Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis - Culture (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis (344559 Views)

Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 10:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah:
Let say you are on the phone with someone who is giving you directions to her house. Once you get there you say :
Men hewti or Men ari

Now when you want to leave and you ask your friends if they would like to leave you say :
En yahay ?

I think you mean a different form of 'min' and not 'men' right?

Do you guys also have pronouns not used with verbs for example

"min" - me
"an" - you
"kanko" - he/she
enen, minin - we
onon - you
kambe - they

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2014
Of all the pronons, "We" has many equivalents in Fulfulde and each use depends on the situation and who you are talking to.
For example:
We are behind you , in Fulfude meɗen ɓaawo mon
We are behind them --------- hiɗen ɓaawo maɓe or
enen hiɗen ɓaawo maɓe

Now that I think of it, Fulfulde is really complicated. It's like the French version of West African languages. grin
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 10:57pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fulaman198:

I think you mean a different form of 'min' and not 'men' right?

Do you guys also have pronouns not used with verbs for example

"min" - me
"an" - you
"kanko" - he/she
enen, minin - we
onon - you
kambe - they

yep it's in one of the comments. I think we posted them at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Fulaman198(m): 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Omarbah:
yep it's in one of the comments. I think we posted them at the same time.

Sorry lol

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fulbe in town

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Whoever sees this sister in Adamawa , let me know, I need to Holla, that is if she ain't married.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
Sellu in his village

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
this looks very painful. My mom went to Mali on a business trip and the Fulbe she met there told here that to be a Real Pullo, a woman from Mali needs to do this.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
Fulbe from Mauritania

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Guinea,

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah: Pronouns Objects
Min
an
Kanko(Him)
kañun ( him and her with something else)
en (us)
Kam6e (them)

Him / her - o, mo
He / She - Kanko
They/Themselves - ɓe, eɓe, Kamɓe, Kamɓen, Kam'en
Ourselves- anen
Our- amin, men, meeɗen
Their - maɓɓe , muɓɓen, muuɗum'en.
Us - en, men, ɗen
You- a, an, on, onon, ma
Hers / his - makko, muuɗum
Your - mon, maaɗa, mooɗon
I/myself/us/we - min
herself/himself - Kam
We - minen, anen, enen, miɗen, min, men
Them - ɓe

I Havent even gone into details about which conditions warrant each use

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Pullo Futa

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:23am On Sep 16, 2014
Guinean Fulbe living in "Amurica"

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:37am On Sep 16, 2014
Bororojo:

Him / her - o, mo
He / She - Kanko
They/Themselves - ɓe, eɓe, Kamɓe, Kamɓen, Kam'en
Ourselves- anen
Our- amin, men, meeɗen
Their - maɓɓe , muɓɓen, muuɗum'en.
Us - en, men, ɗen
You- a, an, on, onon, ma
Hers / his - makko, muuɗum
Your - mon, maaɗa, mooɗon
I/myself/us/we - min
herself/himself - Kam
We - minen, anen, enen, miɗen, min, men
Them - ɓe

I Havent even gone into details about which conditions warrant each use
I mentioned some of them, have you seen it in my previous comments?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 12:42am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah:
I mentioned some of them, have you seen it in my previous comments?

yeah, I did......
lol at the reference to French... it is true though.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 12:47am On Sep 16, 2014
Bororojo:

yeah, I did......
lol at the reference to French... it is true though.
Once you start thinking of it, you realize how sophisticated Pulaar/Fulfulde is. I have trouble understanding my parents'
conversations at times when they use certain expressions and proverbs.
In Futa, I remember , my friends would talk is Junniti (reversing the words), they would loose me every single time. Do you guys have that?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 1:03am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah:
Once you start thinking of it, you realize how sophisticated Pulaar/Fulfulde is. I have trouble understanding my parents'
conversations at times when they use certain expressions and proverbs.
In Futa, I remember , my friends would talk is Junniti (reversing the words), they would loose me every single time. Do you guys have that?

like tongue twisters, and reverse order? we've got many...
How about consonant mutation in Fulfulde (Like words can look completely different in singular and plural forms)...... another tricky aspect of the language....i.e

MAN
GORKO (s) WORBE (p)

FREEBORN
DIIMO (s) RIIMBE (p)

SAVIOUR
HISNOOWO (s) KISNOOBE (p)

WOMAN
DEBBO (s) REWBE (p)

SHOE
FADDO (s) PADDE (p)

NOSE
HINERE (s) KINE (p)

STONE
HAARE (s) KA'E (p)

(DID) YOU WAKE UP IN PEACE?
A WAALI e jam (s)
On MBAALI e jam (pl)

THIEF
GUJJO (s), WUYBE (p)

FULANI
PULLO (s) FULBE (p)

SONG/POEM VERSE
YIMRE (s), GIMII (p)

YOU SAY
A WOOLWA (s) - you say
On MBOOLWAN(p) - they said

SPEAK
mi HAALi jooni (s) I speak now)
en KAALI hannki (p) we spoke yesternight

HEAD
HOORE (s) -head KO'E (p) -heads

CHATTNG
en 'don YEWTA (s) We are chatting
'be 'don NGEWTA (p) They are chatting

GOING
mi don YAHA (s) - I am going
'be DON NJAHA (p) - They are going

PERSON
GIMDO (s) - Perrson
YIMBE (p) - People

STAR
HOODERE (s) KOODE (p)

YEAR
HITAANDE (s) KITAALE (p)

EYE
YITEERE (s) GIITE (p)

MOUTH
HUNNDUKO (s), KUNNDUDE (p)

and many more ........
VERY VERY INTERESTING

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:25am On Sep 16, 2014
the fact that our ancestors wrote texts in our language as far back as the heydays of Timbuktu contributed in my opinion in making rich.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah: the fact that our ancestors wrote texts in our language as far back as the heydays of Timbuktu contributed in my opinion in making rich.

a language has to be rich, before you can translate complete texts in it.... no?
The richness and diversity of Fulfulde/Pulaar .... in your opinion, do you think it a plus or a disadvantage?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah: the fact that our ancestors wrote texts in our language as far back as the heydays of Timbuktu contributed in my opinion in making rich.

What alphabets did they use ?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:39am On Sep 16, 2014
Bororojo:

a language has to be rich, before you can translate complete texts in it.... no?
The richness and diversity of Fulfulde/Pulaar .... in your opinion, do you think it a plus or a disadvantage?
at the moment, it's a disadvantage, I bet the brothers in North West were drawn toward Hausa due to simplicity. Same thing happen with French, people prefer it for literature, the Olympic.
If we were to teach it to our people and promote something like Poetry which the Iranians do (both Islamists and non Islamists), we'd create interest in it. That's why I am so into that lesecritsislamiquesdufouta which posts poetry. Down in the road, we'll need to build an academy. I already know where we can put the seat, what other place than Mamou, the center of Guinea where all the ethnic groups meet.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:41am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

they used Arabic characters. It was the case up until recently when the French came. Turkish language was written in Arabic characters too before Kemel Attaturk decided to make them "Europeans" and switched to latin alphabet.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:41am On Sep 16, 2014
Alphabet or script?
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:44am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah:
they used Arabic characters. It was the case up until recently when the French came. Turkish language was written in Arabic characters too before Kemel Attaturk decided to make them "Europeans" and switched to latin alphabet.

Okay so that means prior the Arabs you had no alphabet or script right? No texts/books either

Don't get me wrong I'm actually trying to find and know African ethnic group who developped their own script or alphabet without any external influence
So far only Ethiopian
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Arabic.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Okay so that means prior the Arabs you had no alphabet or script right? No texts/books either

Don't get me wrong I'm actually trying to find and know African ethnic group who developped their own script or alphabet without any external influence
So far only Ethiopian

yes, before the introduction of Arabic script, Fulfulde was mainly an Oral language.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:48am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

So far only Ethiopian
No we did not have it. Like the Turks we were just a bunch of nomads, move from place to place. Fulanis back then used to be fearless. I wish we had the same values our ancestors did.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:50am On Sep 16, 2014
Omarbah:
No we did not have it. Like the Turks we were just a bunch of nomads, move from place to place. Fulanis back then used to be fearless. I wish we had the same values our ancestors did.

You don't have to mention the Turks you know, we should stop seeing external tribes as yardstick

1 Like

Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 1:52am On Sep 16, 2014
Bororojo:

yes, before the introduction of Arabic script, Fulfulde was mainly an Oral language.

Okay

I wonder what makes a group develop a script and another not to, I'm trying to apply logic but i fail to see any explanation
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Omarbah: 1:54am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Okay

I wonder what makes a group develop a script and another not to, I'm trying to apply logic but i fail to see any explanation
to be fair, a Maninka has developed an alphabet called N'ko but it's recent though.
Re: Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis by Nobody: 1:54am On Sep 16, 2014
CAMNEWTON4PRES:

Okay

Lifestyle mainly.....
organized groups with central authorities are more likely to develop a script than nomadic groups loosely tied together.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (80) (Reply)

Post Pictures Of Traditional Weddings. / If You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here! / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.