Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits (28630 Views)

6 Ways Sugary Beverages Are Damaging Your Body / List Of Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits / List Of Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by efembaba(m): 10:09am On Jul 25, 2014
Mosandie: Been skipping breakfast for long nw, gt to change that. Tnx for sharing
why skip bf dear?? Ar yu dieting?
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Truman155(m): 10:11am On Jul 25, 2014
blogexpert12: thanks

Remember to also visit us on www.supergists.com
seun pls can we have an unlike button on nairaland ps i really need one now
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by mrofficial(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2014
11. Habit of commenting trash on nairaland damages your brain faster.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Harmvirus(f): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2014
Informative
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by JEITO: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2014
abdulaz: grin cheesy winkThank God WEED is not among the list.
13: weed. Are u satisfied now?
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by JEITO: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Akinsnaira: 10:51am On Jul 25, 2014
I am always a victim of that breakfast, I have known it for many years that skipping breakfast is not healthy for brain, but I can't just cope with eating food early in the morning. Maybe because I do take my supper late in the night and also sleep late.

I am used to taking my first meal around 12pm even sometimes around 2pm-4pm, I know that can't be deemed as breakfast anymore but that is the way it has been suitable for my body. I have been trying to supplement my breakfast with fruits.

Anybody with the idea of how they are managing to take their breakfast early in the morning will be welcomed. Is it that they force themselves to eat early morning or they find it delicious?
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by maingwaest(f): 10:58am On Jul 25, 2014
Noted.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Lexity2: 11:03am On Jul 25, 2014
Insufficient ventilation,or small amount of air supply could lead to dizzins,cloudiness n dullness@op to add. Tnx gud job.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by omoelu1(m): 11:08am On Jul 25, 2014
8. Talking Rarely Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.
Op, I don't understand this o. Or am I not reading it properly.
Somebody please help me out
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2014
nnamdibig: 1. Lack of Stimulating Thoughts Lack of brain stimulation may cause brain shrinkage. Thinking is the best way to train your brain, so think more, write more, explore more, all this will help you to keep your brain fresh.
2. Skipping Breakfast or No Breakfast at all
People who do not eat breakfast have lower blood sugar levels, which leads to an insufficient supply of nutrients to the brain causing brain degeneration.
3. Over Eating Often we find tasty food and start eating more than what our body requires, which can cause hardening of the brain arteries, leading to a decrease in mental power.
4. Smoking Smoking not only harms the lungs, but the brain as well, the nicotine in cigarettes contains substances that can cause multiple brain cell shrinkage, leading to Alzheimer’s disease.
5. High sugar consumption Too much sugar will interrupt the absorption of proteins and nutrients causing malnutrition and may interfere with brain development.
6. Sleep Deprivation Long term deprivation from sleep will accelerate the death of brain cells. More cells dead equals more memory loss.
7. Head covered while sleeping Sleeping with the head covered increases the concentration of carbon dioxide and decreases concentration of oxygen that may lead to brain damaging effects, it would result in a 92.8% chance of suffering from either an early stage, middle stage, or late stage of dementia, by the age of 70.
8. Talking Rarely Intellectual conversations will promote the efficiency of the brain.

9. Working your brain during illness Take a rest, working hard or studying with sickness may lead to a decrease in effectiveness of the brain as well as damaging the brain.
10. Air pollution You probably know that your brain is the largest oxygen consumer in your body, so its the organ that consumes the largest amount of pollution from the air. Inhaling polluted air decreases the supply of oxygen to the brain, bringing about a decrease in brain efficiency.

http://m.positivemed.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpositivemed.com%2F2013%2F07%2F12%2Ftop-10-most-damaging-brain-habits%2F&dm_redirected=true

If truly your claims are right,try explaining to me how a 32 year old,who has lived through this years still remains SANE!!!considering the fact that such life style as claimed by you leads to brain cells dying off...
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Babaji111(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2014
Check it out..SMOKING in general, I guess.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Babaji111(m): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2014
That's exciting and educative. This is the Kind of topics I like reading in NL. I am fed up with Nigerian news and comments.... boring!
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Babaji111(m): 11:30am On Jul 25, 2014
That's exciting and educative. This is the Kind of topics I like reading in NL. I am fed up with Nigerian news and abusive comments.... boring!
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by mbond(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
econome: Wow!! Thanks, this nairaland na college o
Yeah I've really learnt alot from this great forum.Proud to be a member.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by tjmc: 12:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
econome: Anytime, I no fit sleep for night, I just enter Seun's place of work(nairaland), which is my place of play till I crash to bed... grin

Chaii, dis seun don really suffer because of people like u. every post u make must have a constant: seun.

allow the man some rest bikooo ooooo
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by viralcharlie(m): 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=damibravo]

talking from experience?
I think so
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Nelrulez(m): 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nice post but I strongly disagree with some points listed.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by klasretol: 2:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Thank you! Very informative about the brain )
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Sijioke(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
No 8 is wrong, cos i know a whiz since primary school who talks rarely but destroys all subjects now we are out of college*
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Rufex07(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
HooxJnr: If a witch in your village uses your picture to fan herself, your own don finish kpata-kpata be that.
grin
HooxJnr: If a witch in your village uses your picture to fan herself, your own don finish kpata-kpata be that.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by gabrielmorinho(m): 7:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
does excess straffing affect brain efficiency? pls am serious. if yes, is the effect positive or negative?
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by EbuGeneral(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
11. Read constantly, always engage ur brain to straighten the informations in the brain. Read the good, bad and ugly, but don't read pass your threshold.

12. Avoid drugs, alcoholism, weeds etc.. The kill some nerve cells(neurons) and make some not to function temporarily. That is y we see drunkards the way de are.

13. Always protect ur brain from accidents by wearing helmets while working, while biking, while doing sports and also put ur sit belt while driving to prevent Amnesia.

14. Always report to a Physician when u have acute headache... Avoid self medication.
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by lumeneng22: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
What of spiritual waters like alcohol or beer whether i should go and throw away my keg of tombo liquor?
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by Mosandie(f): 9:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
efembaba:
why skip bf dear?? Ar yu dieting?
Nt at all, i leave home early and kinda forget food until noon or when i get really hungry. Jst used to d routine plus im nt a foodie,basically eat to stay alive. undecided

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by biopat(m): 3:34am On Jul 26, 2014
abdulaz: sorry to disappoint you man, number 4 talked about NICOTINE and not Tetrahydrocannabinol(THC)

Bro...I have problem with the glo comonth stuff u showed me.

It browsed slowly for some minutes n stopped browsing finally. Any help on this?

It'squite unfortunate that the other thread was deleted....I am sorry for making this comment here!
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by SkyyLord(m): 5:51am On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=abdulaz]sorry to disappoint you man, number 4 talked about NICOTINE and not Tetrahydrocannabinol(THC) [/ quote]Oya na... Oga me Carry on... Smoke away!!
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by abdulaz: 12:33pm On Jul 26, 2014
biopat:

Bro...I have problem with the glo comonth stuff u showed me.

It browsed slowly for some minutes n stoppe
d browsing finally. Any help on this?

It'squite unfortunate that the other thread was deleted....I am sorry for making this comment here!
No biggie... just contact me on 7c8bf103 make we resolve am.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by biopat(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
abdulaz: No biggie... just contact me on 7c8bf103 make we resolve am.

Request sent!
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by biopat(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
abdulaz: No biggie... just contact me on 7c8bf103 make we resolve am.

invite sent!
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by bankyteemoney(m): 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2014
Very educative thanks for the information brother
Re: Top 10 Most Damaging Brain Habits by efembaba(m): 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2014
Mosandie: Nt at all, i leave home early and kinda forget food until noon or when i get really hungry. Jst used to d routine plus im nt a foodie,basically eat to stay alive. undecided
thanks **

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Common Diseases In Nigeria And How To Prevent Them / Man Raises Alarm After Buying "Not For Sale" USAID Donated Mosquito Net At Lekki / Positive Outlook To Life As An HIV Positive Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.