Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 (15052 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / SURE-P To Support Abuja Light Rail Project With N10bn / Lagos Light Rail Will Be Ready In June – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by kultimate009: 9:11am On Jul 25, 2014
cyril10:

You are weeping ignorantly, just say you have nothing meaningful to post.
Gracias amigo
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by cap28: 9:11am On Jul 25, 2014
c
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 25, 2014
kultimate009: Super Story.... I weep for this country....

Actually, the railway line is under construction.

Obviously you do not live in the FCT.

1 Like

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by successking: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2014
If this is real like I'm seeing, that means it can be extended to Lagos one day

mmmmhhhhhhhhhh

GEJ till 2090

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Ahmeduana(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2014
MAY YOU CONTINUE TO WEEP TILL END OF YOUR LIFE, AND YOU WILL NEVER FIND REASONS TO SMILE! SINCE THAT'S WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by dustydee: 9:43am On Jul 25, 2014
Good. But I dont understand this part:

The Idu station is the first station and one can come here and take a train to Kaduna within a maximum of one hour. The train speed is about 150 kilometre per hour.

Bature added that the first stage of the project covered 186 kilometres from Idu to Kaduna , putting the total project cost at $849 million.
If the maximum speed is 150km/hr, how will you cover a distance of 186km in less than an hour?

1 Like

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2014
kel4soft: OP, am not against Abuja light rail, infact on the contrary I am happy we are leaving behind locomotive behind. But, your hypocrisy is too much. You have condemn Rivers Monorail cos of its length instead of giving the Governor some credit. Abuja light funds were source from international loan despite FG been richer while Amaechi used Rivers money without any form of partner to achieve that little. Who enjoy the facilities? Same elites who can afford to live in Abuja.

If Amaechi feat was easy Imoke would have threaded on the same path by embarking on Cross River Mono rail which was planned and supposed to commence operation this July. With the Canada partners for Enugu's own Monorail sine 2012. Whats on ground?
There is a massive difference between monorail and light rail, in terms of cost of construction, duration of construction and running cost. I have also commended Lagos State govt for going for the light rail. Light rail is what we need- it is sustainable, efficient, safe and most importantly, our people can afford the t-fare when completed.

3 Likes

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Deepfreezer(m): 9:44am On Jul 25, 2014
fresh air till 2025 GEJ
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Nigerianmovie(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2014

if progress makes you weep, u will die weeping because more progress are coming...

#freshbreeze...2034

1 Like

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by juvewalex(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2014
U are all corrupt be it core civil or public servants
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by kel4soft: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
There is a massive difference between monorail and light rail, in terms of cost of construction, duration of construction and running cost. I have also commended Lagos State govt for going for the light rail. Light rail is what we need- it is sustainable, efficient, safe and most importantly, our people can afford the t-fare when completed.

Is there anything wrong if we have different high transportation in Nigeria?
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by juvewalex(m): 10:00am On Jul 25, 2014
juvewalex: U are all corrupt be it core civil or public servants
my bad .....wrong thread
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by adamskutty(m): 10:13am On Jul 25, 2014
even though I'm not a goodluck Jonathan praise Singer but I must admit the rail project is on course. I live in Abuja so I know what I'm talking about
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by awodman: 10:20am On Jul 25, 2014
kel4soft:

Is there anything wrong if we have different high transportation in Nigeria?
Nothing wrong but what we are against is you people pushing propaganda of a train body hanging on a yet to be completed track and shouting "Amaechi delivers Monorail project"

Another thing that gets us angry is the number of years the Rivers Monorail has been on construction apparently going to nowhere

2 Likes

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by oluwasegun007(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2014
Wish it could turn to reality...
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by kel4soft: 10:51am On Jul 25, 2014
awodman:
Nothing wrong but what we are against is you people pushing propaganda of a train body hanging on a yet to be completed track and shouting "Amaechi delivers Monorail project"

Another thing that gets us angry is the number of years the Rivers Monorail has been on construction apparently going to nowhere

They were test running it, they never said they have completed it. Just that the press blew it. Is like what they did in PH here, when they test run the locomotive train by the FG and it made FP here.

Now, the project will take time cos unlike some others who signed into PPP or gone to market for it
Rivers is using her allocation to pursue this

Once we have good partners all these will end.

1 Like

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by ask1: 11:02am On Jul 25, 2014
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by kultimate009: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2014
Ahmeduana:
MAY YOU CONTINUE TO WEEP TILL END OF YOUR LIFE, AND YOU WILL NEVER FIND REASONS TO SMILE! SINCE THAT'S WHAT YOU WISH FOR!
That is your family's portion IJN.... Don't knw y some idiots will just come online n strt insulting pple.... I only made my opinion known..... And that is it.... 4 insulting me, may u neva know peace till d day u drop dead.... Fool
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by kultimate009: 11:09am On Jul 25, 2014
Nigerianmovie:

if progress makes you weep, u will die weeping because more progress are coming...

#freshbreeze...2034
One of them.... You just prayed for urself n all u hold dear.....
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2014
Make una park well abeg.Some countries are already running their railways better than we run our airlines and we dey here celebrate quasi-steam rail...smh.Train wey dem use for Andrew Carnegie era.We celebrate mediocre stuffs in this country.#PovertyMentality
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Decibel: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
The Canckerworms are having a field day grin grin grin
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Decibel: 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nigerianmovie:

#freshbreeze...2034
Easy oo grin grin
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by Nigerianmovie(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
Decibel: Easy oo grin grin

grin grin grin my brother.
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by DisGuy: 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
How far...?

Any update on the Abuja Light Rail? not the abuja-kaduna rail

2 Likes

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
deri4luv1:
GEJ is working, some people are hating! Continue your Good works Bro!!! GEJ till 2022 jooooor!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by drwebs: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thanks for bringing this post from the past.
We can now see that the project is ready at last.

Before the APC warriors come to acclaim the glory to current administration, it should be noted the project was started in GEJ administration and was 85% completed.

Gej has been the best thing to happen to Nigeria.

God bless GEJ
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by drwebs: 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2016

Before the APC warriors come to acclaim the glory to current administration, it should be noted the project was started in GEJ administration and was 85% completed.

God bless GEJ
Re: TRANSFORMATION AGENDA: Abuja Light Rail Will Be Ready In May 2015 by DisGuy: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
drwebs:

God bless GEJ

ABUJA LIGHT RAILWAY?? where is it ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FLASH: Boko Haram Militants Kill 30 / ECOWAS Court Adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s Human Right Case Against FG / Lagos To Demolish Makoko Floating School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.