Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat (39194 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Pictured With His Grand Children / Emir Sanusi, His Wives & Kids Stun In New Photo / Sanusi, His CBN Mistress And Their Escapades - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by jaybee(f): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2014
Symphony007: When asked if he thinks nigeria should be independent, this is what Ahmadu bello, the then most powerful man in the north and leader of the NPC had to say.

"Self government for nigeria could only be demanded when it's meaning was fully understood by the masses of the country with things in their present state in nigeria. The northern region does not intent to accept an INVITATION TO SUCIDE"

This is how low he thought of nigeria and our ability to govern ourselves, yet upon independence he and his party dominated a government thy never believed in. He and his party were british stooges. No wonder he and tafawa balewa were british "knights" while azikiwe and awolowo were'nt. I saw this quote recently and it really disturbed me and gave me a glimpse of the genesis of nigeria's problems.

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to stand logic on its head simply because it came from from a visionary notherner. the man simply stated the truth; and what we are witnessing today in nigeria vindicates his position on self governance. we have bad, looting and arrogant governments today in nigeria chiefly because the masses have not fully understood the meaning of self governance. can you disprove this?

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by sayusuf(m): 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
I wonder where is Badluck Ebele that time..... undecided undecided
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by tuffgongjo(m): 10:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Op just pulled from d archives.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by LordCenturion(m): 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
Alexsmith20: am i the only one noticing something here:when you take a stern look,the late emir of kano looks a bit like GEJ

nah GEJ, oponu(mumu)

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Kossyne(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2014
Symphony007: more than half a century after almagamation, nigeria was not ready for self governance? so you believe 50 or 100 more years of british rule who has eviscerated nigeria's tribal divisions which is the bain of our problems right now? What do you think the british would have done post 1960 that they could'nt have done since 1914?

Dude you just nailed it. Some folks just have slave mentality.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by LordCenturion(m): 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2014
I love the pix,it's cool

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by 2n2k(m): 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
CHAIRMAN1: THE YOUNG LAD IN THE PICTURE ISN'T SANUSI L. SANUSI

In a bid to make Sanusi’s ascension to the throne look immaculate, there’s a mischievous image lauding/laundering campaign going on.  This is evident from the Specimen picture I've attached.

The picture has been in circulation online since yesterday. And People are saying the little kid in the picture is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi being introduced by his Grandpa, the then Emir to the British Governor General. It shows how everything has been politicized. A little background check should have been carried out before this hogwash went viral.

If you look closely, the name of the Prince is Muhammad Sanusi Um**(maybe Umar). 

I[b] think the guy in the pix is the present Emir of dutse. Dutse was formerly a part of the old Kano state, his name approximates to the name in the old paper. Only Um** is missing. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is way off the mark from the name in that paper.
[/b]
The paper refers to the British man standing as Sir James Robertson. James Robertson was the second Gov. General of Nigeria and he reigned between 1955 and 1960. So it means that picture was taken on or before 1960.

Sanusi's profile tells us he was born in 1961. So he wasn't even born when this shot was taken.

So our friends in the APC need to do some background check before spreading misinformation.

It didn't take me up to three minutes to look up all of this.

This goes to show how gullible Nigerians can be as we tend to swallow everything the media throws at us; hook, line and sinker. In these perilous times, laziness to research shouldn't be an option.

Ok, repeat after me, I will never fall for cheap propaganda (say it again, 101 more times)

Your analysis is logical except the bolded. Dutse was not an emirate until 1990s. A District Head answerable to emir of Kano was in charge of Dutse until then. So Dutse emirateship is a recent creation. The father of the present emir of Dutse - Mohammad Sunusi Dan Bello started as the district head in 1983 before being upgraded midway to emir of Dutse until his death in 1995.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Kossyne(m): 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2014

In a bid to make Sanusi’s ascension to the throne look immaculate, there’s a mischievous image lauding/laundering campaign going on.  This is evident from the Specimen picture I've attached.

The picture has been in circulation online since yesterday. And People are saying the little kid in the picture is Sanusi Lamido Sanusi being introduced by his Grandpa, the then Emir to the British Governor General. It shows how everything has been politicized. A little background check should have been carried out before this hogwash went viral.

If you look closely, the name of the Prince is Muhammad Sanusi Um**(maybe Umar). 

I think the guy in the pix is the present Emir of dutse. Dutse was formerly a part of the old Kano state, his name approximates to the name in the old paper. Only Um** is missing. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is way off the mark from the name in that paper.

The paper refers to the British man standing as Sir James Robertson. James Robertson was the second Gov. General of Nigeria and he reigned between 1955 and 1960. So it means that picture was taken on or before 1960.

Sanusi's profile tells us he was born in 1961. So he wasn't even born when this shot was taken.

So our friends in the APC need to do some background check before spreading misinformation.

This goes to show how gullible Nigerians can be as we tend to swallow everything the media throws at us; hook, line and sinker. In these perilous times, laziness to research shouldn't be an option.

Ok, repeat after me, I will never fall for cheap propaganda (say it again, 101 more times)

Did you find out when the said Emir of Dutse was born?. That would lend credence to your claim.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by apolonius(m): 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2014
Symphony007: When asked if he thinks nigeria should be independent, this is what Ahmadu bello, the then most powerful man in the north and leader of the NPC had to say.

"Self government for nigeria could only be demanded when it's meaning was fully understood by the masses of the country with things in their present state in nigeria. The northern region does not intent to accept an INVITATION TO SUCIDE"

This is how low he thought of nigeria and our ability to govern ourselves, yet upon independence he and his party dominated a government thy never believed in. He and his party were british stooges. No wonder he and tafawa balewa were british "knights" while azikiwe and awolowo were'nt. I saw this quote recently and it really disturbed me and gave me a glimpse of the genesis of nigeria's problems.

Very ignorant post. Was Awo not an archangel of regionalism all his life?

Again,did Awo and Zik not contest the elections?Were they rigged out?

Power is contested for and won,not given on a platter.In those times,elections were credible,and the guys who won led. You want to rewrite history?
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by justplainpaul(m): 11:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Your topic supposed to be 'picture of young thief'
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Alexsmith20(m): 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2014
LordCenturion:

nah GEJ, oponu(mumu)
God bless you.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by nagoma(m): 12:01am On Jul 26, 2014

From what is happening now the southerners would have done far worse. Me and you might not even be existing to discuss this.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by drstone1: 12:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Akshow: Long live the Emir. Rain ka ya dadde Sarki!!!

I PItY the ethnic and oRiGinAL HAusa. This member of the Black Race has Been EnSlaved bY theiR FULani MAsters sINCe 1809. They were Ruthlessly decapitated(their head was removed-they have no leader of their own to lead them ) they have been emmasculated n subjugated (no hausa Man is Relevant today without FuLANi permission). While d Fulani take their children to go n greet Oyibo n send them to kings college; the poor Hausa peasant considers it a benevolence of their god to send his child to become an almajiri in an islamiyya madrassa. They now have abubaki shekau latest musik to which they r forced to Dance,Lwestern education is sin". At the command of their Fulani Masters, the Hausa slaves,void of will n reason MUST obey the Call to Slaughter, Maim, burn others better than themselves whom their Fulani masters point to them is their enemy!! As I write this, a tear falls from my eye n a prayer to He who created d Hausa people that their eyes be opened n their blindness be healed in dis our time.
The hausa man is a true reflection of how the arab world sees black people. To them an ordinary black person is like a cursed race,second class to be captured an enslaved.I witnessed with my eyes what dey do to Blacks in North Africa. I am aware that it is not only d hausa who have been swallowed by this. Evil system. Certain classes of black people in mauritania n parts of morrocco r under this enslave ment up till the present day. Please feel free to Research this topic, click like on this quote, to reproduce it(permission granted) and requote this in any other relevant forum so as to get this message across. God Save n bless the peoples of this land.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by drstone1: 12:43am On Jul 26, 2014
drstone1:

I PItY the ethnic and oRiGinAL HAusa. This member of the Black Race has Been EnSlaved bY theiR FULani MAsters sINCe 1809. They were Ruthlessly decapitated(their head was removed-they have no leader of their own to lead them ) they have been emmasculated n subjugated (no hausa Man is Relevant today without FuLANi permission). While d Fulani take their children to go n greet Oyibo n send them to kings college; the poor Hausa peasant considers it a benevolence of their god to send his child to become an almajiri in an islamiyya madrassa. They now have abubaki shekau latest musik to which they r forced to Dance,Lwestern education is sin". At the command of their Fulani Masters, the Hausa slaves,void of will n reason MUST obey the Call to Slaughter, Maim, burn others better than themselves whom their Fulani masters point to them is their enemy!! As I write this, a tear falls from my eye n a prayer to He who created d Hausa people that their eyes be opened n their blindness be healed in dis our time.
The hausa man is a true reflection of how the arab world sees black people. To them an ordinary black person is like a cursed race,second class to be captured an enslaved.I witnessed with my eyes what dey do to Blacks in North Africa. I am aware that it is not only d hausa who have been swallowed by this. Evil system. Certain classes of black people in mauritania n parts of morrocco r under this enslave ment up till the present day. Please feel free to Research this topic, click like on this quote, to reproduce it(permission granted) and requote this in any other relevant forum so as to get this message across. God Save n bless the peoples of this land.

I have one question to ask,....... when will the hausa people be freed and given self rule by the fulani How many more years.? Even our British Colonial masters who came later have since handed Nigeria to us to determine our affairs, when shall the Hausa ppl be free of Fulani Ruule.and if they are tot to be at an abyssmal low. Level of intelligence to be given responsibility over their affairs. Then please if you are an hausa man, shut up and grow up. For he that does not know, and does not know that he does not. Know-is to be shunned. Spare us your "wisdom"
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 1:18am On Jul 26, 2014
apolonius:

Very ignorant post. Was Awo not an archangel of regionalism all his life?

Again,did Awo and Zik not contest the elections?Were they rigged out?

Power is contested for and won,not given on a platter.In those times,elections were credible,and the guys who won led. You want to rewrite history?
rubbish!! You're the ignorant one. The british before independence conducted a skewed census which gave the north a higher population than the east and west combined thereby giving them more seats in parliament and therefore giving the NPC a permanent monopoly of the nigerian government and you call that "credible" and fair? The british orchestrated a permanent monopoly of government for their northern stooges so thank God for the ironsi coup.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 1:24am On Jul 26, 2014
jaybee:

You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to stand logic on its head simply because it came from from a visionary notherner. the man simply stated the truth; and what we are witnessing today in nigeria vindicates his position on self governance. we have bad, looting and arrogant governments today in nigeria chiefly because the masses have not fully understood the meaning of self governance. can you disprove this?
so because the nation has problems we would have remained indefinite subjects of the british empire? Hear yourself speak! It's ridiculous. If he believed he was not ready to govern himself he would have canvassed for a partitioning of nigeria. The south gets independence while his north remains loyal to the british crown. Rather than trashing the idea yet when it pulled through, the same bello made himself political godfather of the country he never belived in.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 1:34am On Jul 26, 2014
Desric: Everything wouldn't have been better if they've stayed a little longer neither am I saying that they should have stayed forever, rather if we've come together or reasoned what the gentleman said, maybe we'd have come to a compromise on how ready and prepared we are as a people to demand for independence before clamouring for it because it's very obvious that what the average statesman wanted then was just for Nigeria to be pronounced independent, otherwise, the man was damn very right by his statement.
the man was a bloody hypocrite!! He knew that the bain of nigeria's problem is tribalism!!! Who will rule if the nation becomes independent. That is what he meant by part of that quote. If that was his problem could'nt he have come together and forged a fair and balanced governance structure with the other regions? Rather, he made back room deals with the british who gave his region a higher population than others COMBINED. Thereby giving him more seats in the parliament and his party the NPC a permanent governing majority. During that election walter cronkite of CBS news interviewed him in his house in sokoto. He was asked why he is not campaigning around the country like azikiwe and awolowo. He said he does'nt need to. He has all the votes in the north to keep power for as long as he wants. He laughed at awolowo who was using helicopters to drop leaflets in northern cities like kano, he said he was wasting his time, his party, AG won't get a single northern vote. So this hypocrite perpetuated the reason he claims nigeria cannot govern itself. Stunning!!!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by pdf90(m): 1:39am On Jul 26, 2014
prettyboi1989: Started from d bottom, now hez there.

Which bottom . ?
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by mrfrosh: 2:41am On Jul 26, 2014
prettyboi1989: Started from d bottom, now hez there.

From who's bottom??..Ur bottom..i no understand ooo
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by davidif: 3:02am On Jul 26, 2014

Was he wrong for saying that? Hasn't history proven that the man was quite right in his assessments?
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by davidif: 3:10am On Jul 26, 2014
Symphony007: you forgot to mention that nnamdi azikiwe was also the first president of nigeria in @Missmorine. His position as governor general was purely ceremonial and a ruse used by ahmadu bello and balewa to give the south a sense of inclusion. Yet people like azikiwe still worked assiduously to get the republican constitution which caught nigeria's ties with the british monarchy. Left for the NPC... Elizabeth ii would have remained our head of state.

And wouldn't that have been much better than the guys we've had for the past six decades?
I don't know about you, but I will prefer Margaret Thatcher to the likes of Abacha, IBB and co.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by davidif: 3:17am On Jul 26, 2014

I think the guy in the pix is the present Emir of dutse. Dutse was formerly a part of the old Kano state, his name approximates to the name in the old paper. Only Um** is missing. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi is way off the mark from the name in that paper.

Wow! Excellent research!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by usmanktg2(m): 4:47am On Jul 26, 2014
That boy is not Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for:
-Sanusi's father was Aminu not Umar, that boy's name is Muhammad Sanusi Umar

- Sanusi was not entirely born when his grandfather was emir of kano, he was deposed in 1961, while sanusi was born in 1963.

- Sardauna died in 1963, that means he was about 2-3 years ONLY when Sardauna died.

-A serious misunderstanding within the year 1963-1966 exist between Sanusi I and sardauna which makes it difficult for them to be together

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by ogtavia(m): 6:58am On Jul 26, 2014
Alexsmith20: am i the only one noticing something here:when you take a stern look,the late emir of kano looks a bit like GEJ

Huh,y wnt he luk like GEJ,when everytin luks like GEJ to you,I am very sure if u take a sterrn look @ urself,u luk lyk GEJ,leave d president d hell alone.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Desric(m): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2014
Symphony007: the man was a bloody hypocrite!! He knew that the bain of nigeria's problem is tribalism!!! Who will rule if the nation becomes independent. That is what he meant by part of that quote. If that was his problem could'nt he have come together and forged a fair and balanced governance structure with the other regions? Rather, he made back room deals with the british who gave his region a higher population than others COMBINED. Thereby giving him more seats in the parliament and his party the NPC a permanent governing majority. During that election walter cronkite of CBS news interviewed him in his house in sokoto. He was asked why he is not campaigning around the country like azikiwe and awolowo. He said he does'nt need to. He has all the votes in the north to keep power for as long as he wants. He laughed at awolowo who was using helicopters to drop leaflets in northern cities like kano, he said he was wasting his time, his party, AG won't get a single northern vote. So this hypocrite perpetuated the reason he claims nigeria cannot govern itself. Stunning!!!
And was his logic wrong in your view? he's seen the numerical strength of other regions and knows what need to be done to win his election and he was in fact been very honest, frank and real with the situation. Besides, it'd have also been a waste if he had gone to the south to campaign for votes as they wouldn't have listened to him as a result of him being a Northern so the bias was already there even before independence so what was the need for the hurry knowing fully well how we are.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Symphony007: 8:02am On Jul 26, 2014
Desric: And was his logic wrong in your view? he's seen the numerical strength of other regions and knows what need to be done to win his election and he was in fact been very honest, frank and real with the situation. Besides, it'd have also been a waste if he had gone to the south to campaign for votes as they wouldn't have listened to him as a result of him being a Northern so the bias was already there even before independence so what was the need for the hurry knowing fully well how we are.
a man who said with his own mouth that the reason nigeria cannot govern themselves is due to tribalism, the same man went on to institute that tribalism. Using that tribalism to assure his region a permanent governing majority. How do you think that country will survive. He created what he hypocritical preached against. If the independence constitution allocated equal number of seats to all region and all regional and tribal parties, NPC, AG, NCNC had to canvass the country for votes knowing that only their region can't win them elections, they have to create coalitions. Would'nt that have fostered unity in a divided nation. Rather you give the middle finger to the south and say our northern votes will always gives us a majority so we don't even need to campaign.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by Desric(m): 8:19am On Jul 26, 2014
Symphony007: a man who said with his own mouth that the reason nigeria cannot govern themselves is due to tribalism, the same man went on to institute that tribalism. Using that tribalism to assure his region a permanent governing majority. How do you think that country will survive. He created what he hypocritical preached against. If the independence constitution allocated equal number of seats to all region and all regional and tribal parties, NPC, AG, NCNC had to canvass the country for votes knowing that only their region can't win them elections, they have to create coalitions. Would'nt that have fostered unity in a divided nation. Rather you give the middle finger to the south and say our northern votes will always gives us a majority so we don't even need to campaign.
Well, you're right to an extent but it all depends on how you look at it, if the North is more populated than the south which was the criteria for apportioning parliamentary seats, I think it'll be unfair to have created equal seats based on the balancing of regional interest nonetheless, the then constitution was not written singlehandedly by the North alone without regional contributions so either the South was ignorant then or they saw it as the normal thing to do bearing in mind the those guys then weren't as greedy as we are today; again to show that the man was been honest with the situation he knew that his region could have upper hand in government if finally we are granted independence yet he choose to call for a little more patience and education before talking of independence so he wasn't wrong after all as only his input wouldn't amount to majority and in any case wouldn't stand as well, therefore as they say, "if you can't beat them, then you better join them", simple wisdom.
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by mikolo80: 11:38am On Jul 26, 2014

chairman, abeg, do we look like we are governing ourselves properly nearly 6decades later
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by callmenow: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2014
Did any one bother to read the caption on the photograph? The grandson in question is not Sanusi Lamidi, but his cousin, Mahammadu Sanusi (aka Muhammadu Sanusi Umar). Nigerians tend to jump to conclusion without verification. People steeped in 'follow follow'. What a shameful generation! These are people who jump before they are pushed. Nonces
Re: Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat by mahleeq(m): 5:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Don't be shocked if it is later found out the boy in the picture is not Sanusi Lamido Sanusi.

from the tags nothing like SLS is there

These days when you see your picture on the front page of a news paper, you should look properly to be sure it is you and the error in the spelling of your name might just be deliberate to tell you its not you, and you are like mehn this me Mr Editor, how dare you publish my picture as wanted, iam sure this is me. Mr Editor will just say your name is spelt Goodluck, can't you see the man in question is Guudluck grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi's "Parallel Government" Statement Is Treasonable, Says Doyin Okupe / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.