Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 (10401 Views)

Buhari And Sheriff's Campaign Poster In 2003 / Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / Photo Of Atiku Abubakar In 1991 When He Contested For Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by OtunbaJega: 4:21am On Jul 25, 2014
I have been following the clamour for a President from Ibo land.

Ojukwu, the Biafra hero, contested in 2003.

Why did majority of the ibos refused to vote their hero.

One interesting fact is that, in 2003, Ojukwu gat only 3votes in Bayelsa State...

In 2007, he recorded just 155,947 vote which represented a meager 0.44% of the total votes

Just asking?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by iykak47: 4:42am On Jul 25, 2014
Op, pls leave Ikemba alone

11 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by OtunbaJega: 4:54am On Jul 25, 2014
iykak47: ....Also your hero Chief Jeremiah Awolowo contested election in 1979 and 1983 under UPN, do i need to remind you the outcome? He (a senior lawyer) was defeated by a primary school teacher, Shehu Shagari.

Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo
(President 1999-2007) is an Igbo man abi

Election 1999 Result

Olusegun Obasanjo (Yoruba) People's Democratic Party 18,738,154- 62.78%
Olu Falae (Yoruba) Alliance for Democracy-All People's Party 11,110,287 - 37.22%

heheheheheheheheheh.... No run ooo

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by merieam16(f): 5:19am On Jul 25, 2014
Hmmm.. I can't wait 2 see people' comment
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by anago18(m): 5:22am On Jul 25, 2014
even a common criminal Jim nwogbodo trash eze guruguru at his backyard for senate seat.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2014
iykak47: ....Also your hero Chief Jeremiah Awolowo contested election in 1979 and 1983 under UPN, do i need to remind you the outcome? He (a senior lawyer) was defeated by a primary school teacher, Shehu Shagari.
Awolowo: the best president nigeria NEVER had

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by omenka(m): 5:45am On Jul 25, 2014
anago18: even a common criminal Jim nwogbodo trash eze guruguru at his backyard for senate seat.
Guys isn't it too early for all these. Haba. Una nor dey tire? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 6:20am On Jul 25, 2014
Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

ThÍs same Ojukwu with the help of Chief Chekwas Ókorie lost the 1983 SENATÓRIAL poll, after obtaining the ticket on a pLatter of Gold with help from OkorÍe. He lost to a lowly ranked nÉwbie.

This same Ojukwu was Ñot invited to the Burial of the Late Owelle of Owerri, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe

This same Ojukwu was denounced PUBLICLy and in Newspapers by Ohanaeze Indigbo, after he took the Title Ezeigbo Gburugburu

This same Ojukwu was brought in to APGA by its founder Chief Chekwas Okorie to contest the Presidential election of 2003. He was defeated in Anambra State and the entirer SE by incumbent Obasanjo.

The Same Ojukwu that was insulted and called a BÉTRAYER by Chief Chekwas Okorie after he sided with VictÔr Umeh for Þhe APgA party Çhairmanship tussle.

This Same Ójukwu that was told to step down for Uzor Kalu by PPA Chieftains (Igbos) in the 2007 Presidential poll because he's not "sellable"

ThÉ same Ojukwu that could not Save Peter Obi's impeachment in 2006 despite his condemnation of the exercise and was bluffed publicly when he called "the PDP dominated house to order"

The same Ojukwu that was humiliated at the Onitsha High Court before then Justice Obiora Nwazota. The Judge refused to entertain Ojukwu legal suit against Ohanaeze.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by ibrahym47(m): 6:23am On Jul 25, 2014
ikemba Ko, ike eba ni. Awon omo olori pelebe yi sha

12 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 25, 2014
Dede Ojukwu .
Anu kporo nku n'eju onu.
Nwoke a na agba egbe o n'ata aki.
Ofu onye a n'asi "unu abiago".
Onye n'eji nkata echu mmiri.

5 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by size38: 8:40am On Jul 25, 2014
Igbo presidency? NO WAY. The 6 months military leadership of Ironsi is ok for them. because that position is not for every Tom, Dick and Harry. The presidency will rotate btw North, West and South-South. Igbos are not to be trusted with power

13 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 25, 2014
size38: Igbo presidency? NO WAY. The 6 months military leadership of Ironsi is ok for them. because that position is not for every Tom, Dick and Harry. The presidency will rotate btw North, West and South-South. Igbos are not to be trusted with power
vote GEJ
Dont be frustrated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 25, 2014
size38: Igbo presidency? NO WAY. The 6 months military leadership of Ironsi is ok for them. because that position is not for every Tom, Dick and Harry. The presidency will rotate btw North, West and South-South. Igbos are not to be trusted with power
this is also unconstitutional and treasonable

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by khamas19: 8:53am On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

ThÍs same Ojukwu with the help of Chief Chekwas Ókorie lost the 1983 SENATÓRIAL poll, after obtaining the ticket on a pLatter of Gold with help from OkorÍe. He lost to a lowly ranked nÉwbie.

This same Ojukwu was Ñot invited to the Burial of the Late Owelle of Owerri, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe

This same Ojukwu was denounced PUBLICLy and in Newspapers by Ohanaeze Indigbo, after he took the Title Ezeigbo Gburugburu

This same Ojukwu was brought in to APGA by its founder Chief Chekwas Okorie to contest the Presidential election of 2003. He was defeated in Anambra State and the entirer SE by incumbent Obasanjo.

The Same Ojukwu that was insulted and called a BÉTRAYER by Chief Chekwas Okorie after he sided with VictÔr Umeh for Þhe APgA party Çhairmanship tussle.

This Same Ójukwu that was told to step down for Uzor Kalu by PPA Chieftains (Igbos) in the 2007 Presidential poll because he's not "sellable"

ThÉ same Ojukwu that could not Save Peter Obi's impeachment in 2006 despite his condemnation of the exercise and was bluffed publicly when he called "the PDP dominated house to order"

The same Ojukwu that was humiliated at the Onitsha High Court before then Justice Obiora Nwazota. The Judge refused to entertain Ojukwu legal suit against Ohanaeze.

grin

8 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 500GP: 8:56am On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Honestly, I keep questioning the sincerity of some Igbos whenever they eulogies Ikemba Ojukwu...

THIS IS INTERESTING. SO IT'S JUST EYE SERVICE THAT IBO LOVE OJUKWU..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 500GP: 8:59am On Jul 25, 2014
IBO SHOULD FORGET ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT.

IF THE POWER GET BACK TO THE NORTH, IT WILL BE HARD FOR SOUTH SOUTH /SOUTH EAST TO GET THE MANDATE.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2014
500GP: IBO SHOULD FORGET ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT.

IF THE POWER GET BACK TO THE NORTH, IT WILL BE HARD FOR SOUTH SOUTH /SOUTH EAST TO GET THE MANDATE.

if
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2014
Although I respect ojukwu and his good intentions during the war, I can't personally vote for someone who lost a war, no matter how good his intentions are. In essence, Igbo's don't want just an Igbo president, they want the most competent president and would very much like that person to be Igbo. In the absence of such a person, Igbo voters have no choice but to put aside tribal biases and vote for the next best competent person.

E.g I'd vote for Fashola, if he contests, over Jonathan, over Ojukwu, Over Buhari simply because on a scale of competency, this is how i'd

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 25, 2014
500GP:

THIS IS INTERESTING. SO IT'S JUST EYE SERVICE THAT IBO LOVE OJUKWU..
Well, that is the Irony of the whole thing. I see that they Love him as a Person, but they don't consider him worthy of Leadership and Administration.

500GP: IBO SHOULD FORGET ABOUT THE PRESIDENTIAL SEAT.

If I am to run for political position, I will never use Region or my tribe in my campaign. Reason is that..... IT IS ABSURD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 500GP: 9:30am On Jul 25, 2014
quid:
if

THE NORTH WILL GET THE POWER BACK AFTER GEJ'S ADMINISTRATION. DON'T EXPECT THE PDP KINGMAKER TO CHOSE IBO AS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. THE HAUSA DOMINATE PDP

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 500GP: 9:34am On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Well, that is the Irony of the whole thing. I see that they Love him as a Person, but they don't consider him worthy of Leadership and Administration.

If I am to run for political position, I will never use Region or my tribe in my campaign. Reason is that..... IT IS ABSURD

THAT'S ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. DID OJUKWU KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE HE DIED OF HEART ATTACK?

IF YOU DON'T USE YOUR REGION OR TRIBE TO CAMPAIGN FOR POLITICAL POSITION, THE ELECTORATE WILL FIND OUT ABOUT THE REGION YOU COME FROM

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2014
500GP:

THAT'S ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. DID OJUKWU KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE HE DIED OF HEART ATTACK?

IF YOU DON'T USE YOUR REGION OR TRIBE TO CAMPAIGN FOR POLITICAL POSITION, THE ELECTORATE WILL FIND OUT ABOUT THE REGION YOU COME FROM
Whether Ojukwu knows or Not? I can't say. But his failures at the polls and embarrassment received should have given him signs.

You don't get me. Like I won't say "Vote For me, I am from South South and bla bla bla".... I'd Rather campaign with my blueprint to show the electorate why they shouldn't see me as a sectional leader but a national one. Anyway, Nigeria's politicians are use to "It is Our Turn" kind of Politics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by aryzgreat: 10:31am On Jul 25, 2014
OtunbaJega: I have been following the clamour for a President from Ibo land.

Ojukwu, the Biafra hero, contested in 2003.

Why did majority of the ibos refused to vote their hero.

One interesting fact is that, in 2003, Ojukwu gat only 3votes in Bayelsa State...

In 2007, he recorded just 155,947 vote which represented a meager 0.44% of the total votes

Just asking?

So u woke up by 4:21am and jump onto ur keyboard to type about ojukwu? u did not tell us ojukwu was chasing u around in ur dream.

Eyaaaa! Ndo!

If a f00l like could count bayelsa as an igbo state where ojukwu got 3 votes, then its of no use arguing with u. U need to go back to school.

I can see ur type are quick to attack inec especially during OBJ's tenure for rigging d whole south west, yet you believed the votes inec released in the said 2003 election reflected the vote igbos gave ojukwu. Talk of double standard.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 500GP: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Whether Ojukwu knows or Not? I can't say. But his failures at the polls and embarrassment received should have given him signs.

You don't get me. Like I won't say "Vote For me, I am from South South and bla bla bla".... I'd Rather campaign with my blueprint to show the electorate why they shouldn't see me as a sectional leader but a national one. Anyway, Nigeria's politicians are use to "It is Our Turn" kind of Politics.

I UNDERSTAND BETTER NOW .

1 Like

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by 500GP: 10:41am On Jul 25, 2014
aryzgreat:

So u woke up by 4:21am and jump onto ur keyboard to type about ojukwu? u did not tell us ojukwu was chasing u around in ur dream.

Eyaaaa! Ndo!

If a f00l like could count bayelsa as an igbo state where ojukwu got 3 votes, then its of no use arguing with u. U need to go back to school.

I can see ur type are quick to attack inec especially during OBJ's tenure for rigging d whole south west, yet you believed the votes inec released in the said 2003 election reflected the vote igbos gave ojukwu. Talk of double standard.

SO INEC ALSO RIGGED 2007 ELECTIONS AT THE EXPENSE OF OJUKWU. GO AND READ WHAT BARCANISTA WROTE ABOUT OJUKWU AND IBO .

4 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 25, 2014
quid:
this is also unconstitutional and treasonable

trea·son
[tree-zuhn] Show IPA
noun
the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.
a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.
the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 25, 2014
barcanista: Well, that is the Irony of the whole thing. I see that they Love him as a Person, but they don't consider him worthy of Leadership and Administration.

If we can have 10 people like you at the helm of affairs, Nigeria will be great again..
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2014
500GP:

THE NORTH WILL GET THE POWER BACK AFTER GEJ'S ADMINISTRATION. DON'T EXPECT THE PDP KINGMAKER TO CHOSE IBO AS PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE. THE HAUSA DOMINATE PDP
This is the reason why both regions are licking gej's butt now. Everything is all about who will gej handover to in 2019?
Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Abagworo(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2014

Igbos have a self-hate syndrome. I don't know if its as a result of our legendary decentralised system of Government or the psychological effects of losing a war. Orji Kalu almost emerged with PPA after he came 4th in 2007 Presidential elections and won 2 Igbo States of Imo and Abia with his PPA but within a few months both Governors joined PDP and killed Orji's political influence. Today the brightest Igbo leader is Rochas Okorocha but as usual many of those Igbo politicians are busy looking for ways to bring him down and elevate a non-Igbo.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2014

the days of self criticism is over, if you want to be accepted in the east, Attack the hausas or Yorubas and you become the son of the soil. Recent igbo leaders ride on that emotion.

9 Likes

Re: Igbo President?. But Ojukwu Contested In 2003 and 2007 by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 25, 2014

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fred Nwabufo: Can We Expunge "Northerner, Southerner" From Nigerian Lexicon? / Why I Was Removed As Lagos Governor-ambode / Military Operations In North Successful – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.