Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... (1246 Views)

My Mom Is Missing / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. / Imagine These Was Your Grandpa's Words Before He Gave Up[lol] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by Lakotai(m): 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
May 2002 or 3, I think. That was the time I saw my mom. But few days before that, when she was still battling it with Typhoid in Peninsula hospital at Ajah Lekki. I remember the best thing I could get her was just 2 oranges. Yes. I was broke like Nigeria Airways.

When I got to the hospital, she saw what I was carrying and forced out a pale smile. I was encouraged. At least that was enough from someone that is going to die few days later.

I held her hand. She held me in return firmly and smile again. That day it never crossed my mind that, that will be the last time my mother will hold me. Of course, people do fall sick and are admitted, so I thought.

I believed that my mother's case was the same and she will soon join us at home after she is fine. I thought that she was strong enough to win this battle with mr Typhoid. So little and foolish me left her in there all alone to fight and fight till she could fight no more.

Popa was a strong and brave man he made it very easy for us. He single-handedly buried his wife! He came back home that night with the worst news of the year (although I can't remember how I got the gist, but I knew that my mom is dead!)

Yes my other 3 elder sisters cried a lot as usual. My younger sister glory was still too small to cry, she was 2 years old.
Me too I was still small and was not yet a niggar by then so I cried (you know, now they say Niggars don't cry).

As I was playing my own part crying, so many tiny imaginations went through my mind.
They were:

i. Was my mother just joking with us?
ii. Was popa joking with us?
iii. Did she and my dad had a beef and she decided to go far?
iv. Did she quickly ran to the village, not letting us know?
v. Was she divorcing my dad? Because he was hopelessly poor?
vi. Was she tired of my dad, us and the whole family?

I kept imagining these things long after she has gone, in short as I am writing this note, I still imagine them. Some times I just feel that one day she will just come back to us from where my father hid her.

However at the same time I now know what it means for someone to be dead! I'm no more a kid. I'm a grown man now. But it still aches me.

If you are out there imagining same thing as me, feeling same pain as me I just want to let you know that you are not alone. I am here to console you and I also need you to console me, because it because of people like you that makes me feel like the world is still a better place to live and pass out my millions of ideas lieing idle in my blackberry memopad.

My suggestion is that we should quickly pour out every ideas in us before death visit!

-------------------
To receive motivational message like this in your inbox next week click [url=lakotaisite./2014/07/30/tester/]here[/url]
Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by Decibel: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2014
cry cry embarassed

1 Like

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by bastien: 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
Pele cry

1 Like

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by Lakotai(m): 1:32am On Jul 26, 2014
Thanks and thanks
Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by aluunoble: 6:08am On Jul 26, 2014
I dnt knw why am not touched by this write up....

So as a grown-up man that u r now, u can't really fathom when ur mum passed on, 2002 or 2003 of late?

Ur dad single-handedly dug the grave and buried ur mum? Huh na muslim kinda grave?

So u wanna use ur mum's demise as a way of luring pple into liking ur page/link?

1 Like

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by jumzzy448: 9:17am On Jul 26, 2014
Op ndo oo. May her soul continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by egopersonified(f): 10:00am On Jul 26, 2014
aluunoble: I dnt knw why am not touched by this write up....

So as a grown-up man that u r now, u can't really fathom when ur mum passed on, 2002 or 2003 of late?

Ur dad single-handedly dug the grave and buried ur mum? Huh na muslim kinda grave?

So u wanna use ur mum's demise as a way of luring pple into liking ur page/link?

pls free the op, he probably just wants some love. Op, pele, dooh.

1 Like

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by 299: 10:09am On Jul 26, 2014

You're from Aluu. No wonder

1 Like

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by Lakotai(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2014

>> Aluu sorry, its 2003.
>>And yes my dad did all the burying things alone! We have no uncle or aunty or any relatives in Lagos. It was after he had buried her that he now went to the village to inform them. (Note that he didn't go to mom's place, they adviced not to go)

When he came back his sister came back with him. And later went back with Glory to the village. Up till now Glory is still in the east.

As for those that understand my pain. Thanks very much it means you have human sympathy.
Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by babyme1(f): 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
I lost my dad 3mnths ago. Though he was 82yrs, the pain is still very strong in my heart. During the funeral i cried so much my siblings and relatives got angry with me. One had the gut to tell me that it was shameful and embarassing to cry that way that Papa was old.

Who wouldnt mouirn a dad you speak to everyday(i even called him few minutes before he passed and he never gave me an inkling he was leaving us). Who wouldnt mourn a man that never fell sick till his last breath? Who wouldnt cry for a man that still practice his yoga a day before his dead? A man whose last word to me was 'take care of your babies for me'? cry. I still morn for him everyday because i was the closest to him out of 15 children. Maybe i will move on like my siblings who tell me im being too emotional. BUT for now the memory is too fresh for me to live as if he never was a part of me. Oh well! cry

2 Likes

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by egopersonified(f): 7:03pm On Jul 26, 2014
babyme1: I lost my dad 3mnths ago. Though he was 82yrs, the pain is still very strong in my heart. During the funeral i cried so much my siblings and relatives got angry with me. One had the gut to tell me that it was shameful and embarassing to cry that way that Papa was old.

Who wouldnt mouirn a dad you speak to everyday(i even called him few minutes before he passed and he never gave me an inkling he was leaving us). Who wouldnt mourn a man that never fell sick till his last breath? Who wouldnt cry for a man that still practice his yoga a day before his dead? A man whose last word to me was 'take care of your babies for me'? cry. I still morn for him everyday because i was the closest to him out of 15 children. Maybe i will move on like my siblings who tell me im being too emotional. BUT for now the memory is too fresh for me to live as if he never was a part of me. Oh well! cry

just always honour his last words, it is well with you.
Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by Lakotai(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2014
babyme1: I lost my dad 3mnths ago. Though he was 82yrs, the pain is still very strong in my heart. During the funeral i cried so much my siblings and relatives got angry with me. One had the gut to tell me that it was shameful and embarassing to cry that way that Papa was old.

>>Baby, don't mind your other familiars. They are claiming to be strong mean while they are just struggling with their innermost self to suppress their Emotions.

Nothing worthwhile could have been achieved in this world without emotion. if you don't feel it you won't care for it.

Baby, I am by your side, we are in this together. But know this one day the Lord shall reunite you and papa again, and your joy will truly overflow like the streams of the valley.
Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
i lost my mom 2009. was a terrible experience then as i was just in year 2. i used to think it was all a drram then and i would wake up and everything wouls be alright but now guess i have come to terms with it. i miss her a lot though and i used to dream about her telling me she is happy where she is now and she was actually looking good in the dream.

1 Like

Re: When I Lost My Mom I Start To Imagine These Things... by Lakotai(m): 10:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
sexybaby22: i lost my mom 2009. was a terrible experience then as i was just in year 2. i used to think it was all a drram then and i would wake up and everything wouls be alright but now guess i have come to terms with it. i miss her a lot though and i used to dream about her telling me she is happy where she is now and she was actually looking good in the dream.

>>Sexy, I use to feel the same way too (i used to think it was all a dream then and i would wake up and everything would be alright but now guess i have come to terms with it. ) The lord is your strenght, stay strong for mama. Yes she is fine where she is.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why I Beat The 18-month-old Baby To Neardeath- Ugandan Nanny Finallyopen Up! / Shocking:hospital Test Sa¥s She Is Pregnant / Pic: Who Among These Should Come First In A Man’s Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.