Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,154 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:55 AM

Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat (39180 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Pictured With His Grand Children / Emir Sanusi, His Wives & Kids Stun In New Photo / Sanusi, His CBN Mistress And Their Escapades - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by meforyou1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 25, 2014
That's Sanusi with his grand dad, the emir mohammadu Sanusi d first.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by skylane: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Akshow: when u go ever get sense
see this guy do you know wwho u are talking to? Ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin! Go and read globalruns ul know the gravity of the offense you just did.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 25, 2014
lwkmdfh ... keke abg stop here......mk ah laff small grin
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by 1Book(m): 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
All Hail His Royal Highness
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi!!!
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 7:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

1.Azikiwe....in his position as Governor General of Nigeria (until 1963, when we became a Republic) was a member of the Privy Council...the highest governing Council of the British Empire...that is why he had the title ''Right Honorable''

2.The Northerners refusal towards self government is true...and was due to tribal considerations.

3.Nigeria is underdeveloped because you Nigerians do not want to build and make things....you want to sit in offices and chop and share money
you forgot to mention that nnamdi azikiwe was also the first president of nigeria in 1963. His position as governor general was purely ceremonial and a ruse used by ahmadu bello and balewa to give the south a sense of inclusion. Yet people like azikiwe still worked assiduously to get the republican constitution which caught nigeria's ties with the british monarchy. Left for the NPC... Elizabeth ii would have remained our head of state.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by wwwkaycom(m): 7:46pm On Jul 25, 2014
Footlocker: What's all these sly comments about GOODLUCK! Your a bunch of clowns! A child who had everything compared to a child who ran around in the creeks bare-footed! Both became successful! But one had to put in more effort #Fact
More effort? No! God used men to raise him up. Alas! He cut off the same hands that raised him up. He offended the same people who helped Him to the top. He abused his benefactors, he reproached his goodluck. He is coming down, take note!
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2014
maxit2:
Bro, like it or not. That dude was right.
9ja would have been better today if the British had stayed longer.
Our independence was damn premature.
more than half a century after almagamation, nigeria was not ready for self governance? so you believe 50 or 100 more years of british rule who has eviscerated nigeria's tribal divisions which is the bain of our problems right now? What do you think the british would have done post 1960 that they could'nt have done since 1914?
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2014
Symphony007: you forgot to mention that nnamdi azikiwe was also the first president of nigeria in 1963. His position as governor general was purely ceremonial and a ruse used by ahmadu bello and balewa to give the south a sense of inclusion. Yet people like azikiwe still worked assiduously to get the republican constitution which caught nigeria's ties with the british monarchy. Left for the NPC... Elizabeth ii would have remained our head of state.

The NPC did not like the British that much too(in fact some founding members of the NPC used to be in the NCNC and the Zikist movement..including one who in 1947 had some uncomplimentary things to say about the British).

The NCNC-NPC alliance was basically as a result of the enmity between NCNC and AG....which goes back to 1951( and don't ask me who was right on that issue).

In fact,your comment about Balewa and Sir Bello shows how little you understand British parliamentary system...the NCNC chose to ally itself with the NPC....when it could have allied itself with AG..and continued its alliance with NEPU(the party of Aminu Kano).And since the NPC was the majority party in the alliance(and the NPC was not necessarily a Hausa party....they had a lot of Northern minorities then...the North of the early 60's is different from the North today)...they got the plum jobs.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Desric(m): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Symphony007: When asked if he thinks nigeria should be independent, this is what Ahmadu bello, the then most powerful man in the north and leader of the NPC had to say.

"Self government for nigeria could only be demanded when it's meaning was fully understood by the masses of the country with things in their present state in nigeria. The northern region does not intent to accept an INVITATION TO SUCIDE"

This is how low he thought of nigeria and our ability to govern ourselves, yet upon independence he and his party dominated a government thy never believed in. He and his party were british stooges. No wonder he and tafawa balewa were british "knights" while azikiwe and awolowo were'nt. I saw this quote recently and it really disturbed me and gave me a glimpse of the genesis of nigeria's problems.
If I say you are a mediocre, Will I be making a mistake? alright, in your own personal view, have we been able to govern ourselves, hasn't it been suicidal ever since? I think you forgot to highlight this statement that "Self government for Nigeria could only be demanded when its meaning was fully understood by the masses of the country".Ponder on this, and if you understand English language very well and conversant with the Nigerian Nation then ask yourself if the gentleman (may his soul rest in peace) has said anything wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by sambisa5: 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
plainmirror:

na wa oo
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by SkinnyDude(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
look at this aboki. mtcheew
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Katakore(m): 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alexsmith20: am i the only one noticing something here:when you take a stern look,the late emir of kano looks a bit like GEJ
. Probably.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Akshow: 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
SkinnyDude:
look at this aboki. mtcheew
Where did this clown fall from? U miss road?
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Wale112(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Desric(m): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
"Self government for nigeria could only be
demanded when it's meaning was fully
understood by the masses of the country with
things in their present state in nigeria. The
northern region does not intent to accept an
INVITATION TO SUCIDE" this fine gentlemen is very correct, in fact he is a very wise man. To prove how wise and correct he is, within 10yrs from 1960 of Nigeria's independence, Nigeria had a very bloody coup that led to a civil war, 54yrs down the line Nigeria is still struggling and battling to stay together as a Nation before talking of development, in my view this is the wisest post or statement I've ever read about Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
Desric: If I say you are a mediocre, Will I be making a mistake? alright, in your own personal view, have we been able to govern ourselves, hasn't it been suicidal ever since? I think you forgot to highlight this statement that "Self government for Nigeria could only be demanded when its meaning was fully understood by the masses of the country".Ponder on this, and if you understand English language very well and conversant with the Nigerian Nation then ask yourself if the gentleman (may his soul rest in peace) has said anything wrong.
you will be because you are the real mediocre. It is perfectly understandable if he believes nigeria cannot govern itself due to the tribal divisions but is the solution to be ruled indefinitely by the british? Then, there were people canvassing for a divided nation...would'nt that have been a better solution to our tribal nation? So because of tribalism the british would have continued ruling us? For how long? When would they have magically made us brotherly nations and left? 1970? 1980? 1990? 2005? 55 years as a nations and we have'nt been able to conquer our tribalism and you believe if the british had stayed with us a little longer everything would have been better. Pathetic!!

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by akiOYIBO: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
b3llo: Greatness right from childhood. SLS, is among one of the highly favoured northern elitist.
indeed! am not bewildered with all these different stories or the north's game against powers outside theirs within the nation. They were stooges for Britain yet the vast knowledge of the then Britain eluded them to the IGBOS. They wish to continually exercise evil and play tricks with the nation...a game the Britain now see as archaic. Now if anyone is referring to SLS as an elite or anything closer to that would remain a fool.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
yuskel:
Just re-read what u just commeted.Go and tell the monach in the UK that should stop spending tax payer money and go get a job.
Bad belle!!

Only if you know whom Zuby is.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
bushdoc9919:

The NPC did not like the British that much too(in fact some founding members of the NPC used to be in the NCNC and the Zikist movement..including one who in 1947 had some uncomplimentary things to say about the British).

The NCNC-NPC alliance was basically as a result of the enmity between NCNC and AG....which goes back to 1951( and don't ask me who was right on that issue).

In fact,your comment about Balewa and Sir Bello shows how little you understand British parliamentary system...the NCNC chose to ally itself with the NPC....when it could have allied itself with AG..and continued its alliance with NEPU(the party of Aminu Kano).And since the NPC was the majority party in the alliance(and the NPC was not necessarily a Hausa party....they had a lot of Northern minorities then...the North of the early 60's is different from the North today)...they got the plum jobs.
I don't need a lecture on the workings of the westminster system of government. I don't understand what you said up there what you were saying up there, apparently, you have deviated but it is FACT that the NPC was a colonial sympatiser and they maintained those sympaties into independence. That is why the british virtually gave them a monopoly of power when they left through the census crisis which said the north had more population combined than the north, this was a reversal from an earlier result which said the south had more. This gave the north more seats in the federal parliament. And the NPC had all northern votes in it's arsenal so they virtually were sure of a govening monopoly after every election. Why do you think they did'nt bother campaigning in the south while obafemi awolowo had to virtually higher helicopter to campaign and drop leflets in northern cities. That is why I say thank God for the january 15, 1966 coup that brought an early end to northern govening monopoly.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by creserve: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote author=Symphony007]When asked if he thinks nigeria should be independent, this is what Ahmadu bello, the then most powerful man in the north and leader of the NPC had to say.

"Self government for nigeria could only be demanded when it's meaning was fully understood by the masses of the country with things in their present state in nigeria. The northern region does not intent to accept an INVITATION TO SUCIDE"

This is how low he thought of nigeria and our ability to govern ourselves, yet upon independence he and his party dominated a government thy never believed in. He and his party were british stooges. No wonder he and tafawa balewa were british "knights" while azikiwe and awolowo were'nt. I saw this quote recently and it really disturbed me and gave me a glimpse of the genesis of nigeria's problems.

Its unfortunate you cant make meaning out of this and you may never!
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
skylane: see this guy do you know wwho u are talking to? Ozoigbondu 1 of Berlin! Go and read globalruns ul know the gravity of the offense you just did.

Yes Bro.

Had it been Boss had not retired he would have traced his IP(he doesn't have to ask Seun, hackers dey everywhere nah) and paid him a divine visitation.

Zuby no fit shout again, he's aged now lol.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Desric(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Symphony007: you will be because you are the real mediocre. It is perfectly understandable if he believes nigeria cannot govern itself due to the tribal divisions but is the solution to be ruled indefinitely by the british? Then, there were people canvassing for a divided nation...would'nt that have been a better solution to our tribal nation? So because of tribalism the british would have continued ruling us? For how long? When would they have magically made us brotherly nations and left? 1970? 1980? 1990? 2005? 55 years as a nations and we have'nt been able to conquer our tribalism and you believe if the british had stayed with us a little longer everything would have been better. Pathetic!!
Everything wouldn't have been better if they've stayed a little longer neither am I saying that they should have stayed forever, rather if we've come together or reasoned what the gentleman said, maybe we'd have come to a compromise on how ready and prepared we are as a people to demand for independence before clamouring for it because it's very obvious that what the average statesman wanted then was just for Nigeria to be pronounced independent, otherwise, the man was damn very right by his statement.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by date1816: 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
...he had shoes.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by prowlG: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
born to rule

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
May Sango and Amadioha punish the British Government and some of our forefathers who put us in this mess.

We were ripe for the Independence. We only needed to go our separate ways like British India which became India and Pakistan. Then later India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.

The Motherfuckars British Government should have created at least 3 countries from the old Nigeria instead of forcefully merging us all together so they could keep getting their raw materials(may Sango and Amadioha punish British once again).

We were ready for self-governance. We all saw as each region did very well during regional government. We would have had successful countries had it been we went our separate ways.

It's never too late shaaaaa. And am beginning to like the clamour for separation from the Northern Youths. They've realized this damn fvcking forced marriage has not worked for 100years and shall never work till Jesus come. The only solution is referenduim and peaceful dissolution of Nigeria into various nations.

God Bless Osun State

God Bless Oodualand

God Bless Nigeria(for now, till the damn forced marriage is dissolved hopefully 2015).

Cheers.

Respect Oga Zuby.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by djfaithy: 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
Footlocker: What's all these sly comments about GOODLUCK! Your a bunch of clowns! A child who had everything compared to a child who ran around in the creeks bare-footed! Both became successful! But one had to put in more effort #Fact
like if sanusi too didn't put in efforts like going to school and working hard, he will be where he is today, make he no get money, or go school make u con dey talk say he be royal from childhood.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by CHAIRMAN1(m): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2014
THE YOUNG LAD IN THE PICTURE ISN'T SANUSI L. SANUSI

In a bid to make Sanusi’s ascension to the throne look immaculate, there’s a mischievous image lauding/laundering campaign going on.  This is evident from the Specimen picture I've attached.

The picture has been in circulation online since yesterday. And People are saying the little kid in the picture is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi being introduced by his Grandpa, the then Emir to the British Governor General. It shows how everything has been politicized. A little background check should have been carried out before this hogwash went viral.

If you look closely, the name of the Prince is Muhammad Sanusi Um**(maybe Umar). 

I think the guy in the pix is the present Emir of dutse. Dutse was formerly a part of the old Kano state, his name approximates to the name in the old paper. Only Um** is missing. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is way off the mark from the name in that paper.

The paper refers to the British man standing as Sir James Robertson. James Robertson was the second Gov. General of Nigeria and he reigned between 1955 and 1960. So it means that picture was taken on or before 1960.

Sanusi's profile tells us he was born in 1961. So he wasn't even born when this shot was taken.

So our friends in the APC need to do some background check before spreading misinformation.

It didn't take me up to three minutes to look up all of this.

This goes to show how gullible Nigerians can be as we tend to swallow everything the media throws at us; hook, line and sinker. In these perilous times, laziness to research shouldn't be an option.

Ok, repeat after me, I will never fall for cheap propaganda (say it again, 101 more times)

6 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Footlocker(m): 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
djfaithy: like if sanusi too didn't put in efforts like going to school and working hard, he will be where he is today, make he no get money, or go school make u con dey talk say he be royal from childhood.
Did you go to school at all!What are you writing! Do u even comprehend my comment! Keyword was MORE! It takes an intellect to become a CBN governor there's no disputing that! Point is! Sanusi = Riches to Riches : GEJ = Rags to Riches! SIMPLE!

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Kanwulia: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
Awwwwwwww.
The cute, little bunny rabbit grows up to a real BUGS BUNNY!!!!
This is real prophesy!!!!! kiss
ROYALTY dey im BLOODSSSS gaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!

Oya! Continue!!!! grin
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by eaglechild: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
How was the poor boy able to breath in that thing? embarassed
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Kossyne(m): 10:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
b3llo: Greatness right from childhood. SLS, is among one of the highly favoured northern elitist.

Don't confuse privilege with greatness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unizik Student, Chioma, Killed By Suspected IPOB Members (Photos, Video) / Declare Abba Yusuf The Winner Of Kano Governorship Election Now... - PDP / NLC Declares Nationwide Strike From Wednesday Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.