Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? (9132 Views)

You Can Have Male Friends Without Sleeping With Them! / Why Do Ladies Ignore Their Male Friends On Social Networks? / Married Woman Dies During Intimacy With Married Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 13, 2008
Hey y’all, I held a party yesterday and I was kind of taken aback when it occurred to me that 70% of my friends were male and married. I was a bit self conscious because everyone was like, girl why now? I met some of them before they got married and they remained my close friends even after marriage.

So ladies, lets have it. Is it same with you are is it just me? Guys can also comment. And what do you think about it??
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by favored09(m): 4:40pm On Oct 13, 2008
good
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by sistawoman: 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2008
Yes most of my male friends are all married or in long term relationships. In fact only one is still unmarried and i dont think that he will ever get married.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 13, 2008
favored09:

Hello Everyone,

I need the direct phone numbers and e-mail addresses of either WAEC Headquarters or National Office. The phone numbers they have on their website is not (not valid) going through.

WAEC

LAGOS: Research Division, 3 Watchtower Avenue, Onipanu Private Mail Bag 1076. Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria Tel/Fax: (01) 827990

NIGERIA NATIONAL OFFICE: 21, Hussey Street, Yaba; Private Mail Bag 1022, Yaba, Lagos. Tel: (01) 3425128 -129, FAX: (01) 342511

My email address is richyway2006@yahoo.com.

And you had to post this here  
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 13, 2008
sistawoman:

Yes most of my male friends are all married or in long term relationships. In fact only one is still unmarried and i don't think that he will ever get married.

Yes but you are married aint you I'm not.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by HRhotness(f): 4:48pm On Oct 13, 2008
about 90% of my friends r male

and about 90% of them r either married or in commintted relationships

many of them i hav knwn long befor, a few of them i even dated myself. . . grin

i think these kinds of friendships hav strongest bonds as there is so much history behind it

the joke now is that everyone has a plan to marry me off sad
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by sistawoman: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

Yes but you are married aint you I'm not.

Yes i am now but not before June.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Sauron1: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

many of them i hav knwn long befor, a few of them i even dated myself. . .  grin

i think these kinds of friendships hav strongest bonds as there is so much history behind it

the joke now is that everyone has a plan to marry me off  sad

90% of your friends are male??
It seems most sisters prefer hanging out with the geezers.
Is it because some women can be spiteful n bitchy?
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2008
~Sauron~:

Not really, its a matter of Choice and chance. I have more opportunities to meet men that women. so . .

HR.hotness:

many of them i hav knwn long befor, a few of them i even dated myself. . . grin

the joke now is that everyone has a plan to marry me off sad

LMAO!!!

Thats true oh. Tell me, do they also come up with this " I'm going to intoduce you to my good friend, you'll like him a lot" stuff
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by HRhotness(f): 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2008
~Sauron~:

in some ways. . . yeah! extra emphasis on spiteful!
plus i cant handle all d hating and he-said-she-said business. . .
my boys get me grin

Ujujoan:

LMAO!!!

Thats true oh. Tell me, do they also come up with this " I'm going to intoduce you to my good friend, you'll like him a lot" stuff

More like, " I Know d perfect guy for u!" sad
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by walttt(m): 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2008
u need to go to your village n appease the juju, cos ur tym is ticking!
JUST KIDDING! lipsrsealed
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

in some ways. . . yeah! extra emphasis on spiteful!
plus i can't handle all d hating and he-said-she-said business. . . my boys get me grin

More like, " I Know d perfect guy for u!" sad

Girl I know a lot of guys who aint got s**t on girls when it comes to gossiping.

Yes ladies can be petty and spiteful, but thats not my reason for not having them as friends.

walttt:

u need to go to your village n appease the juju, because ur time is ticking!
JUST KIDDING! lipsrsealed

You had better!!
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ifihearam: 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2008
@poster

How old are you??/

Then that guy that requires Waec,i dont know their email but their headquarters is in Ogba bus stop,very easy to locate.you wan collect your GCE certificate or thinking of enrolling one because they just concluded it and i believe result is out
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by walttt(m): 5:57pm On Oct 13, 2008
You had better!!

but come to think of it, u kinda sound despr8 to hook up, how old r u?!
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 13, 2008
ifihearam:

@poster

How old are you??/

Then that guy that requires Waec,i don't know their email but their headquarters is in Ogba bus stop,very easy to locate.you wan collect your GCE certificate or thinking of enrolling one because they just concluded it and i believe result is out

Early twenties and I'm hooked wink . Just not 'official' yet.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by HRhotness(f): 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

Girl I know a lot of guys who aint got s**t on girls when it comes to gossiping.

Yes ladies can be petty and spiteful, but thats not my reason for not having them as friends.

Its not really the gossiping but the back-talking. . . i mean, if summin is eatin u, spit it out and quit with the unnecessary drama!
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ifyalways(f): 6:03pm On Oct 13, 2008
It does not sound too healthy to me undecided single male friends for a single lady sounds a little bit better to ME.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Sauron1: 6:04pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

Not really, its a matter of Choice and chance. I have more opportunities to meet men that women. so . .

Meet more men than women??
Do u work as a manager of a football team?

HR.hotness:

in some ways. . .  yeah! extra emphasis on spiteful!
plus i can't handle all d hating and he-said-she-said business. . .  
my boys get me  grin

So u agree women can be spiteful and bitchy?? PRICELESS.
No more question for this witness. grin cheesy
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by CrazyMan(m): 6:05pm On Oct 13, 2008
Having married male folks all around you isn’t the best option for a single girl; I mean why not concentrate on a relationship that would lead to marriage? You should also bear in mind that you might get married one day so how would you feel if single girls begin to hand around your husband?

If you notice a guy is married, then please for God’s sake forget about him.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 13, 2008
HR.hotness:

Its not really the gossiping but the back-talking. . . i mean, if summin is eatin u, spit it out and quit with the unnecessary drama!

walttt:

but come to think of it, u kind of sound despr8 to hook up, how old r u?!

Hey, I'm the moderator of this thread and I say, no quarelling!!!

So you guys should stop looking for my trouble oh. What's desperate and darmatic in my post now
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by HRhotness(f): 6:08pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

Hey, I'm the moderator of this thread and I say, no quarelling!!!

So you guys should stop looking for my trouble oh. What's desperate and darmatic in my post now

sorry love, wasnt referin to u. . grin grin

i simply meant some girls should just say whats on their minds rather than all d drama. . .  i tend to talk in d first person sometimes when i'm discussing issues. . . no quarrels here    grin grin grin
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by rubi(f): 6:09pm On Oct 13, 2008
ifyalways:

It does not sound too healthy to me undecided single male friends for a single lady sounds a little bit better to ME.

That sounds better singles will have more choice to choose than married male friends because you will hope till thy kingdom come at the end of the day they will all go back from where they come from. Although mostof them are well matured
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 13, 2008
crazykid:

Having married male folks all around you isn’t the best option for a single girl; I mean why not concentrate on a relationship that would lead to marriage? You should also bear in mind that you might get married one day so how would you feel if single girls begin to hand around your husband?

I am in a r/ship that could lead to marriage and I'm not talking of dating them. These are my friends. . just friends!!!
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ifyalways(f): 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2008
crazykid:

My sentiments exactly.
did the male friends come to the party with their wives?No i guess
what wud the wives say if they had found their hubbies with you,partying?lol
Dont you think you might be portraying to the outside world a pic of being a Mistress?
i can understand if my hubby introduces a married lady as a friend but a single lady hmmmn lipsrsealed
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by HRhotness(f): 6:11pm On Oct 13, 2008
Friendships should be about sharing mutual interests and just having fun and shdnt hav an ulterior motive. .  .  so whether with single or marrid men should be irrelevant!

All friendships shd be treated d same way, regardless of whether with males or females. . . . why does the issue of relationships always come into it? it is possible to be just friends with a guy u knw?
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ifyalways(f): 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2008
Ujujoan:

I am in a r/ship that could lead to marriage and I'm not talking of dating them. These are my friends. . just friends!!!
No one but you knows what your intentions are.
am married and i sure know,i wont find it funny if my hubby goes to one single gals party without me cool
well,if you really dont care about what ppl might think and say,fine and good.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by rubi(f): 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2008
I understand the poster but just be a little care and know where to draw the line because the guys who is interested in you might not see it as just casual friends. You know men think in pictures
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ifihearam: 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2008
@poster
Early twenties and I'm hooked   . Just not 'official' yet

Well all thesame be very careful because the guy might be suspecting a foul play,if i were in his shoes,i think i would stop u from seeing them,if i truly love you cha
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by sistawoman: 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2008
ifyalways:

No one but you knows what your intentions are.
am married and i sure know,i wont find it funny if my hubby goes to one single gals party without me cool
well,if you really don't care about what people might think and say,fine and good.

This is where trust comes into play.  I know my hubby and he knows me.  If he cheats he is out the door.  So if thought so little of our union to sleep w/someone else then so be it.

What is done in the dark will always come to light.  I dont think Ujujoan is going out and seeking married men to be friends with, i think what she is saying is most of her male friends have all gotten married over the years.

She is not sleeping with them so that should be one example right there of how a single woman can be friends with a married man.  i wish my husband would try to tell me i cant be friends with my single male friends.  Please.  I would not step over the boundries and dictate his friends to him and I would hope that he would never try such with me.  We trust each other to honor our vows.

If you trust your spouse i dont see what it matters.  The bitch could walk about butter ball naked and spin on a poll if he is not going to cheat he is not going to cheat.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by ifyalways(f): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2008
sistawoman:

This is where trust comes into play. I know my hubby and he knows me. If he cheats he is out the door. So if thought so little of our union to sleep w/someone else then so be it.

What is done in the dark will always come to light. I don't think Ujujoan is going out and seeking married men to be friends with, i think what she is saying is most of her male friends have all gotten married over the years.

She is not sleeping with them so that should be one example right there of how a single woman can be friends with a married man. i wish my husband would try to tell me i can't be friends with my single male friends. Please. I would not step over the boundries and dictate his friends to him and I would hope that he would never try such with me. We trust each other to honor our vows.

If you trust your spouse i don't see what it matters. The bitch could walk about butter ball naked and spin on a poll if he is not going to cheat he is not going to cheat.
lady, i trust my hubby kiss
i never said i would dictate who he should keep as friends. cool
I only said "i wont find it funny if he goes to single . . . ." undecided lets not spoil this thread abeg.If we want to talk about trust in marriage,a new thread would be better.thanks.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by sistawoman: 6:33pm On Oct 13, 2008
ifyalways:

lady, i trust my hubby kiss
i never said i would dictate who he should keep as friends. cool
I only said "i wont find it funny if he goes to single . . . ." :-\ lets not spoil this thread abeg.If we want to talk about trust in marriage,a new thread would be better.thanks.

i guess my point is could care less.  I really wouldnt get bothered by that.  I have no need to stand by his side and stake my ground when is around single people. 

Just stating my thoughts.  We can just agree to disagree?  I see if from a different point of view.  Maybe you can share yours with me and we can better understand each other.
Re: A Single Girl With Married Male Friends Only? by janami(f): 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
OP
Not wise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shout Out To The Person You Lost Your Virginity To!! / I'm Tired Staying Without A Bae To Call My Own. / Dear Young Guys At The Age Of 22 To 28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.