Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,819 members, 7,798,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (43725 Views)

The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by LMAyedun(m): 12:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mr. Patrick Sawyer, a WASH consultant at the Ministry of Finance, who had been quarantined since arriving Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, July 20, 2014 with symptoms of the Ebola virus, has died .

A Liberian government official, speaking on condition of anonymity said the news of Sawyer’s death was relayed to Liberia by the Nigerian embassy, in the early hours of Friday, July 25, 2014.

The Lagos government health authorities announced on Thursday, July 24, 2014 that Sawyer was being tested for the deadly Ebola virus.

Sawyer’s death is the first recorded case of one of the world’s deadliest diseases in Nigeria, Africa’s biggest economy and most populous nation, with 170 million people.

Ebola has killed 632 people across Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone since an outbreak began in February, straining a string of weak health systems despite international help.

http://www.thetrentonline.com/breaking-news-liberian-man-patrick-sawyer-first-ebola-case-lagos-dead-pictured/?

http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201407251025.html/?

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Decibel: 12:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
Finally we have recorded a first hand casualty embarassed embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by LMAyedun(m): 12:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
I don't want to say this is a goodnews...
Its sad.

R I P to him.

8 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by yorke1: 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Na somtin go kill man before. Rest in peace to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by paralysis: 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
oga why you carry this thing enter our land na...*hiss*
rest in pieces

19 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by emiye(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
Anyone coming in to Nigeria from those 3 countries (guinea, sieria leonne and liberia) needs to be given "special" treatment by the quarantine services at the ports.

13 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by yunglykmine(m): 12:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
emiye: Anyone coming in to Nigeria from those 3 countries (guinea, sieria leonne and liberia) needs to be given "special" treatment by the quarantine services at the ports.
Really Special treatment indeed!
R I P to the man.

3 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by swedbase(m): 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
Abeg oo make them carry am remain in lagos oo, make them no carry am come East ooo

30 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by LMAyedun(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
yorke1: Na somtin go kill man before. Rest in peace to the dead.
Truly, something will definitely kill man but Ebola virus? No! No!! Its a terrible way to die.

5 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by donguutti: 12:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
Who is this ebola i keep hearing about , is it another terrorist, Is it on Youtube.
Oga ebola... be careful, our hands are full with shekau and co.

Please tell the President to deploy "white coat troops" in Lagos, but that Might not be possible cos they are on strike(NMA).

Rip to Mr Patrick ,May God grant Your family the fortitude to bear the loss

8 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Liamm(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
should i rejoice now or should i be sad?

RIP mr man

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by uzeba(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.

167 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Koolmexxi(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Jus hope it will remain d ONLY Ebola case in d country. We've got our hands full already.

19 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by atlwireles: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
How did a flight from Liberia enter Nigeria without proper entry point checks. The quarantine people will ask about all kind of things yet a man from Liberia can freely walk into Nigeria and cause a public health emergency? angry angry angry angry This is really serious trouble now.

12 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
I dont know whether to be happy or sad. I just hope d infection has not changed hands.

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
I read it somewhere that an Ebola patient is more infectious and deadly at death. I pray no one gets infected though when getting rid of the corpse.

12 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by UnknownT: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
Did he enter Nigeria via a chartered flight? Hope he didn't infect any of his co-passengers during the flight to Nigeria?

29 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by IdomaLikita: 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
The Land Borders nko?

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Are there no good news in Nigeria anymore? sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by nwaobitex: 1:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
good or bad news?
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by mrking3(m): 2:11pm On Jul 25, 2014
Now only God knows how many people have contacted this deadly disease from him?
Terrible! No shaking hands unnecessarily again.

10 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Momcherry(f): 2:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
Rip Mr Patrick

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by jayseehe(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
good news
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by hazyfm: 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
haaaaaaa!!
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by ednut1(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
how we take sure say na ebola kill am, if it was ebola he shud have spread it already to many pple he came in contact wit
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Abeg dat virus should respect itself oh....
Our problems are already much in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by megabyte2(f): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ehyah may his soul RIP
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Mcweber(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
RIP to the dead
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by lilmax(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
Rip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HELP! Bad Breath Is Ruining My Social Life! / New Names Emerge For HIV/AIDS, Prostitutes / After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.