Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (344520 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 6:10am On Aug 18, 2014
Bororojo:

Kikikiki....lol @Hitler analogy..... if you ask most Fulanis thugh, they will tell you "Pure" > "Mixed" worse still if the mixed cant even speak Fulfulde. (at least where i come from)
since you are from sneegal I also have another question....... I said it before on this same page that a Mauritanian told me the Tukulor are the greatest enemies of the Fulani..... do you know what he might have meant by that? I understand it might be his personal opinion.... but could you manage to sympathize with the point of view he might have been coming from?

The Tukulor are special people, I mean by that that they don't really like any ethnic group except themselves. Some of the Tukulor I talked to despised the Fulani (but they basically despise everyone). Even between themselves the higher castes despise the lower castes who also despise the lowest castes. There are still people considered as slaves and despised as such among them, I personally witnessed it.
This is not the case for every Tukulor, the new generation is more open minded, but still...
One Tukulor proverb used to say: "If you see a dog passing, throw your shoe at it, but in case you miss it and it touch a Wolof instead, no problem, you still threw your shoe to a dog..."
I hope you understand their mentality cheesy. But I am part Tukulor so I have the right to bash them.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:15am On Aug 18, 2014
Takamba:

The Tukulor are special people, I mean by that that they don't really like any ethnic group except themselves. Some of the Tukulor I talked to despised the Fulani (but they basically despise everyone). Even between themselves the higher castes despise the lower castes who also despise the lowest castes. There are still people considered as slaves and despised as such among them, I personally witnessed it.
This is not the case for every Tukulor, the new generation is more open minded, but still...
One Tukulor proverb used to say: "If you see a dog passing, throw your shoe at it, but in case you miss it and it touch a Wolof instead, no problem, you still threw your shoe to a dog..."
I hope you understand their mentality cheesy. But I am part Tukulor so I have the right to bash them.

Wow, that makes me a bit angry. Why do they dislike us so much? We speak the same language don't we? I mean what's going on there? When it suits them, they call themselves Fulani, but I guess when they are back in Senegal or Mauritania, they act anyhow towards their brothers. It's ridiculous. What is the basis of their hate?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:17am On Aug 18, 2014
Takamba:

Yes I am.
From the part of the world I come from too, there are pure Fulani and most of them are still nomads. I did say that sedentarity in multicultural places makes intertribal marriages more prevalent, more diversity= more mixing.
I personally don't believe that being more or less "pure" defines the worth of the person . (Otherwise Hitler would still be winning smiley )
What really carry Fulani culture is the Pulaku.
My two cents...

Yes that is what I was saying before, maybe I didn't explain it correctly. The nomads, aka the ones most secluded are the purest of Fulani. That is what I was saying.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 6:29am On Aug 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

Wow, that makes me a bit angry. Why do they dislike us so much? We speak the same language don't we? I mean what's going on there? When it suits them, they call themselves Fulani, but I guess when they are back in Senegal or Mauritania, they act anyhow towards their brothers. It's ridiculous. What is the basis of their hate?

Once again I'm not talking for every Tukulor. I don't think that they dislike Fulani, it's just the way they are.
Do you know that El Hadj Omar Tall fought against the Fulani of Hamdallaye in Mali, and the latter had to ally themselves with the Bambara to fight the Tukulor.
To Tukulor people, nedo ko bandoum is more important than everything. They like very much their culture and their customs which is a good thing. I don't know how they act when they are with foreign Fulani, but they don't act anyhow toward fulani, they can despise people but they are very correct and respectful people too. And I don't know somewhere else but in Senegal Tukulor call themselves haal pulaar, not pullo. Some of them would even correct you if you call them pullo.
I think that one of the reason of that feeling of superiority is because they and the Soninke were the first islamized people in Senegal. They also, at the difference of the Fulani (at least in Senegal) established powerful and well organized kingdoms. Futa Tooro kingdoms and dynasties were mostly Tukulor. When at that time the majority of Senegal Fulas were nomad and did not have organized kingdoms.
They prefer to stick to themselves. They are just not pro melting pot, but paradoxically they are somehow the product of a melting pot.
They contributed hugely to Senegal culture and history, almost all Wolof marabouts and religious figures are Tukulor by origin.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 18, 2014
Takamba:

Once again I'm not talking for every Tukulor. I don't think that they dislike Fulani, it's just the way they are.
Do you know that El Hadj Omar Tall fought against the Fulani of Hamdallaye in Mali, and the latter had to ally themselves with the Bambara to fight the Tukulor.

Thisss.......
And destroyed the empiire of Massina....

Takamba:

they can despise people but they are very correct and respectful people too. And I don't know somewhere else but in Senegal Tukulor call themselves haal pulaar, not pullo. Some of them would even correct you if you call them pullo.

This again..... I have witnessed it too....
but then, aren't they right in a way? Pullo is singular for someone who is Fuani, "in and out" ....

Oh my... takamba knows his history too well... cheesy cheesy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:21am On Aug 18, 2014
Bororojo:

Thisss.......
And destroyed the empiire of Massina....

This again..... I have witnessed it too....
but then, aren't they right in a way? Pullo is singular for someone who is Fuani, "in and out" ....

Oh my... takamba knows his history too well... cheesy cheesy

Takamba is female bro lolll
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

Takamba is female bro lolll
ha! looolll she didnt indicate her sex....... and I automatically assumed, especially since she is so versed in history........ innate sexist sentiments most people have ...... forgive me sister takamba cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:45am On Aug 18, 2014
Bororojo:
ha! looolll she didnt indicate her sex....... and I automatically assumed, especially since she is so versed in history........ innate sexist sentiments most people have ...... forgive me sister takamba cheesy cheesy

lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Takamba: 8:12am On Aug 18, 2014
Bororojo:

Ahahaha, no problem my brother cheesy
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2014
Fulaman198:

lol

Lol

Btw Fulaman, do you know the Nigerian Yoruba artist called Terry G?, I saw his Cameroonian version some days ago....... singing in exactly the same way, but in Fulfulde...
It was funny.

And another Fulfulde song by Hauwa Gombe. titled 'Babba Sadou"..... lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Bororojo:

Lol

Btw Fulaman, do you know the Nigerian Yoruba artist called Terry G?, I saw his Cameroonian version some days ago....... singing in exactly the same way, but in Fulfulde...
It was funny.

And another Fulfulde song by Hauwa Gombe. titled 'Babba Sadou"..... lol

I'm more into traditional music, so you would have to forgive me for not knowing Terry G. I do listen to some hip hop, but not much.

90% of the music I listen to is in Fulfulde. The rest either in Hausa, Zarma, and some Tamashaq. I will listen to the song by Hauwa Gombe though.

SAOUDA ET AMINOU -YIDE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w2n2oVPI7s

LAMIDO HAYATOU GALIM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4McbnWb-Zo
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 11:54pm On Aug 18, 2014
Fulaman post some beautiful Fulani women so I may decide if your women are on the same level as Cushitic women
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by adamskutty(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2014
axum: Fulaman post some beautiful Fulani women so I may decide if your women are on the same level as Cushitic women
axum my boy ,its has been quite a while grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by rabzy: 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
axum: Fulaman post some beautiful Fulani women so I may decide if your women are on the same level as Cushitic women

Plaintiff, Judge and Jury at the same time....Oga your own too much.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2014

Ridiculous, Fulani women have class they don't like to display themselves much in public.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by SugaryBelle(f): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Ridiculous, Fulani women have class they don't like to display themselves much in public.

Please why does the Fulani people have a different type of hair?
It looks ''unNigerian'' to me.Infact they don't have much similarities with other Nigerian tribes (physicaly). For instance in a crowd of different Nigerians,detecting a Fulani person is quite easy. Why is that?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
SugaryBelle: Please why does the Fulani people have a different type of hair?
It looks ''unNigerian'' to me.Infact they don't have much similarities with other Nigerian tribes (physicaly). For instance in a crowd of different Nigerians,detecting a Fulani person is quite easy. Why is that?

Fulani women have different kinds of hairstyles so I don't know what you mean by that.

Examples:

This is a popular hairstyle in Fouta Djallon:

Popular hairstyle on a Bodaddo Fulani woman in Niger, Chad and parts of Nigeria.

Popular hairstyle on Burkina/Malian Fulbe women.

I don't know what is so 'Un-Nigerian' about the hair.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by SugaryBelle(f): 6:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=Fulaman198][/quote]
I don't mean hairstyle,i mean the texture of their hair,its long,stretchy,curly,soft and more beautiful than that of other Nigerians(my opinion).
I've also never seen a short Fulani person(?)
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 6:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
SugaryBelle:
I don't mean hairstyle,i mean the texture of their hair,its long,stretchy,curly,soft and more beautiful than that of other Nigerians(my opinion).

That might be true, I don't know I don't really pay attention to hair. Beauty is also in the eyes of the beholder. Please do not have an inferiority complex cheesy. There are short Fulani people out there, but it's rare. When you say short what do you mean? I am personally 190 cm.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by itstpia1: 6:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
SugaryBelle: Please why does the Fulani people have a different type of hair?

Because they have a fulani appearance?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by itstpia1: 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
SugaryBelle:

That's because they pay attention to natural hair care, as you can see from the pictures above.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by SugaryBelle(f): 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

That might be true, I don't know I don't really pay attention to hair. Beauty is also in the eyes of the beholder. Please do not have an inferiority complex cheesy. There are short Fulani people out there, but it's rare. When you say short what do you mean? I am personally 190 cm.
haha,its not inferiority complex,I'm just saying what i've noticed.Well, a friend here says its probably because they have abundant natural hair products that others have not discoverd.
190 cm is tall.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by SugaryBelle(f): 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by SugaryBelle(f): 6:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
itstpia1:

That's because they pay attention to natural hair care, as you can see from the pictures above.

Ok,I think this is why.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
SugaryBelle: haha,its not inferiority complex,I'm just saying what i've noticed.Well, a friend here says its probably because they have abundant natural hair products that others have not discoverd.
190 cm is tall.

Nah we are just naturally hairy for most Nigerian blacks. We don't have natural hair products ROFL. I have hairy arms, and sort of hairy face and legs for a black person. I've noticed that people who speak Senegambian languages are all tall (The Fulani, Wolof and Serer). I think region and diet has to do with it.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by SugaryBelle(f): 8:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Fulaman198:

Nah we are just naturally hairy for most Nigerian blacks. We don't have natural hair products ROFL. I have hairy arms, and sort of hairy face and legs for a black person. I've noticed that people who speak Senegambian languages are all tall (The Fulani, Wolof and Serer). I think region and diet has to do with it.
ok,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
Fulaman honest question my nomadic brother.

I heard Fulanis started originally wearing the face paint so they could scare the Bantus, so the Bantus would leave their Fulani women alone.

Is this true?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
axum: Fulaman honest question my nomadic brother.

I heard Fulanis started originally wearing the face paint so they could scare the Bantus, so the Bantus would leave their Fulani women alone.

Is this true?

LOL more ridiculous stuff coming from our local Somali comedian. Ajuran/Axum man, we love you. You bring us great joy with your comedian approach that you propagate on this forum.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by axum: 12:06am On Aug 24, 2014
Fulaman198:

LOL more ridiculous stuff coming from our local Somali comedian. Ajuran/Axum man, we love you. You bring us great joy with your comedian approach that you propagate on this forum.

I am gonna say I hit the nail on the head, and you are trying to change the Subject. grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:24am On Aug 24, 2014
Fulani women you need to watch this please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IW2cQaGk0U

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 3:27am On Aug 24, 2014
Bororojo, surbajo am, a yi'a ta gimol ngol?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKE3jrjXD94

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.