out simultaneuosly and begin to laugh about how their both greetings came at the same exact time. And that's because neither of them was waiting for the other to say it first.

How will I wake up and stare at hubby waiting for him to greet me first? I can't imagine it.
Neither can I imagine a scenario where he sees me first and keeps mute until I greet him first.
If this should ever happen to any couple,then something is wrong somewhere.
But I believe a normal marriage sees either of the party ready to start up the days romance regardless of who speaks or greets first.

Pls you guys should stop scaring single ladies into thinking that marriage is one huge rule laden ride and they can't be happy in it unless they are constantly fanning egos.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 25, 2014
Greeting isn't part of me since my existence on this planet earth. If she greet or not I don't care. She should not just deny me on bed coz that's my food anytime of the day. Greeting is tedious when am not a beggar
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by beeevan: 7:52am On Jul 25, 2014
My mum will always wake me with "good morning (my name), please can you go and do bla bla...... ", 90 percent of the times, i have greeted our gate man first because I probably do see him first.

Gosh!! I really wonder how men this staunch make love to their wives, ominous sounds might have to be played in the background before the act to show that the King of the jungle is about to get on undecided.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by crackhaus: 8:12am On Jul 25, 2014
donroxy: Of course Yes !
Sorry.. undecided

So the fact that a woman has chosen to marry her husband is not enough to earn him his respect?

If your dad or mom does not create an atmosphere of respect in your home, does that mean you disrespect them?

Think before you answer, I'm trying to figure out the angle you're working from grin
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by crackhaus: 8:19am On Jul 25, 2014
bukatyne:

1st 8, the man does
2nd 1, the woman does
3rd 1, nobody does cheesy
And your point with the question is?
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by cococandy(f): 8:25am On Jul 25, 2014
Lmao @ king of the jungle.
Beeevan idi funny. grin

But seriously tho,I can't imagine myself (a die hard romantic) survive in such a rigid environment.

Take for example a beautiful saturday morning.
Neither of them is going to work.
Wifey sees herself waking up before hubby. She looks at him and says to herself 'wow I still can't believe this handsome,chiseled chocolately hunk of a man is all mine' kiss kiss kiss
So she gently lifts her head from his chest to avoid waking him and sneaks off to the kitchen to make something awesomely delicious for him as breakfast. cheesy

But before she's done,he's awake and tiptoes into the kitchen,grabs her from behind and says 'good morning my love'
Wondering in his heart 'how did I get blessed with such a beautiful sweet woman?'

Should we tell him to withdraw his good morning because she's supposed to say it first?

I don't think romance can survive so many rules at once.

Meanwhile you owe me a plate of okro soup for this beautiful romantic scenarios I just created for you now angry

beeevan: My mum will always wake me with "good morning (my name), please can you go and do bla bla...... ", 90 percent of the times, i have greeted our gate man first because I probably do see him first.

Gosh!! I really wonder how men this staunch make love to their wives, ominous sounds might have to be played in the background before the act to show that the King of the jungle is about to get on undecided.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by TRADELYN: 9:09am On Jul 25, 2014
grin Period!
cococandy: Nairaland of wonders.

So someone like me now who sees all these trash as silly and types in accord must be really oppressed in my marriage because forgive me I don't understand how this is an issue.

Hubby wakes up and begins to rub your backside while murmuring 'good morning sweetheart' into your ears until your sleepy head wakes up. What an oppression grin grin
Better run for your life

Or these guys who don't see how it is disrespectful to greet their wives first must be pantie sniffers. Oh dear.

I believe when people get married,all these misinformation will stop.
I can state so many scenarios where couples wake up and get lost in the romance of the morning to even bother about greeting.

Or some scenarios where the husband greets his wife first even before she has a chance to open her mouth and greet.

Or a scenario where both of them blurt the good morning out simultaneuosly and begin to laugh about how their both greetings came at the same exact time. And that's because neither of them was waiting for the other to say it first.

How will I wake up and stare at hubby waiting for him to greet me first? I can't imagine it.
Neither can I imagine a scenario where he sees me first and keeps mute until I greet him first.
If this should ever happen to any couple,then something is wrong somewhere.
But I believe a normal marriage sees either of the party ready to start up the days romance regardless of who speaks or greets first.

Pls you guys should stop scaring single ladies into thinking that marriage is one huge rule laden ride and they can't be happy in it unless they are constantly fanning egos.
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by fairheven: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2014
5minsmadness:

You really want to know? Ok.
Its not about ego, its about respect.
Am sure your parents don't greet you first thing in the morning, they would have taught you that greeting your elder is the curteous thing to do. Apart from indicating that you wish the person well it shows politeness, that you were well brought up. We are not in the western setting when you see your father and greet him by his first name e.g "Hi Steve". Its an insult in our setting. Even the westerners are beginning to realise that there is a missing link in setting a foundation for their kids to show respect to the elders among them.

The boys supporting these women are mainly little kids looking for likes and an opportunity to PM these single ladies later so they can "hook-up".

A responsible and respectable man approaches a woman for a relationship and when he sees she is wife material he will go ahead and propose, approach the woman's family, do introduction, pay bride price, follow all the regular procedures and then give the woman the white wedding of her dreams. The woman does not marry him under duress i.e by force, she marries him of her own free will. She marries him because she has fallen in love with him and knows that he will be able to take care of her needs for the rest of his life.. This is a huge responsibility. That is enough to accord him that respect. He has earned it. It is a little thing. to show that respect by greeting him first thing in the morning. It is just common courtesy and shows that the woman is a good woman, a woman who is proud of her husband.

Those single girls typing a thousand words and trying to encourage themselves in their false beliefs will continue to remain single if they practice this antagonistic behaviour outside the internet. Don't get carried away by their friendly exchanges and seemingly smart wit. They are lonely and looking for who to add to their club.

Yea.your parent cud have tot u that,but the moment u grow up,u know better,there are so mab
Re: Is It A Womans Duty To Greet A Man "Good Morning" by beeevan: 10:11am On Jul 25, 2014
cococandy: Lmao @ king of the jungle.
Beeevan idi funny. grin

But seriously tho,I can't imagine myself (a die hard romantic) survive in such a rigid environment.

Take for example a beautiful saturday morning.
Neither of them is going to work.
Wifey sees herself waking up before hubby. She looks at him and says to herself 'wow I still can't believe this handsome,chiseled chocolately hunk of a man is all mine' kiss kiss kiss
So she gently lifts her head from his chest to avoid waking him and sneaks off to the kitchen to make something awesomely delicious for him as breakfast. cheesy

But before she's done,he's awake and tiptoes into the kitchen,grabs her from behind and says 'good morning my love'
Wondering in his heart 'how did I get blessed with such a beautiful sweet woman?'

Should we tell him to withdraw his good morning because she's supposed to say it first?

I don't think romance can survive so many rules at once.

Meanwhile you owe me a plate of okro soup for this beautiful romantic scenarios I just created for you now angry

There is no respect in this scenario you described,as a matter of fact the woman here has no respect for her husband at all. A real woman must fling those hands off her hips, fall face flat on the ground and apologize to her Lord and master for not seeing him first. She just reduced her man to a pant sniffer for letting him greet first tongue.

I really wonder how love and friendship thrive in such environment, some marriages have more rules and regulations than Madonna University. Such men will probably report you to their kins men if you slap his butt or grab his crotch playfully cheesy.

Munch on this while waiting for your soup.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

They All Mocked Her, Until FG Removed Fuel Subsidy. / Buried Baby Found Alive In Lagos (pics) / What Does 'submission' In Marriage Mean Exactly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.