Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,756 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead (43735 Views)

The First Ebola Patient In US Is Dead / River State Investigating A Possible First Ebola Case in Port Harcourt / FG Confirms 10th Ebola Case In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Chairbabe: 5:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
MadCow1:

You obviously use the internet for very useless and unproductive things..

If the Man suspected of having the Ebola is Dead, then EVERYBODY on that Flight should be tracked down IMMEDIATELY. If they were allowed to go home, EVERYONE THEY CONTACTED should be quarantined. The Plane that Brought the passenger in should be Grounded and Quarantined. Everyone that has been close to, in or around this guy in the last 4 weeks are potential carriers of the Virus.

Do you think because he is dead, the Virus is finished?!

Even the hospital that admitted this guy should be on lock down. The Ambulance that ferried him as well.

Ebola is a faster and deadlier virus than HIV.. Its contracted through bodily fluids and kills in 21 Days. angry

READ NIGGA READ! angry
I'm scared,don't want to meet someone with that deadly thing. embarassed cry
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Fulaman198(m): 5:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
So are people working on a cure for Ebola? Instead of worrying about Qur'an and Bible, shouldn't we have scientists who are working on vaccines for deadly epidemics that are within the continent? Shouldn't our health equipment be in the top 10 in the world. I am very ashamed sometimes of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by LordReed(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
Fulaman198: So are people working on a cure for Ebola? Instead of worrying about Qur'an and Bible, shouldn't we have scientists who are working on vaccines for deadly epidemics that are within the continent? Shouldn't our health equipment be in the top 10 in the world. I am very ashamed sometimes of Nigeria.

I think so but according to what I read the virus switches receptors like old clothes so they can't get anything to start a vaccine with.

Nigeria is truly a sleeping giant.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Fulaman198(m): 6:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
LordReed:

I think so but according to what I read the virus switches receptors like old clothes so they can't get anything to start a vaccine with.

Nigeria is truly a sleeping giant.

I see thank you
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by UrbanMystique: 6:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
LordReed:

Don't mistake contagiousness with deadliness. Ebola is 90% fatal while SARS is 9.6% fatal so don't even compare the two.
you are right.. but bird flu fatality rate is put at 60% and more contagious than ebola which to me is more terrible than ebola.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by barresi(m): 6:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
so dem don delete d man, bifor im go spray am, e beta o, make we know say na only boko virus we dey fight.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by PheezyLee(m): 6:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
emiye: Anyone coming in to Nigeria from those 3 countries (guinea, sieria leonne and liberia) needs to be given "special" treatment by the quarantine services at the ports.
thats if the 'ports' truly exists!

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by TopsyKrete: 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2014
Imagine this...
Mr. Patrick board a plane from Liberia to Nigeria, how many people dey dat plane when he was coming......?
He got down from the plane and entered the arrival terminal of the airport, how many people did he get in contact with.....?
He board a cab or some associates came to pick him up, how many where they.....?
He went to his hotel / house, how many made physical contact with him.....?
Before he was rushed to the hospital, how many where with him....?
At the hospital, how many where there that diagnosed him....?
How many where there at his death....?
How many peeps will package him and send him back.....?
How many will want him to be buried in NIGERIA??

Pls, supply answers to this quantitative reasoning assuming MR. Patrick love runs gurls..
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by uzeba(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
peppyluv02: Funny but hope its just a joke! Abeg o

sure pure joke!!!
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by peleson: 7:12pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzeba: This morning an ebola patient was brought to a private clinic, the sister said to the receptionist my brother has ebola the doctor being a yoruba man shouted from his office EBOKINI? Olorunmaje ki ari oriburuku he ran out of the hospital everybody followed including women in labor and Hiv patients.
Abeg is this true?
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by back2sender: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2014
paralysis: oga why you carry this thing enter our land na...*hiss*
rest in pieces
The man has shared the virus in the plane with the co passengers especially the people that sat close to him, our government as usual is top of the situation,people should take extreme care of their hygiene and be alert now.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by GoldenHrt2k14(f): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
RIP to the dead...... I just pray he was and wil b the only victim recorded in Nigeria.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by damola311: 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
Why u con carry this virus come naija, we dey pray make 'boko virus' stop.... U still bring anoda virus.

Anyway rip
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by mixedgene: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
prettiest1: I believe they have both eyes and ears as such, they have gotten the message.
I pray they do. All these diseases and virus springing up from all quarters, there's no gain saying that the last days are here and the fulfilment of the biblical prophecies are fulfiling
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by prettiest1(f): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
mixedgene:
I pray they do. All these diseases and virus springing up from all quarters, there's no gain saying that the last days are here and the fulfilment of the biblical prophecies are fulfiling
yea. Truth be told, if you know who you are in Christ and that you are His image carrier nothing that harms the world can harm you. The earlier they know the better.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by bong4(m): 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
fellis:

Our govt is too self centered if not they would have put measures in place to stop infected pple entering the country. it's only luck that can save anyone now.

yesterday i heard how the us govt refused entry to 3 liberian ministers and gave one diplomatic reason for that. Within me i know Ebola is the main reason but it was not mention. Nigeria will stupidly be doing big brother until madness comes upon us. By right all countries identified as Ebola infected should be blacklisted even if it is football match. I suspect that man was on a mission. He knew or rather they knew he had this disease yet was allowed to travel. What is the meaning of WASH consultant? Which ministry of finance is he working for? Nigeria or Liberia? May God help us from mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Babylicious: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Rest in Peace!
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by CodedTobx(m): 8:10pm On Jul 25, 2014
what a good news.

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by stechi(m): 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
The first recorded Ebola Virus brought into this country by a 40-yr old Liberian has confirmed its first death.

Now my question is this: How sure are we that the Ebola victim did not intentionally fly into Nigeria to infect Nigerians with this deadly virus (deadlier than AIDS)?
Because I don't know why he would be detected right at the point of arrival which poses another question that, was he not checked at the Monrovia Airport before departure? #EbolaVirus

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by gentlezypher: 8:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
ebola man being carried away

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by stechi(m): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
TopsyKrete:
Imagine this...
Mr. Patrick board a plane from Liberia to Nigeria, how many people dey dat plane when he was coming......?
He got down from the plane and entered the arrival terminal of the airport, how many people did he get in contact with.....?
He board a cab or some associates came to pick him up, how many where they.....?
He went to his hotel / house, how many made physical contact with him.....?
Before he was rushed to the hospital, how many where with him....?
At the hospital, how many where there that diagnosed him....?
How many where there at his death....?
How many peeps will package him and send him back.....?
How many will want him to be buried in NIGERIA??

Pls, supply answers to this quantitative reasoning assuming MR. Patrick love runs gurls..

the news says the victim was not allowed to leave the airport upon arrival. He was immediately admitted into a hospital when they noticed the signs while checking out at the airport.
My concern are his co-passengers in the same airplane he boarded from Monrovia.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by olatinpo(m): 8:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
Who gave this Ebola name to this deadline virus self! That person that brought the name need serious interrogation by me.
Pls help me to contact him.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by emmiewealth(f): 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
I can't believe all I could say was thank u Jesus....when I read this.......
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by uzeba(m): 9:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
peleson:
Abeg is this true?
joke mehn!!
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by petitetonia: 9:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
My sentiment exactly we hv enough problem abeg Ebola shld nt b among dem abeg undecided

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by LordReed(m): 9:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
UrbanMystique: you are right.. but bird flu fatality rate is put at 60% and more contagious than ebola which to me is more terrible than ebola.

Human cases of H5N1 avian influenza occur occasionally, but it is difficult to transmit the infection from person to person. When people do become infected, the mortality rate is about 60%.

I don't think avian flu is as infectious as ebola. Do you know that ebola can be transmitted through sex?

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by petitetonia: 9:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
damola311: Why u con carry this virus come naija, we dey pray make 'boko virus' stop.... U still bring anoda virus.

Anyway rip
. I jux wish dat somehow we r immune....wishful thinking....its allowed wit naija wahala to add dis to it is jux........
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Bigsteveg(m): 9:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
swedbase: Abeg oo make them carry am remain in lagos oo, make them no carry am come East ooo

Ur people in Alaba will soon bring it home for u, dont be in a rush.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by UrbanMystique: 9:45pm On Jul 25, 2014
LordReed:

Human cases of H5N1 avian influenza occur occasionally, but it is difficult to transmit the infection from person to person. When people do become infected, the mortality rate is about 60%.

I don't think avian flu is as infectious as ebola. Do you know that ebola can be transmitted through sex?
ebola can be transmitted mainly thru body fluid... You don't have to be a genius to know that you share fluid (sperm, or vaginal fluid) during sex..

H5N1 can easily be transmitted because it is airborne. Airborne diseases are known to be most contagious. Be it virus or bacteria. That is why most people fear ebola could mutate to be airborne which would make it deadlier than it is currently.
Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
LordReed:

guy if ebola like make e de spread just by sight, as far as my Naija Spirit de concerned...Nothing will happen. It will pass away just like its Predecessors SARs and Flu!!!

My fellow Country people, do not fret! Pls...anxiety kills faster

1 Like

Re: Liberian Man With First Ebola Case In Nigeria Is Dead by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
petitetonia: . I jux wish dat somehow we r immune....wishful thinking....its allowed wit naija wahala to add dis to it is jux........
Nigerians have a special kind of immune system that only God can explain..
Sars and flu were humiliated in naija.
A taiwan man that had SARS (imported) died in Nigeria, yet it never killed any Nigerian.
Flu ran rampage killing thousands, yet it was humiliated in Nigeria.
Ebola will also be humbled. I am just too confident that ebola won't do nothing to omo naija..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

New Names Emerge For HIV/AIDS, Prostitutes / Help! Irregular Period Is Making Me Go Crazy / After Month-Long Coma, Woman Dies From Cheap Nose Job In Mexico (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.