Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School (23737 Views)

Should Sex Education Be Taught As A Subject In Nigerian Schools? / I Wish Our University Hostels Are Like Dis / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by incredibleace(m): 6:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
rattlesnake: Hmmm.......they taught u but u never learnt.... Life teaches those who reads in between the lines...like guys like me...who have three eyes...for example

Point no 5

I taught myself from "7 habits of highly effective people" while I was like 14 years old

Point 15

Mike Murdock taught me when I was like 16 years

Point 10

Baltasar Gracián y Morales

Stop wishing start learning

School is a facade....a bloody formality

Sure broda,I dey dere wit u.
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by idirect(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Very insightful
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by OmichaelO: 6:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
AgapeCharis: watx TBH??
To Be Honest
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by stanley99a(m): 7:05pm On Jul 25, 2014
I hardly read a long write up like this except when its a book, but i had to finish this piece and wished it continued. Nice one at op
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by God2man(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Great!
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by date1816: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
I rate this article 4.7/5.0, infact article of the month. Kudos!!!!
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Bolt3(m): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
Rawdeal: http://www.positivityblog.com/index.php/2008/04/02/16-things-i-wish-they-had-taught-me-in-school/
OP I am greatly disappointed, I thought you came up with this on your own. This is plagiarism.

1 Like

Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
OmichaelO: To Be Honest
waooo

Tnkx

1 Like

Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Ijebulogic(m): 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
NaLaugh:

What on Earth gives you the right to grant permission for the reproduction of someone else's work?

Do you know what plagiarism is?

NEVER present third-party material in an attempt to take credit for it.

This article was written by Henrik Edberg on April 2, 2008.

Credit the original author, as you are not.

You're right. Sadly Nigeria celebrates "Cut and Paste" champions. Stealing is not only about physical theft. Intellectual Property theft is also a crime. OP...try and recognise other peoples IP ...Biko!!!!

1 Like

Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by IzyLuv(f): 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
No. 15, very important...

Most ground breaking ideas are thought before 25yrs...(dnt ask the source o cheesy)...
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by drollster(m): 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
@ OP. You didn't add the

16/40/60 rule.
At 16 years of age, you are worried about what every one thinks of you.
At 40 years, you don't care what anyone thinks.
At 60, you realize people were too busy worrying about others' opinions to have been thinking about you.

1 Like

Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Raypawer(m): 8:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
tolutweety: OP : Permission to put this on my FB page ? duly referenced to the source.

op... I also
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by calliking(m): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
1. The 80/20 rule.
This is one of the best ways to make better use of your time. The 80/20 rule – also known as The Pareto Principle – basically says that 80 percent of the value you will receive will come from 20 percent of your activities.
So a lot of what you do is probably not as useful or even necessary to do as you may think.
You can just drop – or vastly decrease the time you spend on – a whole bunch of things.
And if you do that you will have more time and energy to spend on those things that really brings your value, happiness, fulfilment and so on.

Well, i dont completely agree with you on the 80/20 rule, unless in rare and blessed occassions. For example give your spouse 20% of your time as against 80%, then tell me later what happened to your relationship.

Disclaimer***Just siting one of sooo many other cases*****
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
Dfavouredone:
You were taught everything in school but a sayeth goeth thus :

when you wanna hid something from a blackman just put it into writing ....

U waited for 28years for you to be told :

1. 80/20 rule

2.parkinson's law

3.batching

4.give value 2 get value

5. Proactive instead of reactive

6. Mistakes and failures are good

7. Don't beat urself up

8. Assume rapport

9. Use reticular system to ur advantage

10.attitude changes reality

etc

etc

ThanGod , it is never to late to start applying what you have learnt .....U were chasing women all through school, drinking small stouts and smmmmmmmsshhhhhing weeds

Only to come lie for here, your mate been dey where ? ..... Dem don learn am teytey !
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
@ Op, you were actually taught these things in schools, but your teachers must have used a different set of words.
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
the best piece i have read recently.
op a million thanks/likes.
i will try to practice these from 2day
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by OmichaelO: 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
AgapeCharis: waooo

Tnkx
anytime bro
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by frekyfrik(f): 4:11am On Jul 26, 2014
NaLaugh:

What on Earth gives you the right to grant permission for the reproduction of someone else's work?

I wish someone had taught the OP in school or earlier on in life how not to appropriate another person's ideas or words (spoken or written), without attributing those word or ideas to their true source!
Spot on @ NaLaugh!
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by Infoay: 5:04am On Jul 26, 2014
Well said. Thank you
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by k2039: 9:07am On Jul 26, 2014
NaLaugh:

Busted
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by mikolo80: 11:24am On Jul 26, 2014
MissYuzedo: How To Wash My ODOLONDOLO for Receiving BOOMBA
ha ha ha ha ha
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by eprynce(m): 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2014
rattlesnake: Hmmm.......they taught u but u never learnt.... Life teaches those who reads in between the lines...like guys like me...who have three eyes...for example

Point no 5

I taught myself from "7 habits of highly effective people" while I was like 14 years old

Point 15

Mike Murdock taught me when I was like 16 years

Point 10

Baltasar Gracián y Morales

Stop wishing start learning

School is a facade....a bloody formality
If only I was told by a trusted person....
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by mytym(m): 12:43am On Jul 29, 2014
I love #8...Assumed Rapport!
Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by coolluk(m): 4:26pm On Apr 07, 2016
its been 2 years now and i still come to this thread for timeless information

1 Like

Re: 16 Things I Wish They Had Taught Me In School by coolluk(m): 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
coolluk:
its been 2 years now and i still come to this thread for timeless information

It's 4 years, how time flies

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Third Class Graduate With No Direction / OAU Releases Post-utme Results 44 Candidates Scored 300 And Above / Queens College Students Win Big At 2020 CONRAD Challenge Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.