Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,159 members, 7,780,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:00 AM

Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice (1411 Views)

I Have A Problem Pls Advice / Nairalanders Pls Help / Help Nairalanders Am Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
Help nairalanders, am down casted tired nd fraustrated I need Advice, am victoria by name, a young lady, still. Aspirant of an higher institution, have been processing admission in nigeria institution for 4yrs naw, but not given admission, am kind of fraustrated, I want to travel out the country to a developed country where I can start life afresh, pls I need help, do u advice I work wit my ssce result, save up nd travel out to any develop country like australia, canada, california etc...for greener pasture..am. Confused wat do u advice, hw much do I need to. Live dis country, mature advice is helpful tnx
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Decibel: 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2014
cool
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by thorpido(m): 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2014
You need to look at the area where you are seeking admission and in what school?I usually advice people to go into areas of their strength.
You can't be applying for medicine for instance if you are weak in chemistry,physics and biology.Some institutions are highly competitive too so you may have to check others.
Also have you been preparing well for your exams?
Travelling out of the country is not the solution.You still have to study abroad if you do travel.

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by spyg1(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
We heard you, safe trip

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hello Victoria,

formal education does not determine a happy successful life, neither do foreign countries. frustration is a state of mind. only you have the WILL power to control how you feel about any situation in life. sometimes, how we react to situations does more harm to us than the situation itself.
be happy and contented with what you are/have. every journey to happiness starts with a smile. ...begin now!!! wink

Sincerely,

Scylla.

2 Likes

Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by 1miccza: 9:33pm On Jul 25, 2014
zaragal: Help nairalanders, am down casted tired nd fraustrated I need Advice, am victoria by name, a young lady, still. Aspirant of an higher institution, have been processing admission in nigeria institution for 4yrs naw, but not given admission, am kind of fraustrated, I want to travel out the country to a developed country where I can start life afresh, pls I need help, do u advice I work wit my ssce result, save up nd travel out to any develop country like australia, canada, california etc...for greener pasture..am. Confused wat do u advice, hw much do I need to. Live dis country, mature advice is helpful tnx

Are u kidding me??Just answer this questions and you'll get your admission..
(1) How's your O'level result??
(2)What course do you intend to study
I'll be waiting for your response..
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 25, 2014
1miccza:

Are u kidding me??Just answer this questions and you'll get your admission..
(1) How's your O'level result??
(2)What course do you intend to study
I'll be waiting for your response..

Dis re my o'level results Maths b3, eng ba3, econs b3, comm c6, acct e8, crk b3, govt c6, bio d7 ndy respectively...I aspire to study economics..
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
Scyllapatron: Hello Victoria,

formal education does not determine a happy successful life, neither do foreign countries. frustration is a state of mind. only you have the WILL power to control how you feel about any situation in life. sometimes, how we react to situations does more harm to us than the situation itself.
be happy and contented with what you are/have. every journey to happiness starts with a smile. ...begin now!!! wink

Sincerely,

Scylla.

Tnx scylla

1 Like

Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hhhmmmm...hav tried OAU, unical, unilag (2wice)
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
Hhhmmmm...hav tried OAU, unical, unilag (2wice), yet nothing, either jamb! Post jamb or sth else...honestly am fade up of the country
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by 1miccza: 10:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
zaragal:

Dis re my o'level results Maths b3, eng ba3, econs b3, comm c6, acct e8, crk b3, govt c6, bio d7 ndy respectively...I aspire to study economics..

Ok what we would do is this you would get an IJMB form and start the program when u succed,u'll step right into 200l in what part of the country do u reside in??
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
1miccza:

Ok what we would do is this you would get an IJMB form and start the program when u succed,u'll step right into 200l in what part of the country do u reside in??

Hav been frauded with dat IJMB stuff its out of the way...tnx for ur contributions
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
1miccza:

Hav been frauded with dat IJMB stuff its out of the way...tnx for ur contribution
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by 1miccza: 10:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
zaragal:

Hav been frauded with dat IJMB stuff its out of the way...tnx for ur contribution

For your info I just helped someone like you with that and he is in Unillorin and they've resumed for lectures,you can also try pre degree programs. I am not asking you to buy from me.. I'll direct you to where you can get your forms and you'll head to the school on your own... And if you think it's wrong,Good luck to you.
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2014
Tnx am grateful
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 26, 2014
zaragal: Tnx am grateful

Vicky, you just hit the point in your final post, GRATEFULNESS. that is the remedy for life-misfortunes. instead of being frustrated because of the things you did not achieve, be Grateful for the ones you achieved, no matter how little.

“Unhappiness lies in that gap between our talents and our expectations.” ― Sebastian Horsley

my sister, fill the gap with gratefulness.

"....I am preparing to attend a wedding today, a relative (diaspora returnee) is doing his wedding today. something about this thread reminds me of his wife. his wife has a similar story to yours, she later ended up in a catering-school, after which she got employed in a hotel, guess what!! she was working in that hotel when her now husband returned from Europe and lodged in the hotel,...long story sha, but today is her wedding and they are planning to travel outside shortly after the wedding. ...."

when you smile about the life you live, you end up living a life worth smiling about.... always be grateful,

have a nice weekend my dear,

wink
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 8:12am On Jul 26, 2014
Scyllapatron:

Vicky, you just hit the point in your final post, GRATEFULNESS. that is the remedy for life-misfortunes. instead of being frustrated because of the things you did not achieve, be Grateful for the ones you achieved, no matter how little.

“Unhappiness lies in that gap between our talents and our expectations.” ― Sebastian Horsley

my sister, fill the gap with gratefulness.

"....I am preparing to attend a wedding today, a relative (diaspora returnee) is doing his wedding today. something about this thread reminds me of his wife. his wife has a similar story to yours, she later ended up in a catering-school, after which she got employed in a hotel, guess what!! she was working in that hotel when her now husband returned from Europe and lodged in the hotel,...long story sha, but today is her wedding and they are planning to travel outside shortly after the wedding. ...."

when you smile about the life you live, you end up living a life worth smiling about.... always be grateful,

have a nice weekend my dear,

wink

Super!!
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Elevation(m): 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2014
Start something.....either go for diploma in any great course after u'll apply for direct entry or work on ur weaknesses,how much do u wanna save with ssce results before travelling abroad? before u travel u need a surety with a huge cash in a current account....see relax dont give up enter the system apply for diploma when u doing it buy a jamb form at the same time and pls are u sure ur 0'level result is okay? Just ask for the complete requirements mind u eco is very competitive.....i would have recommended remedials aka pre-degree if u were science inclined...if dia's pre-degree for social sciences pls start somewhere,forms are on sale usually towards the end of the year some schools have commenced selling theirs.ALL THE BEST.
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by bennyrazz: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Okada, Drop me here>> wey my change?
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 29, 2014
Hhmmmmm.
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by onegig(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2014
Zaragal..

I understand your plight but truth is look deeper into your self and You would see that 80% per cent of your failures stem from you doing something wrong. How many months of work do you want to do that would save you money for training overseas with your ssce?

People who succeed in life are not necessarily people with lots of luck but people who made the right decision through share hard work(thinking is hard work) and used the opportunity when it presents itself and they just aced and ran away with it.

To gain admission into a public Nigerian higher institution now needs you to sit down and think smartly. Success is about throwing a good aim at what you want and not just blindly throwing things around and expecting to hit your mark.

Let me analyse things for you; you have chosen OAU twice, both unical and unilag once. Ask yourself, what competitive advantage do you have in these institutions over other applicants apart from just the fact that you applied? If i should guess correctly, None. You may not be from one of their catchement areas, you got no one with appreciable influence in any of those schools,or you even choose highly competitive courses and above all you didn't score extra ordinary marks to tilt things in your favor.

So who should take the blame for you not making the smart choices ?

Life is like a game of chess. You study the system, then you play your games based on informed decision and rest on your oars and hope for luck that you win and carry the day.

I hope you would make the necessary deductions from this post and apply it. If you still need more clarification. Just post it here. Good luck.
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2014
onegig: Zaragal..

I understand your plight but truth is look deeper into your self and You would see that 80% per cent of your failures stem from you doing something wrong. How many months of work do you want to do that would save you money for training overseas with your ssce?

People who succeed in life are not necessarily people with lots of luck but people who made the right decision through share hard work(thinking is hard work) and used the opportunity when it presents itself and they just aced and ran away with it.

To gain admission into a public Nigerian higher institution now needs you to sit down and think smartly. Success is about throwing a good aim at what you want and not just blindly throwing things around and expecting to hit your mark.

Let me analyse things for you; you have chosen OAU twice, both unical and unilag once. Ask yourself, what competitive advantage do you have in these institutions over other applicants apart from just the fact that you applied? If i should guess correctly, None. You may not be from one of their catchement areas, you got no one with appreciable influence in any of those schools,or you even choose highly competitive courses and above all you didn't score extra ordinary marks to tilt things in your favor.

So who should take the blame for you not making the smart choices ?

Life is like a game of chess. You study the system, then you play your games based on informed decision and rest on your oars and hope for luck that you win and carry the day.

I hope you would make the necessary deductions from this post and apply it. If you still need more clarification. Just post it here. Good luck.

Hhhmmmmmmm......wat if I run an ICAN programme while I work?, is dat a good thought too?..cos right now am confused, bsyd..all u posted re very correct!...I choose very competitive. Courses, in competitive university not being in there catchment. Nd nt scoring extra ordinary scores, so true! Tnx for dis post!
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by onegig(m): 6:40pm On Jul 29, 2014
zaragal:

Hhhmmmmmmm......wat if I run an ICAN programme while I work?, is dat a good thought too?..cos right now am confused, bsyd..all u posted re very correct!...I choose very competitive. Courses, in competitive university not being in there catchment. Nd nt scoring extra ordinary scores, so true! Tnx for dis post!
Welcome. But did you read the post?

Yes you are confused but do you just keep throwing your weight at just anything? Ok. You do ICAN now and what happens next?

Sometimes you need to just sit and plan your life. Have a plan A and along with that a plan B. Questions you should be asking yourself is what exactly do you want to do realistically? do you just want to go to school just because people are going or you got some plans about it.

From your response, you seem like you are in competition with someone or a group of people and you don't want to be left out or someone is putting undue pressure on you just get something doing. Hence the wild goose chase around.

Let me ask. What happened to this year's jamb by the way?

You keep mentioning a job. What job is that? Also how old are you now. That would put things in better perspective and make helping you choose what next to do easier.
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 01, 2014
onegig: Welcome. But did you read the post?

Yes you are confused but do you just keep throwing your weight at just anything? Ok. You do ICAN now and what happens next?

Sometimes you need to just sit and plan your life. Have a plan A and along with that a plan B. Questions you should be asking yourself is what exactly do you want to do realistically? do you just want to go to school just because people are going or you got some plans about it.

From your response, you seem like you are in competition with someone or a group of people and you don't want to be left out or someone is putting undue pressure on you just get something doing. Hence the wild goose chase around.

Let me ask. What happened to this year's jamb by the way?

You keep mentioning a job. What job is that? Also how old are you now. That would put things in better perspective and make helping you choose what next to do easier.

No am nt in any cometitive, I need a job, any job I cn save nd plan, I cnt plan without finance nah, for naw am a broker..buh I need a reliable job, as per my age it confidential, I cnt paste it on a public social network, thanks a lot for ur tym
Re: Help Nairalanders, Pls Advice by onegig(m): 6:26am On Aug 03, 2014
zaragal:

No am nt in any cometitive, I need a job, any job I cn save nd plan, I cnt plan without finance nah, for naw am a broker..buh I need a reliable job, as per my age it confidential, I cnt paste it on a public social network, thanks a lot for ur tym
Welcome. I understand your privacy concerns. I just wanted a range.

Good luck with your job search. I hope you did one that fulfil your needs.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Matter Please / Domestic Violence Against Men / Will You Go Ahead With The Marriage If Your Fiance Test Hiv Positive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.