Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Norton Vs. Kaspersky - Which Is Better Against Virus Protection? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Norton Vs. Kaspersky - Which Is Better Against Virus Protection? (3231 Views)

How To Remove Write Protection From Computer/flash Drive / How Do I Remove NAV2004 (Norton Antivirus 2004) From My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Norton Vs. Kaspersky - Which Is Better Against Virus Protection? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:51am On Jul 25, 2014
Did You Know?
Modern antivirus are not just plain antivirus software packages. They pack a lot of other highly-desired features like anti-phishing, anti-spyware, real-time protection etc.

We, the privacy and security conscious Internet-savvy users, are always looking for the best protection against Internet threats and worms. Most of us have tried several, if not tens of, antivirus protection software suites before settling for the security package that we are currently using. Norton and Kaspersky Lab are two of the most renowned companies who develop antivirus and other security software. So, let's compare Norton with Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and see which one of them emerges as a winner.

But before we begin, let me clear the air regarding the level of security offered by Norton and Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Both packages offer top-notch security and privacy.So, if you are in a fix between these two antivirus software, then you better take a look at their other features.

The Asking Price
Norton AntiVirus is available at USD 49.99 and comes with one year of free support and single PC installation license. The Kaspersky Anti-Virus, on the other hand, is slightly expensive at USD 59.95, but comes with a license for 3 different PCs and a year of free support and definition updates.

Features
Norton and Kaspersky Anti-Virus offer similar set of features. Let's discuss them one by one.
✦Definition Updates and Technical Support
Norton Antivirus is updated every 5-15 minutes via rapid pulse updates. Kaspersky doesn't mention the update frequency, but keeps their antivirus updated with small and frequent updates. Technical support is provided via phone, live chat, and email to both antivirus packages.

✦Gaming/Movie Mode
Norton AntiVirus incorporates Silent mode to avoid interrupting the user while gaming and video playback. Kaspersky also has a Gamer mode to let the user enjoy the game without being bothered by security alerts about any infection.

✦Protection against Spyware, Trojans, and Phishing
Norton and Kaspersky, both come with built-in anti-spyware security features. They block the latest Internet worms with real-time protection, and also safeguard the user against phishing traps.

✦Web Protection
Norton AntiVirus scans Facebook news feed for dangerous downloads, while the Kaspersky Anti-Virus comes with protection against executing suspicious codes, and opening malicious websites.

✦Cloud Management and Rescue Disc
Norton AntiVirus supports cloud management and allows the user to manage his Norton products from anywhere on the globe. Kaspersky Anti-Virus misses out on this feature, but comes with a Rescue CD. This disc can be used to recover files, and restore a computer even if it is infected beyond regular usage.

It is very tough to choose between either of these two antivirus packages as they boast similar feature sets. If you are a loyal user of any one of these software, then you needn't look towards the other, but if you are looking for a change, then we recommend that you try first and buy later. Install the trial version of any antivirus package, and see if it's any better than the one that you are currently using. Which security software would you choose? Kaspersky or Norton AntiVirus?

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/norton-vs-kaspersky-which-is-better-against-virus-protection.html

Re: Norton Vs. Kaspersky - Which Is Better Against Virus Protection? by PrinceAdepoju(m): 9:52am On Jul 25, 2014
drop your comments..
Re: Norton Vs. Kaspersky - Which Is Better Against Virus Protection? by ITbomb(m): 10:50am On Jul 25, 2014
I need something reliable and light weight
I need something that will not compete with my limited bandwidth for useless updates
I need Microsoft Security Essential with my USB Guard

(1) (Reply)

I Buy Dead Laptop Batteries (benin City Only) / The Benefits And Advantages Of Linux Operating System / Usa Used Hp Probook 450 G2 Intel Core-i3 4th Gen + Intel HD Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.