Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing (24838 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / The Science Of Manuka Honey / A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by bunmioguns(m): 5:20am On Jul 26, 2014
just observing
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Nobody: 5:23am On Jul 26, 2014
OP why do you wonder? Just don't or stop doing it!
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by obeski13(m): 5:58am On Jul 26, 2014
abdulahi001: This is my thought!!!
When soup is heated, there is vibration between molecules of C-H bond in the oil e.g(palm oil) which weakens the cohesive electrostatic forces between the oil and keep it fairly fermented, therefore retain it's warmness very well, but when opened reverse of the aforesaid is the case.
To me those saying bacteria/fungi are wrong because at a very high temp. of 393K or thereabout, no fungi/bacteria can survive living when trapped inside.
.na wa o o too much book
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by AriDsexy(f): 6:16am On Jul 26, 2014
Me thinks your soup will still get spoilt anyways even if u use a spoon to dip inside that is after warming.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by yousee(m): 6:22am On Jul 26, 2014
When soup is heated, there is vibration between molecules of C-H bond in the oil e.g(palm oil) which weakens the cohesive electrostatic forces between the oil and keep it fairly fermented, therefore retain it's warmness very well, but when opened reverse of the aforesaid is the case.
To me those saying bacteria/fungi are wrong because at a very high temp. of 393K or thereabout, no fungi/bacteria can survive living when trapped inside.
I will like to know the soup that is being cooked at 393 Kelvin.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Ezedon(m): 6:34am On Jul 26, 2014
It is a natural phenomena to stop people like u from stealing from the pot
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Lollypee(m): 6:36am On Jul 26, 2014
have u guys noticed that its not only when u dip Ur finger/hand into the soup that u experience the sourness the next day? even wen u stir with spoon it still goes sour. my question now "Does it mean the spoon also has bacteria on it? undecided
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by disloman(m): 6:42am On Jul 26, 2014
lilTunechi: According to jacques hindleberth, When soup is heated to a certain degree the heat rays evaporates and locks the eminent exposure to the fish or meat inside the pot..... Uhghh, I have no idea what I'm saying.! Sorry
grin
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by neuljosh(m): 6:56am On Jul 26, 2014
Lollypee: have u guys noticed that its not only when u dip Ur finger/hand into the soup that u experience the sourness the next day? even wen u stir with spoon it still goes sour. my question now "Does it mean the spoon also has bacteria on it? undecided
The only theory I know about spoons is never to leave it inside the pot. I guess this is to prevent air from going into the pot thereby allowing bacterials to form and eventually spoil the soup.

My 1 Kobo
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by funkystanl(m): 7:09am On Jul 26, 2014
How about some kinda belief that some people (esp boys) hands spoil soup (makes it sour) if they should dish themselves while some don't. This is common among yorubas.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Hero10001: 7:16am On Jul 26, 2014
fr3do: Bacteria!
Yes it is mainly caused by Baccilli, Fungi and Entamoeba species.
By dipping your fingers in the pot, you have successfully inoculated the soup with microbes.
The microbes then use the condiments and nutrient in the soup as energy source for growth, Sour taste, foul smell, color changes etc are confirmations of microbial growth on soup/foods.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by rill: 7:24am On Jul 26, 2014
Shey una wan tell me say the spoons una dey dip inside the pot no fit dey harbour bacteria and fungi too
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by mikaj(m): 7:44am On Jul 26, 2014
Menhhhh! All this thing be like french to me. Could someone speak in English
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by victord1st: 7:58am On Jul 26, 2014

All this chemical analysis on top efo riro.The last time I checked bacteria thrives even in yellow stone.read up bro.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by agrovick(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2014
emeralddayo: Interestd in knowing too
foodie grin
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by IYANGBALI: 8:22am On Jul 26, 2014
yorex2011: Its best to perform an experiment.. Split ur nxt soup into two.. One as a control... Finger one grin and leave both.. See which one spoils faster
#teamMythbusters
so you too dey follow to finger?na wa o
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by nikkyshyne(f): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2014
I have dipped my fingers several times in my pot of soup. Never took notice of the difference. undecided
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by ironben(m): 9:05am On Jul 26, 2014
In English please...
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by canalily(m): 9:19am On Jul 26, 2014
What would be my reward if i gv you the expo? Am a soup scientist
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2014
AdeniyiA:
two things /reasons.
the water at d bottom of the pot gets reduced because it's distributed to all other parts when stirred, so no much water at the base to continue cooking hence the burns.
Secondly, when you created a depression or a well in a cooking food, u'll discover that water usually runs there leaving other surrounding places without water therefore it starts to burn

Science! It explains everything except the supernatural.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by JABB(m): 9:39am On Jul 26, 2014
Guys forget...if you cook a correct stew with vegetable oil and well fried.....I don't think dippin of hands wuld cause it to sour.just saying.... cool
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Gynacologist(m): 9:53am On Jul 26, 2014
nanizle:

warming soup will kill bacteria and fungi in it.

Putting your finger inside the soup after warming it will introduce new bacteria/fungi that will spoil the soup overnight.

Abi na?
are u sayin tat our handz are filled up wif bacteria nd fungi?
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by nnamdizen(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2014
When soup is heated, there is vibration between molecules of C-H bond in the oil e.g(palm oil) which weakens the cohesive electrostatic forces between the oil and keep it fairly fermented, therefore retain it's warmness very well, but when opened reverse of the aforesaid is the case. A very stupid idiology
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by nnamdizen(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2014
nikkyshyne: I have dipped my fingers several times in my pot of soup. Never took notice of the difference. undecided
can i lick your bacteria free finger pls
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by nnamdizen(m): 10:12am On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=nnamdizen][/quote] A very stupid idiology
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Rajosh(m): 10:22am On Jul 26, 2014
Waspy: shocked shocked Stop fing.ering soup......Its better you use ur tongue on it. Its sweeter that way undecided undecided
lol. BAD BOY
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by gebest: 10:36am On Jul 26, 2014
It is the GERMS in the finger that normally caused it.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Tobetoe(m): 10:42am On Jul 26, 2014
The only reason or situation you dip ur fingers into d soup is to fish out d meat or other juicy stuff in it unauthorised xo d soup is sense it and get sour instantly ,else u cool or heat it to aviod such. . .anoda reason, not all soup has properties,eg egusi soup,is too reactive ,it gets sour timely,if nt cool or heated,.... All soups wit such properties ar in random motion wit there molecules contripetallinq and will nt get sour unless fingers(wic contain bacteria) and heat or cold is beinq removed frm it within a constricted time... Success to all uniben aspirants writinq their pume.
Re: What Is The Science Behind Soup Spoilage Due To finger.ing by Tobetoe(m): 10:44am On Jul 26, 2014
The only reason or situation you dip ur fingers into d soup is to fish out d meat or other juicy stuff in it unauthorised xo d soup is sense it and get sour instantly ,else u cool or heat it to aviod such. . .anoda reason, not all soup has properties,eg egusi soup,is too reactive ,it gets sour timely,if nt cool or heated,.... All soups wit such properties ar in random motion wit there molecules contripetallinq and will nt get sour unless fingers(wic contain bacteria) and heat or cold is beinq removed frm it within a constricted time... Success to all uniben aspirants writinq their pume.......... Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mama Gold Rice Shops At Awoyaya/Ajah Sell 45kg Bag As 50kg With Expired Dates / Simple, Quick And Delicious Jollof Rice. Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / If You Could Only Eat One Food For The Rest Of Your Life, What Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.