Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,883 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:29 AM

400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God (2160 Views)

Specific Nigerian Marriages Are Blessed By God / Girl He Never Slept With Claims To Be Pregnant For Him / Woman Claims Watching 3d Film Made Her Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Alexsmith20(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
A 400L student at federal university of technology owerri has claimed to be called by God,which caused him to drop out of school.
According to him he said "i could not help myself when the calling came,i battled with it for a while and finally came to the conclusion of going his direction which has made me to miss my simester exam and absent from school responsibilities,am now going to my fathers house to wait for what God wants me to do next".
We are in a world where many claims to be called by God which made them to leave respective positions and follow their supposed calling,which many in the long run discovers that they were only hallucinating which might eventually lead to suicide or mental disorder. In the case of this young man here why not wait until he graduates from the university before he thinks of following his supposed calling.
Just hopes it turns out good
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Decibel: 1:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
That's good smiley
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by fijiano202(m): 1:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alexsmith20: A 400L student at federal university of technology owerri has claimed to be called by God,which caused him to drop out of school.
According to him he said "i could not help myself when the calling came,i battled with it for a while and finally came to the conclusion of going his direction which has made me to miss my simester exam and absent from school responsibilities,am now going to my fathers house to wait for what God wants me to do next".
We are in a world where many claims to be called by God which made them to leave respective positions and follow their supposed calling,which many in the long run discovers that they were only hallucinating which might eventually lead to suicide or mental disorder. In the case of this young man here why not wait until he graduates from the university before he thinks of following his supposed calling.
Thank God for his life

3 Likes

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by freecharles(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
if its sincere and not out of laziness....that's bold and that's faith

1 Like

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by sholay2011(m): 2:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nnkan nbe.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by MARKone(m): 3:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alexsmith20: A 400L student at federal university of technology owerri has claimed to be called by God,which caused him to drop out of school.

Why will he wait, if it is truly a call from God, he should make haste, and answer the divine call.

I wish him all the best.

1 Like

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by opeyemmmy(m): 4:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
sholay2011: Nnkan nbe.

Story that touches the heart. cry

God forgive me, my rational mind won't allow me answer such a call.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
My dear the call of God is not a childs play. I left my schooling abroad and my biz to come back home to answer this call.
if really God called him, he much have to find out about the following.
What did God call you to do ( because everybody is called)
where did he ask you to go ( remember Abraham)
When did he ask you to begin ( Abraham stated at 75 years, Jesus stated at 30. And always know that God lives in enternity and we live in time, when he speaks to you it comes with such urgency. check new believers and their morning cry)
If you have find out the above next things will be to describe your calling with one word so you can have one purpose and vision
When you talk of Bishop Oyedepo , you think of his faith messages
when you talk of Benny hinn , you think of miracles
when you talk of rehad bonky ( sorry i didn't get the right speeling) you think of evangelism

I admire your courage and faith but it can only be rewarded if God asked you to drop out. I have a friend who after his service God ask him to burn his cert but today he is glad he did. I will advice him to comtuine his education and ask God questions , when he has answers he can go and do as instructed by God.

Evan SD Kalu

2 Likes

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by bntY: 4:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hehehe....Psychiatrists where are you? See your patient at large.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Mamaflex(f): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
I kw say when this thread reach frontpage e go turn to anoda thing grin grin .this one na spirishoual matta ooo. Me think e for kuku complete d programme. But if that's what God told him, its okay. Goodluck!
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hehehe
Reminds me of one of my 2nd cousins one time like that, guy graduated and came home to tell his parents that he had 1st class, however, he has been called by God and he ain't using his certificate.

Anyways, we later found out he never went beyond 200L, guy was just decieving us fo 3 years say he dey school. grin We swallowed the 1st class lie sha oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Mintayo(m): 5:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
alutacontinua: Hehehe
Reminds me of one of my 2nd cousins one time like that, guy graduated and came home to tell his parents that he had 1st class, however, he has been called by God and he ain't using his certificate.

Anyways, we later found out he never went beyond 200L, guy was just decieving us fo 3 years say he dey school. grin We swallowed the 1st class lie sha oo cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
lol.
I don't think the person in d Op was called by God,God won't call you to abandon your education,especially when you don't have the details of the calling yet!
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by obyrich(m): 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2014
Na god of boko haram call am.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by jumzzy448: 8:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
Goodluck to him if truly he was called by God.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by remsonik(f): 8:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
God do call intellectuals,people who stand out in their communities. God won't tell you to drop out of school.

1 Like

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 25, 2014
I pity this dude or his eventual followers.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alexsmith20:

BEST part grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by mployer(m): 10:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
MARKone:

Why will he wait, if it is truly a call from God, he should make haste, and answer the divine call.

I wish him all the best.

God is not that disorganized to stop His schooling at 400l.
I went through Futo, its a school full of ignorantly religious folks
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by mployer(m): 10:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
remsonik: God do call intellectuals,people who stand out in their communities. God won't tell you to drop out of school.

Don't mind them. This is a clear case of mental disorder
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by mployer(m): 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
bisdansun: My dear the call of God is not a childs play. I left my schooling abroad and my biz to come back home to answer this call.
if really God called him, he much have to find out about the following.
What did God call you to do ( because everybody is called)
where did he ask you to go ( remember Abraham)
When did he ask you to begin ( Abraham stated at 75 years, Jesus stated at 30. And always know that God lives in enternity and we live in time, when he speaks to you it comes with such urgency. check new believers and their morning cry)
If you have find out the above next things will be to describe your calling with one word so you can have one purpose and vision
When you talk of Bishop Oyedepo , you think of his faith messages
when you talk of Benny hinn , you think of miracles
when you talk of rehad bonky ( sorry i didn't get the right speeling) you think of evangelism

I admire your courage and faith but it can only be rewarded if God asked you to drop out. I have a friend who after his service God ask him to burn his cert but today he is glad he did. I will advice him to comtuine his education and ask God questions , when he has answers he can go and do as instructed by God.

Evan SD Kalu

undecided undecided
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Mamaflex(f): 12:50am On Jul 26, 2014
na so i watch one man for emmanuel tv say God call am to quit e job go serve am, e com turn out say na evil spirit call am. Na God deliver am dat day oo.

1 Like

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Alexsmith20(m): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Mamaflex: na so i watch one man for emmanuel tv say God call am to quit e job go serve am, e com turn out say na evil spirit call am. Na God deliver am dat day oo.
yea.it could be thesame case here...jst hope it dosn't get too late befor it comes to light.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Mamaflex(f): 3:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
Alexsmith20: yea.it could be thesame case here...jst hope it dosn't get too late befor it comes to light.
Jst hope so too. Cos that man went through hell.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Alexsmith20(m): 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
Mamaflex: Jst hope so too. Cos that man went through hell.
i wonder why it did nt mk fp
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
Wetin be him CGPA
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by olempe(m): 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Alexsmith20: why not wait until he graduates from the university before he thinks of following his supposed calling.

You can't understand. Only he does.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by sholay2011(m): 9:02pm On Jul 26, 2014
njokusboy: Wetin be him CGPA

grin grin
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Ezibless: 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
remsonik: God do call intellectuals,people who stand out in their communities. God won't tell you to drop out of school.
God doesn't really call the ''qualified'' rather,He ''qualifies'' THE CALLED. Go check the social status and profiles of Jesus disciples before He called them,not all were qualified but He knew y He chose them. But they became qualified after he was done training dem. To me,i'd rather God trains him himself
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Alexsmith20(m): 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ezibless: God doesn't really call the ''qualified'' rather,He ''qualifies'' THE CALLED. Go check the social status and profiles of Jesus disciples before He called them,not all were qualified but He knew y He chose them. But they became qualified after he was done training dem. To me,i'd rather God trains him himself
we are not talkn abt theological school.we are talkin abt university here it is something that is required in todays world..moreover he has only a year and to graduate.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by Ezibless: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2014
Alexsmith20: we are not talkn abt theological school.we are talkin abt university here it is something that is required in todays world..moreover he has only a year and to graduate.
My comment was debunking this particular statment Remsonik made, ''God do call intellectuals,people who stand out in their communities''. To me, i think the university education is good,but after acquring it what next The certificate would just be another piece of paper. He had just 1 year to go and that's a sacrifice. When Jesus called peter,he left his fishing net AT THE SPOT. Putting God on hold when he says GO can be dangerous @least he can read, write and speak well and that's just what is required to preach the gospel

2 Likes

Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by torchwave: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2014
Who said God does not tell people to quit school? Let that person tell me why God would not do that and if he or she knows God so well enough to know His thoughts towards everyone on earth.
Re: 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God by ihedinobi2: 1:04am On Jul 30, 2014

Can you show the bolded from the Bible?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Does It Cost To Carry Out A Divorce Proceeding? / Bachelors, Please How Do You Cope With The Marriage Talks? / What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.