Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? (1302 Views)

Alex Otti Dancing With Ladies (Photo) / Alex Otti, Abia State Guber Candidate & Team Brutally Attacked By Thugs [Pics] / Abia Guber: Dr Alex Otti Vs Okezie Ikpeazu. Who Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by filiks(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2014
Last time at the polls, Abians were forced to choose between the devil and the 'deep-black sea', with the likes of T.A. Orji, Ikonne etc emerging as flag bearers for their political parties. Hopes were lost and many abians stayed back at home during the elections.

The story this time is different and politics in abia is becoming interesting already as some names that have recorded great success in their respective fields are coming up.

Some of the names are;
Lt Gen O. Ihejirika rtd: Immediate past COAS. Who was successful during his time as army chief and helped restore sanity in abia state some years ago when kidnapping and all other vices almost drowned all economic activities in the state.

Dr. Ugochukwu Ogah: the president Masters Energy Group. A successful business man in the oil and gas sector, whose benevolence, especially in the area of youth empowerment in recent years, cannot be ignored.

Dr. Alex Otti: A former assistant director at First bank plc and recently, the Group managing director of Diamond bank plc.

More names are also coming up and I personally think there's hope for Abia state!
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by ChrisOD: 12:36am On Jul 25, 2014
Otti fits the bill. Abia has tried a biz man in Kalu, a civil servant in Orji, and now it needs a thorough professional such as Otti who will invest public money in developing Aba city.

Ihejirija has nothing to offer in terms of economic mgt. Ogah is a business man like Kalu who will most certainly run Abia like his private enterprise

1 Like

Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by filiks(m): 1:06am On Jul 25, 2014
ChrisOD: Otti fits the bill. Abia has tried a biz man in Kalu, a civil servant in Orji, and now it needs a thorough professional such as Otti who will invest public money in developing Aba city.

Ihejirija has nothing to offer in terms of economic mgt. Ogah is a business man like Kalu who will most certainly run Abia like his private enterprise

I understand your sentiment bro, but I personally think any of the three will do well.

Ihejirika has nothing to offer in terms of economic mgt? I don't agree with that. Come on man! He managed military funds better than any other person I know of in the history of Nigeria! Do you know how many military facilities he overhauled even while effectively handling the security crisis in the country?
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by ChrisOD: 1:17am On Jul 25, 2014
filiks:

I understand your sentiment bro, but I personally think any of the three will do well.

Ihejirika has nothing to offer in terms of economic mgt? I don't agree with that. Come on man! He managed military funds better than any other person I know of in the history of Nigeria! Do you know how many military facilities he overhauled even while effectively handling the security crisis in the country?

But managing the army isn't as executive (nearly absolute power, per Naija style democracy) as being a governor. I might be wrong in my assessment of him, of course. But I believe of the three Otti is the most fitting.

I feel Abia needs a financial guru like Anambra got in Obiano.

2 Likes

Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by iamtheprincipal: 1:19am On Jul 25, 2014
Abia needs the character and legendary of the likes of Ihejirika to regain its lost glory

1 Like

Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by filiks(m): 1:23am On Jul 25, 2014
ChrisOD:

But managing the army isn't as executive (nearly absolute power, per Naija style democracy) as being a governor. I might be wrong in my assessment of him, of course. But I believe of the three Otti is the most fitting.

Again, I agree with you, managing the army is not even close to being a governor but the experience of handling tax payers funds and being accountable for it will have to count at some point.
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by mikolo80: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
I beg to disagree running the army is exactly like being a governor. Budgeting from different departments(ministries) and ensuring the money is used judiciously(natural to soldiers)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by henchamb(m): 1:41pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ihejirika all the way.

1 Like

Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 1:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ihejirika isn't in the contest.

The most formidable structure is that of Dr Ogah. He would either be the gov or hand over his structure to whoever is "anointed" from the Ukwa-Ngwa axis.

Dr Otti stands no chance.
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
May God help Abia because that state has so much potentials to even compete with or overtake Anambra. They just need a Peter Obi who will open their eyes and show them what they are missing. Abians aren't even helping matter....They don't care,everybody is just relaxing. I only know of Ihejirika but is he really the best Abians can offer. Abia needs a technocrat like Obiano .

2 Likes

Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by ChrisOD: 3:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
mikolo80: I beg to disagree running the army is exactly like being a governor. Budgeting from different departments(ministries) and ensuring the money is used judiciously(natural to soldiers)

He has a boss (CGS)and he has close subordinates (GOCs) watching him closely and who he would be wary of. He has no executive power as a gov has.
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by ChrisOD: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes: Ihejirika isn't in the contest.

The most formidable structure is that of Dr Ogah. He would either be the gov or hand over his structure to whoever is "anointed" from the Ukwa-Ngwa axis.

Is Otti not Ukwa Ngwa even of Aro origin?
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by ChrisOD: 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
OdenigboAroli: May God help Abia because that state has so much potentials to even compete with or overtake Anambra. They just need a Peter Obi who will open their eyes and show them what they are missing. Abians aren't even helping matter....They don't care,everybody is just relaxing. I only know of Ihejirika but is he really the best Abians can offer. Abia needs a technocrat like Obiano .

I believe Otti is that one
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by mikolo80: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
ChrisOD:

He has a boss (CGS)and he has close subordinates (GOCs) watching him closely and who he would be wary of. He has no executive power as a gov has.
a gov also has a boss you and me(at least in theory) he also has colleagues (assemblymen) that can check him so really every job gas similar elements
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by mikolo80: 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
ChrisOD:

a gov also has a boss you and me(at least in theory) he also has colleagues (assemblymen) that can check him so really every job gas similar elements .anyway if i were from abia i'd vote for him
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by mikolo80: 4:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
ChrisOD:

a gov also has a boss you and me(at least in theory) he also has colleagues (assemblymen) that can check him so really every job gas similar elements .anyway if i were from abia i'd vote for him,at least he is a proven performer.
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by fidinwala(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dr. Uche Ogah all the way . A man with a large heart i am sure when he become the next Governor of Abia state thing will change for good.
COCO you're already there.
PROUDLY UTURU.
Re: Better Abia 2015: Ihejirika, Dr. Ogah Or Dr Alex Otti? by filiks(m): 8:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
HisRoyalHardnes: Ihejirika isn't in the contest.

Why do you think Dr Otti has no chance?

(1) (Reply)

Omisore Wa Gba Wa Ooo, Iya Yi Ti Poju....! / See Photos Of LASU Students Celebrating School Fees Reversal By Lagos State Gove / Photo Of Governor Aregbesola Heading For Accreditation in Ilesha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.